Love. Love. Loved.

Flawless

 

"Where is Charlene? Where is she?" Chun screamed in panic, clenching an old map in his angry fists, looking like he was about to blow up. 
His face was red, his nostrils flared, and his eyes glaring. 
"Calm down, she might just be out for a while." Ella said calmly, not truly understanding what Chun was worried about.
"DAMN IT!" Chun yelled, and in the moment scaring Ella into scapmering into her own room, unsure as to why Chun was acting like this.
"Actually," Hebe said sheepishly from the side of the stairs, somewhat scared of Chun when he was so angry... so... dangerous- big muscles and all. "Charlene hasn't been back for the entire night already-" 
Hebe was starting to worry about Charlene as well, Charlene was never the kind to just suddenly go on an unknown adventure. Charlene was organized, prepared, and capable of letting almost anybody rely on her. 
"Mr. Wu, Ms. Tian, there is an urgent meeting in The Room right now, please hurry along there." Said the Bow-Tie man suddenly, and yet again popping out of nowhere, but for a first time, it seemed as if he wasn't completely paying attention to what he was doing, and he shuffled his feet nervously, sweat pooling on the sides of his forehead.
"This doesn't have to do with Charlene, does it?" Chun demanded, grabbing the bow tie man by the shoulders and looking him in the eye so close that his face was around ten centimeters away from the bow tie man's frightened gaze. 
"It-it, you shall find out from the teacher." The Bow tie man finished nervously, trying to squeeze out of Chun's grip. 
Please. Impossible. 
"Tell. Me. Right. Now." Chun said, gritting his teeth together and eyes staring deeper into the bow tie man's eyes. 
"Ms. Choi was last seen being hauled off roads away from an abandoned warehouse. We believe that she may have been feeding there, but was then caught by..." 
"BY?" Chun asked, totally forgetting about Hebe standing not far away, awed by Chun's reaction. And then Chun processed it, and remembered what Angela had once told him, and what he just discovered. "Fighters." Chun whispered, slowly letting go of the bow tie man's neatly ironed dress shirt. 
"What?" Hebe asked, feeling slightly left out for not understanding anything. 
"They won't dare hurt her. She's the one from the prophecies!" Chun yelled, grabbing onto the bow tie man's shirt once again, this time due to frustration rather than anger. 
"How did you know so much?" The bow tie man gasped in horror, instinctively bringing his hands up to cover his mouth, trying to lower his voice for he feared what the Teacher would do if he found out Chun knew this much.
"I'm right, aren't I?" Chun snickered, and you've been trying to get her to sin, so she may never become the saviour, pure in heart." 
"What's wrong?" Hebe asked from the side, not understanding the conversation, but seeing the troubled looks on both their faces. 
"I'm not going to count on people like you. I should've learnt this fact long ago, I was just too naive to see it." Chun said in hurry, quickly turning back to run out the door, with the bow tie man calling to him, but he never once looked back. 
Charlene was in danger. 
Hebe, however confused, quickly became aware of the fact that Charlene was in harm, and hurried back to tell the rest of them. 
As could be predicted, nobody showed up for the "urgent" meeting, including the bow tim man himself. 
~~~~~~
"Only one of us can survive this incident, right?" Charlene slurred, still in semi-sleep condition, after having been drugged so she could not harm the others while they carried her back here from the streets in which they had found her moments after she was left hanging from JJ's call. 
Unconsciously, she tightened her grip on JJ's hand, almost till her own hand hurt, and she had imprinted marks on JJ's flesh. 
JJ was silent. 
"There's always a way." JJ whispered after a moment, avoiding eye contact with Charlene as he hugged her tighter to his chest on the cold floor of his room- or so called jail cell. 
Tired tears of relief and happiness left Charlene's eyes as she slowly smiled up at JJ. "There IS? So...wait, why didn't you tell me before then?" Charlene asked, not understanding how JJ handled things. 
"I didn't want you to worry about it, and I really didn't want to do it until we certainly have no other choice."
"What is it?" Charlene asked, desperate for any solution to their seriously doomed case. 
"You're believed to be the saviour, and you are born with a power that no one can compare with, therefore, as long as we have the trigger to your power, you will be able to escape." 
"With you?" Charlene asked doubtfully, sensing something weird. 
"Yes." Was JJ's simple respond, choosing to stare at Charlene's two hands around his one rather than her eyes. 
"And the trigger is...?"
"I have the trigger, and I know how to use it, but until we absolutely need it, I will not bring it out. I do not want you to become a killer for no reason." 
Satisfied, Charlene curled into JJ's chest and tried to fall asleep, but voices were heard outside as footsteps grew near. 
"JJ Lin and his disgusting companion is required to attend court." One of the voices shouted out to JJ, before unlocking the door. 
'Oh no,' JJ thought. Trial. That means that this had spread to all the other leaders, and they all want an explanation, and he had none, but that he loved Charlene from his heart. 
JJ had once thought about running up and knocking out the person opening the door, but it would be risky, especially considering the MANY feet were walking outside, his grandfather probably already predicted JJ's plan. 
Tearing Charlene away from JJ, they made their own way to the court room. 
"JJ Lin suspected of treason with that-that-" The trial started almost instantly, with most of the crowd throwing disgusted looks at JJ,  Charlene basically looked at as if she was below dirt level. 
The trial went on normally, almost what JJ usually saw, except he was usually outside in the audience.  But then all things changed as another powerful leader known for being righteous stood out from the crowd and pointed at JJ.
"The jury has decided that you must kill her. You know that you are the only one able to kill her now."
JJ's eyes flickered past this man's face, yet he stayed composed. "The fighters have grown overconfident in time, and no longer remember the words of our ancestors," JJ said sadly, shaking his head slightly. 
"Have you forgotten the saviour to rebel against the 'unloving ones' and the one to win the battle? Have you forgotten that we cannot succeed on our own? Well, the saviour is standing right here, willing to help, and you drug her, imprison her, and then demand that I kill her? What is the meaning of Fighters now, I ask? Have you forgotten our purpose? We eliminate the dangerxs they form, but I see no dangers in Charlene." 
"You have been blinded by lust, you ungrateful boy! Forgotten? We remember all too well how our ancestors were almost brought to extinction!" The man responded, throwing a dagger at JJ, and then having the guards push JJ into the same cell as Charlene. 
"Kill her." Growled the leader. 
JJ felt his hands snake towards the  dagger, and after following orders for so many years, he never really could directly disobey orders given by his leader. 
"Yeah, kill her." Came another voice in JJ's head... the voice of Cherron. Though Cherron couldn't kill Charlene with his own hands, he knew he had to try to get Charlene, his own daughter eliminated, for she posed a threat. 
Slowly, JJ grasped the dagger tightly into his hands. It was the dagger he had been rewarded by his great-grandfather. It was the same dagger he used to carve his name on Charlene's wrist.
He took a step towards Charlene, a look of indecision on his face. 
Charlene gave him the same smile he had given her when she was going to kill him the first time they had met. 
She understands, it's ok. 
Charlene leaned forward, stood on her toes and gave JJ a peck on the cheek. 
The Fighter's growled in disgust. 
Charlene stood back and closed her eyes. All JJ had to do was draw a line over his carved name and then stab his knife into her.
It would be over quickly. 
JJ took a deep breath. 
Blood splattered on the ancient stone walls of the building, and shadows grew darker as day became night. 
Charlene dropped to the ground in tears... JJ had plunged the sharp knife into himself, rather than hurt her. 
Usind her hand to cover his wound, Charlene let the tears fall freely, though she was still in shock, Blood oozed out all over her hand, clothes and the ground. Charlene hugged JJ tighter, though she could feel the life draining from him. 
"I thought you said you had a way! Why did you do THAT?" Charlene cried, trembling as her teeth chattered. 
"I lied." JJ smiled weakly, almost as if he was joking with her at a time like this. 
"WHY?" Charlene started screaming, ripping sobs breaking from her chest, and serious trembles as JJ continued to smile and used the last of his strength to pull Charlene closer to himself.
"Because I love you, Charlene. How long did it take you to figure that out? Hurting you hurts too much, like an inner pain that I would never be able to live with." Gently, slowly, JJ brought his pale hand up to Charlene's face, wanting to wipe off the tears she had freely falling, and disappeared as if the wind had blown him away.
Charlene cried and screamed, but nothing could deny the fact that JJ had gone. Under these circumstances, only one of the two may survive. 
JJ had rathered it be the girl he loves. 
Charlene screamed JJ's name, but she knew he wasn't coming back. She clutched desperately at the empty space that had become JJ. Anything of him would statisfy her, but not even a hair was left behind. 
Charlene stood up, blook-soaked and tears lingering on her eyelashes. 
The fighters moved back instantly, sensing danger beyond their control. Charlene easily broke through the iron bars, and walked out of there with JJ's dagger by her side. 
~~~~~~~~
 
Wow, is it me, or does this chapter seem very long...? 
Sorry for any grammar issues, or if something doesn't make sense hehe... i'm EXTREMELY sleepy... i'll edit another day :D
 
- ICED COFFEE