LOVER

Flawless

 

~~~~~~~~~~

When Charlene awoke, a twisting pain erupted from her stomach. Her body, however, broke out in an unbearable burning sensation. Every single millimeter of skin, flesh, bones BURNED. A look at her skin proved it. She was deep red. It almost seemed as if she was suffering from an extreme case of blushing. 
Even though the redness cleared, the burning never ceased. 
Charlene took a look at her pale-white wrist and furrowed her eyebrows in confusion. On the center of her wrist was a scar of some kind. No-letters carved onto her wrist. The letters spelled "JJ Lin." 
Dots surrounded these neatly carved letters, and Charlene's dried blood only seemed to compliment the drawing. It was as like when she was a kid and would playfully use washable markers to draw on the walls. Someone was drawing on her. With a knife. 
A close look at the carved shape showed no harm, but the thought of it being there kept nagging at the back of Charlene's brain. As if somehow, Charlene should analyze the scar and look at it from a different angle. Charlene checked herself carefully, just in case she wasn't REALLY dead. 
She wasn't. 
But Charlene felt pain. One thing Charlene had not noticed before was the carefully tied bandages that were tied around her still bleeding wound. 
The clouds rolled in above this small church. Charlene took no notice. 
The pitch black blackened impossibly. The silence was broken by the feeble sounds of shadows moving outside. 
"What are you waiting for?" Charlene nearly growled. Her wound stretched and she moaned. The pain was unbearable. The corner's of Charlene's mouth turned downwards into a frown. 
"I see you understand the consequences." A cold voice bellowed. 
Fast movements in the dark were hard to capture-even for someone like Charlene with senses so sharp. 
The light of a shining sword broke through the darkness and went straight down from the roof towards Charlene. The sword pierced Charlene from the top of her head-straight down. 
Fortunately, no pain fell upon Charlene Choi. Charlene Choi did not split in two as this action was supposed to perform, instead, the knife went straight down and through her, then rebounded high up into the air. 
When the sword once more came down, it was rusted, bent and twisted. It is now just a piece of bent metal. 
"how-how could that happen?" The voice said, surprised and...scared. This had never happened before.Another silhouette appeared next to the first. 
This silhouette only knocked Charlene out. 
"She was bounded." The voice explained as Charlene fell to the ground. Charlene recognized that voice. It was her father. 
"That's impossible." Said the other voice, a female. 
"I can't believe it. Billions of years ago, when our masters realized we are greater-the unloving ones, so they went through so much suffering and pain to ensure that the next generation and next will not love, so none may escape our hands. Some even sacrificed themselves. But they never could've guessed that undeniable love could be the only thing that has the power to stop us. The person that has bounded her has given her immortality...and invulnerability. She cannot be killed. Especially by us. The man that left...he is also forever-more safe. He won't notice how he never gets old though. I just can't believe it's her. The last person that was killed by one of the masters was a fortune teller, his exact words were ' Her generation is the generation where all disastrous actions would forever-more cease.' This can't be the last generation. Not until all the humans are killed, and we rule. The only good thing about this bond is that both parties would have forgotten each other. Therefore, it will not be hard to convince the man that bounded her to erase that mark. JJ lin, I'm guessing it's the guy's name. We will look for this JJ Lin." 
"Yes teacher. Shall we leave now?" 
"Yes, leave her here. She will wake up soon enough." Said Cherron. 
The two figures walked silently out the door.
Charlene's eyes opened almost instantly after they left.
The smart Teacher has forgotten one simple truth, one simple key-Charlene can't even be knocked out by them. To knock out, you have to hit with enough force, and Charlene can't be hurt. 
Therefore, CHARLENE HAD HEARD EVERYTHING.
"Bound by love? JJ Lin? Why would he love me? I-I don't even know him..." Charlene whispered to herself. 
"But he's a good person...I just know it. I'm not going to let them hurt him." 
Charlene got up slowly and walked out into the rain. 
_

JJ sat up suddenly in his bed. 
"Why do I feel so...weird?" Asked JJ. "Oh wow, and now I'm talking to myself." 
"YO, JJ, CLASS!!!!" Screamed JJ's roommate, Show. 
"Kay, On it." JJ said back. 
He went to school as if NOTHING had happened. 
~~~~~