Chapter 7: My FIRST LOVE and my FIRST HEARTACHE

She's the SHEMAN

Few years ago you used to be a loner,

 


You never had friends back then, you always played by yourself and watched others being happy. But that all stopped once Byunghyun saved me.....

 

[Flashback]

 

Your class was working hard and had always followed the rules and so in return the teacher decided to give your class a reward, she took you and your fellow classmates out to the playground.

 

You were sitting alone on the swing, admiring the whole class playing 'Catch me if you can' without you.

 

A group of male students came up to you and said "Hahaha..... The ugly duckling is playing with by herself again" 

 

You used to have a haircut which was shaped like a bowl and your teeth were not fully grown yet, you still had your bunnyteeth growing.

 

You didn't like to be bullied, you couldn't do anything and there was no one to stand up for you so you said "I'm not ugly so please stop calling me that" but they still kept teasing you, you look at the ground and blocked your ears with your hands and pretended that you couldn’t hearing anything.

 

"Stop bullying her!" a kid yelled at them.

 

The bullies snorted at him "And what, what you gonna do Byunghyun? Call the teacher? You might now want that to happen, just go play there with the others and mind your own business" he cracked his knuckles as his friends all smirked.

 

"As a matter of fact, yes. MRS. CHOI! MRS. CHOI! THEY ARE SOME KIDS BULLYING EUNMI AND THEY ARE THREATENING TO BASH ME!" Byunghyun shouted so loud that it got everyone's attention. *You didn’t think I would really call the teacher* he smirked.

 

Mrs. Choi went fuming red towards the boys "You boys again?! I want you to kneel on the ground and raise your hands up for the rest of the period" the boys were about to complain and refused to her orders but they were interrupted by the teacher "NOW!" she ordered.

 

As soon as they kneeled down on the ground and started receiving their punishment, the whole class laughed at them.

 

Byunghyun stopped in front of you, you slowly lifted your head and looked at him confused but at the same time you still felt scared. 

 

'It's alright Eunmi-ah, I'm not going to hurt you" he assured you.

 

You didn't know what to do and you felt kind of awkward since it has been a long time someone has called you by your name besides your bestfriend Taemin.

 

He offered you his hand signalling you to take it "Come let's play 'Catch me if you can' with the others" he smiled brightly at you. You hesitated for awhile but in the end you slowly reached for his hand "Come on we don't have much time" he took your hand and dragged you to his friends, which took you by surprise.

 

You acted really shy around them but on the inside you were as happy as a monkey. As they were explaining how the game works, you were quietly stealing glances over at Byunghyun. On that day, you started hanging around them more often.

 

As time passed by, you started to grow feelings for Byunghyun, you always had this butterfly feeling in your tummy every time you see him. No one knew about your feelings for him, you were too scared that once they knew, they would laugh at you.

 

Then one day, they invited you to come with them to go to Lotte World to celebrate your friend's birthday. You were finally able to build up confidence and decided to confess to him, you even made chocolates from scratch.

 

In Lotte world entrance, you surprised them by wearing a pretty dress and a cute headband. You wanted to be pretty just for this day.

 

Their eyes were wide open "Whoa! Eunmi, I never thought you're the type of girl to wear a dress" you smiled and showed your not-fully-grown-teeth-yet as you twirl around.

 

You guys were sitting on a bench trying to figure out which rides you guys would ride next but you notice that Byunghyun was missing so you decided to look for him and take this chance to confess. You got your chocolate and everything ready, you just needed to look for him.

 

It took you awhile to find him; he was sitting on a bench near the entrance. You grew nervous and your heart beat faster than ever before as you take a step towards him.

 

He noticed you "Oh, is everyone looking for me? I'm just waiting for someone" he explained.

 

You took a long deep breath and "Byunghyun-ssi I have something to confess".

 

"What is it?" 

 

"I-I like you" you stuttered as you handed him the chocolates, you sighed in relief that you finally said it out loud. There was a long silence and it somehow got you feel scared.

 

"You must be joking right? Because it's not funny, April fool's finished long time ago" he nervously laughed.

 

"No I'm really serious this time" you said with confidence hoping that you wouldn't regret any of this.

 

Now there was a really long silence this time and it is scaring you big time.

 

Byunghyun heavily sighed "Look Eunmi-ah, remember that day when I saved you?" you nodded, "I only saved you that day because I pitied you" he continued, you stood there frozen. "And you are too UGLY to be my girlfriend"

 

You knew where this conversation headed to, you wanted him to stop but you didn't have the voice to say it. You held the chocolate real tight, hopefully to ease pain you were feeling inside.

 

"You are nowhere near my ideal type; your hair looks like a boy, your teeth look funny, you don't have any fashion sense and lastly your personality creeps me out the most" he didn't hesitate to say it out loud and he didn't care if his words hurt you at all. He ruffled his hair in annoyance and took off, he left you all alone by yourself.

 

Your felt your heart break into two, you eyes were getting watery but you manage to hold the tears back.

 

As you were going back, you saw your friends crowding in front of a girl. You came back to the group with a bitter smile on your face pretending nothing happened, you avoided looking at Byunghyun.

 

Your friend smiled "Finally you're back, come we have someone to introduce to you" she motioned you stand in front of the unknown girl "Byunghyun-ah aren't you introduce your GIRLFRIEND?" she added.

 

You body went stiff just by hearing the word 'Girlfriend'.

 

"Baek Hee this is Eunmi, Eunmi this is Baek Hee...... My girlfriend" Byunghyun introduced while everyone giggled and cheered for them.

 

But you on the other hand, were suffering. Your heart officially broke into pieces. *So she was the one who he was waiting for near the entrance*

 

"Hi I'm Baek Hee, nice to meet you" she handed her hand for a handshake.

 

"I-I...." you choked up in your words, and soon could not take it anymore and ran away from them.

 

You ran away crying, you didn't know what you were currently feeling right now; betrayed? Jealous? Lonely?

 

You threw you handmade chocolate to the nearest thrash can.

 

You were thinking how crazy you are for expecting Byunghyun to like you back. Just by looking at his new girlfriend, you will automatically know that she had the looks, acts like a female and her personality is someone you can have fun and easily get along with.


 

You left them dumbfound "Don't worry about her, she must have some important stuff to deal with" Byunghyun assured everyone and went back thinking of what rides they will go on next and totally forgot about you.

 

From that day on, you took an oath that you will change for the better and you will never EVER experience again what heartbrake feels like.

 

[Flashback ends]

 

This switch was created because Eunmi decided to make herself pretty and elegant which is what happens during her ON mode and when she’s in her OFF mode, she becomes her normal self, and that was the birth of ON/OFF mode.

 

Without Byunghyun breaking your heart, the ON/OFF switch mode would not probably exist, and you wouldn't be able to experience to how life can be sweet so at the same time you are thankful that he DID brake your heart in the end.

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PHEW~! That was a long update >.< 

But hey that's good for you guys right?

so tell me guys what do you think of L.Joe so far? 

What do you want me to do to him? make him suffer (EVIL) or make him _____ (Angel)?

Stay tuned for my next update, soon hopefully T^T and btw I also want to welcome our new subscribers =D don't be shy to comment down below