Next

Flawless

 

Hebe, having heard the conversation between Chun and the Bow tie man, instantly made it her duty to run back to everybody else to tell them about Charlene's disappearance, since Chun had left already. 
Everybody quickly decided to go help Chun look for Charlene, but once they made it to the door, Chun walked through the back door with Charlene next to him.
Maybe it was the redness in Charlene's eyes or  the dagger in her hand that tipped them off of the foul mood Charlene was in. 
The extremely tired Charlene found it no use to tell them what had happened, besides, why bring them into a battle she must fight herself? So she guiltily told a lie and that she was crying because of a break up. At least it was somewhat true.  Somehow, through all the crowd, Danson found himself standing beside Charlene, who had finished crying, and was instead shivering in her wet clothes.
"Stop lying." He whispered into her ear, before slipping away, a frown on his face. 
'What's with him?' Charlene asked herself, and then understood what he meant the second she saw his figure disappear into the hallway. How could he know about JJ though? She hadn't told anybody she was dating JJ. Did they even KNOW JJ, even if they WERE going to same school?
If Danson knew about that,  then what else could be know? 
Finally, Charlene set foot into her darkened room, knowing for a fact she won't be seeing JJ tomorrow. It was such a long day, but she knew she wouldn't be able to sleep tonight with everything to think about. 
And she was afraid, that if she fell asleep, what if she forgets him in her dreams, where she would finally be able to see him again?
But then a voice called out from the dark. 
"Charlene." It was Chun. 
When had he slipped away from the group in the meeting room? How come she had barely noticed his presence? He and Danson were probably the only two that didn't show their concern, as even Ella had patted her on the back and told her it was okay. 
"When had you gotten a boyfriend, Charlene?" 
Charlene had no answer. "I-" 
"It has to do with the fighters, doesn't it?" Chun asked, passionate about the topic. Wasn't that how he had lost Angela again? 
"No." Charlene replied too quickly, avoiding his gaze. 
Okay, so she wouldn't be able to sleep anyways tonight. Charlene slowly moved backwards towards the table, away from Chun's serious gaze. 
Maybe it was the guilt of lying. But it was her secret to tell, and she didn't want to tell. As she reached the table, she felt a piece of paper crumple under her sweaty hands.
"It's Angela's letter." Chun whispered, his voice echoing through the room. 
"She told you about..." 
"We had the same thing going that you had with JJ Lin." Chun said solemnly, watching as Charlene brought the letter slowly within her gaze. 
"How do you know about him too?" Charlene asked, wondering how everybody seemed to know a secret she thought she had kept so well. 
"Danson's not stupid. As they have their spies here, we have ours there."
"What's the point of letting me read the letter if you know about it? To make it worse?" Charlene snapped, already far beyond going insane through everything that's been made of her normal life.
"Calm down, Charlene. Don't tell me the savior is going to get all nervous and break down now." 
With that said, Charlene straightened up and tried to stare straight into Chun's eyes. 
"I think Angela was giving me a hidden message. She must want me to find something that she wants no one else to see. The Oak tree. The forget-me-not flower. It all fits. I think she may have some hidden documents of The Fighters-" 
"Like JJ had." 
"And she was killed before she could show them to me." 
"Like JJ had." 
"What are you thinking of doing now?" 
"Finding the documents, both Angela's and JJ's. Maybe it's time the savior kicks into action." 
 
~~~~~~
Sorry, kinda short chapter :P 
Again, please ignore all grammatical errors!!!! 
 
` ICEDCOFFEE