Dreams, Let's Fly

Catching My Fixed Star
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

▬ Chapter 1: Dreams, Let's Fly ▬

 

It was the day of my piano recital. I was excited but at the same time, I was also quite nervous.

"Ah! What if I mess up? What if I forget which keys to play? What if-" I was abruptly stopped by my mother, Kim Hyesun, as she tried to calm me down.

"Annhee-ah, don't worry. I'm sure you'll do well. You have practiced non-stop everyday. Haven't you always wished for this day to come?" 

She was right. I have always wanted to show others what I was capable of, although I did not want to go to the extent to show-off or even boast to others. I was the humble kind of girl who just wanted to feel accepted by the world for who I was.

I was touched by the words my mother said and calmed down a bit.

"Thank you, mom. I love you guys," I said as I hugged both of my parents. 

"Now," my father, Kim Donghyun, began, "Your brother is probably waiting for us over at the audiences' side so we'll need to head back now. Besides, it's almost time for the recital to begin." He smiled as he said the last few words.

"Tell Sunggyu I said hi." I gave both of them a hug and they wished me the best of luck. As I watched my parents get farther and farther away from me, I began to feel nervous again. 

"Kim Annhee!" A stage director called out.

"Yes?" I responded.

"It's almost time, darling, please get ready," she said in a warm tone.

"A-ah... y-yes," I replied with a trembling tone.

"Don't worry, you'll do great!" She assured me.

"Thank you," I grinned. However, I felt my heart beat faster and faster as time passed. "This is just a step closer to your dream. I just need to be calm and everything will be alright." I whispered to myself. 

Then it was time.

"Everybody, please give a round of applause to our next participant, Kim Annhee," the emcee boomed.

I straightened out myself before entering the stage and at that moment, as I walked out, I began to feel a little confident, suppressing my nervousness and thoughts and saying one last time to myself:

"This is my dream."  

 

══════ 

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter