Play Detective

Flawless

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Danson walked into his room with his crow yet again on his shoulder. 
"Where were you?" Asked Ella a bit aggressively. 
"I was out. Why, did you miss me?" Asked Danson sarcastically. 
"What if I did?" Asked Ella, standing up. 
"Then I would tell you to stop it." Said Danson, charging his ipod. 
Ella clenched her teeth as she noticed how Danson didn't even look at how she looked today. For the past few days she had been wearing the most...stylish/hot clothes she, Hebe, and Rainie owned. Danson, like to almost everything else, gave not a damn. 
"Hi Danson." She said, taking a step towards him. 
Danson didn't reply, instead, he poured himself a glass of red wine. 
"Danson?" Ella growled as she tried to catch his attention. 
She flailed her arms. He drank his wine. 
"You might want to put on some more clothes, it's easy to catch a cold these days." Danson smirked before leaving the room with his glass of wine. 
Ella tried to calm herself by breathing in and out deeply, but couldn't help it as her nose flared.
Ella was angry. 
It had always been a bad thing if Ella were to be really mad. Major destruction could be Ella's middle name. 
"Ugh." Ella groaned as she threw Danson's stuff across the room. 
Danson's ornaments and decorations hit the opposite wall with a bang, then shattered to a billion pieces. 
When a certain green vase hit the wall, it shattered to reveal a piece of pink paper. 
Ella picked it up with shaking hands-she was, after all, invading Danson's privacy. 
Oh well, her soon to be husband's privacy. 
Good enough. 
Danson, 
I know you're confused. I don't want it to be this way. Meet me tonight at your high school back door. 10 PM. We have to sort this out. 
Love, 
~~~~~~~~~~

The place where there should've been a name was blurred and the ink was scattered. 
Ella's eyebrows knitted together in frustration. This letter is new. 
In that green vase had been lilies yesterday, but Ella, allergic to these lilies, had thrown them away that morning. There was nothing in there that morning. And Danson had not come back for the entire day. 
Ella looked at the big, round clock that hung above the kitchen counter-it was 9:30 PM. 
Ella smirked. "Danson, wait for me." She said smugly. 
Ella followed closely as Danson made his way across the dark parking lot. The crow noisily screeched beside him. 
"Hmmm...I wonder...a lover? The cold Danson and a secret lover? Perfect news to spread to everybody else."Muttered Ella, a grin highlighting her pretty face. 
Danson stood in the middle of the back parking lot. Her looked small and weak amidst the giant, empty and dark parking lot. But in truth, Danson was strong beyond compared, maybe a cold, hgard outer shell is exactly what provides him enough protection to live in a world where nothing goes the way one wishes, especially when one happens to live the life of a monster. 
Danson's raven black hair only swung loosely in the strong breezes. Ella shivered as she saw what was in Danson's back pocket. 
A pocket knife. 
Ella couldn't see the razor sharp blade since it was in a wooden case, but anybody could tell by the way Danson just so happened to put it in his pocket in such a convenient position- a position he could pull it out as anytime with no problems, that Danson was probably planning to use it. 
A pretty woman around 19 walked out calmly from hiding. She was hiding in the dark shadows. 
"Hello Danson." She said pleasantly. For a moment, Ella felt sorry for that girl. That girl was beautiful, with flaming red hair and clearly set out features. 
For a moment though, Ella felt no compassion for the human species- they deserved to die and that was just it. Period. No human shall live. 
Danson addressed the pretty girl with a cold nod in her direction. 
'No smile for even his lover?' Ella thought, 'odd, but smart, for she is human.' 
"Danson, don't be like that." The pretty girl said desperately, her smile disappearing to be replaced by a pleading frown. 
"Don't forget what you have done, I came today to just find out why." Danson replied coldly. 
"You have to understand, it's NOT the wrong decision. Why can't you understand?" Asked The pretty girl. 
"I don't have to understand, because I know it happened. I just want a simple reason." Said Danson, "It may seem impossible, but I'm almost willing to accept ANYTHING at this point."
"Danson, why are you so stubborn?" 
"Why do you care?" 
"I do care, it's hard to converse with someone when they cannot even TRY to understand." The girl replied. 
"Converse? We're not conversing. I'm just hoping for a simple one sentence answer. It's not like I'll ever talk to you again." 
"Get that thing off your shoulder." Muttered the girl, staring at Danson's crow on his shoulder. 
Danson simply pet his crow, ignoring all of what that girl said. 
The girl's face grew red as anger made its way into her system. 
'Is it me, or does Danson have the ability to make everybody mad?' Ella asked herself. 
"Danson, why don't you EVER listen???" asked the girl. 
"I'm listening, you're just not giving me the answer to my question-there's no point in listening to something I don't care about." 
"Danson!!! Fine, I can give you several reasons, now listen up. Firstly, there's no feeling! I don't feel like how I used to, my heart beat doesn't quicken. My breath doesn't catch. I don't feel the fireworks anymore." Said the girl, holding up her hand to indicate counting number one. 
"Fireworks can burn people." Danson said simply. 
"Secondly, there's a lack of communication. What's my favorite colour? What's my favorite animal? Ha, those are questions I will never get an answer to." 
"Mauve. Cat." Danson said, dismissing the questions as if they were nothing. 
The girl rolled her eyes. 
"Thirdly, there's a DIFFERENCE in species. I was in peril danger every time we were together!" Cried the girl loudly, her foot stomping the hard, dirt ground with enough force to push an elephant. 
"Danger? Is that ever a problem? Face it, the only reason is because YOU don't love without a price. With real love, any side would die for the other, die BECAUSE of the other." Danson said, almost smug. Too bad the atmosphere could lighten up, this was, after all, a serious matter. 
"There's a number 4-" Said the girl, smiling as she noticed she had many OTHER reasons. 
"SHUT UP." Called a voice from where Ella was sitting. 
Nope, it was a voice from BEHIND Ella. 
Charlene Choi. 
"How the hell can you say things like that? You're more heartless than...well, US. And that's saying A LOT." Charlene said bravely, even if the girl in front of her with flaming red hair was technically BIGGER than herself.
"And YOU- Danson Tang, what the hell is wrong with you? Letting her walk all over you! And I thought you were more than that!" Charlene yelled. 
"Who are you? And last time I checked, nobody talks to me that way." The girl said nastily. 
"Last time you checked, well it's about time you check again, cause SOMEBODY just happens to be standing here." Charlene said, taking a step closer even if it meant looking up to the girl with flaming red hair. 
"Charlene Choi, just get out of this okay?" Asked Danson tiredly, as if after doing a day of GYM. 
"No! I'm NEVER listening to you! You took the last bit of respect I had for your intellect away right now." Charlene said to Danson. 
"WHO THE HELL ARE YOU????" Asked the girl, her voice echoing in the darkness. 
"As a matter of fact, I'm Danson's NEW GIRLFRIEND." Charlene said, jutting her chin out and pointing her nose high in the air, as if extremely proud. 
"No, I'M his girlfriend!" Said Ella, jumping out from her hiding place, wincing when she saw that Charlene had hooked her arm to Danson's. 
"I mean-SHE is." Charlene said, pointing to Ella, but had forgotten to unhook her arm from Danson's. 
"Yes I am." Ella said, walking carefully over to Charlene and pulling Charlene's arm away from Danson, but Danson didn't co-operate when Ella tried to hook her own arm to Danson's. 
"God, you have a lot of girlfriends Danson." Said the girl.
"As a matter of fact, he DOES. He's quite popular among the female race and you're just history. Ex-girlfriend? Please, get LOST." Charlene said aggressively. 
A slap hit Charlene's face with enough force to knock her out, but Charlene stood tall and glared. 
"I'm his mother." Said the girl-no, WOMAN.

~~~~~~~~~~~