Friends with benefits

Flawless

 

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

“Of all people, you’re dating HER?” Hebe screeched while her face was anxious and threw her hands into the air, not believing what she saw with her own eyes. 
“Calm-down-HEBE-” Jiro said through clenched teeth, glancing around to make sure Genie didn’t hear Hebe. 
“OH MY GOD, how-you-her-she-crazy-WHAT?” Hebe stuttered, but her voice was muffled behind the firm hands of Jiro, which he had thrown over . 
“You misjudge her.” Jiro said calmly. 
“YOU are DREAMING.” Hebe retorted, flinging Jiro’s hands away, but first biting it to make him flinch, since he was trying to hide their entire conversation from Genie, who was obviously eavesdropping from a few steps away. 
He would have yelled it out if they were somewhere else without Genie.
Hebe had stupidly walked into a classroom to see Genie and Jiro making out, with Genie’s hands all over Jiro, but Jiro’s hands were places firmly on his sides. 
After Hebe recovered from the shock, she screamed, loud and clear. 
Then Hebe froze again, staring at Jiro with eyes full of fear, but it was fear FOR him. 
“JIRO, how can you be so-so-STUPID? She has a freaking RECORD!!! She does freaking drugs!!! She’s an addict!!!! Jiro-” Hebe started yelling random phrases, still staring at Jiro wildly. 
Jiro had looked impatient, the first time he had ever shown any emotion other than happiness and positivity. 
But shouldn’t he be looking defensive-for Genie’s sake-instead of impatient if he really cared for Genie? 
“We like each other, that’s all.” Jiro said soothingly, trying to calm Hebe down, his usual personality leaking out. 
“But you CAN’T!!!!” Hebe screeched at the top of her voice, tears b over the lids of her eyes. 
“No-no, Hebe, don’t CRY!!!!” Jiro said, in hysterics himself, forgetting altogether about the pretty, but dangerous girl standing hardly 2 meters away from them. 
“It’s SO scary Jiro; I don’t want to see you with her!!! Before you know it, you’ll-you’ll turn into someone like HER. I don’t want to see you do drugs!! I don’t want you dying!!!” Cried Hebe like a little kid alone on the streets, having lost her way after losing her mother. 
“Hebe, it’s OKAY, you and I both know I’m not that kind of person!!” Jiro said, trying to make his tone loud enough so that Hebe will hear it over her own sobs. 
“Then what are you doing with her?” asked Hebe, suddenly calm, and her voice demanding. 
Hebe watched as a spark of guilt flashed through Jiro’s eyes, and then disappeared. 
“Because I like her,” Jiro answered as the same calm tone crept back into his voice. 
“No you don’t.” Hebe instantly said back to Jiro. Her tone was so sure and confident that Jiro didn’t know what to say back to her for a second. 
“How do YOU know?” Jiro asked quietly, trying hard to conjure up the confidence Hebe had, but the confidence was all lost when the question was formed and spilled out of his mouth. 
It was as if opening his mouth at all had leaked out all his confidence, almost like a balloon with a hole. 
“There are several reasons, and I don’t feel it necessary to list them at a time like this, but I’m quite sure that we both know what I said is the truth. Don’t try to lie, Jiro; you’re not that good at it.” Hebe finished her mini-speech and picked up her dropped backpack. 
She was stepping out the room when she turned back towards Jiro, who stood his ground and didn’t move at all. “And if it’s a midnight snack you’re looking for, I don’t know if I should say ‘BRAVO’ or ‘Ewww…’” Hebe smirked and left, but first glancing harshly in Genie’s direction. 
Hebe had even SEEN Genie get it on-high-with her own, purely innocent eyes. 
Jiro stood there staring at the dirty ground. 
Genie looked around energetically, or may I say, a little TOO energetically? 
The traces of crack could be found in the nose of Genie for anybody that bothered to try and look.