Petty quarrels

When I'm Kissing You

After the showcase Chanyeol and Baekhyun became closer to each other than before. Even though they were roommates at their dormitory both of them felt something was stopping them to be close with each other. But that feeling was gone, thanks to the hug they shared.

 

“Guys let’s go! We will be late for our performance at the M Bank” Suho the charming leader said while putting on his bracelet on his wrist.

 

“Ne” the members answered and went outside their dormitory, heading for the car. The company allocated two cars for the members, one for EXO M and one for EXO K. EXO M’s car was the first one to leave, leaving the EXO K members behind.

 

Chanyeol who was the first one to sit on their car then put his jacket beside him. Kai who wants to sit beside him noticed the jacket. “Ya! Get your jacket off the seat; I want to sit here.”

 

“Don’t want too!” Chanyeol exclaimed and smiled wickedly. Members are now sitting comfortably in the car except for Kai and Baekhyun who was waiting for Kai to settle.

 

“And where am I suppose to sit?! Want me to be on the roof of the car?!” Kai with an annoyed expression marked on his face.

 

“I don’t want you to sit beside me, I want Baekhyun hyung!”

 

Kai looked at Chanyeol like he’s going to punch him. He’s not in a good mood that day.

 

“Ya! Stop arguing and just settle down, we’re late! Chunnie (their manager) hyung will give us his 10 paged sermons again before going home!” D.O said with a worried expression on his face.

 

“Kai hyung” Sehun the maknae of the group called. “Sit beside me, so we can go now.”

 

Kai then went beside Sehun and sat without saying anything again.

 

Chanyeol on the other hand happily took the jacket beside him “Come on Puppy!”

 

Baekhyun looking at Chanyeol was shaking his head softly and palm on his face, with no other option he sat beside his dongsaeng. The car hurriedly left the parking lot. It took them 30 minutes to arrive at their destination. When their manager saw them arriving on their room backstage, he then signaled the other crew that the EXO K Members are on the building.

 

The manager then entered the room with red face; the members took that as a bad sign. After looking at them with fierce in his eyes, he then had a deep breath and started his sermon to the members.

 

The members could see fire on their manager’s eyes while he talked; they know that they did something wrong and that is being late. Korean people doesn’t like people who are late, they believe that every second is important.

 

“Oh Boy, this is going to take us a while” Baekhyun told himself, eyes fixed on their manager with a sad face.

 

After 20 minutes, the manager was finally ending his sermon “Don’t be late again sons of mine, we don’t want to leave impressions to people working here in M Bank that you EXO members are primadonna like persons. That would harm your future career. Am I making myself clear?”

 

“Ne” the members answered sadly.

 

After that they heard a soft knock from outside and a crew member suddenly appeared on the slightly opened door. “It’s EXOs time to record their performance.

 

The members slightly bowed on the crew while sitting on the long couch. After the door was closed they finally stand up and prepared their selves for the upcoming performance.

 

“Break a leg” the manager told them, now slightly smiling. The members then gathered around and put their hands on top of the other.

 

“We are one!” Kris exclaimed.

 

“EXO Fighting!”

 

The recording went smoothly for the 12 gorgeous members of EXO; they recorded a special performance because all of them are performing on one stage. They performed their 2nd prologue song HISTORY and their carrier song MAMA. Fan chants can be heard during their performance. Those chants made the member’s hearts swell, swelling with pride and happiness.

 

After performing, they bid goodbyes to their fans now screaming at the top of their lungs and shouting the name of their own biases. The performance they recorded at M Bank will be airing later that day, and the result will be announced tomorrow. Meaning they will be back there again tomorrow.

 

The members then went inside their respective cars, their day was just starting. They changed their clothes backstage because they’ll be now going to another event, an interview with a television program. But before that, they will be going to the airport first because EXO M will be leaving them, they are going to China and will be staying there for a while.

 

Sighs could be heard inside EXO K’s car, each member was doing something. Sehun was tapping his cell phone and was sending texts to Lu Han who was on the other car, Kai closed his eyes and decided to take a nap and a hurtful expression could be seen on his face. Suho was looking intently to Kai; he could sense that his dongsaeng was in pain.

 

“Kkamjjong, you okay? Does something hurt?” a worried tone from their guardian.

 

“I’m okay hyung, don’t worry about me.” Kai answered, eyes still shut.

 

“After the interview let’s go to the nearest hospital to be sure. You need to take more care on yourself.”

 

Kai didn’t respond to his hyung’s words. He just wants to have some rest.

 

D.O on the other hand was silently eating Bibimbap. Baekhyun was listening to a song from his headphone connected to his ipod player.

Chanyeol was searching something from his pack bag; he smiled when he found it. He then turned his face to Baekhyun.

 

“Puppy!” he said sweetly.

 

Since Baekhyun was listening to a song, he was unaware that Chanyeol was calling him.

 

“Puppy!” he called again.

 

No response from his hyung.

