Unfocused

Flawless

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Charlene and JJ were both smiling as they got pizza and went back to the apartment. Through the chewing of pizza, they kept sneaking glances at each other. 
“GOD, I’ve been DYING!!!!” Show grumbled hungrily, totally forgetting about the other two and of course, taking no notice of their sudden addiction to looking at each other. 
Charlene and JJ chewed silently on the tasty pizza as they thought back to what was happening earlier. They both blushed. 
Show was practically INHALING the pizza. 
Charlene looked up to catch JJ’s eye. There are still many unanswered questions. Charlene looked back down as she felt Show’s gaze on her. 
“I’m going to tutor Char for World Issues, okay Show?” JJ said, standing up and collecting his plate. 
“Yeah, whatever,” Show answered, still scarfing down pizza, and not even leaving crumbs. 
“Come on,” JJ said as he instinctively reached for Charlene’s hand, then he realized what he was doing and dropped his hand to his side. 
Charlene followed obediently behind JJ into his room with her pizza. 
Charlene sat on his soft and warm bed munching on pizza as JJ sat in front of his computer and powered it up. 
“We’re not talking about World Issues, are we?” Charlene asked, though she knew the answer to this question. 
JJ turned around and thought about giving Charlene a sarcastic look, but he could only smile and think back to when he kissed her. 
Charlene lay back on JJ’s pillow and thought back to how cute JJ looked when he was sleeping peacefully. 
She just HAD to ruin it by touching his cheek and waking him up. 
“What are you thinking about?” JJ asked, peering at Charlene beneath his eyelashes. 
“Nothing much,” Charlene replied, scratching her head, not understanding how he could read her so easily. 
“You were thinking aloud.” JJ smiled. 
“I do that a lot.” Charlene muttered under her breath. “I have to stop as soon as possible.” 
“I heard that.” JJ teased. “It’s cute, you’re cute.” 
Charlene grew terribly red. 
The strong, stubborn Charlene Choi is a girl after all. 
JJ turned back to his computer as he signed into his account, but once he logged on, he got off his swivel chair and walked over to Charlene and sat beside her on the bed. 
“I’m sure you have a billion plus more questions?” JJ said with a hint of a smile on his face. 
Charlene nodded, not trusting her voice. 
JJ pulled the adorable Charlene into a hug and gave her a kiss on the cheek. 
As JJ’s computer screen beeped on, he instantly went over to his computer. 
Charlene missed his hug already. 
“How’re you going to answer my questions? And, most importantly…do-do you know what…what I am?” Charlene asked quietly, secretly hoping his answer to the last question would be ‘nope, what, aren’t you human?’ 
“You’re not a ‘what’ Charlene. You’re who I like, and WHO you are is the only thing that matters to me. I’m pretty sure you and I have similar questions for each other. But yes, I do know what you are forced to do.”
“Do you still-”
“Yes, I still like you.” JJ finished confidently. 
“How long have you known?” Charlene asked, bowing her head and looking at the ground. 
“I’ve known since you touched my cheek with your hand.” JJ answered. 
“How did you know?” Charlene whispered.
JJ stared out the window at the birds as he thought of how to reply to Charlene. 
He moved closer to Charlene and continued the conversation in a mysterious whisper. “Let me explain more clearly: I’ve known of your existence since I was young, so I’ve known about you guys for quite a long time. I found out that it was you that I bounded…but I can’t exactly explain the weird feeling I got when I first bumped into you in the hallway.” 
Charlene was silent as she gripped the comforter on the bed with her hand. 
“You know of the bond…but you can’t be-you-”
“No, I am not like you, but I do know, and as if why I know, that’s what I’m trying to explain to you now.” 
Charlene was quiet as she walked up to the computer where JJ sat. She put her hands on the back of his chair as she peered at the computer screen. 
JJ guided her to sit on his lap as he opened up some files. Charlene sat quietly and couldn’t have guessed what was coming next. 
Even at a time as important as this, Charlene felt her cheek go red as she remembered she was sitting on JJ’s lap. 
JJ’s left hand was on her waist. 
JJ turned Charlene around to face him as he started talking. “As I’ve heard you say so before, you know what the bound is…”
Charlene nodded eagerly. 
“So no point explaining THAT, to tell the truth though, even I don’t remember what happened that night.”