The Mate Ritual

Flawless

Hey, I'm back with ANOTHER chapter!!!! :D

_______________________________________________


~~~~~~~~~

Charlene stepped out behind Jiro into a wooden hallway. A wooden hallway where only the most dim of lights stood. They traveled in a straight line, and no one dared step out of line. Well, all besides Danson Tang. Danson walked slowly behind all of them, but no one mistaked how The Bow Tie Man seemed to look at Danson first to see if he wanted to lead.
Charlene was confused at the moment. But what she was most confused at the moment about was how Danson Tang never looked into anybody's eyes. Charlene hit her head, wasn't there more important stuff she should worry about now?
"I don't know why either." Whispered Jiro in front of her.
Charlene glared at him. "Stop that." She said between her teeth.
"Alright...sheesh. Just don't look me in the eye."
"I wasn't looking you in the eye." Charlene said. "You're in front of me!"
"Oh wait...my bad. You were saying it out loud." Laughed Jiro.
"Yep, we also heard." Said Hebe, in front of Jiro.
Charlene slapped her head.
"That means... Maybe HE doesn't want you to read his mind!" Said Charlene...a little too loudly. Danson smiled his cold smile, but didn't look up.
"But why would he not look anybody ELSE in the eye too?" Asked Selina.
"Well, don't ASK ME! Yeah, you ask me, I'll ask the ghost." Charlene said sarcastically.
They all walked into a huge wooden room with bare walls...and bare floors...and, well, pretty much bare everything. The Teacher, Cherron, stood in the centre of the room, both arms at his side.
"Hello." He said as a wicked sneer stretched across his face.
"Young masters, today is the day of the Mate Ritual." Said The Bow tie man.
Danson laughed sarcastically to himself. "Do you really think THEY will listen to what you order them to do? I believe their gifts may even be more powerful than yours. As you have told them yourself...the older you get...the weaker you are."
A spark of hope fluttered into Charlene's eyes.
"Young Master...They have no choice. Don't forget, we can activate the black raven at any time." Said Cherron.
"I think YOU have forgotten Cherron. Once the Black Raven is activated once, another dose is needed to control them once more." Danson said.
Charlene's smile showed up on her face. Danson was trying to tell them how to escape without the knowing of Cherron. 'Maybe Danson isn't as bad as he seems.' Thought Charlene.
"Of course, but we know we can count on you Young Master. You were what got them to drink it in the first place." Said Cherron.
Ok, maybe not THAT nice.
"I have my ways." Said Danson dangerously.
Charlene's nice thoughts about Danson instantly took a 360 degrees turn.
"Well, might as well carry on." Said Danson, a smirk on his face.
"Ok, as the Teacher, it is my responsibility to tell all of you all you need to know. And as for today, I am going to tell you of our mating rituals. As they are young, many of us are given a partner in ritual like this one. That is who they will have a child with. Because of the fact that we do not love, you won't fall in love with someone and date them. But we can't risk not getting a next generation...so we will pair you up. " Said the Teacher calmly.
Charlene stared at him. "What the hell? You can't con...control us." Charlene's voice broke at the word 'control'. Obviously, because they could control them.
Cherron raised his eyebrows matter-of-factly.
Just then, a guy and a girl walked calmly into the room.
"Teacher." They said together, then bowed. "We're here."
Charlene looked them over and grimaced. They were one of them...obviously.
"Alright, we will get going since Zun and Ariel are here." Said Cherron, his face serious.
"I refuse to do this kind of useless bull. I don't care who the hell you are, you're not telling me what to do." Charlene said.
Zun and Ariel turned to laugh coldly in Charlene's direction.
"You refuse? I don't think that's good enough." Said Ariel, her seductive voice welcoming to all the males in the room. Zun only smiled bitterly as he looked down at the shorter than him Charlene as Ariel looked quite weirded-out.
"You're brave, but a little too stupid...do you really think YOU could stop US? Ha, keep dreaming little girl." Said Zun, but the bitterness remained in his voice. Zun faced Charlene and narrowed his eyes. He sniffed the air for one second. "You're mortal."
Charlene nearly recoiled as she heard the tone he used. He disliked mortals, as Ella did too. Charlene reminded herself of the dandelion and stood with her head high. She didn't reply. Charlene almost smiled when she noticed this annoyed him even more.
