Can’t Take It Anymore

Catching My Fixed Star
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

▬ Chapter 18: Can’t Take It Anymore ▬

 

A two weeks have passed after that incident with Myungsoo and ever since that day, I felt a bit weird around him, so I try to not hang with him all that much. Although it doesn’t help that he always keeps popping up everywhere.

“Hey, Annhee,” my new friend, Dara who is also a singing major, giggled beside me, “What’s your relationship with that dude over there?”

“That dude?” She motioned to the guy whose back was facing us but you can clearly tell who it was. “Oh, Myungsoo? He’s… uh…”

“Your boyfriend?” Minzy, another friend of mine and a dance major, teased. “He’s been hovering near you every day.”

“N-No! He’s just a friend!” I blushed, denying everything with everything that I got. “W-Well, it’s not like he’s bad. I mean, Myungsoo’s handsome, he can play the guitar extremely well, he can sing, he has a nice face, and probably a nice body too-”

“OMG, you’ve seen him ?!” Dara shrieked, to which all the other people around us looked to our direction, even Myungsoo. A smirk curved up his lips.

Damn. He probably heard our conversation.

“She’s not denying it!” Both of them said in unison, obviously fan-girling.

“Guys!” I yelled at them, my back facing Myungsoo so he couldn’t see my expression. I could feel my face heat up. “Geez, of course I haven’t seen him ! What’s wrong with you?!”

“What’s this? Who haven’t you seen ?” a voice started behind me.

“Myungsoo! Who else?!”

“Yah, Kim Annhee.”

I turned around and to my displeasure, it was none other than my brother. His face was clearly fuming and his eyes narrowed as he crossed his arms, definitely not amused.

“Omo, how did your brother get here?” Dara whispered, shocked. Both of them had heard that Sunggyu oppa was one of those overly protective brothers.

“Hi… oppa…?” I tried to smile.

“Hyung,” Myungsoo came up with a big grin on his face and looked at me; his hands inside his pockets as usual. “You have a naughty sister over there. But I’m not complaining. It’s cute.”

“Ooh! He called you cute!” Minzy cooed.

“It’s their fault, oppa, not mine!” I tried to defend. “And…” I fidgeted with my fingers, “It’s not like I’ve seen or want to see people n-…”

A hand suddenly ruffled my hair, surprising me.

“Your sister really is cute,” I heard Dongwoo oppa’s voice and I swear, I can see him grinning. “Let her loose this once, Gyu hyung. It’s that guy’s fault anyway, keeping such close eye on her.”

“Hey, how is that my fault?” Myungsoo protested.

“Anyway,” Howon showed up and pinched my cheeks, “if you want to see someone , or even just the top part , I’m here for you,” he smirked.

“W-Wha-?” My heart… I can’t take it anymore…

“What’s with that, hyung?” Myungsoo slyly smiled and nodded to my direction. “You got her burning up over there.”  

“Hey,” Howon smiled, his canine teeth showing, and got to my eye level. He poked my forehead, to which I twitched, “I was just kidding.”

“You guys…” I winced, “…are all erts!”

“HEY!” They all said in unison.

 

══════ 

 

After class has ended, I casually walked over to my locker and dialed my code. When I opened it, a splash of paint covered my entire face and was all over my uniform in an instant.

“Omg, are you okay?” The people around me were whispering to each other and a lot of them were trying to help me. I’m glad that these guys over here are much more helpful than the ones back in Seoul. I could have been a laughing stock over there.

“What’s this entire ruckus about?” Mr. Jason showed up and his eyes widened at the sight. “Annhee-ah, are you okay?” He took out his checkered handkerchief and tried to wipe all

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter