Remembering Hurts

Catching My Fixed Star
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

▬ Chapter 2: Remembering Hurts ▬

 

[No one's POV]

Peep... Peep.... Peep....

There was only the sound of the heart monitor and everything in the room was quiet. Two days had already passed since the incident and Annhee was still unconscious. Her parents were both sitting on the side of her bed, her mother holding her hand, silently weeping, while her father encouraged her that everything will be alright.

Sunggyu was not in America anymore as he left for Seoul yesterday to enter Woollim University. Although he did not want to leave Annhee behind, her parents told him that they will take good care of her. With sadness in his eyes and heart, he apologized to Annhee before he left, saying that he had not been a good brother. He also promised that once he will see her again, he will never leave her side and take good care of her better. With these last words, he left.

Hannah, her best friend, was also present in the room. She felt that she was the cause of all the things happening to Annhee.

"Annhee, I'm so sorry. I shouldn't have talked to you that night. I should have just waited to see you the next day. I just wanted to know how you were since I couldn't watch you perform that day. I'm so sorry,"she began to weep. 

Suddenly, her eyes began to slowly open.

"Annhee?" Her mother called out. Her hand twitched a little, acknowledging that she was conscious. "Annhee!" Her mother jumped up and hugged her tight.

"Nurse... Nurse! Her father called out.

"Who... are... you...?" she said in a small voice.

Upon hearing this, her mom clasped her hands over . "Oh, Annhee-ah..."

The doctor and nurse rushed in and checked Annhee's vital signs, her heart rate, etc.

"I'm sorry," the doctor began. "Due to the strong impact from the accident, it seems your daughter cannot remember anything. But don't worry. I believe she will regain all of her memories in the near future."

"How long will it be before she remembers everything?" Her father asked, concerned.

"It depends on the patient. Sometimes there are things that would trigger to help them remember the past while some would just gradually come back, or..." the doctor began to slow down.

"What is it?" Her mother asked through her sobs.

"There are also cases wherein patients won't regain their memories back... ever. Let's just hope that that doesn't happen to Annhee." With that, the doctor and nurse left, leaving Annhee's parents baffled at th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter