Chapter 52

Friendly Marriage

 

Retyped at 10:28PM
---

Third person's POV

(After 15 years)

 

In a classroom in a middle school, there was a fight. A big one. The guys were beating each other into pulps as a girl stood a few tables away from them, hands on as she watched, eyes wide opened.

"Oppa!" She shouted in shock when she saw a guy in an un-ironed uniform, getting up from the ground, raising a chair in the air, ready to whack the taller guy in a different uniform from the back. The taller guy turned back, hearing her calls and immediately right on his head, the other guy lowered the 'weapon' in his hands. "Oh my god...!" She gasped, seeing him stumbled and fell to the ground. The other guys in the same uniform surrounded him as he got on his feet again, still glaring at the guy who attacked him just now. Without hestitating, he swung, which sent him to the ground, his lips bleeding more. Turning back, he settled the rest with his fist, putting them to half-consciousness. He rolled his eyes at the guys lying on the ground, curling themselves in pain. He then walked to the girl who was watching all along and pulled her out of the classroom, out of the gossiping crowd.

Pushing her into the car first, he got in. He then stared at the driver through the reverse mirror, as if to order him to start the engine. The driver immediately got his message, the engine and drove off.

"Oppa, are you okay?" The female asked, her fingers reaching for his bleeding lips. He slightly pushed her hand off.

"I'm okay." He then looked at her sideways. "How many times must I tell you not to go near those people? Do you expect me to fly to you everytime you called me? You would not be this lucky the next time!" He raised his voice, causing the female and the driver infront to jump a little.

"It's not me!" She defended. "What can I do if they come and mess with me?"

"That's why I told you to stay with the crowd!"

"How would I know they would appear at that time?" She shot back.

"The next time, I'm not going to care." He said. "The first time I entered your school and I fought. Look at what you did to my image!"

"Why are you blaming me? It's not like I wanted this. And I never expect you to settle this with violence."

"You said that. Don't call me for help the next time." She pouted at this sentence, kicked her legs in frustration, folded her arms infront of her chest and turned away. The guy rolled his eyes at her childness then looked away.

"Did they hurt you?" He asked after a long pause. She turned to him, shaking her head. "They didn't touch you, did they?" She shook her head lightly again, looking at him. "Those bastards... Just whack them when they come near you. You still have the time to call for help?" He got irritated again. He was just trying to hide his worries... The girl looked down.

"But," Her head shot up as she started. "What are you going to do with these?" She reached for his brusied cheek, touching it gently, looking. He winced a little. "Appa is going to give you another scolding..."

"What did I do wrong protecting you? He should be greatful." He said, looking away. Knowing his father, he would surely get scolded for all the reasons again.

"I will tell him that you are just protecting me." She said.

"Just keep quiet and return to your room once you reached home. Get it?" He knows, that no matter what she do, he will still get scolded. She helped talked to his father many times but his father just wouldn't listen and continue to rant at him. To him, he already got used to his scoldings.

"But-" The car stopped and this cut the girl off.

"Get back to your room." He simply ordered and got out, ringing the doorbell at the gate. The girl followed behind him, knowing his stubborn character, there was no way she could talk through him. They entered the main door and slightly jumped when they saw a middle-aged men seated on the sofa, reading the scripts in his hands with two children beside him, books on the table infront of them, but they had started to play with each other. They stopped in their tracks. Why is he back home so early? It was not even 6PM.

"Back?" The man asked, eyes still fixed on the paper infront of him.

"Y-yeah..." The guy said and began walking upstairs.

"Appa, you're early today." The female commented casually and followed behind the guy. The older man then looked up, sensing something weird about the two. Immediately, his eyes narrowed. Although the guy's head was slightly bowed, he could still see the injuries on his face.

"The two of you," He guessed what could have happened and said, putting down the papers. The two of them stopped. "Come here." He then leaned back on the sofa, sighing, sick that he had to lecture again. The guy rolled his eyes and went infront of him with no fear while the girl just followed. "What is it?"

