Forever (His Decision)

Catching My Fixed Star
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

▬ Chapter 22: Forever (His Decision) ▬

 

“Hyung, there’s a seat over there. Let’s wait over there instead, okay?” Woohyun nudged me.

“I’m fine over here,” I told him.

I haven’t budged from my spot ever since the time Annhee was called in for a surgery. Apparently, when the doctor checked up on her, he told me that the worse has happened. Her body was slowly deteriorating. She needed the transplant right away. He told me that if there would be no donors in at most three days, then it would only harm her health even more.

Time is slowly ticking and I have no idea what to do.

“Damn it!” I punched the cold granite floor. “I don’t know what I should do!”

“Just try to be calm and wait for-”

“Wait?” I cut of Dongwoo who just walked over to me. I looked up at him. My eyes wouldn’t cry any more tears. “What am I supposed to be doing while I wait? My only sister is battling with her life and I’m just going to wait?”

“Hyung, it’s not like we can find a donor that easily,” Sungyeol held a hot cup of coffee and handed it to me. “Here, drink this.”

“Why are you giving him coffee?” Myungsoo took the coffee and handed me a cup of water. “He needs to sleep, not stay awake. Drink this instead.”

I took Myungsoo’s cup and thanked him. Donor, huh?

I stood up and finished the cup of water. I started to walk towards the elevator and pressed the down button.

“Hyung, where are you going?” Sungjong called from behind.

“I’m going to talk to the doctor about how to find a donor.”

“What? It’s not like you can just ask someone from the street to be the donor,” Hoya scratched his head.

“Yeah, what makes you so sure that you will be able to find one?” Sungyeol questioned.

I’m not sure, but I definitely will. I didn’t want to answer them. As the elevator opened, I entered and before it closed, I just smiled to them.

 

══════ 

 

It was already late at night and I came out of a building near the hospital. I smiled and held on to the tag tightly in my hand.

“Annhee-ah, we’ve found a donor.”

 

I crept inside Annhee’s room later that night after Dongwoo called me saying that she’s already back in her room. Slowly, I grabbed a chair and sat beside her, holding her tiny hands in mine. I smiled at her, seeing how sound asleep she was. Heh, she was always looking like my little princess, even during the times she was asleep.

How I’m going to miss these moments.

 “Annhee-ah,” I whispered, “everything will be alright, hmm? Oppa’s here.”

Flashbacks from the past slowly appeared. From the day she wanted to learn the piano, how she always wanted for me to teach her something new, to the bright smile on her face when she won competitions and of course, to the times when we argued. Everything came into my mind.

“Hey sis,” I chuckled. “Remember when I always told you not to cry?” I wiped away the tear stains on her cheeks, “Don’t cry again, okay?”

 

“H-How do we get a donor?” I shivered.

“The donor should have the same blood type as her for easy transfusion.”

 

“It’ll only hurt me to see you cry…”

 

“Living donors aren’t favorable since we will have to cut off a lot of nerves,” he clearly stated, “It’ll only make the rest of that donor’s living days miserable.”

 

“Try not to eat too much junk food at night, okay? You’ll only get fat,” I teased, “Don’t wear revealing clothes either, arraso?”

 

“As long as they have the donor’s tag clearly visible, then we will do the transplant as soon as we can.”

 

“Study well and achieve both of our dreams, okay? I know it’s selfish of me to ask, but I guess you’ll have to do mine too,” I smiled as I took out and glanced at the tag in my hand. “I did say that I’ll protect you forever, right?” I clutched onto her hand and hugged her for the last time.

“I love you, Kim Annhee. I’ll always be here. Forever.”

 

══════ 

 

“Hyung?!” Sungjong spat out his noodles. “I thought you’d be staying at the hospital? What about the donor?”

“I found one.”

“Really?!” Woohyun, Sungyeol and Hoya burs

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter