Chapter 27: Beautiful Sunset

She's the SHEMAN

 

The school representatives set up various of games that could help the students interact with each other. The game requires logical, physical and most important of all 'Teamwork'.

We were separated into groups of six.

You, L, L.Joe, Taeyeon, Hyuna and Woori are in the same group.

*WHAT?! Why am I in the same group as them? What if they could recognize me?!* I stood behind L as the girls approach us.

"Oppa!" Taeyeon shouted.

*Oppa?*

You looked up to Taeyeon as he ran towards you. You were going to prepare for the worst until she hugged L.

"How are you oppa?" Taeyeon asked as she pulls away from L.

A tug of jealousy came to your heart. *I didn't know that L had a girlfriend and that lucky girl is Taeyeon*

"I'm okay" L smiled. You wanted to take that smile of him. "What about you L.Joe oppa?" Taeyeon walked to him and linked arm with him. 

"Hehehe... I'm okay thank you" L.Joe awkwardly laughs and motioned L to get her out of him.

*Oh what now? She has two boyfriends?!* You sarcastically said.

You were left alone on the side until L dragged you to his side. "You okay?" he asked and just nodded. 

-----

"You got yourselves a group right?" The announcer enthusiastically asked which followed by a 'yes' from the participants. "Okay the first game begins!" Then everyone started cheering.

All the participants lined up while out PE coach explains the rule "This is how the game works. Two boys will get their legs tied together and they have to give this baton to the last boy who is going to sprint all the way from the finish line"

"L you'll be the last person" L.Joe told him. "Why should I?" L asked. "Because we both know that you're the fastest here and as for me and Jiho. We can only go for long distances" he explained.

It didn't seem to convince L so you stood up and talked to him "Please do it for the sakes of our group" and then he agreed.

And then me and L.Joe got their legs tied up and it was harder than it looks to walk. This game really requires having a physical and teamwork.

"On your marks" Our coach said. 

L.Joe wrapped his hand around your waist as you did the same to him.

Dung. Dung.

*What the?!* L.Joe stared at you blankly. *Did my heart just skip a beat?!*

"Go!" then a gun was fired.

L.Joe snapped back and started running in rhythm with you. "1,2,1,2,1,2" both of you kept repeating the same number to get into the right pace.

L was looking from afar. He was watching you run with L.Joe's arm around you. *But I wanted to be with Jiho*

As you go closer to L, you handed the baton to him and then he sprinted off at the same time as the other team.

L is nearly close to the finishing line but there is a person who was a little ahead of him. *For Jiho!* 

L started giving his all. We were all shocked, he was like a lightning bolt. You can probably hear the zooming sound.

"WOOHOO! Go L! Saranghaeyo!" Woori cheered.

-----

In the end L won.

You took the ribbon off your foot between you and L.Joe and ran to L.

You slung your arm around him even though he is taller than you. "Hahaha I knew you could do it" You laughed as you rubbed your knuckles against his head.

Woori then went to the scene. She practically pushed you out of L and she did her aegyo "Oppa you did a really great job" she was then about to hug L until you stepped in front of her and asked L if he could come to the toilet with you.

In the meanwhile, Taeyeon was wiping L.Joe's sweat all over his face while Hyuna was there on the side envying them.

-----

L was called by one of the teachers and had to go somewhere so he could not come with you to the toilet.

After using the toilet, you went out and hear some girls chattering near you. It wasn't your business so you left them alone but you stopped when your ears picked up the name 'Taeyeon'.

You went closer to them and also made sure they can't see you. 

"Argh! I can't stand that b!tch Taeyeon! She is so annoying. She's always up in L.Joe's face and I can't go anywhere near him" Hyuna whined.

You felt sorry for Taeyeon since they are her only friends, and now they are right here talking about mean things about her.

"I told you that we should have taken her down ages ago. Especially when Eunmi is not here anymore" Hyuna added.

*Wait a minute? How did I get mixed in, in this convo?*

"But we can't! Taeyeon is L's sister so I have to be more careful of ruining her if I want L to be my boyfriend" Woori said.

*TAEYEON IS NOT L'S GIRLFRIEND?!* a part of you is really happy.

"Oh I know, we can humiliate her at the ball coming up soon. There will be hundreds of people coming. And it will be easy since everyone would be masked and Taeyeon does everything we tell her to. That's how we got Eunmi kicked out of the school" Woori evilly grinned.

Then they started talking really softly which you can't hear a thing they are talking about.

Since what you heard was enough details to pick up the situation. They used Taeyeon to kick me out and now they are going to humiliate her in front us.

