Family Troubles

Flawless

 

*Sorry, kinda short of a chapter hehe, hope you like it.... whoever's reading it :D *
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
A series of footsteps brought JJ back to his senses, and he stopped groaning in pain, and withering in agony. The door slammed closed, and he waited for someone to enter. 
He recognized the gentle footsteps of a monster crawling in the dark, hoping to catch they're prey in shock. 
"Grandfather." JJ whispered, instantly knowing it's a total lost case if his grandfather was to be involved. Nobody got on the wrong side of this man, kind as he was when you were his beloved, but when you aren't... it's like little horns of the devil sprout from his snow-white hair. 
Seizing the quick moment, JJ looked around the room, his so called "jail", the place he had grown up in, but instantly moved out of when he became old enough.
And see what they had added to the strong wooden, oak doors of his room... steel bars.
Was he really destined to be trapped inside of this jail for the rest of his life? 
No. 
He can't be trapped here, because now, he has someone to live for, someone he needed to go back for. 
JJ almost forgot about the old man now standing in the corner of the room, eyes peering into JJ's heart, knowing that it had already been taken over by Charlene Choi. 
For many moments that seemed like forever, neither spoke, and neither moved. JJ had even paced his breathing into painful breaths through his nose. 
"She's not worth it, JJ. If you let go now, you can still go back. All these brothers, repecting you... and YOU GO AND MESS AROUND WITH THE ENEMY? You knocked out one of your brothers to protect her filthy head! WHERE HAS YOUR LOYALTY GONE? WHERE IS YOUR HEART?" 
"My heart was never your's to take, Grandfather, why can't I choose who I love? I had no other choice... he wanted to hurt Charlene."
"Back out of it now. You know I have my ways of working... if you continue, I won't even spare you." 
"Your ways of working? Like how mom and dad ended up?" Suddenly, JJ was angry, angry at all that he had lost to grow up being one of them. Why couldn't he be normal, and have a family that justs wants to see him happy? 
"JJ! How dare you say that? What they did was an honorable sacrifice for the rest of us! For you, me, in order to save the other humans!" JJ's grandfather himself had grown angry, cheeks flushing red and nose flared, he walked over and gave JJ a slap across the face. 
"You leave me no choice," he laughed sarcastically, his laugh like the wind chimes of a lonely night: loud, scary and making you doubt that what is coming next would be any good. 
"I present to you, your oh so beloved Charlene Choi." He spat out her name, almost as disgusted with it as he was with the owner. 
Sounds of struggle was heard outside through the iron bars as one of JJ's own friends, eyes empty, dragged Charlene into the room. 
"YOU! -" Without a moment's notice, JJ screamed and pranced onto his friend, pushing him aside to shield Charlene with his own body. 
That's when he noticed the blank look in Charlene's eyes, and the gasping breaths, but relaxed smile. 
"You drugged her." JJ stated calmly, fire burning behind his eyes. 
"I can fly...." Charlene muttered, clearly in a hallucinated situation.