Chapter 50

Friendly Marriage
Time- 8:18PM
---

Seung Hyun's POV

I pushed the doors opened and looked ahead. What came to view was familiar; a Jesus Christ. It had became my habit, to come to this church everyday before and after work. I walked along the aisle. The ceiling so high, the walls so white. How I wished my heart was light... Stopping infront of the steps, I went on my knees, intertwined my fingers together and closed my eyes. I prayed, for the best for Yoo Bin. She wouldn't listen to me and the last thing I could do was just pray, to believe in God. Everyday, I wake up and leave the office earlier to pray, just hoping for God to hear my prayer once. Sincerely, I finished praying and slowly opened my eyes. I breathed in deep, fighting the unknown feeling in me. I looked at the Jesus Christ, trying to sense whether he heard the prayer I just sent. I got back on my feet, bowed and went to the door.

"Appa!" I smiled down to Seung Yoo when he called me as soon as I entered the living room.

"How is Seung Yoo today?" I asked, lifting him from the ground. "Did you behave?" He was busy fiddling with the little toy carrot that he ignored me. Accidentally, he dropped it and then looked at me, as if to expect me to get it for him. I put him on the ground and got the toy for him. "Have fun. I will be upstairs." I smiled and patted his head before going up the stairs. My eyes went to Yoo Bin's room the moment I got on the second floor.

"Yoo Bin?" I called from outside, lightly knocking on the door. I turned the door knob when I got no answer. The room was empty but her schoolbag was lying on the couch. I closed the door and went looking for her. Opening every door along the hallway, she was not in any of the rooms. I continued to walk, all the way to the balcony at the far end and there she was. Her back facing me, looking stright infront of her. I queitly went behind her, my arms held on the handle of the fencing and leaned in, trapping her.

"Hey..." I whispered, which made her jumped and sprung to face me. Her eyes wide opened, mouth opened too, staring at me. Our face so close, but she doesn't seem to notice that. "Continue staring and you can see holes on my face soon. My handsome face..." I said.

"Huh?" She slightly got back to reality as she pushed me a little on my chest, trying to distance us. I took a tiny step back which made no difference.

"I said you are pirecing holes all over my handsome face with your stares." I repeated. I myself felt shameless saying that. When did I get so thick-skinned?

"What?" She narrowed her eyes, lips already curved up. "What the hell?"

"What the hell?" It was my turn to narrow my eyes. "What do you mean by that huh?" I asked, eyeing.

"Your hand... Some face?" Then she covered , her head hit my chest as she bent over to laugh. God, I know I was not that handsome but must she sounds as if I was not even good looking? Just listen to her laughters and they really make you 'boil'.

"Yah. Don't laugh. You're hurting the baby." I gave a lame excuse, trying to stop her. I was starting to get embarassed already, by what I said myself. When did my self-eestem decreased?

"Sorry..." She calmed down, removing her hands. "But you too, gave a fright to the baby." She said, pulling my arm away to step away.

"Is it?" I bent down to her tummy and patted it. "He said no." I stated innocently, looking up at her. I saw her rolled her eyes. I smiled and rested both my arms on her shoulders. "Did I scare the baby or you?"

"Both. Get away. It's heavy." She got irritated, roughly pushing my arms away and slapped my chest. Okay, nevermind. Pregnant lady's temper... She went to the chair and sat down.

"Can I sit?" I asked, standing infront of her, hinting that I wanted that seat.

"Sure." She motioned to the other chair at the other side of the round wooden table.

"I mean, this one." I pointed to the chair she was sitting.

"Sit there, on the ground, or get back in." She said. I felt like I was a servant of her's.

"Wow..." I said in awe. She was indeed a missy. "But Mrs. Choi, that is my seat." I stated poiltely.

"It's Miss. Kim, Mr. Choi." She continued to put on a superior image, her arms crossed infront of her chest. I coughed a laugh.

"It wouldn't be that funny if you said you are Madam. Kim, but did you just said you are Miss. Kim infront of me?" I asked, feeling ridiculous.

"Is that anything a matter, Mr. Choi?" She crossed her legs and gave me a pissed off look.

"Yes, Madam. Kim. It's my seat you are sitting." I continued to annoy her. "Would you please let me have the seat and sit there instead?" I asked, pointing to the other chair. She looked away.

"No." I suppressed my laughter and just pulled her up by the arm.

"Yah..." She was dumbfolded when I pulled her out of the chair and placed my comfortably on it. "Choi Seung Hyun."

"You're pissed?" I asked the obvious. She always calls my full name when she was really irritated. I smiled to myself, seeing her pouted. She didn't realised she was pouting, I guess.

"Duh...!" I finally laughed, could not hold in any longer. "What are you laughing at?"

"Aigoo..." Reaching for her wrist, I pulled her to me, sitting on my lap. "Happy now?" I pinched her nose, which she shook it off. "You're heavier..." I noticed her weight and felt happy about it. "Looks like our baby is starting to eat." I caressed her stomach.

"Right? I gained 2 kgs. I hope it's not the tumor growing..." She looked down, hands over mine.

"No, it's not. What are you talking about?" I pulled my hand away. "Don't think about those useless things." I suddenly got a little mad. Why would she let those things bother her?

"I know. It's just that that thought came across." She defended.

"Then forget about it. Why are you poundering over it?"

"Okay okay." She looked down. "Sorry..." She said softly.

"Yoo Bin?" I called, her hair. She looked up. "Are you okay?" I asked, knowing she was starting to get sad. She nodded. Patting the back of her head, I pulled her to me. "You have to be strong okay?" I said quietly. I felt her nodded. "So what are you doing here?" I asked, trying to change the topic, change the mood.

"Just thinking about random stuff." She pulled away as she said.

"Like what?"

"Recently, I have been thinking about this. What would it be if I weren't married. Maybe I have another boyfriend and got betrayed again. Maybe Kim's. Co and Choi's Fashion would still be competing and the both of us would always crack our heads to overtake each other." She looked up at me and smiled. "Or maybe, I would remain as a spoilt princess who give up in life."
-
"But if you think at another angle, wouldn't it be good to remain as your usual self?" I asked. She had became so much matured after she was married to me. "I thought I would have headaches for a lifetime..." She eyed me.

"Psh... But honestly," She turned to me. "What made you married me?"

"You want to know?" I asked. "Better not. You will get mad after that..." I smiled to her then looked away.

"Why? Tell me..."

"You won't eat me up right?" I joked. She rolled her eyes.

"Would you stay still to let me devour you?" She asked with a tinge of sarcasm.

Flashback

I was called to Dad's room. Once I arrived, I was offered a seat. I knew exactly what he wanted to say. It had been the same topic for the past 2 months.

"So, have you decided?" Dad started. He was seated at the other side of the glass table infront of me.

"I had made myself very clear the previous time. And I'm not changing my decision." I stated, looking away.

"Son, have you not heard what I said the last time?"

"I just can't accept that." I said. The thought of the absurd idea really irritated me.

"That's your fate. Face it. This is how your life is supposed to be."

"You are the one who are forcing and you are now saying it is fate?" I asked in disbelief. "You know that I'm with Young Rin and you want me to abandon her to marry other girls? And when I'm only 18?" My volume increased as Dad got more ridiculous.

"This is how our lives are. Whether you like it or not, it's not going to change." He said sternly. God, is he crazy?

"I'm not going to give in. I can do anything but not marrying Yoo Bin. No way I'm doing it." I gave up in talking sense to Dad and stood up, taking my leave.

"Sit down." He said in a firm and loud voice. I stopped in my tracks and slowly turned my head to see him. "You know how I believe in fate and destiny right?" I just stared at him. "Alright, if you and Young Rin are meant to be, I would drop the idea." I then turned completely to face him.

"Like how?" I asked.

"Sit." He offered again and I obeyed. "If fate says you aren't the type to inherit my business, I would let you go. You can go ahead with whatever life you want. But, if fate thinks the same way as I do, you, will have to listen to me."

"Okay." I agreed. I don't believe that Young Rin and I would end up as nothing like how he used to say. I want to bet this, just to prove to him. I watched as he reached for a pen and a piece of paper and began to write something. I leaned forward slightly to see that he wrote Young Rin's and Yoo Bin's name each on opposite sides and teared the paper into half, seperating both names, then crushed them into similar paper balls and mixed them around.

"Fate is in you hands, son. Pick one. You would have to go with the one you picked." My eyes widened.

"This is so childish, Dad!" Oh my god! When did my Dad became this childish? He still fancies these kind of games? Gosh...!

"If this allows you to understand what you are supposed to be, to get to understand what position you should be in, I don't care how childish it is." He shot back. "Pick." My eyes fell to the two paper balls on the glass table. This stupid game that I used to play when I was young would have a huge change in my life. Me too, had this day? I was praying so hard deep down in my heart, staring at the two crumpled balls as if I could see through them. How I wish I could... I have to get Young Rin. I'm dead if I picked Yoo Bin's name...! Why am I playing along with Dad anyway, you all may ask. Because just like my Dad, I believe in fate. Maybe not as much as he is, I do believe in certain sense. A part of me really wanted to prove that I was meant to be with Young Rin, but a bigger part of me was so afraid that I might pick Yoo Bin. I had never been this nervous. After a few minutes of staring, trying to recall which side Young Rin's name was before Dad mixed them up, I finally decided. I reached for the one at the left side and held it, closed my eyes, as if to sense if it was the right one. I took a deep breath before passing it to Dad. My eyes kept closed, hearing the paper rubbing against each other as Dad unwrapped it. I can't bear to look. I peeked a little and saw that Dad was nervous as well, slowly pulling the sides apart. I shut my eyes tight when the paper ball finally became a piece of crumpled paper. I was taking in deep breaths.

"Seung Hyun ah." He called. I can't make out whether he was happy or disappointed with the results with his 'poker-voice'. I slowly opened my eyes and looked at him. He placed the paper on the table, his palm covering the name as he slided the paper infront of me. I was still praying, even though everthing was confirmed and can make no changes. He slowly removed his palm and I immediately gasped silently. What the hell?! "You chose it yourself." I looked away, feeling so unfair. How could this be happening?!

End of flashback.

Yoo Bin was laughing like hell when I told her the whole incident.

"What?! You mean Father-In-Law actually did that?" She covered her face, laughing her heart out. "What were you? A five year old kid? My goodness..."

"That's the lamest thing I came across in my life. Absurd, ridiculous, childish, lame!" I exclaimed, still feeling unbelievable that Dad actually did that. "You wouldn't know how shocked I was when I realised what he was doing."

"I understand..." She said in between her laughs. "But you are more lame to actually entertain him..."

"I just want to prove. Who knows I would pick you..." I said quietly. She then shot me a look.

"Yah. What do you mean by that?" She lightly punched my stomach.

"I told you you would get angry... If I knew I would get a beating from you, I wouldn't say..." I rubbed my tummy.

"I punched, I didn't beat..." She stated, matter-of-a-fact.

"What?" My eyes narrowed. "God, just tell me why I chose you? Aish...!" I roughly scratched my head, as I started to again.

"Yah...! Are you saying you are regretting now?" She asked, eyes widened.

"You said it, not me..." I shook my hand and looked away, laughing in my head.

"Choi Seung Hyun!" She raised her voice when I was like already so near to her. She stood up and faced me.

"Uh-oh..." I whispered as I quickly got on my feet, pushing the chair aside so I can escape. I slowly stepped back, retreating to the entrance of the balcony. She was glaring at me, coming my way. When one of my feet hit the side of the sliding door, I quickly turned back and lunged, running for my life. She gave chase. My room was right at the other end so I just ran to the nearest room. But little did I know that Yoo Bin had improved in her running. Before I could reach for the doorknob, she forcfully pulled my coat from the back and I stumbled back. I accidentally stepped on something and I realised it was her toe and that she was just behind me. I quickly grabbed her arm that was gripping mine and twirled her around, now infront of me and the next thing I knew, the both of us fell to the ground, with her on top of me. I panted, my eyes closed feeling tired and relieved that she was on top of me instead of me on top of her.

"Seung Hyun ah!" She quickly got up and shook me. I could hear her pants and when I gave her no response, she shook me harder and began slapping lightly on my cheeks. "Yah!"

"What is it now..." I pretended to be annoyed by her loud voice, like nothing had happened. My eyes half opened, seeing her kneeing next to me. She let out a breath and I saw her relaxed. Then her eyes showed irritation. Her rested on her legs and slapped my chest. "What did I do?" I cried, sitting up. Her eyes narrowed, no words came from her. "What?" I asked again, as she kept on staring at me.

"How can you scare me like that?" She suddenly raised her voice and I jumped, eyes widened instantly. I held my chest.

"Why are you shouting? I'm only here..." She got up from the ground and started stomping off. Hot-tempered... I slightly shook my head as I quickly got on my feet. Time to coax my princess...! I 'cheered' in my mind. I took wide steps towards her.

"Baby..." I reached for her and wrapped my arms around her waist. She stopped.

"Calling the baby for?" She acted blur.

"Tsk tsk... You knew I'm calling you..." I pulled her nearer to me, burying my face into her hair.

"Let go!" She wriggled, her hands went to my hand around her waist, pulling it off.

"Shh... You're scaring the baby..." I whispered. My other hand around her chest went to stop her hands. "You're so petty..." I mumbled. Even though my initial intention was to coax her, but still, I can't help but to .

"What did you just said?" She abruptly freed herself from my hold and instantly turned to me. "Would you like to say that again?" She tilted her head and asked dangerously.

"I don't repeat myself..." I looked away, avoiding her stares. She sent a kick to my leg which just hurt a little but I pretended it hurts a lot.

