FRAME

Flawless

 

~~~~~~~~~~

Charlene walked mindlessly around the streets, swallowing every time her dry throat thirsted for the pleasant feeling death would bring. Charlene had never tasted death, but she doesn't want a first. She doesn't want to be a killer. Charlene doesn't want to waste what the man had done for her. 
But wait just one second. 
If he's human, how would he know of the binding? 
How would he know this will happen. 
Umbrellas of various colours floated around the streets, shelter for the humans. Under some were sweet couples, others hurrying home from work and some just lonely. 
As Charlene is. 
Charlene thirsted for the murder of any of these humans...but she held her breath in. She would not hurt anybody. Charlene needed to prove Danson Tang wrong. She DOESN'T need to kill. 
People under the umbrellas peered curiously at the soaking wet Charlene. Charlene didn't shiver; Charlene didn't bow down; Charlene didn't smile. A smile doesn't seem something that appeared often on Charlene's face after the day her mother left. Her fake mother. 
A green umbrella provided Charlene shelter from the heavy rain as a man stood out behind her. 
"Are you okay?" He asked politely, probably mistaking her for a mental patient. 
"I-I'm fine." Charlene stuttered, gritting her teeth. 
"Then why are you walking around under the heavy rain? Is it a break-up with your boy-friend?" He asked. 
"No. Are you okay? Why are you talking to a complete stranger? Are you not afraid? I could be a serial murderer, walking in the rain to capture the attention of kind passer-bys as yourself." Charlene said. 
"I am not afraid. If you eat me, you eat me. If I'm your prey and you're my predator, it is only the right thing to do, is it not? If this is the food chain, then I can only bow down to it." The man said with a kind smile. Charlene didn't understand, did he suspect something? 
"Well, I-I'm fine. Goodbye." Charlene said as she backed away from under the umbrella and into the pouring rain. 
The man only walked forward and followed Charlene until Charlene couldn't help but stop when the light went from green to red. 
"I'm FINE!" Charlene said. 
"You might want to take a look at yourself before you say that." Said the man, Charlene her lips. 
'It isn't MY fault. He keeps following ME." Charlene thought, warming as his arm brushed by hers. She could sense him. 
Charlene's lips trembled. Her teeth bit down upon her own scarlet lips. Tears burst from her eyes as she tried to deny the craving for his death. 
Only a second later did Charlene understand, she had not been holding in the thirst, she has been holding in tears. Tears that now broke freely from her protective stance. Charlene cried and cried, the man next to her patting lightly on her shoulders. 
The red light turned green. 
Charlene carried her head to face the sky, she only let the rain camouflaged her crystal tears. Why did it have to be her? Why did Charlene have to be one to accept such a fate? WHY did this man seem so tasty? His warm blood could become cold. His heart beat could stop. His smile could be frozen...
"CHARLENE!!!!!" Screamed a voice from the direction of the flying rain. 
The light turned red. 
"Char...umm, what're you doing here?" Asked Jiro, behind him stood Danson Tang and Zun. Jiro looked worried as he took a look at the man beside me. 
Then I realized something, that man was now on the ground, clutching his neck. Charlene's hands were tightened into claws. 
"I-I..." Charlene looked from the man on the ground to Jiro, then back. "I-I hurt him. I...I was going to kill him! Jiro, JIRO!!! I WAS GOING TO KILL HIM!!!"Charlene screamed, her cries even more pronounced. 
Jiro tried to calm Charlene down as Zun offered her his jacket. 
Charlene wasn't exactly in the mood to care about a jacket, but once it was put around, she stopped shivering and breathed deeply. 
"It isn't your fault Charlene." Said Jiro, his tone serious for once. 
"YES IT IS!!!! IT IS!!!!! I WAS GOING TO KILL HIM!" Charlene screamed, despite all the hard work she put into calming down. 
The man on the ground used his last breath to say one thing "I deserved it." Then smiled as he fell backwards toward the ground. 
Charlene's screaming only increased in volume. Jiro though, could somehow stand the volume and stood by Charlene's side. He had also killed his target today. He couldn't stand the temptation. His target had been a 55 year old man. Jiro couldn't get the pleading look on the old-man's face as the man fell...
Even Zun tried to comfort Charlene. His never in place smile finally showed up. Charlene couldn't see it as she cried, hiccuped and screamed. 
Danson, however, only stood a foot away and looked down at the rain slap hard onto the floor. 
Zun suddenly remembered Danson's talent. 
"Danson, can you get her to faint so we can at least move her into somewhere safer?" Asked Zun quietly. 
"If she's going to move, she's going to move to her own legs and walk there." Danson's lifeless voice answered. 
Zun shook his head. He knew Danson well enough to know that Danson never talked for no reason. Danson never DID anything for no reason. 
"Do you think this would help anyone? Would this help him? You could cry forever and ever, and he wouldn't wake again. Why don't you actually DO something about it? You want to stop killing people, but you stand here and cry on Jiro's shoulder? You want us all to stop killing, yet here you stand, letting it go on. " Danson said fiercely. 
"I-I-*Hiccup*I-" Charlene tried desperately to defend herself, to talk back.
"You can't even talk properly and you think you could do anything to stop BANDS of US?" Danson clenched his teeth and said no more. 
Charlene's tears instantly stopped falling from her eyes. Her hiccuping stopped just moments later. 
But she remained breathing deeply.
"Ummm... let's go." Said Jiro nervously, as if Charlene was going to start crying again. 
Charlene turned, took one more look at the kind man that helped her and followed Jiro away. Zun was on her other side. Danson smirked and kneeled down to touch the side of the man's neck. 
"Obviously." Danson muttered.
Charlene walked into a stone tunnel and listened to the creaks beneath her as she thought back to what happened. 
She had killed a man.
A kind man. 
"Don't blame yourself."Said Jiro, though he was practically screaming at himself from the inside. 
Charlene stayed quiet and wouldn't talk. 
"Come on, SAY SOMETHING. Argue, yell, do something that you would normally do!" Said Zun, it was getting awkward for him too.
Danson sighed impatiently. "Sheesh, would it make you feel better to know that you didn't kill the dude?" Danson said. 
3 pairs of eyes instantly turned to stare at him. 
"Don't try to make me feel better." Charlene said bitterly as she played with her fingers in the darkness. 
"Do I look like I give a damn about whether you're happy or not? I just wish you would feel good enough to walk a little faster." Danson's ice-cold voice said. 
Charlene rolled her eyes. "Can't you even be nice ONCE?" 
"My kindness is not of the discussion right now. The main cause of the man's death was poison. A poison needle was shot into the vein in his neck. Someone wanted you to feel like you killed someone."

~~~~~~~~~~~~