Hook Up

Flawless

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"So Danson, what's your favourite colour?" Asked Jiro awkwardly, trying to provoke a conversation. 
"I don't have a favourite colour." Answered Danson, looking at Jiro questioningly. 
Jiro waited for Danson to ask him back. Wasn't that what EVERYBODY does? 'What's your favourite pet?' 'Mine's a dog, how about you?' 
"Well, MY favorite colour's blue."Said Jiro. 
"Hey guys." Charlene said, walking up behind the two guys and putting her an arm around each of their shoulders. 
Danson was obviously not used to it as he shrank away and made sure there was no contact between him and the others. 
"Yo, where's Hebe? Weren't you guys together like, a second ago?" Asked Jiro. He apparently, had not shrunken away. 
"She went to go do MATH homework. What kind of person actually DOES do their math homework?" Asked Charlene. 
Jiro gave her a pure look of disapprovement. 
"OK, OK!! I'll do it too! Sheesh, math freak!" Charlene called, laughing as Jiro crossed his arms. 
Danson knew he was not in on this conversation. 
Charlene and Jiro knew this too, but they didn't kick Danson away. 
"So, Danson, you getting a high average in Math?" Asked Jiro. 
"Not really." Answered Danson. 
"Oh come ON, Jiro says that and is getting a 97% in math!" Charlene said. 
"You're one to say that's getting a 100% in math!" Jiro rebutted.
"You read my mind! That's unfair! Besides, you LIKE math." Charlene said. 
Danson stood silently in front of the both of them. 
Charlene made it her own personal goal to make sure Danson smiles more. 
_

Rainie smiled. 
Calvin's heart beats faster. 
Calvin had had a crush on Rainie ever since he first saw her at McDonald's-when she was sick. 
Quite unusual to fall in love with someone while they are throwing up but Calvin made it happen. 
Is it really possible to fall in love at first sight? 
Calvin didn't know, but he understood that there was certain...attraction between him and Rainie. 
When Rainie smiled, he felt like smiling. 
When Rainie looked sick, he desperately wanted to rid her of pain. 
Too bad he couldn't let Rainie know.
Telling Rainie would mean that he's actually telling her that they could be together. 
That shouldn't happen. 
No, that couldn't happen. 
Not if he wanted to save the innocent Rainie. For now, it's probably best that he keep her at arm's length. Of course, that meant that there's a possibility that she would fall for some other guy pursuing her adorable heart. 
Even though Calvin wishes to live happily ever after with Rainie like in all the fairytale stories, there's the sole fact that he could die any day, anywhere, any time. He can't drag Rainie along with him. She doesn’t deserve what he has. 
"Hey, you've got a pet bird?" Rainie asked, going forward to the cage. 
"Yeah, umm, my mom gave it to me." Calvin said quietly. 
Rainie picked up something was wrong. Rainie decided to let the topic drop.
She was startled when Calvin continued talking a second later.
"She died, in an, umm, car crash years ago. This is all I have left of her, the pet she gave me. I never appreciated her enough when she was here, and after she was gone, I finally realized that life is hard without her. I don't even know how I survived for so long." Said Calvin, trying to smile but every time, his forced smile just dropped. 
Rainie couldn't smile even a comforting smile. She felt too bad for him. 
And her heart ached for him. 
“I-I understand how hard it is.” Rainie said gently and walked over to Calvin, patting him on the back-a buddy-buddy gesture. 
He turned around from looking out the wide window to face Rainie. 
‘Do you really?’ He almost asked out loud. Does-or COULD- she understand really how hard it is? 
Rainie watched Calvin as Calvin spaced out and stared at the ground. 
The atmosphere was heavy. 
No sound was heard. 
No voices spoke.
No word was uttered. 
Everything was still, even Calvin and Rainie’s gazes on each other. The connection never broke. 
As if out of nowhere, Rainie couldn’t stand it anymore, she stood on her tippy-toes and kissed Calvin lightly on the lips. 
Calvin screamed ‘no’ on the inside, but couldn’t control his own emotions as he kissed her back.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So Rainie and Calvin got together, but for how long?
First COUPLE