"Ouch!" I winced in pain, leaning on the wall. "Yah! Must you use so much strength?" She turned back, thinking that I was just forging but when she saw my excellent acting, with me hugging my leg as I slided down to the floor, she started to get tricked again.

"Are you okay?" She came to me, reaching for my 'injured' leg. She rolled up my trousers, touched the area where she just kicked and looked at it intently. There she goes being caring and that made my heart fluttered. I held her cheek and she looked up, looking at me wonderingly.

"It hurts more here." I pointed to my lower inner thigh. She quickly changed her position and settled herself between my legs so she could see clearly. God, I just got her to do what I wanted so easily... Haha... I bent my leg so she doesn't need to bent forward, and when I did that, I moved myself nearer to her and leaned forward. She didn't notice until my arms were back around her waist. She looked up at me, eyes slightly widened.

"What are you doing?" I did not reply but just rested my head on her shoulder, hugging her tighter. Kissing her neck, she stiffed a little. Her eyes wandered around, hands still on my thigh. "I will go get the ointment." She said and began to get up. I held her in place.

"It doesn't hurt anymore." I said softly, caressing her cheek. I smiled, seeing her cute expression. She looked like a high schooler who was about to get her first kiss with her crush. I positioned her back to lean on my bent leg. I held her neck and bent towards her. Her eyes slowly shut and when I felt her soft lips on mine, I pushed myself nearer to her, making her head bent back. Supporting her with my leg and my arm, I sunked into a deeper kiss. She held my forearm of the hand that was cupping her face for support. Her other hand held my waist. I was out of breath but I don't want to stop. I was just so addicted... Instead, I intensified the kiss even more. She tilted her head to catch up. She seemed to not realise that she too, needs oxygen.
--
Then... Ring ring ring...!

"Aish!" I cursed softly in . I wanted to ignore that freaking stupid caller who chose to call at this time but the both of us were a little startled by it that we jumped. Yoo Bin pulled away, motioned for me to pick up the phone. I relunctly fished the phone out from the pocket at the back of my trousers. "Hold on..." I said to her and she got on her feet.

"Hello?" Me too, got up and stood beside Yoo Bin.

"Good Evening, Mr. Choi. This is Choon An Hospital calling. We would like to remind you that Mrs. Choi has an appointment tomorrow."

"Oh, okay. Thanks for the reminder."

"You're welcome." With that, I hanged up the phone. I nearly forgotten about it. I turned to Yoo Bin. I smiled when she met my eyes.

"There's a scanning tomorrow. I will pick you up from school okay?"

"Scan- scanning?" She stuttered. Her voice hestitant.

"Hm. To check. To confirm." It took her a few second to nod. I reached for her shoulders and looked stright into her eyes. "Everything would be fine." I assured.

"Hm." She nodded. Her voice sounded choked and her eyes got watery.

"Hey..." I caressed her cheeks. "Shh..." I cooed her. She slowly came nearer to me, resting her head on my chest. Sobbing, her body shook as she hugged me tighter. Rather than hugging, she was squeezing me. Her breathings became heavier. I pulled her away. "Shh... I'm here... I will protect you." More tears poured out and she threw herself to me. Hugging her tight, I felt my eyes got damped. Just how afraid she was feeling... God, for the past two months, have you heard my prayer once? If you do, please help us...
---
Hello. I'm back. Sorry for the delay. I promise to update earlier but I only updated now... Sorry. Anyway, thanks for reading and hope you all enjoyed it. ^^

P.S. I had uploaded some pictures from my trip on Facebook. I would like to share with all of you. Feel free to have a look. :D http://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.php?id=1201906542

To devilsbabe96, Hi. Aigoo... I'm not as great as you said. I believe there are many other awesome authors out there. You are as great too! Thanks for supporting! ^^

To lanza1521, Hi. Im back. I had fun on my vacation. Thank you. Sorry for the delay though. I would be lying if I said Seung Hyun has zero feelings for Yoo Bin. They had been friends for like so long and I guess if a friend like this, is going the wrong way, I would do something to stop him or her. Yes, he absolutely treasures and compromises her. Which guy would play 'hide-and-seek' at an age of 18? Haha! Yes, even my younger cousin bugs me to play with him, I just throw him out and that caused him to cry... Hahaha! Playful Yoo Bin always get tamed by Seung Hyun in a speed of light! XD Thanks for supporting! ^^

Schedulex2(C)

Started- 8:18PM, 201210
Stopped at '-', 10:13PM, 201210

Continued- 8:07PM, 211210
Stopped at '--', 11:06PM, 211210

Continued- 8:09PM, 221210
Ended- 8:33PM, 221210