Chapter 22: Can L handle it?

She's the SHEMAN

 

Phew~

 

You just came back from hand washing all the stained clothes. As you were washing the clothes earlier, you had a deep thought of what you would do to L since you know... He knows your secret that can ruin your entire life. How would you react to it whenever you see him, you can't possibly hide from him forever and plus you already tried that before and it didn't work.

 

There are pros and cons, but you trusted L that he wouldn't say anything about it, well that's what you would like to think. Somehow just by thinking of L, you know that you can trust him with all of your secrets however, it is not the time for you to tell all of your secrets, yet.

 

Knock~

 

"Your back" L opened the door with a relieved smile. "I thought something happened along the way since you took so long to comeback"

 

"Really, you were waiting for me? Mianhe I was thinking a lot of things as I was washing the clothes" you responded as you entered the room holding the wet pile of clothes.

 

"What kind of things?" he asked "And is this the clothes? Let me hang it up in the bathroom" he took the wet clothes away from your hands.

 

"It's alright! I have my undies there as well so..." 

 

He didn't need you to finish the sentence, he already got what you were trying to say "oh OH! Here you go" he realized as he handed the wet clothes back.

 

"Oh right, what happened at school by the way? Do they even know that we're not at school?" you asked loudly for him to hear, you are hanging the clothes in your bathroom that's why you needed to speak a little higher if you wanted to talk.

 

"I told them that we're not going to school for a few days" he replied, he was on the study table doing his homework.

 

As soon as you were done hanging the clothes you walked towards him and sat on his bed "Eh? No way that they would accept that easily, you're lying aren't you?" you gave him this suspicious look.

 

"I'm not lying!" he exclaimed. He scratched his head for a better way to explain it to you "Let's just say that I'm popular with the teachers"

 

"You popular with the teachers, pfft" you jokingly scoffed.

 

"It's true though" L pouted.

 

*Oh my, that is the cutest thing I've ever seen. Some might not be able to imagine L pouting, I'm honoured to see that*

 

"What? Is there something on my face?" he asked when he saw you grinning at him, he is now checking his face for dirt with his hands, you snapped back to your senses when L's voice interrupted you. 

 

"Nothing!" you covered it with a pretty obvious fake laugh. "But the problem is that I'm already falling behind in class, it's impossible for me to catch up if I'm going to have to take a few days off especially since my brain is really slow" you slumped yourself on his bed, pouting.

 

He swivelled his chair towards you "You have me" he said.

 

"What?" you asked. You sat up straight and looked at him.

 

"Well... I can teach you if you want" he said as he looked down and fiddled with his pen. "And not bragging about me being the smartest person in this school" he mumbled as he try to cover it with a big loud cough.

 

You let out a small giggle of seeing him like this for the first time "Alright, it's a deal then" you stood up and shook his hand "Just don't get mad at me if I don't get things easily when I have this turtle mind of mine".

 

L tilted his head in confusion, it seems like you read his mind "Oh you will see" you once again giggled to yourself and skipped your way through your bed to take a nap leaving L hanging.

=====


 

After hours later, nearly night time.

 

L was still studying in his table until...You heavily stomped your way through to him with furious eyes. Each step was like an earthquake to him. You leaned forward to him until his face is right in front of your eyes.

 

*What is she doing? Is she gonna kill me*

 

Blink. Blink. Blink.

 

All he could do was blink as you guys stay in that position.

 

The next second, your furious eyes turned soft like a marshmallow "Oppa~ please buy me an ice cream?"

 

*O-OPPA?!*

 

"E-eh? O-OPPA?!" he stuttered, shocked by your aegyo all of a sudden. "I-ice cream?" 

 

You gave him a big nod "Neh~ (yes)" you blinked your two big round eyeballs; it was hard for L not to resist.

 

*She looks so cute, but I can't I'm in the middle of studying right now*

 

"What do I do Jiho-ah? I'm in the middle of studying right now" he said, but he automatically regretted it when he saw your eyes started to tear up, your mouth was curving downwards. "Okay Okay, this oppa will buy it for you" he said, he was still unsure of you saying the word 'oppa'. But after hearing him agree, you pulled away from his face and stood up straight with a look of victory on your face.

 

*She shouldn't say oppa out loud or people will hear it*

 

L doesn't know how but you somehow read what was on his mind "WAE?! Why can't I call you 'oppa'? I'm a girl as well you know!" your whole face frowned in anger. L jerked up from his seat and covered your mouth and stared at the door just in case someone heard and comes knocking on the door, luckily no one did.

 

"What are you doing? You do know that you are not supposed to say that out loud"

 

L decided to let go of your mouth "Say what L oppa~ that I'm a girl?" you teased but L quickly covered it again.

 

"You know what, you're probably just hungry that's why you're being like this so I'm gonna go quickly and buy your ice cream" L grabbed his jacket and wallet and headed off.

 

Not even a second before he touched the door, he received a text message saying to also buy bags of chips as well... Of course it was from you. You laughed at L; he seems so confused like a lost dog.

=====


 

"Jiho-ah I'm back with your chips and favourite ice cream, it's chocolate min-" L opened the door only to see Jiho's clothes everywhere, some are even dangling from his study table.

 

"YAH PARK JIHO GET YOUR OVER HERE!" L roared losing his temper.

 

"Yeah oppa~?" you ran down the stairs and quickly grabbed the ice creams but as soon as you were going to snatch it, L pulled it away.

 

"What happened in here Jiho? Why are your clothes everywhere that it shouldn't be?" he asked in a straight strong voice.

 

"Oh that~ I was just re-arranging my clothes"

 

"And it happened to fly everywhere?" L said with sarcasm.

 

"Yeah happened to be like that... Now gimme my ice cream" you tried to reach for the bag but L put it above his head where you couldn't reach.

 

"NO! Not until you clean this room!" he said with a stern voice. 

 

Your eyes started tearing again and your lips were curving downwards again, but it didn't affect L. 

 

*Ha! It won't affect me the secon- Oh sh!t! She's actually crying*

 

You cried out so loud, tears were falling down your face and your eyes were going red.

 

L panicked when he saw you crying, he didn't know that you'd actually cry "Okay, okay here you go, now stop crying" L handed the bags of chips and ice cream to you. In a second, your tears are gone, your mouth curved upwards again and even your eyes smiled - you can't find a single trace that you cried just now.

 

L was surprised of your all sudden change of expression.

 

You took the bag and ran upstairs and ate the chips while you left L downstairs picking up your clothes.

 

*Aigoo~ is this girl sick or something?*

 

Then you started playing cutesy song, you even sang and danced along to it....

 

♪Marshmallow Marshmallow Dalkkomhae seo neomu joha ♪

 (Marshmallow, Marshmallow, it’s so sweet)

 

L looked at you in horror, he swore that you were not the person he just talked to a few hours ago. It was like you were a whole different person.

 

All he could do was sigh and went back to picking up the pieces of clothes.


 

You were encouraged by the Marshmallow song to go downstairs and...

 

L saw you running towards him, he thought you were going to hit him or something but instead of that....

 

MWUAH!

 

He received a kiss on the cheek "I like you L oppa~" and after saying those words, you ran to your bed with a giggle.

 

Leaving L stunned, he touched the part where you kissed him, his face reddened just realizing what happened and his heart started to pump a lot faster than normal. But unknown to him, his lips curved.

 

Knock. Knock

 

L still stood there stupefied.

 

Knock! Knock! Knock!

 

Someone banged on the door which made L snap back to his senses. He walked to the door and opened it only to see...

 

Taemin standing on the doorstep looking really worried "Is Jiho hyung alright? I heard what happened to him... He fainted right"

 

*Yeah because of me*

 

"Yeah he's alright" L said.

 

There was a long silence.

 

"Aren't you gonna let me in?" Taemin asked.

 

L looked inside and he could still see clothes dumped everywhere and the music was still playing.

 

*Oh hell no! He can't come in, who knows what Jiho would do to him, and plus he doesn't know that she's a girl... Right?*

 

But Taemin was too stubborn and just squeezed in through L only to see...

 

Clothes dangling everywhere. He walked upstairs to see you.

 

"OH MY GOD! Taemin said horrified as he looked at you in horror. My nightmare has come  real . Eunmi's off and on switch and her PMS Mix together equals to ABOMINATION! That can wipe out the whole human race!!!!!!"

 

You were surrounded by bags of chips everywhere, clothes unfolded; the bed wasn't cleaned out and there were still stains on them.

 

It was a total disaster!

 

And worst of all, you were taking a nap on the floor with the empty bags of chips and ice cream tin!

 

Taemin didn't want to wake you up since he already knew what would happen if he did, there would be chaos.

 

Taemin went down to L "Does he by any chance have his pe-"

 

"She has her period" L casually said it, luckily the door was already closed.

 

"Wait you know?!" Taemin gasped. L nodded "But you shouldn't just casually say that kind of stuff, it can blow her cover"

 

"It's alright if it’s you, I figured since you guys are cousins you must have been in this part of the plan"

 

"Since when did you figure that out?" Taemin asked.

 

"Just now" L changed the topic "Is there something wrong with Jiho? Like is she sick or something because she's acting really weird today"

 

"Oh that... That could take a while to explain, but it won't hurt to explain it since Jiho really trusts you a lot L" Taemin said.

 

"Really? She said that?" L was getting excited but he didn't know why.

 

"Yeah more than me apparently..." Taemin pouted "Why don't we clean the room up and I'll explain everything to you. You know, why she's like this" Taemin suggested, L just followed along with it.

=====


 

After cleaning the room and L tucked you in bed.

 

L and Taemin went somewhere far away where no one at their school can see nor hear them.

 

L let Taemin explained everything, it all started in primary but of course he missed out L.Joe's name since it wasn't his place to say it.

 

"And that was the birth of On/Off switch" Taemin finished the story. 

 

"Why did she develop the switch in the first place?" L asked.

 

"Basically, the On switch was caused by this man called Doraemon" he changed L.Joe's name into 'Doraemon' "Like I said earlier Doraemon said something that is enough to damage a woman's dignity which caused her wanting to be someone that everyone will adore; pretty, a role model and a leader"

 

"While she invented the Off switch to always remind her that the real side of her is still within her; messy, tomboy and careless of what other people think" he continued, "Even though it may sound hard, for her it's a way to balance her happiness, that way she gets love equally"

 

After hearing Taemin, L clenched his fist in anger "That Doraemon is a jerk! No seriously why would he hurt Jiho when she is so nice on the inside, it doesn't matter if the outside appearance is pretty, what matters is your heart, your heart defines the real you" L out of nowhere ranted out all his hatred on this 'Doraemon' guy who caused Jiho such hardships.

 

Taemin just looked at him amused "Can I ask you something L hyung?"

 

L fixed his voice "Yeah go ahead"

 

"Do you like Jiho?"

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kept my promise ^^

Might update tomorrow or the next day after tomorrow

<3 Welcome our new subscribers <3

 

P.S If you wan't to know why Eunmi/Jiho acted like that

stay tuned for the next chapter