ADMITTING

Flawless

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Danson jumped defensively in front of Charlene as Charlene's face started to glow red. One side was a tomato red due to her embarrassment. She had just interrupted a conversation between Danson and his MOTHER. The other side stung as it glowed a sickly red. 
"Don't you dare hit her." Danson growled, "I have no mother, don't go around everywhere admitting people to be your son, go back to the mental ward." 
"Don't you DARE speak to your mother this way!" Screamed Danson's mother. 
Danson coughed but continued to hold his defensive stance in front of Charlene, almost tucking her head into his back. 
But for the moment, Charlene didn't exactly think of moving back or away. 
Ella was too caught up in the drama. 
Danson scoffed to try to hide the fact that he was coughing a second ago. "You heard me. I dared, now what?"
"You-" Danson's mother's face was flushed red hot with her anger. 
"I?" Mocked Danson, hand moving back to make sure Charlene was still there. 
"People usually burst a vessel when they get to mad!" Charlene whispered to herself, but her body was still frozen in place. 
"Is she dies, it'll just be in our favor." Whispered Danson jokingly back to Charlene. 
Charlene's gasp only made Danson smile. 
Then Charlene realized, Danson still had the mood to be sarcastic at a time like this. 
"DANSON TANG YOU UNGRATEFUL CHILD-" 
"I'm not a child and certainly not your's, therefore you have no right to judge whether I am ungrateful or not." Danson replied, his smile drained away from his face in half a Milli-second. 
"Good bye forever, never send me those stupid letters on pink paper ever again." Danson said, giving his mother one last cold glance. 
Danson turned around and was about to walk and only ran into Charlene. 
He rolled his eyes and grasped Charlene around the shoulders, dragging her along. 
Danson hit the back of Ella's head. 
Ella quickly thawed from being frozen in place because of all the drama. 
Danson was even MORE than SHE thought. 
It was when Charlene was dragged into Danson's room and sat on the soft sofa that what happened hit her. 
"You just your own mother." Charlene said, not particularly liking the one she had for this many years anyways. 
"I have no mother." Danson repeated what he said earlier to his mother. 
Charlene was not stupid. Charlene understood how Danson didn't seem to want to talk anymore about this. 
Ella didn't get the hint. 
"Danson Tang, that's the juiciest gossip I've got about you-might as well tell the world." Ella said happily, she was obviously still angry about the not-liking her thing. 
The moment she made eye-contact with Danson she fell to the floor. 
"Well, she's not spreading anything for a while." Charlene said, shrugging. 
"No, she's NEVER going to spread anything." Danson said, walking into the kitchen. 
"YOU KILLED HER? YOU-HOW-"
"She won't remember anything about this, that's all." Danson said. 
"So I'm guessing you're going to do the same to me?" Charlene asked. 
Danson's gaze proved it all. She did not fall to the ground. 
"I believe YOU won't spread the word." Danson said.
Charlene smiled. 
"How did you find me? Or follow me?" Danson asked. 
"Oh, I followed Ella. I saw her sneaking out at around 9:40 as I came out of the washroom."
Danson took a look and recognized the pink paper on a nearby counter. 
"Here." Danson said as he handed Charlene an ice pack. 
"Do people our kind serve THIS instead of drinks?" Charlene asked wondrously. 
"To people who just got slapped on the face we do." Danson said matter-of-factly as he pointed to his cheek to indicate what he meant. 
"Oh! Owww..." Charlene moaned as she noticed again the pain in her left cheek. 
"You can get something to drink if you prefer to." Danson said, moving to his bed and started taking his jacket off. 
"ARE YOU CHANGING?"Asked Charlene, jaws dropping open. 
"No, I'm EATING." Said Danson sarcastically.
"Shut up." Charlene answered menacingly before nearly running out the room. 
Danson smiled as he thought back to Charlene's innocence. She had not seen enough of this world, even if she did go through many things. 
Danson went to sleep with an almost-smile on his face.
Ella slept with her face to the carpet the entire night.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~