Gifted

Flawless

Charlene blinked several times. The light never dissapeared. Charlene waved her arms around and tried desperately to get up.
"Do your legs feel heavy?" Asked a voice directly in front of her.
"No." Replied Charlene.
"Do you wish to leave?"
"No."
"Are you Charlene Choi?"
"No."
", are you alive?"
"No."
"Alright, she's conscious and not insane yet. She's like, blind and she's still in the mood to play us." Said the voice. Charlene's hands clutched her dry throat as suddenly, a warm sensation overcame her. But the pain nor the thirst for water left.
Then she recognized that the voice that was talking to her was Arron's.
"Was that Arron?" Charlene asked, somehow, she believed this was a critical question.
"Yep, he's a doctor." Hebe answered.
"Are you feeling alright, Charlene?" Asked Selina's voice.
"I'm fine...Wait..." A thought had just occurred to Charlene. How did Selina know her name? "How do you know my name?"
Selina and the others all sent a gaze toward each other.
"You were repeating a certain letter several times in your dreams. Then, at the end of the letter, you would say 'I'm Charlene Choi, and I stand up strong.'" Selina said, Charlene didn't mistake the pity in Selina's eyes, or the hint of a smile showing up on Ella's face, liking the fact that Charlene, herself, admitted to being weak. Charlene's thoughts were just as strong even without her sense of sight. She could have GUESSED that.
All of them sat in silence as Charlene stared into space, not being able to see anything.
When the light started to evaporate into thin air, everybody else was asleep, but Charlene stood up, almost instinctively.
"Holy ." Was Charlene's first impression of what they found "a gift".
Jiro gasped, his eyes widening-either in horror, or in surprise.
Everybody moved sleepily over to crowd around Charlene and Jiro.
"What is it?" Arron drawled sleepily. Hebe yawned. Selina blinked a few times to clear her eyes. Ella just stood there, nodding off. She didn't give a damn about the human girl.
"Wow, that's cool, Charlene. Why so stressed?" Asked Jiro.
"I don't know...it just seems weird."
"Well, that's the only negative I can see." Jiro said after a moment.
"Wait...you can-"
"READ MINDS." Everybody said together.
"Well, only minds of people...like us." Said Jiro uncomfortably. Charlene noticed the way Jiro's head bowed down un-confidently, as if he was breaking rules by just saying that.
But Charlene wasn't known for just giving up, even if it creates havoc.
"Our kind of people?" Charlene asked.
"Yes, WE ARE A DIFFERENT KIND, A NEW SPECIES. No, we're better. The missing heart...the unnatural abilities...the rareness...we are none other than-"
"That's enough, Ella." Said a voice from the door.
Lights filled the room as everyone blinked to get the spots of black out of their eyes. Charlene was surprised, what was happening seconds before suddenly disappeared.
"Jiro...I think it was all my imagination." She whispered. Charlene somehow wanted that feeling-that gift to last, despite all the effort she was putting in to be normal.
Jiro laughed. "Try WANTING it. Don't think about it, just want it." He said.
Charlene closed her eyes and concentrated.
Nothing happened.
"Oh well, I don't know what else I can do."
Charlene looked around at everybody. All she saw of them before was their silhouette, but just as Charlene thought, their personalities matched their looks. Jiro had a happy face, all smiles and such. His eyes twinkled as he looked around- like her.
Arron was very...good looking. Just as it suited his voice and personality- prince charming...rich, a doctor...smart... His smile was...sweet but PRINCE like. He seemed like the kind to read the morning newspapers and to follow all rules. Too much of a GOOD BOY?
Selina DID look wise. Her smile was knowing and her eyes were caring, but the way she looked and talked...you could tell she's not even bothering to hide her probably unhappy past.
Hebe was energetic and spirited. You could tell exactly that from the way her face showed numerous expressions as she looked across the room. By the way, she nearly BOUNCED over to meet everybody personally-actually seeing how they look.
Ella's featured were edgy and showed individuality. She was smiling, but her eyes were alert as she peered around the room. The whole room felt the intensity that arose from Charlene and Ella when both gazes met.
Charlene didn't even bother smiling. Charlene's jaws clenched, her body bracing itself for fight: a defensive motion.
Charlene turned around quickly as a shadow moved from the corner of the room. This particular person had been silent the entire time she was here, not uttering a word, not even breathing too loudly. This person was none other than Danson Tang.
Everybody else stared when they saw Danson Tang. They had not seen Danson either. The simple truth was: Danson was here first.
Danson with his pale skin, mysterious smile and cold eyes could make anybody shiver at the sight of him. HE was what somebody could call a monster. A beautiful yet dangerous creature. His silence throughout the entire time had proved this, he had the patience and the talent to be a great predator.
Danson didn't look anybody in the eyes, nor did he look like he cared. He leaned back onto the plain white wall and closed his eyes. He disliked the light. The light was when all lies were to be seen, when all signs of darkness was overpowered by the sunny light.
Danson sighed. A 67 Kg man was walking towards him. Smile on his face, friendly eyes-it was none other than Jiro Wang. The happy one in the group.
Danson's eyes opened when Jiro was two steps away from him. But Danson didn't look Jiro in the eyes.
"Hi, I'm Jiro!" Said Jiro happily. The smile on his face was not seen by Danson Tang, but it WAS sensed however.
"Danson Tang." Danson said.
"Umm...so...I guess you're not much of a talker." Said Hebe.
"Not much, no." Danson said.
His cold voice echoed back from the walls of the room. Nobody talked as they stared at Danson Tang.
"Ms.Charlene Choi, Teacher wishes to see you." Said a voice from the door.
Charlene didn't understand everybody's scared faces as the man in a bow tie before her mentioned this "teacher" guy.
"Who's this 'teacher'?" Charlene Asked, her eyes boring into the man before her.
"The teacher." Said The man matter-of-factly.
"Just go." Said Jiro.
"I don't give a damn. I'm not going to entertain some psycho that thinks taking people's hearts out is FUN." Said Charlene.
"What if that Psycho is me?" Said another man, coming up behind the man in a bow tie.
"All the reason not to." Charlene said, glaring at the man.
Everybody else's breaths caught.