Test 2: Dancing and Singing

The Love Contract

"Sir, Im Yoona came," Donghae called.

"Ah, yes, bring her in!" the manager shouted. Donghae nudged her to go first. Yoona scoffed, rolling her eyes.

"Mwoh? Are you scared?" Yoona teased.

"Although you haven't met my manager yet, he's a scary guy. Just go in first!" Donghae said, pushing Yoona into the door first. Nervous, she entered with Donghae.

"You must be Im Yoona," the manager said, shaking hands with her. 

"And you must be Donghae's manager," Yoona said, smiling.

"Yes, yes, come, have a seat," the manager said, allowing Yoona to sit on an empty chair. Yoona sat there, as Donghae sat next to her.

"I heard you passed the first test?" the manager asked, raising an eyebrow.

"According to Donghae and Siwon, yes. I had the chance to fool Donghae, too," Yoona smiled. Donghae turned red, mixed with emotions of anger and embarrassment. 

"Sir, I can explain!" Donghae protested, but was told to sit down. The manager folded his hand, nodding.

"Tell me, can you dance well?" the manager asked. Yoona nodded.

"Dance," the manager commanded. Donghae was interested to see this. Yoona bit her lips. 

"Can I have some kind of music?" Yoona asked. The manager nodded, playing some music. Not familiar with the song, Yoona danced a bit crookedly. Donghae chuckled, but the manager watched. Soon, Yoona got the hang of the song, and continued to dance gracefully. The manager smiled, amused. He stopped the music and clapped. 

"Good, good.... Next, I want you to sing for me," the manager commanded. Yoona sighed.

"But sir, this wasn't part of the contract--"

"Have you ever read the back of the contract?" the manager asked. Yoona widened her eyes, shaking her head. The manager nodded. 

"Exactly. Now, sing," the manager demanded. Yoona cleared , clearly nervous. The manager played a random song and handed her the lyrics. Yoona sang quietly, stuttering a lot. The manager frowned, writing something on his book. I wonder what he's writing, Donghae thought, trying to peak. After that, Donghae was the only one who clapped.

"Bravo, Deer!" Donghae smiled. The manager raised an eyebrow, mistaking Donghae. He thought that Donghae said, "Bravo, dear!"

"That's cute," the manager commented, writing something again. Donghae raised an eyebrow.

"Donghae, you're going to help Yoona on her singing, understand? Make sure you're done by tonight. Tomorrow, we have a big day ahead of us!" the manager ordered, typing something on his computer. The two just stood there. The manager slowly turned to them.

"Well? Donghae, hurry up!" the manager hissed, being impatient. Donghae nodded and took Yoona to his room.

"How are you going to help me?" Yoona asked, glaring at Donghae.

"Simple. You listen, and I order," Donghae said simply, running through a pile of papers.

"So what do I do?" Yoona asked.

"Well, you're pitches are perfect. It's just that you have to sing louder and clearer. Aha! Try singing this, Deer," Donghae said, handing Yoona a sheet of paper. Yoona nodded as the song played. She sang a bit louder, but not loud enough. She also stuttered less than before, too. Donghae immediately stopped the music.

"Stop, stop, STOP!" Donghae shouted. Yoona stopped, gulping. Am I that bad at singing? Yoona thought.

"You're still quiet! Sing louder, from the bottom of your heart! Your lungs! Your soul! Whatever you do, sing louder! Oh, and stop stuttering a lot, too," Donghae said, getting a bit annoyed. Yoona nodded and sang once more. This time, everything was perfect except for one thing: her loudness.

Donghae sighed and suddenly sang along with Yoona. Yoona was shocked at first, but she kept singing. Once she got the hang of it, both of them were singing passionately, staring at each other's eyes. After the song was over, they gazed at each other's eyes for a moment. Especially Donghae. His heart started to beat faster, he started to sweat more, and all of a sudden, he was nervous. I'm actually nervous, Donghae thought, surprised. Yoona stared at his eyes, realizing that he wasn't threatening her. Both heard a loud "BANG!" from the door, and they jumped. Wondering who it was, Donghae went to the front door, but no one was there.

Meanwhile...

Siwon was bringing Donghae and Yoona some fruits. As he was going, he could hear Yoona singing. It was barely audible, and for a moment, he thought that she was just mumbling to herself. Suddenly, he heard two voices singing together. Must be Donghae singing, Siwon thought, as he opened the door a bit. He widened his eyes, jealousy over coming him. They were singing together, looking at each other's eyes. He saw Donghae leaning a bit. Is he gonna kiss her?! Siwon thought. He closed the door softly and slammed the door with his foot. Siwon held the pain on his foot and ran to hide. He heard Donghae come out.

"Anyone? Hello~?" Donghae called. Siwon stood at his hiding place, taking a deep breath. Siwon peaked at Donghae, who just shrugged and closed the door. Siwon sighed and went back to the room again. 

"YA! Im Yoona! You better hurry! Practice once more!" Siwon heard Donghae shouting at Yoona. Siwon knocked softly, as Donghae opened the door and the music started. Siwon gave Donghae a fake-smile.

"Fruits, anyone?"