*I have to tell her about this* 

You walked away and you saw her walking towards you. "Ummm... Taeyeon-ssi?"

"Yeah?" she asked.

But you had second thoughts, there is no way that she will believe you since according to her, you just met her one hour ago. "Where is L and L.Joe?"

"Oh they are waiting in the cafeteria" she said.

"Thank you"

"No worries" she then walked away with a smile in her face as she look at the towel that she used to wipe L.Joe's sweat.

But when you saw her smiling, you felt a pang of guilt but what can you do? 

-----

L.Joe was staring at the sky and thought about what happened earlier. "How come my heart skipped a beat earlier? My heart only skips a beat when a woman is sharing contact with me, regardless of whether I like her or not"

L.Joe sense something is up.

-----

After a long battle of games, it is finally the last game for the day.

This game requires the whole group to work together and this game would become the most memorable today. This was specially prepared by the student captains from each school.

The game was to walk across the rope within a distance. This game does not have a time limit and everyone here can win. But the problem is the height.

 

 This is the game I'm talking about if you guys get confused


When you look down to the ground, you felt really dizzy. "Are you okay?" L asked.

You looked at the other girls and they were not a single bit scared at all and you didn't want to let them down "I'm okay" you assured L.

When it was your group's turn, L.Joe decided to go on two at a time so the rope won't shake much and makes everyone fall.

There are ropes on both sides that could help you balance and if you do fall, you will be falling to a rope and you will bounce like a trampoline but just with a huge height difference. Pretty much that same training they do in the army.

L.Joe and Taeyeon decided to go first. Taeyeon's legs felt weak at the start but L.Joe encouraged her and was all the way with her.

You realized that Teamwork on this game is really important. If you do not support each other, one falls down.

Once Taeyeon and L.Joe made it to the other end, now it's Woori and L's turn. 

You gripped on L's shirt. "Why? What's wrong? Do you want me to go with you?" 

"Anni... Just want to say good luck" you fakely smiled at him.

In the inside, you were really nervous. You don't know what to do.

L and Woori easily passed through the rope since they are not a single afraid of the heights.

When it was you and Hyuna's turn, you made her go first while you follow at the back. The more Hyuna screams, the more you get scared.

L was closely watching you. *Just calm down Jiho-ah. Just don't look down*

When Hyuna finally made it through. You were left on the middle of the rope.

One step from you and the whole rope wiggles, your eyes were starting to tear up and your hands was swollen from how you grip the rope. Your hands were sweaty which made the rope slippery to touch.

"I don't want to do this" You muttered in fear. When you were about to take another step, you coincidentally saw the ground beneath you. You stood there in frozen.

*Shoot! She can't do this! She's really scared!* L stepped up to the front "Jiho-ah, I'm going to go to you so the rope might get a little shaky" 

You close your eyes. "KYA~!" you screamed when you felt the rope shakes.

When L finally got to you, he tried calming you down first. "Just breathe Jiho. Inhale. Exhale"

You followed his actions and it made you a little better.

"Now walk towards me" when you were about to look down, L stopped you "Nonono... Don't look down just look at me"

Tears we falling through your cheeks.

"That's good, we're nearly there" L walked backwards as he did not take his eyes of you. And when L was already in the finish line and there was only one more step for you to take. "You're doing well, now just take one more step and then it is all finish" 

You nodded at him but your legs gave in and you slipped on the rope. Everyone gasped but luckily L caught you in time. L.Joe helped as well and pulled you until you passed through finish line.

When you stood up, you hug L to feel secure as more tears fell down "Thank... ...you" you whispered. 

Then everyone was at awe, but probably not with Woori and Hyuna as they saw their crush helped you out.

Taeyeon gave you a water bottle to drink when you started to calm down.

"Thank you" "No worries"

-----

L dragged you to the rooftop with him. "I have a surprise for you"

"What is it?"

He looked at his watch "Look at the sun" and then I looked up and the sun was beautiful, you were left in awe.

"I've always wanted to share this moment with someone" L sat down on the floor as he stares at the sky.

You sat down beside him "The sunset is beautiful" 

After a long silent, "I have a request" L shifted his gaze to me.

"What is it?"

"Come to the ball" 

You messed his hair "Silly. I'm already going to the ball"

"Not as a man but as a woman" 

You looked into his eyes but you were lost in them. "Yes" you blurted out.

L smiled.

Dung. Dung. Dung
Dung. Dung. Dung

Soon fatigue caught you and fell asleep on L's arms. 

For the very first time, L got to share a special moment with a very special person in his heart.

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Updated ^^

Mianhe for my bad english in this partcular chapter

in compensate ~^.^~ GIF TIME: