Graceful exit

Flawless

Hehehe...first chapter!

*sorry if there's any grammer mistakes...

~~~~~~~~~~

Without the truth in her system, Charlene couldn't think straight. Even when Kenneth, the hottest in this school and her crush, stared at her for 3 minutes, Charlene didn't notice. When Charlene got her math test back with 100% on the front, she didn't care.
Her mother had worked as a e.
Her mother had bought home an evil boyfriend.
Her mother went into hiding along with her boyfriend and all of Charlene's university money. 4 years of blood sweat money stolen...from her own mother. Charlene wanted to know why so badly, but she was afraid of what the truth was.
And now, there's another problem added on top of these others. Charlene's evil father has come back after never once looking at her for, well, her entire life. His fake smile only made Charlene think of retching. That wasn't usual for Charlene. Charlene was usually a NICE girl...until now.
"Why would mom do this?" Charlene whispered to herself as the children in the park slid happily down the big, green slide. The whole park reeked of roses. Charlene hated roses, she knows it's unusual for a girl, but Charlene couldn't help it. The plant kind she liked the most was dandelions. Yes, the weed. Charlene's eyes sparkled as she thought back to dandelions.
"Dandelions are strong, no matter how many times you step on it, no matter how many times you pull it out...it always comes back. The dandelion holds an indescribable aura that makes one never forget it. Dandelions never give up, they never lose."
"I want to be that dandelion. The one that never gets cut, the one that's never lost." Charlene said out loud, she couldn't help but want to scream it out loud. The little kids turned their little heads over to face Charlene. One particular boy with dark black hair and dimples smiled at Charlene. Charlene could easily pick him out from all the other kids; one, because he was smiling while the others were just TOO innocently glowering; two, sparkling white teeth shimmered in the sun from his mouth.
Charlene caught herself cringing at the brightness. There was something about that smile that suggested innocence was not of the pure kind, but a role played.
The smile of the boy grew larger as Charlene instinctively clutched her necklace...a necklace that was not there.
Her mother had even taken her wooden cross that had one bright emerald studded in the cross part.
The boy was beside Charlene before Charlene realized he had moved...or that the clouds overhead hung low, almost threatening to collapse on top her.
As if Charlene didn't have enough on her back. As if she wasn't already drowning from all the lies others have thrown at her, or the betrayal that was present.
"Hi! I'm Edison." Said the little boy, his smile still glowing brightly in the darkness.
But Charlene didn't feel cold, nor did she run and hide.
Charlene is standing right here, right now. No one would be able to move her.
"I'm hungry! Want to come to my house for dinner?" Said Edison happily.
"No thanks little boy, I'm not hungry, besides, didn't mommy teach you not to talk to strangers?" Asked Charlene, she couldn't stop her heart from beating faster though.
Charlene wasn't sure, but it seemed as if the boy was almost breathing at the same pace as her heart.
"Come on!" the little boy whined.
"Mommy wouldn't like it." Charlene fiddled miserably with her mind, it wasn't exactly a good day to think for her.
That was a cheesy excuse.
"I don't have mommy." Said the boy, his eyes shone with tears.
Same goes for the both of us...Charlene thought.
The tears that overflowed from the boy's big eyes almost seemed too clear, as if the insides of his body was cleaned with bleach every single day and all things inside him are squeaky clean.
"Well, go home to your daddy. It's getting dark." Charlene sighed, she didn't feel much like talking today. Her mind drifted back to the situation this morning. She had woken up to a silent house.
No mommy and Philip gushing around the house.
No weird soap operas on the t.v. that her mother had watched for every day of her freakin' life.
No loud voice screaming to Charlene asking what she wanted for lunch.
That moment of Charlene's life-as she started to walk down the stairs-froze as she saw the dreaded piece of paper floating softly and land on the soft, warm, red carpet before her.
Her mother never left notes. She usually screamed all things aloud.

Dear Char,
It's mom. I know this is wrong, but you're old enough to understand. I feel trapped with you in my life, I feel as if you are the only reason I'm there at all...it feels wrong. I want to go travel the world with Philip. I don't want to have something I have to take care of. Don't blame me, it's not my fault. You know I love you very much, just not enough to change who i am-a woman that loves freedom. I hate having a daughter. I just thought I would just say that, considering we're on some kind of "Truth Game" here. It's not you that I hate, it's the fact that you're my daughter. I'm only 33. Don't look for me. You'll never find me anyways, but you may notice that some of your money was...borrowed by me. I brought you up, it's about time you returned some of it. Don't pick up the phone- just a last minute tip.

-Meroline Mernies

P.s. People already bought the house. You might want to move out before they move in tomorrow.

Charlene was by herself from that on, until that afternoon at least...when her father called. Right after a gang leader called to say Philip owed them some hundred million. They weren't leaving to travel the world happily...they were hoping to hide from the debts.
Charlene's own mother would rather have her daughter get rid of the debts. She would rather her 17 year old daughter die.
But Charlene's father's call was WAY more surprising. Charlene never really LOVED her mother anyway.
"I love you." Was not a statement that echoed through the Choi household. Even though Charlene knew her mother must always whisper that seductively into the ears of Philip's...never did her mother ever even ask her if she was doing well. But even so, Charlene thought she could trust her mom. After all, she only has one mom, right? Well, now, she has none. None that she think of.
Hell yeah, Charlene was mad. Who wouldn't be.
The father's call...
"Char? It's me."
Charlene didn't even hesitate or ask for who it was. She had dreamed everyday when she was young for this moment to come.
But she didn't call out "Daddy!" Like she wanted to do everyday when she was young.
Charlene had grown up, and as her age increased, her hope was diminished.
She didn't need a mother anymore.
She never needed a father.
Charlene didn't hang up though, instead, her jaws clenched as her fingers knitted into the soft couch where she was napping a second before, exhausted by the day's events.
So far.
The little boy's hand startled Charlene out of her thoughts.
She stared down at the kid, but felt as if he was looking down at her.
His gaze suggested a lot more than one's of a 5 year old's.
The surprisingly strong and firm grip on Charlene's hand didn't make her shrink back, but it did make the blood circulation stop at her wrist. Charlene could feel the bottom half of her body fall numb.
The boy was thrown away from her. And then, as if it was the easiest thing in the world, the man in front of her gripped his pale hands on the boy's neck. The boy's face seemed to gleam with sweat, but Charlene blinked once and his face was just changing colours.
Changing colours.
The boy's breath fell short as his eyes seemed to grow bigger and his smile twisted into a sneer.
The man in front of Charlene seemed to squeeze tighter onto the head of the boy. The boy's head seemed to almost have popped before the truth was revealed.
The boy was now a man. A man of Charlene's age with pale white skin and crimson lips. His eyebrows were raised as he stared in Charlene's direction.
Charlene was not scared.
"Finally come to aid the one you have been neglecting for years?" Sneered the once-boy.
"No, I just dislike you." Said the man.
Charlene almost gasped out loud at the last two lines of conversation.
"You know you won't be able to make the impossible happen." continued the Man.
"Of course, I just needed to see you so I can report to my master." The once-boy grinned evilly before scurrying away so fast Charlene, again, hardly noticed he moves.
"Char...you know I didn't want to." Said the man.
"Stop Lying." Charlene whispered.
"You wouldn't talk to me." Claimed the Man.
"You never even tried to call."
The man's eyes blinked as if holding back tears.
A high-pitched screech filled the air as Charlene was attacked from behind and met unconsciousness. It just got darker.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Sorry, none of Fahrenheit, S.H.E, Danson Tang or JJ Lin is present yet...they will be soon! Edison Chen is a guest appearance. I just needed a name. Read on...

 

Post soon.

 

-BLUE_STAR