Chapter 24: Bit by Bit

She's the SHEMAN

 

"Are you okay?" L nudged you and Taemin at the same time, you both looked like your soul just came out of your mouth or something.

 

You and Taemin just nodded like two little puppies, looking lost.

 

Ever since then, you have been really cautious of the day that SM High and Woollim High will get together.

 

Of course the guys are happy since they rarely see women at school unless you add the magazines they always have in their bag.

 

But of course on the other side, the girls are expected to be squealing and worrying who they are going to be partnered up with unfortunately, the guys from SM are far from being enthusiastic at all.

 

The gathering will be happening soon and that is what is scaring you the most. What if they can recognize you? Whatever happens you have to prepare for the worst scenes.

=====


 

Your class are waiting for the teacher to arrive.

 

Like the usual, the boys are practically messing around again. Throwing papers everywhere, boys trying to sing even though they are always out of tune and you cannot miss the erted boys in the class who always thinks about dirty things.

 

You shifted to L and started talking him, then not long passes Taemin joins as well. You guys started talking about how school is boring and how some topics can't help you anything in the future but L has another point of view for it.

 

"Going through University is the way that you can have a better life" he said in his usual I-Know-Everything tone.

 

"But I can't think of anything that could help me in the future. What if you want to become a manager of McDonalds? You don't need every subjects do you?" you whined.

 

"Actually you will need to take business management so it can give knowledge on how to lead a business better even if its just a mere shop, it will be useless if you don't have any marketing strategies" L pointed out.

 

"Ow! My head hurts from all the big vocabularies" you clutched your head, pretended to be hurt.

 

L started coughing in between he sarcastically said "Talk about the person who always get 69% in his test" then L and Taemin hi-fived each other and laughed at you.

 

"Screw you guys" you pouted. L is starting become comfortable around us which is a good thing that he's starting to, but the more he gets comfortable, the more annoying he gets. 

 

Little by little you can't help to be comfortable around him as well.

 

While the guys were still laughing their head off, you peeked at L.Joe and he was somewhat quiet today. It is very unusual for him to stay quiet, usually he would go find a way to bully me whenever alone but of course L always comes and rescues me.

 

"I'm dead, what am I going to do?" L.Joe muttered to himself and started swearing like there is no tomorrow.

 

You coincidentally heard all of that and you had no idea what was going on that was making him like that. You had to admit you were a little bit curious.

 

Soon the teachers have arrived and we all students went back to our regular seats.

 

The teacher decided to make a fundraiser for the ball and it was a choice for us to pick what kind of event will be happening.

 

Boys started to vote, Taemin persistently yell out 'Coffee Prince' and well... Like the usual L is watching the monkeys go wild.

 

You stole a glance at L.Joe who was still sulking in his corner. You bet that he didn't even know that the teacher arrived yet.

 

'I wonder what's going on'

 

In the end, thanks to Taemin's persistently effort. The whole class has to serve and handle a café. But the thing is that there is no help from the teachers, entirely from the students.

 

Of course the students complained including you and blamed Taemin but in the end we pulled ourselves together and start making plans.

 

In a fair of game, we will be divided into groups of 3 and that group will be in charge of something. 

 

Taemin was anonymously voted as the leader so he wrote down all the names and put them into a box. Whichever number you get, you will be in that group. No complaints.

 

Taemin started calling out the numbers and people slowly going to their groups, some are happy while some aren't happy with their groups which you include well in that category.

 

When Taemin called out your number "number 7" 

 

You and L pulled up your hand but there is one more missing... Then we see, the last member of the group is L.Joe.

 

You weren't happy at first but maybe we can work this out.

=====


 

You were assigned to advertise the café which is called 'Coffee Prince'.

 

All the noonas came and happily took the ads from your hands. You three perfectly melted all their cold hearts.

 

You gave them your eye smile which they couldn't resist especially the ajummas.

 

L gave them the business man look which attracted lots of noonas.

 

And L.Joe portrayed the boy-next-door-neighbour role which attracted many young girls.

 

When we were in our break time, we sat down on the bench. It was really hot that time. Out of nowhere, L.Joe offered to buy us a drink and your jaw dropped for his sudden kindness and eventually said yes to him.
 


"Jiho-ah, is it true that you never lie when you are on your period?" L curiously asked.
 


You hit him in the arm and gave him a look "You shouldn't say it casually in public but it is true" you whispered.
 


One part of L is beaming in happy but at the same time one part is disappointed.

 

'Bwoyah?! How am I suppose to know if you like or hate me?' L pouted.

 

Then an evil mind of yours started working up.

 

Well since it was a hot day, you start dragging him somewhere near a water fountain suddenly pops up.

 

Once you got there, you left L in the middle and took a few steps back. Poor him, he looks so confused and lost.

 

On the last second when mentally counted to '3' the water busted up. L got startled from the water coming up from beneath him, he was completely wet. And the water was really cold.

 

While you were left laughing your off on the side.

 

L wanted to speak but the water kept splashing through his face and cold water going through the inside of his shirt.

 

Once the water fountain stopped, you were still laughing and L was really pissed off seeing you laughing at him then he said "Revenge is sweet"

 

He stomped his way to you. You were taken aback when he started pulling you with him in the middle. You were trying to let go "No NO NOO!" but in the end... The water blasted up and got your clothes all wet. 

 

It was like slow motion, L was still holding your shoulders so you won't be able to escape but now that you think about it, it seemed like he was hugging you from behind. Your heart seemed to beat fast, not just because of you having fun but there is something else as well...

 

You gathered water from the palm of your hand and quickly spun around and splashed it on L's face. 

 

"Oh you're going to play like that?" he teased the he did what you did to him. And it kept going as you did the same as well.

 

'His smile is so cute! Oh my why did I just say that, I must be out of my mind but now that I get a better look at his face, he is actually handsome. The sun and the rain reflecting through his eyes'

 

Your eyes travelled down to his nose then to his...lips. It looks inevitable, it was red and wet. 

 

You unconsciously your lips. Then you took a whole peek of his face. His eyes, skin and smile...

 

Dung. Dung. Dung.

 

'It can't be'

 

Your eyes widened. You stopped everything you were doing. You stopped breathing as you just stood there being mesmerised by his handsomeness.

 

‘Nahhh… There is no way that I like him! He is just my roommate, my friend and nothing more, right?’

 

As soon as the fountain stops, everything came back to normal. L decided to go back and dry our clothes before L.Joe comes back, luckily L didn't notice when you started acting weird. You became really conscious of your looks all of a sudden, making you dry your clothes quickly and fixing your hair.

 

As you were walking, you accidentally lost your balance and slipped on the water which caused you to fall hard on your . L looked back to where you slip. You were rubbing the part where it hurts really badly. You tried to get up but the pain in your made it hard for you to control your legs. L then went up to you and assisted you.

 

“Are you okay?” He worryingly asked.

 

“Better than ever… see I can…” you tried to walk but in the end you walked like you were limping “walk” you finished the sentence and covered it with an awkward laugh. Then you miscalculated your step which caused you to slip again but luckily L caught you on time.

 

“Silly. You don’t always have to be strong” He said. He then squatted down in front of you. “Hop on”

 

“Huh?” you said in confused.

 

“I’m giving you a piggyback”

 

“No you don’t have to I’m alright” you insisted.

Then he dragged your arm and wrapped it around his neck, while he wraps your legs around his waist.

 

You were stunned by his actions. Your heartbeat even beat faster than ever before if that was possible. Your red face started heating up luckily he can’t see it.

 

‘Why does my heart always seems to beat fast whenever he’s around? Is there any way that could stop my heart beating too fast. I feel like my heart is going to pop out from my body if this keeps going'’

 

“You should enjoy this time since I rarely give anyone a piggyback” L smirked.

 

“Jerk” you jokingly said, as your lips grinned.

 

Unknown to you, L was also smiling to himself.

=====


 

When you got back to the meeting place, you guys were still a little wet but it is better than being soaked in water.

 

You were seating down on the bench while goofing off to your own little world to reflect on what just happened. 

 

"Jiho" L called out.

 

You snapped back up and quickly looked at him. But all you can see was him and a bright light and possibly even red petals blowing around. Once again you were mesmerised by his handsomeness, you fanned yourself since everything bit of your skin was heating up, not too sure whether it was the sun or worse, him.

 

"Don't you think that L.Joe is taking so long with the drinks?" L said as he peeked through the roads for the possible signs of L.Joe.

 

"Huh...? Oh L.Joe... Oh yeah it's been like what... half an hour?" you said as you look through your watch "he should've been here like 15 minutes ago max"

 

"Let’s go find him" 

=====


 

You and L started to become worried, even if L.Joe is always a jerk to you he is still their group mate.

 

"L.Joe!" you yelled.

 

"L.JOE!" L shouted on top of his voice.

 

As you were passing this alley, you heard noises but you could've passed it if you didn't look that way.

 

You saw L.Joe standing in front of group of students from another school, probably older than him. They looked like thugs.

 

"Didn't I tell you that the money needs to be ready by today?!" the guy who was standing in the middle exclaimed, you're guessing that was the leader. "But what do I see, you don't have the money with you, YOU !"

 

Then the leader gave L.Joe a big punch on the face.

 

Involuntarily you gasped in horror.

 

Then they all looked through your way.

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Updated <3

Or more likely forced by my friends 

Love you guys still ^^