Work to do

Flawless

Danson walked quickly and purposely into his room. He had to finish his homework before tomorrow, and it wasn’t going to be easy. Sure, he had photographic memory and other talents, besides, he was naturally a brainiac, but that didn’t help too much when you have two essays, one hundred math questions, three presentations and a test for every subject coming the next day. Being a brainiac doesn’t mean you aren’t last minute. 
“Well, my fault for procrastinating…” Danson sighed to himself.
Danson stood up holding his pile of textbooks as well as some scrap pieces of paper; he had a habit of not being able to write an essay without jotting down random ideas. 
Charlene stood before him in her pajamas. 
“What are YOU doing in MY room in THAT?” Danson asked, barely asking for an answer as he said “Get out.” 
“Hi to you too Danson,” Charlene said pleasantly, yet sarcastically. 
Danson didn’t even look at her as he settled at his beautifully made wooden desk in a black leather swivel chair. 
“Oh COME ON, Danson, doesn’t your mouth stink after not ever talking?” Charlene asked, walking over to his desk to see him scramble to finish his math homework as he studied for history. 
Then something just occurred to him. “Did you just walk out of my washroom? Don’t you have your own washroom?” 
Charlene’s smile became huge as she said. “Umm, the door’s broken down, and well, Zun and Ella didn’t want be interrupting their little discussion, so I’m living here from now on.” 
Danson’s hand stopped immediately as he turned around to face her. His gaze showed exactly what he was feeling: What the hell? 
And he wasn’t taking it with a smile and pleasant ‘hello.’ 
“Oh god, lighten up, I was just joking, your adorable Ella will be back soon…” Charlene said, trying to gather up all her wet black hair into a pony tail even though she knew it wouldn’t exactly dry that way. Having her hair down was a nuisance. Charlene didn’t understand how other girls could flaunt around having long hair; flipping it back and forth. It bothered Charlene just looking at that. “If she doesn’t run away with Zun to some paradise and live together happily ever after.” Charlene finished, whispering only for herself. 
“What?” Danson asked, irritated. 
“Nothing,” Charlene replied menacingly. She wasn’t in the mood to face up to his obnoxiousness and difficulty. 
Danson, again, wasn’t paying attention. He was focused on his math and history and about everything else. He didn’t have the heart to care about the girl lounging in his room finishing her own English essay. 
“You need help?” Charlene asked as she walked up to Danson’s desk, she had lost interest in her own essay after reading the instructions; it was just too boring. 
Danson didn’t acknowledge her as he knew that even letting her STAY in his room was him being too nice. 
Charlene watched in amazement as Danson finished nearly fifty math questions in less than a minute, and they were multi-step questions.
He didn’t need a calculator. Calculating the square root of 3554667 and multiplying it with 23776990 was just as easy for him to calculate mentally as 3 X 2. 
Charlene got a chair quietly and chose to seat herself beside Danson, where she watched him finish his homework as quickly as possible. 
Charlene grinned as she brought out a piece of lined paper. 
[GOD] was written in huge letter across the front of the handout. Charlene English teacher had given one simple instruction, write about god in an 8 page essay and write WELL. No computer; it has to be hand written. 
Charlene bit her lip, deep in thought. “God is not anything of perfection, nor is it what religions have been telling us for centuries and millennia’s, God is just a word.” 
Danson looked up tiredly two hours later to find Charlene still beside him with a few hundred pieces of crumpled up paper around her. 
Danson blew a breath out from his mouth and looked at his accomplished homework. 
So far, he had finished an essay and two of his presentations, while studying for his history test. 
“No…” Charlene groaned as she crumpled up the piece of paper she was previously writing on and tried to throw it across the room. 
It gave out on top of Danson’s head and fell gently onto his neatly gelled hair. 
Charlene was too frustrated to care.