Chapter 17: Uncontrollable Heartbeat

She's the SHEMAN

WARNING: CHEESY ALERT     

 

"You know you were pretty cool back there when you stood up to L.Joe" you admitted even though you hate to say it.

 

"I know I'm already cool, you don't have to say it" he smirked.

 

"You know what... I take it back... You're back to being a JERK!" you retorted back.

 

"AH!" you involuntary squealed in pain as L tries to help walk you up the stairs. But the moment you took each step, every part of your body winced because of the excruciating pain. "AAHH!" this time you squealed really loud.

 

L originally planned to take you upstairs to your bed but judging by your condition "This won't work" 

 

"W-what a-are you doing? Aren't you going to help me go to my bed?"

 

"Change of plans... Tonight you will be sleeping in my bed." he said.

 

"BWOH?! S-sleep w-where?" you pulled away from him, you lost your balance but luckily L caught you by wrapping his arms around your waist.

 

"Aigoo... When are you going to stop being silly? You're always making me worried" he softly whispered to your ear. "And stop thinking dirty" he smirked.

 

Your eyes widened as you can feel his breath near your ear. You felt tickled by it. Your heart started racing fast.

 

He assisted you to his bed and told you to sit down "Wait here and don't do anything silly, okay? I'll be right back to get the first aid box"

 

You simply nodded since the side of your lip has been wounded and you do not want to feel the pain again. Your hands hurt too from punching L.Joe in the face. You had to admit, it felt good punching him after all he had said to you.

 

As soon as he closed the door. Your heart was still beating fast and it wouldn't seem to slow down. You tried hitting it hard with your palm but instead you felt pain.

 

*Stop beating fast!* I scolded my heart.

 

On the other hand, L leaned on the door as soon as he closed the door.

 

He closed his eyes.

 

*What was I thinking? Why did I blurt out those words? And worse I whispered it very close to her ear*.

 

After mentally scolding himself, he took a big deep breath and shook his head before he went to get the first aid box.

 

=====

 

Luckily, your heart calmed down before he came back. 

 

"You’re back" your eyes shined as soon as he came back. As soon as he was walking in, you saw a faint smile on his lips but you were just probably imagining it.

 

He took a chair from the study table and sat on, it in front of me. He placed the first aid box into his lap and started opening it.

 

To be honest, you haven't touched a First aid box before because normally when you get wounded it was a small scratch, you would ask for a band-aid only from a store. You watched him amazed.

 

Once L saw your expression "Is it really that amusing? To watch me open a first aid box?"  he gave out a small laugh.

 

"I have seen what is inside the first aid box but i haven't really touched anything inside except for band-aids" you confessed.

 

"Really?! What kind of childhood did you have? Have you ever fell down on the groud before and had a big scratch on your knee?" he asked.

 

"I have but the scratch was only little, when I was a kid I didn't really like hanging out around people much. So I just stayed home usually" you kept talking about your childhood past while he takes out the things that he will be using to aid you. "Let’s just say I wasn't a sociable type of person back then"

 

"But you're annoying and you keep talking these days. I've been observing you lately" he said.

 

"Oh gee thanks a lot for your compliment" you said it with sarcasm.

 

"So what made you change from a quiet person" he then looked at you from your head to toe "to know".

 

"It's a long story, you might fall asleep along the way"

 

"Don't worry I have time and plus I need you to keep talking so your mind won't think about the pain, it always works I tell you" he said as he dipped a cotton ball in alcohol.

 

"Well.... It started when a group of kids suddenly went to bul-AH!" you suddenly felt pain in your palm but then you also felt a cold liquid on your skin. You then realized that L was cleaning your wounds, now you got what he means by talking makes you keep off your mind from the pain.

 

"Continue" he said as he keeps cleaning the dirt on my palms. 

 

It hurts but I forced myself to keep talking "back to what I was saying, there was this group of kids tried to bully me for fun, luckily my hero came"

 

"Hero?" he asked.

 

"Yeah, it was my first love...AAHH!" 

 

L accidentally or more likely on purpose of him putting too much pressure on my hand "My bad... So tell me more about this FIRST LOVE of yours" 

 

*Is it just me or did he spat the word 'First Love'*

 

"Yeah he was my first love.... Not until he broke my heart"

 

"Broke your heart? How did he do that?" L was actually really curious.

 

"let's just say that he said really mean words to me and it was enough to change me..." you gave a small laugh in embarrassment "Hehehe...I’m not really comfortable talking about this topic but i can tell you this... You know this person"

 

"Why can't you just tell me her name?"

 

*Her name? Oh my gosh I forgot I'm supposed to be a guy*

 

"Because.... It's no fun if you don't guess... You never know I might tell you the name of this person" you winked at him. “I’m only telling you this since you saved me"

 

After he was finishing cleaning and putting bandages around my wounds in my palm. 

 

He moved closer but the more closely he move the more you move back. "How am I going to treat your lip if you’re moving too far?" 

 

You finally decided to move a little closer to him. 

 

"We don't have much time" he pulled you by pulling your head close to him.

 

He pulled you way too close, too close that you can feel his breath on your skin. Close enough to examine his face thoroughly; as his strong gaze melts your eyes, your eyes travelled down to his lips, they were so.... Your heart started beating faster again and all of a sudden, every skin cell in your body felt like it was burning.

 

"Are you okay? You're face are really going red" he placed his right hand onto my forehead "Yah! Your temperature is really hot!" 

 

You gasped when you felt his hand made contact to your forehead. His hands were cold compared to your hot face.

 

*What is wrong with me today? Why does it feel hot all of a sudden*

 

"Nahh... I'm alright, just keep continuing so we'll get this done and over with" before you can take a deep breath "AAHH!" you felt a sting in your lips. You glared at L.

 

"You said so" he shrugged.

 

You didn't know where to look as long as you don't meet his eyes, since your heart was racing too fast and it felt a little weird for you since this hasn't happened to you or at least that was what you thought.

 

Meanwhile, L was cleaning up the cut near your lip. He couldn't help but gaze at your red lips. He involuntary his lips. He realized just how close they were, he was close enough to peck her on the lips if his head went any higher. He started going nervous. Of course he hasn't forget the fact that you were a girl, he had to be careful of his actions but he couldn't help it but his heart started to race fast.

 

The more he looks at your lips, the more he and gulps. He all of a sudden went red, realizing what he was doing.

 

He stopped midway and gave all the equipments to her "Y-you said you hadn't touched first aid box right? Well... This is your lucky day" he stood up and went straight for the stairs. As he was walking away from you, his body was feeling hot. He fanned himself as he walked.

 

"Where are you going?" you asked.

 

"I-I'm gonna go to sleep... It's past my B-bedtime" he lied.

 

"Fine I’ll do it myself..." you frowned. Just for a tease "Make sure not to wet my bed" you shouted across the room, as soon as you heard him "Aish!" you fell laughing on his bed "Hahah-AH!" the side of your mouth still hurts. 

 

Now it was your turn to "Aish!"

 

=====

 

When it was Midnight already, you guys were still wide awake.

 

Both of you were wondering whether you both heard each other's heartbeats when they were beating really loud and fast.

 

*What is wrong with me?*

*What is wrong with me?*

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

How was it? Good or bad?

I nearly had a heart attack while I was writing this scene XD

Did you as well? Kekeke

Comment down below and SHOUT OUT FOR THE NEW SUBSCRIBER *Wink* You know who you are =D