Understood

Flawless

“Yes, she was one of the fighters.” Danson said without feeling in his voice. 
“But-but-but that means, that means-”
“Yeah, she was using you and she betrayed you.” Danson cut in, annoyed that someone REALLY stutters when they’re in shock. That had never happened to HIM. 
Zun was sitting on his bed, holding his head with his hand. “No…” He moaned to himself. 
Danson hesitated. How was he supposed to comfort Zun? Wait, what was he thinking? He NEVER comforted people. 
Danson was not big on the whole “showing compassion” thing. 
Maybe the reason he’s not so into it is because he never tried it. 
“Also, I found out that her ‘people’ had known of her love for you, and that they were on the chase for her, but I think she would rather have you kill her, since she loved YOU. So she tempted you into killing her. I also think she didn’t want to hurt other people, so since she would die anyways, she would rather she dies instead of someone else that doesn’t HAVE to.” 
Guess Danson REALLY doesn’t know how to make someone feel better. 
Wouldn’t it have been better to just let Zun think that it was right for him to kill her because she had betrayed him?
“That doesn’t make you better, does it?” Danson asked a second later. 
“Actually, no, no it doesn’t.” Zun answered his mind somewhere else. 
“She left a letter for you though. She gave it to her sister, but her sister didn’t want to give it to you, so… well, here it is.” Danson finished quickly, handing over the letter to Zun. Since when did Danson Tang become so…caring? The term sent shivers down Danson’s spine. Caring about someone made that someone your weak link, and Danson doesn’t let anything get to him. 
“Thanks.” Zun said slowly, he drawled as if he had been drinking. Was Danson supposed to pat Zun on the shoulder or something at a moment like this? 
Danson didn’t do it; instead, he moved back and said, “It isn’t your fault she died. There’s a reason she didn’t tell you.” 
Then, Danson left the room quietly. 
Zun was brought out the current situation as he smiled. Was Danson Tang trying to make him feel better? 
Then Zun’s eyes fell on the letter and his smile dropped. Tears that threatened but didn’t fall when Danson was in there with him fell helplessly down his cheeks. 
“Are-are you ok?” Ella asked as she was kind of frightened since she saw tears streaming down his cheeks. 
In truth, Ella’s heart ached for him. She had felt the same kind of terrible pain when her boyfriend dumped/cheated on her. 
Zun had been the busy remembering the past that he didn’t realize the door was open, and that someone had been watching him quietly past the door. 
“I’m fine,” said Zun as he gritted his teeth together with a loud “Clack.” 
Even without invitation, Ella walked into Zun’s room and closed the door with a slight “clasp” as it locked. 
“Leave me alone for once, will ya?” Zun asked aggressively, mad not at Ella, but at how everything seems to be going wrong. 
Ella sat next to Zun on the bed and just stared at him. 
Zun didn’t know why, but just someone’s presence made him feel a little less lonely. 
Zun didn’t need someone to hug him and kiss him…he needed someone who understood to sit next to him and help him take away some of the negativity. 
Ella was someone that truly understood what it was like to be lonely and betrayed. 
Zun curled up into a ball and hugged his knees to his chest. Ella just sat there as a sponge and swallowed all his bad things for him. 
After almost an hour of just sitting there, Ella moved forward and pat him on the back. “HE was right, why do you think she didn’t tell you? Crying about it helps, but facing it is the key to solving it. Why do you think I’m alive now?”
Zun looked at her, but didn’t speak. 
“Do you think it is easy bringing up a child when you yourself, have barely left that stage in your own life? Do you think it’s easy to swallow all the discrimination others give you for being a teen mother? I survived because I know that there’s always the future to look forward to, what’s made is made. At least now I know what this world is made of- people that help and love you, while others only step on you then move on.” Ella let out a bitter smile as she thought back to her young son. She wondered how Eddie would be doing if he was still alive. 
A tear dropped from her eyes. 
Now it was Zun’s turn to be amazed and feel bad for her. 
Ella Chen had let out a tear; he thought it would be impossible for something like that to happen in this world. 
Guess not. 
“Why do you hate humans so much?” Zun asked suddenly, facing Ella. 
Ella looked at the bed sheet as she answered slowly. Why did she actually feel like she trusted Zun? Was it because they’ve gone through similar things? 
“First of all, the one I thought loved me left me for some random girl he met on the street, then came back to apologize, get me pregnant, and at the end, left again, never to be seen again. Secondly, it was those cruel humans that kidnapped Eddie and…and…and…killed him when I said I couldn’t possibly be able to get 15 million in 3 hours. He was crying and yelling ‘mommy’ when a gun shot was heard, and he immediately stopped crying. He had just turned 4 the day before.” Ella said, crying once again. She remembered how she had cried day and night after that incident. 
“The HUMAN police had said they would save him, and they never did. Humans can’t possibly look at US and call US monsters, look beside them, look out the window onto the streets; their kind is way more horrifying.” Ella continued, getting more upset. 
Zun stopped feeling bad for himself for the second and patted Ella on the back as he watched her cry. He had never seen this side of Ella Chen before. She must be one of the strongest yet most fragile woman he had ever met. 
“Umm…” Charlene’s voice came from the door as she accidentally walked into her room at an awkward time. 
Charlene’s jaw was dropped as she realized how weird this situation was: Ella was crying, Zun was peeling away his cold exterior and trying hard to make her feel better. 
“I…just came back to take a shower and clean up…” Charlene glanced at the washroom with its door ripped off the hinges and on the ground. 
“I guess I won’t be doing that…” Charlene muttered. 
“Umm, sorry for interrupting your, umm, umm, CONVERSATION, I’ll umm, uh, be gone now.” Charlene said awkwardly as she walked slowly backwards towards the door with both Ella and Zun’s gaze on her. 
“Wait. The door is kind of my fault, so, here’s my room key: you can take a shower there.” Ella said kindly, throwing her key towards Charlene. 
The world had seriously changed. Ella was being nice to CHARLENE????
“You’re not sick are you, like with cancer or something?” Charlene asked. 
Zun and Ella both smiled a small smile. “No, we’re all better now.” 
Charlene realized how Zun had said ‘WE’RE.’ 
“Yeah, well, umm, thanks.” Charlene said, shaking her head slightly and nearly running out the room. 
Ella and Zun smiled at each other. 
“Thanks.” They said at the same time.