Picking and Recording of Songs

Ly&Ly; ~ Heavenly & Deadly {indefinite hiatus}
Please log in to read the full chapter

Tuesday, January 17th, 2012

"Here is the list of songs to choose from, and here are the discs to listen to the tracks." CEO Kwon announced, placing both materials onto the conference's table, glancing at each of the fourteen girls curiously looking at the materials.

"So, we're able to choose our own songs for our debut album?" Mira asked, speaking first, a little shocked.

"Yes." CEO Kwon answered curtly. "The songs' have already been arranged, lyrically written, and assigned with singing, and, or rapping, guides. All they need now are all of your vocals to complete and claim them as your own."

"Wow." "Whoa." "No way." "Awesome." The responses came out.

"Yes, surprising isn't it?" CEO Kwon smiled at all of them. "Of course, the managing team could have handled all of that, but since this will be Ly&Ly's debut album, it's only fair that you girls get to have an opinion of what songs you girls would like on it, and what will fit you the best."

The girls just looked at one another, surprised at this aspect, but really happy that they would be choosing their own songs for their first debut album. They would have a say in what they want for it, and be able to choose the songs themselves, not many artists are given that priviledged, especially newly debut artists and rookies.

"The debut album will have twenty-one tracks in total. Each of you, meaning fourteen of the twenty-one tracks, will have a solo track of your own. You may choose to featured another labelmate or labelmates, in your solo song, if you think the song may require for it. Two of the other seven tracks will respectively be one, for Heavenly Angels, and the other, for Deadly Demons. The remaining five, two will be short, an intro and an outro, while the other three tracks will be all of you on it and full length. Any questions?" CEO Kwon asked, glancing at each of the girls after his explanation for the album.

Misun raised her hand and CEO Kwon acknowledged her. "Does the paper have which songs are for the respective categories that you have mentioned them for?"

"It does. It also lists the name of the title of the tracks as well. There are over fifty songs for you girls to choose from, but you'll only have a week to choose the twenty-one tracks. Yes, it is not a lot of time, but this will help you girls to make decisions faster and to have something to focus on. On January twenty-fourth, we'll meet again and by then, I hope the twenty-one songs have been chosen as well as the main title track from it, and a name title for the album, too. If any of you have questions or concerns, please do not hestitate to contact me, or leave a message with Secretary Nam. You all are now dismissed. I would recommend for you ladies to start listening to the songs now." CEO Kwon firmly said as he smiled, slightly bowed, and left the conference room.

"That's kind of crazy, don't you think?" Hyera asked out loud, looking at her fellow members, once CEO Kwon left..

Some of the girls shrugged.

"Probably, but this is kind of exciting, isn't it? I'm really excited about this!" Jihyeon happily let out, clapping her hands together in excitement.

"Yeah, I agree with Jihyeon-ah. We freely get to choose our own songs." Sooyun smiled brightly, already itching to grab a hold of the sheet of paper and cd discs.

"How about we go to the group study area and go over the songs?" Suggested Hyunmi already getting up and grabbing some of the materials.

Sungmi followed suit, doing the same thing and agreeing. "Yeah, I like that. We'll be better there since we'll be able to listen to the tracks without bothering others and using up the other rooms."

All the girls followed the two out of the conference room and headed off to the study group room to begin their music assignment.

-------------

Tuesday, January 24th, 2012

"So have you girls decided on the twenty-one tracks that will make up this debut album of yours?" CEO Kwon asked, once they were settled in the same conference room a week before.

"Yes." All the girls replied.

"All right, let me hear it." CEO Kwon said, sitting comfortly in his chair, leaning back wguke waiting for the girls' responses.

One by one the girls gave their responses and the reasons, even though CEO Kwon didn't ask for the reasons, but they knew he would.

"We've chosen these songs as they fitted our style as a group, as well as individually, but  it's also what we wanted to show off to the whole world." Ahnyai explained. "We also wanted to give off diversity within the music and its style, and not just the repetiveness sound from a majority of other groups. Like what Founder Jang had stated just

Please log in to read the full chapter