Concerto

Catching My Fixed Star
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

▬ Chapter 7: Concerto ▬

 

After meeting with the members of Infinite, I finally walked to my last class that day: Singing.

“Alright class!” The teacher, Mr. Yang, shouted as he entered the noisy classroom,“We have a new student today.” Whispers filled the room. “Please come in," I heard him say to which I shyly walked in front of the class and began to introduce myself.

“Annyeonghasaeyo. I’m Kim Annhee,” I smiled. “It’s nice to meet all of you.”

Another batch of murmurs engulfed the room.

“Kim Sunggyu’s sister?!”

“OMG, another prodigy?”

“Does she play the piano too?”

“Okay, okay. Settle down.” Mr. Yang waved his hand. “Annhee,” he scanned the room. “You can sit next to Hyemi. Hyemi, please raise your hand.”

I saw the girl who I met a few days ago in the bathroom raise her hand. “Over here,” she waved. I walked towards the back of the room and sat in the seat next to her. “So you’re doubling in majors?” 

“Yes. Both in Piano and Singing.” 

“You really are like Sunggyu, although he only majors in Piano, he has a nice voice too.”

“Now,” Mr. Yang held up a poster. “It’s time for Woollim University’s annual Concerto. You guys know what this means?” He inquired. The class nodded. “It’s going to have the same routine as last year. You guys will go through auditions and the best people will perform in the Concerto. But this year, there’s another catch. There will be five people who will win this year’s Concerto.” 

The class began to feel excited.

“Really?” Someone answered with a hopeful voice. “Then there’s going to be a lot more chances that I will win.”

“This has never happened before,” a guy behind me said. “But it’s sounds fun.”

“Another thing,” Mr. Yang continued. “Those five will be able to go to London and study their major there for a month.”

“I am so winning this,” a girl with short hair commented.

“The auditions will be held next week. Good luck to all of you,” he concluded.

Then the bell rang, just in time after Mr. Yang ended the announcement and everybody left with hopeful and excited spirits, knowing that they have more chances to win, plus the incentive.

 

══════ 

 

After school, I was walking home and thought about what I was go

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter