Dreams Do Come True

When I'm Kissing You

 

 

The day before the much awaited debut of EXO came; everyone was present on their dormitory which was unusual. They were practicing really hard on their respective assignments and parts for their acts in their Trainee Building these past few months because their debut was fast approaching.

 

Suho knocked each room and told each member to gather on their lounge. When he knocked and entered Baekhyun and Chanyeol’s room he found them asleep. A tired appearance could be seen on their faces. Suho can’t help but smile when he saw them. He slowly moved to Chanyeol’s side of bed and saw Chanyeol’s mouth slightly open and his eyes are also slightly open. That’s Chanyeol’s funny habit when he’s asleep.  If he doesn’t know Chanyeol that well he would probably think that he’s faking he’s asleep.

 

He then turned to Baekhyun who was snoring like a bear who’s hibernating; out of all the members that are staying on their dormitory Baekhyun’s snore is the loudest.

 

“Hmmm, I wonder how Chanyeol sleeps so peacefully when there’s someone who makes these loud noises on this side of the room, even I can’t stand these noises. It sounds like a ship taking off at the harbor and humping its horn to signal the other ships that he’s going.”

 

He then decided to wake Chanyeol first, because he’s easier to wake than Baekhyun, and also he knows that Baekhyun has this habit whenever someone’s waking him up from his slumber, he’s kicking the person who wakes him. One time D.O tried to wake him up, he bit D.O’s hand and kicked him when the last tried to take his comforter away from him.

 

“Chanyeol a” he gently shook Chanyeol.

 

A soft whine came out from Chanyeol’s throat and hugged his pillow from his side.

 

“Wake up sleepy head.”

 

Chanyeol then slowly opened his right eye. “What is it Suho hyung?”

 

“We have to gather in the living room, I have to announce something. Don’t try to doze off again; I’ll cut your throat if you do. And also bring Baekhyun with you.” He then walked out the door and gently closed it.

 

Chanyeol who was now half awake got up from his bed and looked at his side. He then found Baekhyun still sleeping.

 

“Hyung wake up, Suho sshi wants us at the leaving room.”

 

No response from Baekhyun who was still at his dreamland.

 

“Hyung” Touching his hyung’s hand trying to wake him up.

 

Again, no response.

 

“Aish!!!!!” Chanyeol scratched his head. He stomped his feet on the floor like a kid who is impatiently waiting for his mom. “Hyung! Wake up!” he shouted.

 

Baekhyun then turned to his side and hugged his white dog stuffed toy tightly. Still asleep.

 

Chanyeol’s eyes widen when he saw Baekhyun still asleep and not bothered by his loud voice.

 

“You’re not getting up? I’m going to drag you out of your bed Mister! Don’t blame me for this.”

 

He then grabbed his hyungs foot and pulled Baekhyun from his bed.

 

Baekhyun who was now half awake half asleep felt that someone is pulling him. He then reached the head of his bed and cling on it.

 

Chanyeol who was aware what his hyung did, tickled its foot. “Tickle! Tickle! Tickle!” and a mischievous smile formed on his lips.

 

Baekhyun laughed, and was now awake. “Stop it Chanyeol a! Alright Alright! I’m awake now..”

 

“Finally!” he then stopped on what he was doing. “You’re really one hell of a deep sleeper, you know that hyung” he sighed and sat on the edge of Baekhyun’s bed.

 

Baekhyun then got up from his bed and faced Chanyeol who has some sweat on his face, because he was pulling him and gave effort into it.

 

“Why did you wake me up? You’re lucky I didn’t kicked and bit you like what I did to D.O”

 

Chanyeol then stand up and looked at his hyung. “Suho sshi wants us to gather in the living room, there’s something he wants to tell us.”

 

“Can’t he wait?” an annoyed expression surfaced on his face. “I want to sleep more, we were practicing so hard, and my body is telling me that it wants to have some rest.”

 

The younger guy then walked towards the back of his hyung and hugged him.

 

Baekhyun was caught off guard by the back hug Chanyeol gave him. He then felt his body stiffen and his heart beating wildly. “Here comes the feeling again everytime Chanyeol touches or hugs me. Baekhyun! It’s normal for Chanyeol to hug you! His is your dongsaeng for crying out loud! You’re acting weird again! ABNORMAL!” he shouted to himself inside his mind.

 

“It’s okay hyung, I believe it won’t take long and we could sleep again after that. Now let’s go outside, the other members are waiting for us”.

 

They went out on that position, Chanyeol hugging Baekhyun from his back.

 

“Wow it’s too early for romance you guys!” Lu Han said, teasing them.

 

“Yeah, Lu Lu’s right, can’t you just walk normally? You should not display that in front of us, some of us might be jealous because you two are too sweet with each other” Lay added with a smile flashed on his beautiful and innocent face.

 

Chanyeol smiled from Baekhyun’s back. “Just don’t mind us! I want to hug Puppy like this, so I don’t care what you’re reaction would be”

 

“PUPPY?!” everybody said in chorus.

 

Even Baekhyun tried to look at his dongsaeng with a questioning look on his face.

 

Chanyeol then grinned naughtily and stand properly. “Ne, Puppy. I decided that’s what I want to call Baekhyun hyung”.

 

Baekhyun sat on the nearest sofa, and then gazed at Chanyeol who was still standing. All of the members has this intrigued look on their faces and is now all focus on Chanyeol.

 

“Puppy? Like a young and little dog?” asked by Tao.

 

Chanyeol nodded.

 

“Why Puppy?” Kai also asked, intrigued.

 

“Because he looks like a cute puppy, with that face of his he reminds me of a white dog. And looked at Baekhyun hyung’s ears, they are alike with a dog, long, big and are standing proud, like the puppy’s ears.” Chanyeol explained and then let out a naughty grin.

 

The members burst into laughing after hearing what Chanyeol said.

 

Even Baekhyun can’t hide his bright smile, amazement and surprised could be seen on his eyes.

 

“Look who’s talking, your ears are a lot bigger than mine, and it looked like it could clap on its own if you tried controlling it” Baekhyun said, still smiling dazzlingly.

 

Chanyeol then laughed on what Baekhyun said.

 

 

 

Members are now preparing their selves for their Showcase, this is their first time to meet and perform for their fans. Some of them are with their makeup artists while some of them are getting dressed on their unique, sparkling outfits.

 

For their opening act, they would perform their 2nd prologue song entitled HISTORY, after that they will be doing their solo parts like on the teasers their company released these past few months. In the middle of the program there will be an interview portion so that fans could ask them some questions they want to know about the group and the members. And also for the grand finale, they will be performing for the first time also their title track MAMA.

 

Every member could feel the tension and excitement in the air.

 

“Hyung” Chanyeol called to Baekhyun who’s sitting beside him, like him he’s getting he’s makeup done.

 

“Ne?” His hyung answered without looking at him.

 

“Can you hold my hand even for a minute? I’m really nervous and I think I’ll crack anytime now.” He turned to his hyung with pleading on his eyes.

 

Baekhyun looked at him with a gentle smile on his lips. He then reached his dongsaeng’s hand and holds it tightly. “Here, is that better?”

 

The younger guy smiled at him. “Ne hyung, kamsahamnida”

 

As Baekhyun grasp Chanyeol’s hand, the young boy felt the warmth coming from his hyung’s hand, and because of this he felt relaxed and calm. His heart pounding from his chest like a drum a while ago was now beating normally. He was confused with the thought that just by holding his hyung’s hand he felt that his uneasiness was like a bubble now that slowly disappears.

 

“Hyung, what is this feeling? I felt that whenever I feel uneasy, all I need is you. The thought of holding hands with you makes my heart filled with happiness. Your touch, to reassure me that I can do it and everything will be fine. Why am I feeling this way? I can’t understand why at the time like this all I want is to feel the warmth of your hand on my skin; it’s like a muscle relaxant, the effect on me is like calming each cell, tissue and muscle in my entire body.” Chanyeol thought and gave out a deep sigh. “I’m thinking too much.”

 

Manager Chu suddenly appeared out of nowhere and Chanyeol noticed that all the members are now gathered at that side of the backstage.

 

“You ready? We will now start the Showcase.” He smiled. “Just have fun in the stage and do your best to satisfy your fans.”

 

“Ne” the members answered.

 

Mr. Chu then told them that they will be starting in five minutes and then walked away from the members and headed to the side of the stage.

 

The members stand and formed a circle. Tension filled the air, and all of them could feel it.

 

Kris then let out a soft sigh and smiled on his co members. “The time has come guys, the Exo from Exo Planet finally landed on earth.”

 

With that everybody smiled and each of them reminisced their pasts, their hard work, the heavy practices, sweats and hardships while waiting for this moment to arrive.

 

Suho then extended his arm at the center and the members piled their hands at the top of each other’s hand. Everyone smiled and excitement can be seen on their eyes. “WE ARE ONE” he exclaimed.

 

“EXO FIGHTING!” the members shouted, and they proceeded to the stage.

 

After three hours of performing at the stage, the Showcase finally came to an end. All the members proceeded to their room backstage, and from there they can’t hold back their tears. Tears were falling from the members eyes, tears of joy to be exact. All their hardships paid off as they performed in front of 10,000 fans who gathered there today just to see them in person.

 

Baekhyun who was crying so hard, can’t stop the tears from flowing even if he wants to stop it from falling, for an unknown reason he just can’t stop crying. He then felt that somebody hugged him, when he looked at the person who hugged him, he found out it was Chanyeol. Chanyeol was hugging him so tight and the urge to hug him back was too strong for him not to give in. At the end he hugged him back, feeling his warmth and inhaling his scent. It felt good, having someone hugging him at that time and sharing that special moment with him.

 

At that moment Baekhyun and Chanyeol realized that not only one dream had came true that day, two exactly. Receiving and feeling the warmth of someone special is the other dream that came true.