 

“Puppy?” he tried again. He’s smile slowly fading away.

 

No response.

 

“Doesn’t he like my pet name for him? Why is he not answering me?” unaware that his beloved hyung was just listening to a song. (HELLO!!!! Look at the headphone!!!)

 

After a while they were at the Incheon Airport, after getting off the car camera flashes welcomed them, reporters were there, fans are also present, of course they knew that EXO M is now leaving Korea to promote their album on the Chinese market, it is obvious enough that members from EXO K will be saying their goodbyes to their co members. Members smiled as a greeting to everyone. One thing was ringing on their heads.

 

“Smile warmly to the people even if you’re tired”

 

EXO members then went inside the airport; they found their co members already checking in their luggage. Sehun then ran towards Lu Han and gave his hyung a tight embrace, HUNHAN fans would be delighted to see it.

 

The members then hugged each other.

 

“Take care of the members there doijang” Suho smiled like an angel from heaven.

 

“Sure, no problem. Take good care of the dongsaengs as well” Kris answered, smiling coolly and looking down to EXO K’s leader because he was quite short for him. (Note: Kris is 6’2 feet while Suho was only 5’5 feet only)

 

“Calling all the passengers of flight A22890 Seoul, South Korea to Beijing China please proceed to GATE 12” A girl’s voice called out.

 

“Well, that would be our flight to China” Chen smiled sadly.

 

The members fell silent for a while after what Chen said.

 

“Take good care of your selves you guys, we’ll be back in no time” Xiu Min cracking the silence that surrounds the members. He then let a cute smile escape his lips.

 

“Break a leg there you guys!” Kai said, and smiled for the first time that day.

 

“Remember, we may be standing at different lands but we are still looking at the same sky” Chanyeol said.

 

“We will still be one!” Baekhyun gave thumbs up to EXO M.

 

Everyone smiled, and after last hugs to each other EXO M members bid their goodbye to their brothers from EXO K and walked slowly to Gate 12.

 

A tear fell from Sehun’s cheek; D.O saw it and said “Sehunnie! Don’t cry.” And wiped Sehun’s tears with his pink hanky that he took out from his pocket.

 

After the sad goodbyes at the airport they went to an interview from a program, they answered the questions whole heartedly hoping that their sincerity would reach somehow their fans. Suho and Kai then went to the hospital directly after the interview and the other members went home directly to their dormitory.

 

Chanyeol who was silent all throughout their travel back home made Baekhyun wonder what’s the matter with him. He then got off the car quickly and heads toward their room.

 

Baekhyun not used to what Chanyeol was acting asked Sehun what was his problem. Sehun answered him with a shrug.

 

“Hmmmm, what’s his problem?” he then followed Chanyeol on their room.

 

Chanyeol took off his accessories, and was now ing his full of glitters costume.

 

“Chanyeol a” he called to his dongsaeng while removing his make up with wet tissues. To his surprise his dongsaeng slash roommate didn’t pay attention to him or answered him, which was really unusual.

 

“Chanyeol a” he tried again.

 

This time he’s really sure that Chanyeol was ignoring him; his dongsaeng didn’t bother to look at him. The younger boy then lied down to his bed and stared at the ceiling.

 

Baekhyun who can’t take the silent treatment anymore walked towards the side of the bed. “What’s the problem Chanyeol a?”

 

Chanyeol still not looking at his hyung.

 

“Hey” touched his dongsaeng’s arm and sat at its bed. “Are you angry with me? Can you tell me what did I do wrong?”

 

Just then Chanyeol looked at his hyung and then turned his gaze away, not saying anything.

 

“Aish!” Baekhyun exclaimed, can’t bear what Chanyeol was acting, he then marched towards the door but before finally going out he looked again at his dongsaeng with a worried look.

“Maybe he just need some time off with me around” he told himself. He then sighed and left the room.

 

 

He then heard the silent closing of the door; Baekhyun went out the room and left him all alone. He then let a deep sigh out. For an unknown reason he was still affected by the fact that Baekhyun didn’t pay any attention unto him when he called them earlier today on their car. He knows that he’s acting like a kid because he was making that little thing as a big deal.

 

“Hmp! I was too excited to give my gift to him this morning because I know he would love the things I would give to him, but he didn’t pay any attention unto me” he thought to himself. He pouted his lips like a toddler making him cute.

 

He then turned to his right and was now facing Baekhyun’s bed, he noticed that a white stuffed dog toy was placed in center of the bed, he then stand up and walked towards the older guy’s bed an picked the stuff toy. The toy was clean and cute; it reminded him of its owner. He squeezed it thinking it was his hyung.

 

“Why didn’t you pay any attention to me this morning? You know I even saved you a sit beside me and fought it over with Kai.” Chanyeol said angrily to the toy.

 

“No use” putting the toy back on the bed. “You’re not talking back to me. You’re no fun” and returned to his bed and decided to have a little nap hoping to ease what he’s feeling inside.

 

 

“I really don’t know what I did this morning that caused Chanyeol acting this way” Baekhyun was sitting in one of their cute couches in their living room with D.O beside him.

 

D.O who was drinking his favorite coco milk looked at Baekhyun with his popular big eyes with a blank expression like a little kid.

 

Baekhyun then turned to his side and banged his head with the throw pillow he was holding. “What did I do? I really can’t remember.”

 

“Hyung, don’t use the throw pillow on banging your head, use the wall instead” he then put down his mug at the center table and pulled the pillow away from Baekhyun. He then caressed the pillow “You okay little pillow? You’re not hurt right? I know hyung’s head is a little tough than the other heads but I assure you his normal”

 

Baekhyun can’t help but smile when he saw and heard what his dongsaeng told the throw pillow he was holding a while ago.  He’s acting like an abnormal person; talking to a pillow like it was a person.

 

“Yaaaaa!!!!! Why are you more concerned on that throw pillow than me? I was asking you earlier!” the older guy said.

 

“Well hyung, first of all don’t pour your frustration with Chanyeol on the poor throw pillow, it didn’t do anything wrong” put the throw pillow down and stared at his hyung. “Give Chanyeol some time, maybe later he would finally tell you why he’s acting like that.”

 

Baekhyun then stand up from the couch and walked towards the glass window and looked outside.

 

*********

 

Later that night, Chanyeol was awakening by gentle shakes. He then tried to cover his face with a pillow because he wants to sleep some more, but then someone took the pillow away from him.

 

“What do you want? Give me my pillow back” he said, eyes still shut.

 

Silence answered him.

 

“Ya! Give me my pillow back!” he then sat and opened his eyes.

 

In front of him now was a big box, wrapped with pink and white hearts wrapper and a pink ribbon was sitting at the top of the box.

 

Chanyeol was still looking at it, asking himself if the box was for him. He then stand up and looked more closely at the box and found a note saying “CHANYEOL~A OPEN ME PLEASE!”

 

He then without second thoughts opened the box, balloons with different colors came out from the big box and were now hanging at the ceiling, and then a guy stood up from the box facing the opposite direction, and it was his BAEKHYUN hyung.

 

Baekhyun who was wearing a white polo and white pants with a dog ears head band turned to face Chanyeol and gave out his sweetest and melting smile. He was holding card boards.

 

Chanyeol doesn’t know how to react on what his hyung was doing. He then gazed at the first card board with the letters saying “CHANYEOL A!”

 

Baekhyun who was aware that Chanyeol was reading the first card board then flipped the card boards he was holding one at a time, letting Chanyeol read each card boards.

 

The words from the card boards go like this….

 

“CHANYEOL a”

 

“You’re beloved Baekhyun “PUPPY” hyung here”

 

“I know you’re mad at me right now”

 

“I really don’t know what I did wrong this morning”

 

“But let me say”

 

“I’m Sorry”

 

“Please forgive Puppy on what he did unto you”

 

“You know I’m really not used on you not paying attention to me”

 

“Please talk to me again, I miss you, you know =(“

 

“I miss the HAPPY VIRUS Chanyeol that I know”

 

“Please smile if were okay now =)”

 

After reading the card boards his hyung was holding, he looked at his hyung.

 

Baekhyun on the other hand looked more closely to Chanyeol expecting a smile from him, but after a few minutes, Chanyeol’s face remains blank. He then put his head down realizing he did not achieved what he wants to achieve. “Wow what an epic fail” he told himself.

 

Chanyeol then walked towards his hyung and hugged him tightly.

 

Baekhyun caught off guard from the hug Chanyeol gave him.

 

“Thanks hyung” he whispered and smiled happily.

 

After a few more minutes holding close each other, they finally sat down on Chanyeol’s bed.

 

Baekhyun then asked his dongsaeng what was the reason he acted like that.

 

Chanyeol then smiled sheepishly and started to explain the reason to his hyung, after telling the whole story Baekhyun gazed at him.

 

“That’s the reason?! That’s why you were acting like that?! Just because I didn’t pay attention to you when you called me?! He said furiously.

 

The dongsaeng then naughtily grinned again. “I didn’t expect you’d do something like this for our reconciliation Puppy!”

 

“You’re unbelievable!” Baekhyun hissed while shaking his head.

 

Chanyeol smiled ear to ear. “HiHiHi! Thanks hyung! Don’t be mad!”  He hugged his hyung’s waist.

 

“Saranghe Puppy! Thanks for the event for our reconciliation!”

 

“YA! Call me hyung once in a while!” Baekhyun shouted at his dongsaeng and grinned.

 

Chanyeol just smiled, happiness can be seen on his adorable face.

 

Actually after hearing Chanyeol telling him saranghe Baekhyun’s heart skipped a beat. “He said Saranghe!” he told himself and looked down at his dongsaeng, then a sad smile formed on his lips. “How I wish he meant it as his special someone and not as his hyung.”