The icy silence was broken when a horrible screech got closer and closer, then landing on the shoulder of Danson Tang.
It was a crow.
The teacher looked at the Crow and shook his head. The RAVEN was their sacred animal, but as Danson was rebellious, he decided to rebel against the sacred animal too.
Cherron sighed and everybody's heads turned to him.
"Zun, Ariel...this is my daughter. She is half mortal." Said The teacher, his voice silencing.
Zun only smirked and Ariel didn't even give a damn. So that's why the new girl is so brave, she's got a strong background.
"You're not my father. I don't have a mother. There is no need for either, I can stand on my own." Charlene said, hoping the words would tell Cherron her feelings of being so alone in the world since young.
It didn't.
Cherron turned his head to look at Danson Tang. Danson nodded.
Everybody else just stood back and silently listened. Charlene's gaze bore into them as they stared at the ground uncomfortably.
"Firstly, it will be...Hebe and Arron."
Hebe and Arron looked at each other and let out a sigh of relief. At least they knew each other...they could be friends and act as if they COULDN'T have baby. They could...right?
"Ariel and Jiro."
Jiro forced a smile onto his face. A smile that was usually natural is suddenly weaker...and suddenly needed a huge push to actually start working.
Ariel only clicked here tongue.
"Isn't he younger than me?" She asked Disgustedly.
"Why yes I am." Jiro answered sarcastically, hoping that the tone was enough to make her back away.
"Whatever, so you a ?" She asked.
Jiro nearly choked on his own saliva.
"Who are you to ask me?" He said. He couldn't help but not be as happy. He didn't like this girl already.
"Your soon to be bed-mate." She said matter-of-factly. Jiro shivered as he listened to the way she spoke of ual ...as if it was a game and she was not losing.
Ariel laughed at Jiro's red cheeks. She thought he was blushing.
Jiro turned away as he looked around the room, his eyes pleading.
Arron shrugged innocently and looked away as if to say "Sorry!"
Hebe bit her lip as she looked deeply into his eyes. She was communicating. "Good Luck!" She had said.
Charlene grinned as she thought "RUN!"
Jiro pouted cutely and shuffled his body so he faced Charlene. Charlene sighed as she walked up to her father.
"I have a question, TEACHER." She said rudely.
"What is it Charlene?" Asked Cherron, his tone flat.
"Why is it that we must be forced against our will to have with our own species when YOU can go around doing it with mortal women?"
"Because I killed her after she had you." Cherron said without expression.
"What do you mean? Mom-" Charlene's eyes opened wide as she stared at her father with the deepest of disgust.
"You killed her and replaced her with some other woman? You paid her to go away so I will be sad and YOU will be able to take this chance and attack me." Charlene said, her voice cracking. Charlene's fist came up from her side and hit Cherron on the left cheek. No bruise was apparent.
Ariel kicked into action and ran with incredible speed towards Charlene, picking Charlene up and throwing her across the room. Charlene hit the opposite wall with a loud bang and dark red blood gushed from her arm.
She had broken it and Ariel had cut Charlene when picking Charlene up. Arron stared at the wound but it did not heal.
"Why is it not working?" Arron said, frustrated.
"She's half mortal...she must be like, some new species, therefore your talent does not work on her." Said Selina.
"Ugh!" Arron said angrily.
Charlene held her broken arm and walked up to Cherron. "Why?" She said, fighting herself to remain calm.
Cherron ignored her as he turned to Danson. "Young master, you are with Ella."
Danson didn't even look up, but instead pet his pure black crow. He drew a dagger out of his sleeve as Cherron walked away and carved mindlessly, a broken heart. Blood oozed out then dried in a second, lastly turning back to his usual pale skin tone.
Charlene her lip as she thought "Emo."
Danson's crow screeched at Charlene and Charlene took a step back.
Ella, feeling ignored, stomped up the Danson.
Cherron cleared his throat and once again held the attention of everybody else. "And of course, Charlene will go with Zun. Dismissed."

~~~~~~~

By the way, just cause they are paired up like that doesn't mean this is how they end up~
just saying.
By the way, Ariel is just a guest appearance...lol, i know i have lots of guest appearances.

~BLUE_STAR