"Nothing. Just normal stuff." The guy answered nonchantly, giving a 'yeah-yeah-whatever' look.

"Normal?" His anger started to build hearing that word. "Who did you sent to the hospital this time?"

"Nah, there's no need to go to the hospital this time." The young man played along, agitating the older man more. The older man coughed a laughter, sighing as he got ready to scream.

"What?" His eyes narrowed instantly. "You're trying to play around with me, aren't you? Aren't you going to tell me the reason?!" He finally couldn't take it and raised his voice.

"They offended me." This was his reason.

"What?" The older man stood up. "Are you that great? Whacking people because they offended you?"

"Appa." The girl stepped out and stopped him, seeing that her father was getting really mad. "Oppa is just trying to protect me. Don't scold him."

"Always protecting your sister using violence. Can't you be more matured and use your brains instead of your fists?" He shot back.

"If you were in the situation, you too, wouldn't use smarts."

"Oppa!" The girl who was playing with the younger boy earlier suddenly spoke up, couldn't stand her brother's rudeness anymore. "Aren't you too much? Don't talk to appa this way." The door bell rang again, the maid ran to unlock the door, but none of them noticed.

"Shut up and do your crap." He simply told off his sister, glaring.

"Yah!" Their father raised his voice again. "Stop it." His deadly stares piecing into the younger guy. "One more word from you, you are really getting it from me."

"Why are you always like this?" The girl standing spoke again. "I told you oppa was just trying to help me...!"

"Seung Yeong ah, stop siding him. You're not helping him this way."

"Appa is always like this. Can't you just calm down and listen to us once?" The girl was so frustrated.

"You this-" Their father was cut. The main door flung opened.

"What's again?" A women was seen, eyes narrowed, her face carried irritations. She walked in, her bag hung on her shoulder. "What is it again?"

"Yoo Bin ah, just... Just help me with these kids. They just couldn't understand." The man don't know what to do with them, passing the 'lecturing-job' to the woman.

"What happened?" She turned to the younger guy and her eyes widened. "Seung Yoo ah, what's wrong with your face?" She immediately reached for his cheek.

"Can't appa do the same thing as omma? You only know how to raise your voice. It is you that couldn't understand." Seung Yeong stared at her father one last time before stomping off.

"Yah...!" He called, feeling absurd, watching Seung Yeong's back as she went upstairs.

"Go to your room." Yoo Bin said to Seung Yoo, pushing his shoulder a little. Seung Yoo rolled his eyes then walked upstairs.

 

Seung Hyun's POV

I can't believe Yoo Bin just let those kids off like this. She just wasn't there to withness. She would also boil when the kids speak to her like that. I was dragged upstairs by her hugging my arm.

"Why are you so angry? They are just so young." She said as she placed her bag on the bed.

"I was married and already doing big things when I was at his age." I stated, can't believe that she gave such lame excuses. "And he's reaching 18. Shouldn't he be a little more matured?"

"Ah...! Stop!" She covered her ears. "When did you became this nagging?" Her eyes narrowed, looking at me.

"Yah, don't tell me that even you are at their side?" I asked in disbelief, eyes narrowing. I was here trying to teach our children and she was there supporting them?

"I wouldn't tell you if you don't want to know..." She walked away.

"You are still in a mood to fool around?" I asked, watching her back. She doesn't seem to know the stress I was facing with those kids.

"I'm not." She turned back. "Your method of teaching is wrong, that's why they refuse to listen. Can't you understand what Seung Yeong said when we were downstairs?" Yoo Bin came to me. "You just ranted at them, didn't you?" Okay, I was feeling embarassed already. By what Seung Yeong said just now and now it was Yoo Bin.

"I did asked." I defended. "But Seung Yoo's attitude is really asking for a scolding."

"Seung Yoo may be rude, but it's our job to educate." I looked away. She got me here. "Let's give them more time."

Yoo Bin's POV

"Where are you going?" I turned back when Seung Hyun asked.

"To settle the things you started." I replied, smiling. He looked at me, narrowing his eyes. "To the kids." I smiled again and left. Since they got a scolding, the next thing we have to do is to talk through them after they calmed down. Seung Hyun would do the scolding, I would settle the rest. He will be the bad guy, I will be the good one. Haha! I stopped outside a door with a sign on it. 'Enormous Headache'. I chuckled softly. Everytime I see these signs, I would laugh. I knocked on it lightly.

"Come in." I turned the door knob and poked my head in, seeing Seung Yeong applying medicine for Seung Yoo.

"Am I disturbing?" I asked.

"No. Come on in." Seung Yoo said as he pulled a chair beside him. I smiled as I looked at the two of them. What strong siblings bond they have...

"How is your wound?" I asked, watching his face.

"Like what you see. I bet this is going to stay for more than a week. Thanks to someone..." He then eyed Seung Yeong which she quickly noticed.

"What?" She inched back, eyeing him.

"One more time, you are really getting it."

"Aish! Stop nagging!" She got irritated. "How many times do you want to repeat that?" She then poked the crack on his lips with the cotton bud and he hissed.

"Yah!" He reached for the crack and touched it gently.

"Who did you take after? So naggy..." She rolled her eyes and dipped the cotton into the bottle of liquid.

"Appa." I cut in, controlling my laughter. The two of them really...

"I did not take after appa." Seung Yoo objected, eyes widened.

"You did." Seung Yeong said.

"You did." I agreed. Seung Yeong then hi-fived to me which I accepted and the both of us started giggling.

"Oppa, you are the second appa..." Seung Yeong teased. Seung Yoo just rolled his eyes and ignored. After they were done, Seung Yeong put away the first aid kit.

"Come sit." I called her and started a 'conference' with them. "Do you all know why appa was angry earlier?"

"I knew." Seung Yoo said and when I looked at Seung Yeong, she nodded.

"Appa," I started "May be a little harsh, but his intentions are obvious, right?"

"We knew, but he is always talking to us like we were prisoners or something. He doesn't like us to talk to him like that, but we also don't like him to question us that way." Seung Yeong said. I smiled.

"Shall I share a secret with you all?" I asked and they looked at me, waiting for me to continue. "Appa, also fight when he was younger." Their eyes widened, taken aback. "You all thought he never fights right?"

"We are totally fooled by him!" Seung Yoo exclaimed. "He's always lecturing me as if he never fights!"

"He's a liar. Liar." Seung Yeong commented.

"That's right. He is just bull-ting, because he's a liar." I said, controlling myself from laughing as I continued to badmouth about Seung Hyun.

"What is this? We are deceived by him!" Seung Yoo exclaimed again.

"But omma," I turned to Seung Yeong. "What caused appa to fight?"

"Me of course." I replied proudly with a 'duh' face.

"WHAT?!" The two of them practically screamed which I jumped a little.

"Why? Appa can't do that for me?" I said, laughing. The two of them just looked at each other, eyes and mouth wide opened.

"Then how can appa sounds as if he isn't those people who uses fist when he scolds?" Seung Yeong asked in disbelief.

"I really thought I'm the only one who got into trouble and I was feeling ashamed about it." Seung Yoo said.

"See. I know you understand and did reflect. You just want to agitate appa right?" I eyed him.

"No... It's just... Aish! It's just ridiculous! Just how many years were we cheated my him?" He felt so absurd which I just chuckled.

"What I'm trying to say is, this is how appa is. You can't expect a man to show affection to others right?" I asked. I turned to Seung Yoo. "I don't think you would do that to your child and ask what happened to his face."

"I would!" Seung Yoo objected.

"Let's see, son."

"Judging by oppa's temper, he wouldn't be any better than appa." Seung Yeong said as she looked away.

"Yah, at least I wouldn't be as bad as appa."

"Let's see!" Seung Yeong again, rolled her eyes.

"Why are you always rolling your eyes?" Omo, the way he speaks really sounded like Seung Hyun. Tsk tsk tsk... Would Seung Yoo really be like Seung Hyun when he grows up?

"Whatever!" She stuck out her tongue then looked away. "But," Seung Yeong turned to me. "Appa always show affections to you. I mean, openly in public."

"That's different." I told them, flashing that proud look again. The two of them rolled their eyes and looked away. I chuckled and stood up. "Okay, off to comfort the old one." I said, referring to Seung Hyun. Seung Yoo gave me a disgusted look.

"Comfort him? It sounded so disgusting."

"He's a liar!" Seung Yeong reminded. "Don't care about him. Appa should learn his lesson too. How can he be so thick-skinned?!"

"I got it..." I said in between my laughters and went next door.

-

Seung Hyun's POV

I was at the desk, getting back to work even though I was still a little upset with Seung Yoo. I mean, he had got into fights 3 times this month! Would I not be angry? The door then swung opened. I glanced and saw Yoo Bin smiling as she came in.

"Something good happened?" I asked, still typing on the keyboard.

"Those two kids are cute..." She said as she smiled to herself.

"Cute?" I asked, curious about what really happened.

"Just some private chats with them." She said, going to her bag and dug out a stack of papers.

"Private?" This time, my eyes were fully fixed on her. I can sense that she said something about me. Surely... She always gang up with them and bully me. This time surely won't be an exception. "You badmouthed about me again, didn't you?"

"Stop accusing! This is why the kids are rebelling!" She shot back, defending.

"Yah, I knew you. You favor the both of them a lot. Yoo Bin ah," I stood up, going to her. "Stop siding them. They are getting worse..."

"You are favoring Seung Min and Seung Jun too. You can't blame Seung Yoo and Seung Yeong for not listening to you..."

"What makes me more upset is that, you don't seem to understand me." I retorted. God, helping those kids again... Even though I favored the two younger ones, I don't favor them like she did to the elder two...

"Yah, when did I not understand you, Seung Hyun ah?" She rolled her eyes.

"So just help educate them. Look at how rebelious the both of them are...!"

"The both of them are grown-ups already... How can you use the methods you used to educate Seung Min and Seung Jun on them? It wouldn't work..."

"Okay, then could you just teach them? I'm always the one scolding, because you don't even raise your voice at them. And I can't let them be..." I was so helpless with the both of them that I started to show my temper. Not as in shouting at Yoo Bin, just showing my frustrations.

"I talked through them already. They know..." She said, patting my arm.

"I'm really not going to care anymore... It's so tiring for me..." I said and walked back to the chair.

"You always said that, but in the end, you would still end up screaming your head off." She eyed me.

"You are even talking the same way they talked to me now!" I exclaimed, looking at her in disbelief and shock. This was exactly what Seung Yoo and Seung Yeong would talk back at me! And I mean it. Not a word different in the sentence!

"Okay okay... Why are you like this?" She narrowed her eyes at me. Pulling a chair, she sat opposite me, sharing the desk. I ignored her. My frustrations would just build up. She's really protecting the two! "Why are you so quiet out of a sudden?" My eyes were kept on the screen, totally ignoring her. "Yah..." She reached for my hand and shook it, but I just pushed her hand away, eyes not leaving the desktop for a second. I saw her pouting at me from the side of my eyes and controlled smiling. The next thing I knew was that she kicked me hard on my leg underneath the table. "Why are you ignoring me?!" She glared.

"Ouch! Why did you kicked me?!" I asked back, grabbing my leg, squeezing it to stop the pain. God, where she got all the energy from?

"You are ignoring me when I'm just a table away from you!" She shot back, staring hard at me.

