Chapter 29: The Ball: The deciding point

She's the SHEMAN

L.Joe was freaking out ever since yesterday. He can't stop thinking about the moment he woke up from the clinic's bed and when you were holding onto him, you made his heart skip a beat.

 

"Argh! What is wrong with me?!" he cries in frustration. He kicked the wall and punch his heart really hard.

 

He was pouring his heart out at the back of the school. He felt like he needs to be alone for now.

 

"Am I seriously going gay?!" he asked himself but quickly closed his mouth and looked around to see if anyone heard that.

 

He then saw you laughing with Taemin and about to sit near the tree where you guys usually sit whenever you and Taemin needs to talk about something private.

 

He made up his mind. *Well.... There is only one way to find it out* He stomped all the way to you.

 

You and Taemin looked at him, confused. "Hi L.Jo-Oof" you were about to greet him but you were tackles by a hug.

 

Taemin was just standing there uncomfortable. But with you, you were taken aback.

 

Dung. Dung. Dung. Dung.

 

L.Joe gasped really loud "No way!" he pulled away and looked at you in horror. He lightly pushed you aside and walked away.

 

You hear him muttering to himself but you couldn't hear it properly so you just left it. You and Taemin watched him walk away.

 

"I'm not gay. I'm not gay. I'm not gay. I'm not gay... Or am I" L.Joe paused. He shook his head and start muttering to himself.

 

"Okay. That was weird" Taemin broke the silence.

 

We both sat down "Yeah it was. So what do we need to talk about in private?" you asked.

 

"About you, sweety. You and your messed up heart" Taemin messed your hair which he received a glare from you.

 

After fixing your hair back into place "What do you mean by that? There's nothing wrong with me and my heart" you strongly claimed.

 

"Oh there is. Don't tell me that your heart is not beating for someone or should I say for two people from this school" Taemin smirked.

 

Once you heard him, you stiffened up from your spot "No it's not, " you lied. 

 

"Should I name those two? They're pretty easy name to say since they both start with L" he emphasized the letter 'L'.

 

Eventually you gave in "Fine..." you pouted.”This is about L and L.Joe isn't it? But there is nothing going on with us"

 

"Denial means yes” Taemin scoffed. "Have you heard of the saying 'One heart, one love'" he asked, you shook your head. "It is a saying that if you only have one heart then you can only give it to one person. There’s no room for two people in that heart" Taemin pointed towards your heart.
 


You slapped away his finger and said "That's too cheesy" you shivered. Although, you knew he was right at some point. You felt like there is something special going on with you and L but you can't also deny that you still have feelings for L.Joe.

 

Taemin stood up "I have to go ready for the ball tonight. I'll pick you at 6. Eunmi-ah, the day where you will decided which one you will pick is coming soon. he said as he left, leaving me confuse.

 

-----

 

The ball starts.

 

Soon SM and Woollim student’s starts coming in one by one making the room full in any moment.

 

You and Taemin arrived at the ball, wearing black tuxedos. You were shocked that venue is these big and colourful lights were shining everywhere. It was magical.

 

"Are you sure, you don't want to wear a dress? It seems like you will fit in better if you were an actual girl" Taemin whispered in my ears, there were loud music playing in as soon as we came in. Everyone was all dressed up, dancing in the dance floor and some are at the bar drinking soft drinks. You can spot couples on the corner doing their own things which made you a little blush.

 

You assured Taemin that it will be okay before you separated from him to find L. You didn't know why but you had the urge to find him immediately.

 

When you finally spotted him, you weren't happy as you thought you would be. You saw Woori flirting with L. Before you even knew it, you feet were already walking towards her and purposely bumping her in the shoulder, it made her fall on her heels.
 


"Oh. I'm sorry!" you shouted through the loud music from behind. You saw her glaring at you for one moment but then turned into a fake smile.

 

"It's alright" she said. She raised her hand up like a princess expecting me to help her get up.

 

*B!tch. I'm not picking you up after what you've done and seeing you flirt with my... my... Friend!* you just looked at her and then shifted your gaze to L. You can feel her stabbing you through her glare.


 

L smiled when he finally saw you, although he did frown when he saw what you were wearing. 

 

"What's wrong?" you asked.

 

He leaned in towards your ear "How come you are not wearing a dress?" he whispered then he leaned back.

 

You just had an apologetic smile.

 

-----

 

Time passed by and it is only you, L and Taemin left on the seats. 

 

We all didn't have partners so we decided to stick back although there are lots of girls asking L to dance.

 

"Why didn't you say yes to that girl?" you whispered to him. "She was definitely pretty"

 

*Not as pretty as you*

 

"Not my type" he said. "Didn't you promise that you will wear a dress today?" he frowned.

 

"Since it was all of a sudden, I didn't have time to buy clothes"

 

"But you had time to sleep around" he said sarcastically, you saw hurt in his eyes.

 

*Was he that hurt? Maybe I should've worn one*

 

"I knew that you would somehow do that so I asked Taemin to come with me and picked a dress since I don't really know your - size" he said.

 

Your eyes widened and in reflex, you slowly covered your body "You didn't"

 

Taemin coughed really loud signalling that he was still there beside you and L.

 

Taemin took you somewhere else to chance.

 

On the meantime, L sat there alone. Even though his face looks like he was bored, but on the inside he was extremely happy and excited. He just can't express it properly.

 

Woori saw this as her opportunity and walk towards the lonely L. She lowered her dress a little, showing a little of her cleavage and a full view of her long legs.

 

But when you came out and L saw you. You were shining in his eyes. Everyone looked at you and in instant the spotlight was yours.
 


L stood up in surprised, he coughed in his drink. The white dress decorated with lace around seemed like it was made particularly only for you and your soft wavy hair contrasted with your dress and skin really well.

 

You stood there fidgeting with your fingers and crossing you legs.

 

"Go to your prince" Taemin gave you a nudged.

 

You looked at him and gave him a thank you hug.

 

Your smile seemed to get bigger and bigger as you approach him.

 

"It would be an honour dancing with the most beautiful lady in the world" he reached his hand out.

 

You giggled a little, and took his hand slowly "Take care of me"

 

You both smiled as he lead the way to the dance floor. Everyone gave way to the couple.

 

The music turned from an upbeat into a slow beat.

 

I wrapped my hands in his neck as he wrapped his in my waist, and slowly rocking your body with his as one.

 

You leaned in towards his chest. 

 

Dung. Dung. Dung. Dung. Dung.

 

Your eyes widened. You finally realized the difference between L and L.Joe.

 

The feeling you felt with L.Joe is just a first crush feeling.

 

But with L... It's a magical, a feeling that I could never describe. A strong feeling rushes inside me. 

 

*L is my real first love*

 

You leaned back and Looked into each other's eyes.

 

*I'm glad that I found you*

 

When the music finished, the feeling between you and L snapped in just a second and replaced by murmurs by the SM students.
 


"Isn't she embarrassed to be here?" "Is that Eunmi?" "I thought she doesn't attend this school anymore"

 

You thought this night is a fairytale but then every fairytale had their endings. As for me... The clock stopped ticking.

 

You were so distracted and only went towards one thing that you forgot one small detail. A very important detail.

 

You are in SM territory.

 

The fairytale ended. You had to go, you pulled away from L and ran outside with tears in your eyes.

 

"Eunmi-ah! Eunmi-ah!" L shouted. He followed you until he caught up to you.

 

He spun you around "What's wrong?"

 

"I'm not supposed to be here" you said in a shaky voice. "They know me too well"

 

"What are you talking about?" he asked.

 

"Something really embarrassing happened to me while I was in SM High, and it humiliated me so much"

 

L didn't care anymore, whatever it was, it's in the past. He just wanted you to calm down. "Calm down, Eunmi-ah" he grasped your shoulders.

 

But you wouldn't, it's not that you don't want to but you can't stop.

 

His lips suddenly met with yours.

 

Your eyes widened *D-did he just..?* Everything stopped; my heart beat, my strength was instantly gone and my soul flew off without me. I slowly closed my eyes.

 

He pulled away but our foreheads were still in contact, you can feel his breath landing in your skin. You can feel your heart beat thumping again and it is faster than ever.

 

"I like you" 

 

What he just said - echoed in your head.

 

"I like you for just the way you are, I don't care what happened in your past but the only thing I know right now is that I like you"
 


You were in dazed. You didn't know what to do or what you should do. At this moment, you didn't know how to breathe.

 

"I, Kim Myungsoo, finally confessed to the person I love"

 

"I-I lik-" 

 

Suddenly you were interrupted by someone.

 

"Oh my! Why is this B!tch here?" Taeyeon smirked.

 

She immediately got your attention. L turned around and he blankly stared at his little sister in confuse.
 

 

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Before you can pick up your pitchforks and throw it at me for not updating for a very long time.

Mianhe. For neglecting this story.

I hope this chapter makes up for it.

I'm all busy due to my exams and my brother's wedding is coming up soon.

and what is worse is that, my exam is on the same week as my brother's wedding so I will have a hard time squishing my story time 

since I need more study time so I decided that....

 I'll be going hiatus until November 23 2012.

Wish me luck in my exams 

so for now...

Subscribe & Comment ^^ 

 

Oooh~ just found about that vote thingy next to my tittle XD

I'm so not updated. Kekeke.

Vote for me please

lolz you don't have to ^^