Chapter 28: The Ball: Preparing

She's the SHEMAN

 

 

You were asked to bring all the heavy boxes that contains all the decorations for the ball tomorrow, to the equipment room.

 

L.Joe placed a box into your hands and when it seemed like you can carry more, you signalled him. He asked if you were sure, and when you nodded he placed one more box on top of it. He told you to go first and he'll follow later.

 

You thought it wasn't that heavy at first but then every step you take, the box seems to get heavier and heavier. With troubles, you had arrived to your destination.

 

You see that all boxes were lined up in a line, you then spotted a place in the middle of the room in front of the shelf where you could place the two boxes together, and even though it was really heavy you used your last strength to carry it.

 

"Ah!" you stretched your back in relief but when you stretched your arm, it accidentally hit the side of the shelf causing it to wobble.

 

"WATCH OUT!" 

 

I heard someone yelling which caused me to turn and looked at the source of that voice, unwary of what's happening on top of you.

 

Before you even knew it, that person pushed you to the side causing you to land on one of the empty boxes.

 

You grunted in pain "Ouch", you opened your eyes only to see L.Joe on the ground lying where you were standing just before. The boxes on top of the shelf were actually open and it is now falling onto him.

 

"L.Joe!" you shouted. You got up and went beside him. He wasn't responding, you shook his body couple of times and it seemed like he was unconscious. He got little scratches from the objects that fell on him.

 

L.Joe was taken to the school clinic, you never left by his side. You felt really uneasy.

 

*This is my fault*

 

Soon fatigue got to you and so you fell asleep.

 

L heard about L.Joe's accident. He decided to give him a visit but when he opened the door, only to see you sleeping by his side while holding his hand.

 

Somewhere in his heart, it was hurting. L clutched his heart as he stare at this scene with no emotions at all, not happy nor sad. 

 

Taemin saw L standing in front of the door and wondering why he is not going in. He went behind L and it seems that he didn't notice him, so he took a sneak peek inside and saw you and L.Joe.

 

Taemin could only sigh. He puts his left hand on L's shoulder. When L finally acknowledge his presence...

 

"We need to talk" Taemin sternly said.

 

L followed Taemin somewhere place where no one is around. Taemin sat on the bench while L decided to lean on the wall instead.


 

"L, I'm not saying you this as a friend but more like a man" Taemin started. L tilted his head a little bit as he waited for him to continue. "You like Jiho don't you"

 

L scoffed and immediately denies it "No I don't!" his voice went high pitch and that did not convinced Taemin at all. L saw the look on his face and he knew he does not believe him, not a single bit "I seriously don't" L waved his hand.

 

Taemin sighed "Deny it all you want but one day might come where someone will snatch her away from you, without you even knowing it"

 

What he said made L gulped in nervous. He then remembered you holding L.Joe's hand "Like who... L.Joe?" L sarcastically said but when Taemin didn't say anything, L stood up straight "You are kidding right? Seriously L.Joe? He doesn't even know that Jiho is a girl!"

 

"Eunmi" Taemin blurted. 

 

"What?"

 

"Park Eun Mi is Jiho's real name"

 

L just realized that he never knew Jiho's real name until now.

 

"The reason why Eunmi came here is because I begged her to come and take revenge from me" when Taemin sees L about to speak, he interrupted "I know. I know, it's really selfish of me"

 

L asked "What was the revenge about? And who was it suppose to?"

 

Taemin revealed everything to him, he started from the very start where L.Joe humiliated him to now. 

 

"L.Joe is Eunmi's first love. He was the first one to break Eunmi's heart as well." Taemin didn't need to explain more since L surely got the idea.

 

L remembers you telling a story back then when he was fixing your lips, and you were telling about how your first love was your hero. But he would never thought that it would be L.Joe, the guy he used to despicably hate. 

 

"I'm planning to take Eunmi out from this school soon since nothing is good coming out from this..."

 

"You think so?" L said sarcastically "Why would you bring a girl to an all boy's school just to satisfy your selfish revenge!" L scolded Taemin.

 

Taemin already felt bad and apologized quite a few times "I'm sorry. That is why I'm moving Eunmi to another school before she gets hurt"

 

"What do you mean by her getting hurt?" L asked wanting to know more.

 

"In my point of view, I'm afraid that she can't differentiate what she is feeling right now, she is confused. I wish I can just tell her directly but it is not my place to say that."

 

"Why not?"

 

"Because there are times where you will need to figure something out by yourself" Taemin directly pointed out his point.

 

*Why do I have a feeling that this is not just about Jiho, it seems like he saying to me as well...*

 

Taemin got up from the bench and seriously looked at L "I'll take all the blame but please don't get mad at Eunmi" when L didn't say anything, he sighed once again. "Tomorrow, at the ball... You may want to figure out your feelings, this may be your last chance" Taemin walked away, hoping this will somehow at least help him know what he truly feels.

 

*What is wrong with people these days... They like each other but they are simply clueless and still refuse to confess. But then again how should I know, I'm a foreveralone*

 

L deeply sighed and leaned back on the wall. He clutched his heart as he looked up to the sky.

 

*Do I really like Jiho? If so, then why am I the first one not to know*

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Updated ^^

Sorry for not updating a long time. I've been really super busy and my exams are coming up

and I really need to do good on this >.<

 

Promotion time XD Click the image