"Why? You wanted my attention so much?" I asked back, lips slightly curved up.

"W-what?" Then she made a disgusted face. "Hell no! You are the one jealous with the kids! Don't think I don't know what you are thinking." Once again, she hit hard on my weakness. Jealousy... Did I made it obvious? Why did she knows me so well?

"Stop it, Yoo Bin. Do you think I would even be in the mood to be jealous? It's about the kids, not the jealousy in me." I managed to lie my way through. No way I'm admitting it.

"Whatever!" She then held the paper up to her face, so we can't see each other.

"Yah..." I reached for the paper, pushing it down slightly but she held it up again, causing me to smile at myself. "You are so petty..." I pulled back my hand and continued with my work, leaving her alone. Stealing glances at her, the urge for me to came again. So, stretching one of my legs, I reached for one of her insteps, running my toe against it. I acted normal and continued to type, and I saw her slowly lowering the paper which was preventing us to see each other. I nearly burst of laughing. Her face was epic! I felt her kicking my leg off but I refused to. I bit my inner cheek to stop myself from smiling.

"What are you doing?" She whisperingly asked, as if someone was here to listen.

"What?" I turned to her, looking as if nothing happened, my toes running up to her leg.

"Yah..." She stared at me in shock, pulling her leg back but my legs were long enough to reach her's. I continued to brush the tip of my toes all the way up to her thigh, her inner thigh when suddenly...

"Ouch! Damn it!" I cursed as I winced in pain, bending down as I pressed my hands on my inner thigh. She just sent another hard kick there! Nearly kick my private part! Just imagine the sting! Aish! Do you know how pain is it to be kick there? The inner thighs are sensative parts!

"Choi Seung Hyun! What are you doing?!" She stood up, glaring at me as she shouted.

"You are ignoring me!" I screamed back as I looked up at her, still wincing in pain. "I was just fooling around and how can you kick me there?!" I stared at her in disbelief.

"How can you do that to me?! You are such a ert!" She yelled and threw a pen at me. It hit my chest and fell to the ground.

"! How are you going to pay when my down there is injured?!"

"You are still cursing?" She glared at me as she came beside me, slapping my shoulder. "You still have the cheek to curse? At me?!" She hit on my head hard. God, was I getting lectured by my mother or what? How can she not regard me as her husband?

"Yah! It hurts!" I continued to yell.

"Appa!" The two of us turned our heads to the door, seeing Seung Yoo pissed off look. "Can the two of you just lower your volume? I'm next door and the two of you are screaming like only you all stay here."

"I'm sorry." My eyes widened when Yoo Bin apologised. What was the need to even apologised when he doesn't even ask properly?!

"Don't you all feel ashamed talking dirty? Even I'm embarassed!"

"Yah!" I stared at him hard, but before I could say more, he slammed the door closed. This was so absurd! Who the hell did he take after?! Another slap on my shoulder pulled me back to reality and saw Yoo Bin's glares.

"You are getting it if you do that one more time." She warned and grabbed the papers from the table, existing the room.
---
Okay. I have been looking for inspirations these few days and decided to settle with this in the end. Hope it's fine. I really at endings so I took a little more time even though this isn't the best. Thanks for reading and hope you all enjoyed it. ^^

P.S. This is not the last chapter... And, a belated Happy New Year! :D *Fireworks exploding* Stay healthy and be happy! :DD

 

To Fish, Hi. Strip show?! Huh?! How am I going to write that without blushing? Hope this is okay for you. I got some inspirations from your suggestions though. I thought about it a little bit more and it became this... Thanks for supporting my stories! ^^

 

Schedulex2(C)

Started- 9:54PM, 020111
Retyped- Retyped at 10:28PM
Stopped at '-', 12:42PM, 030111

Continued at 8:31PM or so? (Forget to record), 030111
Ended- 9:56PM, 030111

Posted- 9:17PM, 040111