At The Beginning

When I'm Kissing You

 

< CHANYEOL’s POV>

 

                It was past six in the morning but Chanyeol was already up from bed and was now looking at his luggage. Today was the day that Chanyeol was waiting for, the starting point of the career he was working hard for. He was a trainee of SM ENTERTAINMENT for almost 4 years.  A month ago, Chanyeol was informed by the manager of the newest group that SM ENTERTAINMENT would produce and would lead the KPOP WAVE that he would become one of the member of a group named EXO. You could just imagine Chanyeol’s face when he was informed; a wide smile was plastered on his face, an expression of shock, disbelief and happiness with matching big eyes sparkling like an anime character.

 

“This is it! This is really is it! I will be meeting my band mates.” He can’t hide the fact that he is really excited, he was jumping up and down from his bed, running back and forth inside his room, just like a kid who ate a lot of sugar and chocolates!

 

His mother who was preparing the food in their kitchen could hear the noises her kid was doing, a gentle smile formed in her lips thinking that her son would finally get what he wants.

 

After preparing the food, she went to her son’s room and gently knocked at the door. “BABY CHAN! Come out now and eat your breakfast, I know you’re already awake because I could hear the noises that you make.”

 

He then suddenly opened the door and found his mother outside his room, a naughty smile formed on Chanyeol’s cute lips. “Umma! You’re more beautiful today than the other days.”

 

“If I know you’re only saying that because you’re happy and excited for this day”

 

Chanyeol’s smile disappeared and a grin was formed.

 

“Now, wash your face Baby Chan and fix yourself before eating” and sniffed her son, “Phew! You smell like you haven’t washed for 3 days! Ewwww!!!” and laughed.

 

“Oh really? I smell that bad?” he smiled like a naughty kid. “Well! Smell me more Umma!” and suddenly hugged his mother and laughed really loud.

 

“ Chanyeol! Yuck! You smell!” and laughed with him while trying to escape from her son’s arms.

 

 

< BAEKHYUN’s POV>

 

Baekhyun was packing his things on his luggage when his mother entered his room, sat on his bed and watched him pack his things. After a while he heard soft sobs, at first he ignored it but after some time the soft sobs turned into a loud cry. He then turned his gaze to his side and found his mother hugging his favorite toy, a white dog stuffed toy.

 

“Ma” he called.

 

“Baekhyun son, after you move to your DORM please write to us” with tears on her eyes.

 

“Ma….” Baekhyun stopped folding his clothes.

 

“And also, please visit us more often. Don’t skip meals okay? Take good care of your fragile body; you know you’re thin so be careful when you practice. Be good to your band mates, don’t be rude. If you have any problems don’t hesitate to call Mama right away, okay?”

 

“Yes Ma I will.” he answered.

 

“I can’t believe your leaving us, my little boy is really leaving me” she added and gave a loud cry that could be heard in the next flat.

 

Baekhyun again gazed on his mother and with an annoying facial expression he said “Ma, don’t be so mellow dramatic. Yes I will be moving with my band mates but it’s not that far from here its just 2 blocks away from here”.

 

“Oh, I forgot” his mother smiled shyly.

 

 

 

It was past one o’clock in the afternoon when all the members gathered on their new dormitory except from one member who was late that time.

 

A tall guy entered the room where the members were gathering. “Anneonghaseyo! Did you like your dormitory? By the way I’m Mr. Chu your band manager, if you have questions or problems feel free to tell or ask me, understand?”

 

“Ne.” The members answered.

 

After the manager left the room, cheerful voices and laughter could be heard, just like kids who entered the school for the first time and met new friends.

 

“I wonder why the other member is not here yet” Suho, the guardian of the EXO members said with a worried tone and facial expression.

 

“Maybe he was lost and didn’t know where to find our dormitory” answered by D.O, the lead vocalist of EXO K.

 

When suddenly the door opened a handsome but thin guy entered the room with a middle aged woman clinging on his arm like a kid that doesn’t want to let go of her favorite dolly. Chanyeol noticed the guy and was curious who he was and wondered if he was the member they are waiting for.

 

“Hmmmmm…. He’s good-looking but skinny. I think I could break one of his bones if I will touch him, I’ll stay away from him” with this on Chanyeol’s mind, he unconsciously nodded to himself and looked keenly on the new guy.

 

“What’s with this guy? Looking at me like his scrutinizing me” Baekhyun thought, he then turned to his side and said “Ma, I can handle myself now. You can go home now; I’m not lost as you can see”.

 

“Are you sure son? You can handle yourself?” with a worried look on her face.

 

“Ma, I’m 20 for Christ sake, of course I could handle myself” he explained.

 

“Okay Doggy (Note: Baekhyun’s mom call him Doggy because she finds it cute and for her he looks like a little puppy), just text or call me if you have problem okay? His mother added.

 

“Yeah Ma, I will” pushing his mother now to the door.

 

“I’m leaving. Take care of yourself now” she smiled. “Where’s my kiss? My goodbye kiss?” his mother added and smiled sweetly to her son.

 

When the EXO members heard what the middle aged woman said, they did their best not to laugh and suppressed a smile that was forming on their delicious and sensual lips. Baekhyun noticed it and blushed because he was embarrassed of what his mother said, like hello!!!!! He’s not a baby anymore to be treated like this by his mother!

 

“Ma! You’re embarrassing me in front of my band mates” he whispered to his mother. His mother then looked at the young boys who are now staring at them and has amusement flustered on their faces.

 

“Owww… really now.” his mother said while rolling her eyes in a cute way, then stared again on the band mates of her son and smiled at them, “Hi Boys, I’m Baekhyun’s mother. I’ll be leaving now, take care of yourselves”.

 

The EXO members stand and bowed 90 degree and smiled on Baekhyun’ mom. “Ne, we will.”

 

“Have a safe trip home and stay beautiful Aunty!” Chanyeol said with the cutest smile flustered on his face.

 

After Baekhyun’s mother left their DORM, he then found that his co members are staring at him like he was a specimen under a microscope and was studied carefully by the members.

 

“Hi everyone” he bowed. “EXO K Baekhyun mida, 20 years old, nice meeting you all. Please take good care of me”.

 

Everyone was looking at him and that made him feel uneasy and if he could, he would run way from them and hide. He’s not used to people looking at him because he was comfortable on being an invincible person, and nobody pays attention to him.

 

“No need to be so formal, Baekhyun right?” A soft smile formed on the boys lips. “I’m Lu Han by the way, and these are our band mates, Suho, Kai, Sehun, D.O, Kris, Lay, Xiu Min, Chen and Chanyeol.

 

When everybody knows each other and was comfortable with the other members, they started to bond by asking each other some informations.

 

Chanyeol was silently observing Baekhyun, he doesn’t know why his gaze are fix to him. He looked at him, like studying him and analyzing him.

 

On the other side, Baekhyun was aware that Chanyeol was looking at him. “I wonder, why does he look at me like that? Am I not presentable? Or is something wrong with my face?” he thought.

 

After sometime, the members decided to take some rest because they will be having a practice later at SM Building. Chanyeol and Baekhyun shared a room not because they wanted to but because of a reason, the manager already assigned roommates on each room.

 

When they entered their room they decided to unpack their things and started to arrange it to their satisfaction. Chanyeol who was the first one to finish arranging his things was unaware that he was staring at Baekhyun again who was facing the opposite direction that time, Baekhyun felt that someone was looking at him and found Chanyeol staring at him.

 

“What?” Baekhyun asked.

 

“What?” Chanyeol answered.

 

“Do you have a problem with me?” he asked Chanyeol.

 

“Do you have a problem with me?” Chanyeol repeated.

 

“Stop repeating what I’m saying”. The older guy said (Baekhyun), with a little annoyance on his voice.

 

“Stop repeating what I’m saying”. Chanyeol repeated.

 

Baekhyun stared at him, and Chanyeol’s lips slowly formed a cute smile.

 

Baekhyun was taken aback when Chanyeol smiled and told himself “Wow, what a cute smile, it suited him… Wait! Why am I appreciating Chanyeol’s smile like I’m appreciating a girl with a nice and cute smile?! Crazy..”

 

“Hyung?” Chanyeol called to Baekhyun. With no response from Baekhyun, he stood up and walked towards his hyung.

 

Baekhyun who was awakening from his thoughts realized that Chanyeol was walking towards him. “He’s tall, taller than me with a nice face like an angel. His built is also nice and is proportional to his height” he also told himself.

 

“Hyung?” Chanyeol then grasped Baekhyun’s arm. “Are you alright? What’s happening with you?”

 

Then Baekhyun felt Chanyeol’s grasp on his arm and for no reason his heartbeat started to beat faster than the normal beating. “What’s happening with me? Baekhyun! Get a hold of yourself, you’re acting like you’re not normal at all!!!” he thought.

 

When Chanyeol didn’t receive a response from his hyung, he shook Baekhyun as hard as he could. “HYUUUUUUUNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGG!” he shouted at Baekhyun’s face and because of this, some droplets of his saliva went to Baekhyun’s face.

 

Baekhyun who felt it was finally awake from his deep thoughts. “ EWWW! Chanyeol a! You spitted saliva all over my face!” he said angrily.

 

Chanyeol’s laugh was so loud that the other members from their respective rooms heard it. “Sorry… hyung…. I didn’t… mean it…” he said in between of his laughter.

 

“Argh!!!” Baekhyun shouted in his dongsaeng and run to the bathroom, luckily each room have their own bathrooms.

 

The cute and naughty Chanyeol continued laughing until his stomach hurts.

 

 

“Good afternoon, we gathered all of you here today because of some agendas, we will be giving you you’re assignments to work on for your upcoming debut” Mr. Chu their manager told them in a fatherly tone.

 

After some discussions, each member received their assignments that they would be practicing for the upcoming 3 months.

 

Chanyeol who was sitting beside Kris asked his hyung, “Kris hyung can you help me with my pronunciation on our rap TWO MOONS? Some of its parts are English and I’m not good at it.”

 

“Sure, no problem. But I can’t help you today.” Kris answered.

 

Chanyeol with a cute saddened face asked his hyung again “Why hyung? Do you have any dates today and you want to be with her than me?”

 

Kris stared at his dongsaeng, and chuckled “Shut up Chanyeol a, I don’t have a date. I’ll be accompanying Zhi Tao later, he’s not familiar with Seoul yet, and the other members can’t understand him because he’s hangul is not that good.

 

“Hmmmmmp….” He pouted his lips. “You’re choosing Tao than me”.

 

Kris patted his head and said “Okay let’s put it this way. After I accompany Zi Tao I’ll help you with the English pronunciation thingy when we get back home, How’s that?”

 

Chanyeol hugged Kris with a big smile plastered on his face “Kamsahamnida hyung!”

 

Baekhyun who was listening and observing Chanyeol dislikes what he’s seeing right now. “What’s wrong with him? Making cute faces in front of Kris and hugging him in front of us” he thought. But then the other side of his brain answered him, “Oh really? You don’t like what you’re seeing right now? if I know you don’t want him to do it to others because you want him to do it only for you! NANANANANA!!!!!”

 

“Argh! What’s happening with me?” he whispered to himself.

 

“Hyung?” Kai was calling him.

 

“Ne?” Baekhyun answered not looking at him.

 

“We are asking you if you want to practice with me and Sehun”. Kai was now looking at him intently.

 

His hyung didn’t answer his question.

 

“Hyung?” poked his hyung’s cheek.

 

“Ha? What?” Baekhyun was a little surprise.

 

“You okay? It’s like you’re physically present but mentally absent.” Kai said.

 

Baekhyun looked at him “Sorry I was thinking of something, what was your question again?”

 

“Are you okay?” Kai asked him.

 

“Ne, I’m fine, what is it?” Baekhyun asked again.

 

“We were just wondering if you want to practice with me and Sehun?” Kai repeated his question earlier.

 

“Sure, let’s practice together. That would be fun.” he answered.

 

 

Days passed by so quickly, and the members are now together for almost 2 months practicing day and night for their upcoming debut. One night after a tiring practice, Baekhyun entered their room after taking a bath with Sehun at the public bath house and found Chanyeol taking his clothes off and is getting ready to take a bath.

 

“Hi Hyung!” Chanyeol smiled. “Wanna join me in the bath room and scrub my back for me?” he said naughtily.

 

Baekhyun let out a soft smile. “Naaaa…. Don’t want too, if I know your back is so dirty and it would take too much of my effort to scrub it”

 

“I’ll wash your back and give you a massage too if you scrub my back” Chanyeol said tempting his hyung.

 

The older guy smiled “Hmmmmm…”

 

Chanyeol gave his sweetest smile, a smile that could make ants wanna carry him and put him on their colony.

 

Baekhyun stared at Chanyeol. “Okay” he said after a while.

 

“Yes!” Chanyeol said happily.

 

And when Baekhyun and Chanyeol was about to enter their bathroom, they heard a knock on the door.

 

“It’s open” Baekhyun said.

 

The door opened and Sehun appeared. “Chanyeol Hyung, Kris Hyung wants to talk to you”

 

Baekhyun with a knot on his forehead turned to Chanyeol.

 

“Tell him I’ll be out in a minute, I’ll have a bath first with Baekhyun hyung.” He smiled naughtily.

 

“Bath? With Baekhyun hyung?” Sehun smiled devilishly.

 

“Hey, it’s not what you think.” Baekhyun said to Sehun. For an unknown matter he sensed that their Maknae was thinking of something between him and Chanyeol.

 

“No need to explain hyung, I get it.” The Maknae said with a naughty grin on his face and closed the door.

 

After a while he heard Sehun’s voice outside their room telling the other members that Chanyeol and he are having a bath together, and he could hear chuckles from outside.

 

“I’m going to beat that boy” Baekhyun said ready to open the door when Chanyeol stopped him.

 

“Let him hyung, you know Sehun, he’s a naughty kid”.

 

“But----“ Baekhyun protested.

 

Chanyeol smiled. “Just scrub my back first and after that let’s go outside and beat that kid”.

 

After he finished scrubbing Chanyeol’s back Baekhyun decided to go out of their room. When he got out their room he was surprised when he found his co members outside their room and has that intrigued faces.

 

“How did the bath went with Chanyeol for the first time Baekhyunnie? Xiu Min the eldest of all the members asked with a naughty smile on his cute round face.

 

“Is he the one who washed your body?” Chen added, he’s the main vocalist of EXO M.

 

“Did you enjoy it?” Lay the main dancer of EXO M said and chuckled.

 

“Hey guys, ask Baekhyunnie one at a time, he can’t answer any of our questions if we ask him all at once” Kris the coolest and the tallest member said, his eyes shining while staring at Baekhyun.

 

“Stop it hyungs, Baekhyun hyung is now blushing, look at his face. Aigoo! So cute!” Tao the maknae of EXO M mentioned while smiling ear to ear.

 

At that time Baekhyun doesn’t know how to react, he’s mind is racing with thoughts.. “What’s with these guys? It’s not like we are not taking a bath together” he thought. After a while he’s face turned red like a ripe tomato because of the members who continuously teasing him.

 

Chanyeol finally went out from their room after getting dressed. He was wearing a white sweat pants with matching black sleeveless shirt, exposing some of his white milky skin. He saw what’s happening and then looked at Baekhyun, and smiled to himself after seeing that his hyung was now as red as a tomato.

 

“Hey guys, stop teasing Baekhyun hyung, look at him, he’s like a strawberry now, his face is really red.” Chanyeol called out on his co members.

 

Lu Han who was holding his phone burst out laughing after reading something from his phone.

 

Sehun who was next to him looked at what Lu Han was reading and also laughed after looking at it

 

“What’s funny? Share it with us guys! It’s no fun you two are the only ones who are having all the fun there.” Suho said while smiling like an angel.

 

Lu Han who’s smiling brightly and can’t take off his sight on his phone finally said “Kai posted on his latest update on twitter, quoting Baekhyun and Chanyeol had a private bath together, another bromance for EXO… What do you think? And fans are posting their response on Kai’s tweet.

 

EXO was a hit on YOUTUBE, their company released their teasers last December and was gaining popularity on each sides of the earth, they each have their own teasers and fans are now giving them much attention.

 

Baekhyun finally reacted. “What?! Kai did what?”

 

“Yes Baekhyunnie, he already posted it and right now Tao also uploaded a picture of yours while confronted by the members, look!” and faced his phone towards him.

 

Baekhyun who saw what Tao uploaded then gaze at Tao who was standing beside Kris and is not that away from him.

 

Tao smiled brightly, and Baekhyun then shouted at him.

 

“HUANG ZI TAO!!!” and run towards him, while Tao run as fast as he could to escape his hyung. All of the members laughed as they watched Baekhyun chasing the tall and full of aegyo Zi Tao.

 

While on the other hand, Chanyeol went to the kitchen and got himself a bottle of water. While drinking his water he pulled out his phone and started searching on what his co members tweet and uploaded. He smiled brightly when he found what he was searching, a picture of Baekhyun standing with the other members on his side like they were confronting him. Chanyeol looked more closely on Baekhyun’s face on the picture.

 

“He looked like a kid who was caught after doing something mischievous, so cute!” Chanyeol told himself and decided to save the picture uploaded by Tao. “Souvenir!” He thought.

 

He then turned to Kai’s tweet and read some of the replies, he chuckled.

 

Some fans replied like “Oh Really?! Is that true?! Oh my SO CUTE!!!”, and another reply made him burst to laughter, it said “If that’s the case who’s the girl between them?! I’m imagining both of them in the shower scrubbing each other’s back!”. He then checked the trending topics in the tweeter and found himself amazed. They are the top 2 trending topic on that site. “#EXO’s BAEKYEOL is real!”.

 

Chanyeol can’t hide his smile from the other members who are now staring at him.

 

“Chanyeol a” Suho called out.

 

“Ne?” Chanyeol looked at them still smiling vibrantly.

 

“Are you in favor of you and Baekhyun’s bromance?” Xiu Min asked.

 

Chanyeol didn’t answer; he just raised his eyebrow and shrugged his shoulder, still a smile plastered on his handsome face.