Take off

Flawless

 

“Come on, Chun!” Charlene yelled, impatient to leave the building and get a move on, as they were to fly to California to look for the particular Oak tree Angela had probably been talking about.

“Wait, Char,” Chun shook his head, just as Hebe and Jiro walked out.

“I GUESS a trip would make it all better,” a tearful Hebe said, hugging Charlene and then made her way back inside.

From the door, Ella looked out at Chun. Did he like her or not? He hadn’t laid one eye on her ever since Charlene came back crying. What was the matter? Weren’t they swell just the day before? Was it Charlene…?

“A break up IS harsh…” Aaron muttered from the side, smiling lightly at Charlene.

But Selina had pulled Charlene aside.

“Charlene, don’t tell me you really ARE going to do what Chun has told you about.”

Again, Charlene was thoroughly shocked, how did SELINA find out about this too?

“Nobody told me, I saw it coming.”

‘Maybe it’s best I change the topic…’ Charlene thought, “So, I saw you with Mike the other day…”

Ok, at THIS, Selina had to start blushing like crazy and smile awkwardly. Well, Mike WAS her…boyfriend…

Absentmindedly, Selina giggled as his name came across her mind. And at that exact moment, Chun grabbed Charlene and shoved her playfully into the taxi, which startled Selina out of her fantasies.

“But Charlene! Charlene, you’re-“

And the taxi drove away.

Only the screeches of tires were heard as everybody squished back into the house.

`

“This gate, Charlene.” Chun said mindlessly, ushering Charlene along, yet himself staring over his shoulder, as if waiting for someone to say their goodbyes.

“You mean the male washrooms?” Charlene asked sarcastically, looking in the direction he was pointing in. Shaking her head slightly, she turned his arm to point in the correct direction. “That’s more like it!” She joked, double checking her passports and identifications.

But then a voice startled her out of double checking off her mental checklist.

“Something came up.” Danson’s voice came from the direction right of Charlene.

Wow. It’s so typical of Danson to come late and not even apologize.

“What are YOU doing here?” Charlene asked, clearly still ticked off at him ‘calmly’ storming off the other day.

Danson seemed to be just as ticked off, as he refused to comment on her question, or that could just be his nature, but he for sure made no eye contact with Charlene as he gave Chun a side long glance.

“I invited him.” Chun said, flinching as he knew Charlene would not react too calmly.

“YOU DID WHAT? HE’S ONE OF THEM!! WAIT; DON’T TELL ME YOU TOLD HIM EVERYTHING!” Charlene screamed, desperately trying to keep her temper in check so that as to not create such a scene in the airport.

Charlene didn’t like it, just as predicted.

“If it weren’t for him, Charlene, I wouldn’t know as much as I do.” Chun said, flinching at her volume.

“SO IT’S YOU THAT SCREWED HIM UP WITH THIS GARBAGE THAT WOULD MAKE HIS LIFE MORE COMPLICATED!!!” Charlene yelled, now turning to look Danson straight in the face.

Danson’s eyes seemed to darken in colour as he glared down at Charlene.

“What you mean screw him up? This is part of his as well. When will you realize this isn’t your secret to keep?”

“Not my secret? Then whose secret is it? I’m supposedly the savior, who else’s secret does it belong to?” Charlene retorted.

“How about the other people mentioned in the prophecy? The friends you were supposed to trust? Do you know how badly you have tarnished the prophecy by not involving your friends in it?” Danson’s face became even paler, if that was possible.

“SO THAT’S WHAT YOU WERE SO PISSED AT BEFORE? YOU WERE MAD BECAUSE I DIDN’T TELL OTHER PEOPLE ABOUT JJ AND THE PROPHECY?” Charlene screamed back, not noticing his paling in complexion.

“Charlene,” This time, it was Chun speaking. “Stop yelling at Danson, he isn’t as horrible as you seem to see him as.”

And that’s when Danson’s lips started to turn green-ish in colour.

“What’s wrong?” Charlene suddenly noticed Danson’s sick appearance.

“He fought into the Fighters’ territory to get you the composition book of JJ. It’s where JJ writes all his songs.” Chun said, passing over a thick, plain looking notebook.

“Chun!” Danson snapped, wondering why Chun just couldn’t keep a secret.

Charlene was standing in shock as Chun pushed the two of them past the gates and into the airplane where Danson took a seat directly opposite of Charlene and Chun.

And then it was take off.

Have a safe ride, passengers, because next stop, Havoc, has an ugly head that reveals an ugly truth. 

 

~~~~~~~~

 

Haven't been updating in so long :P 

Sorry for those reading, it was the last week before winter break so everything was just kind of out of hand, anyways, hope you guys like the new chapter!!! I'll be able to update more since it's holidays!!!!

 

- ICEDCOFFEE