First Days and Toma's In A Daze

Third Time's The Charm
Enjoy!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Matsumoto walked the halls with the teacher advisor barely listening to a word that he was spouting from his mouth. He was far too interested in all the hot girls that were passing by him in the girl’s dormitories. He saw the advisor give him an odd look as he checked out the bum of a girl in a leather skirt and thigh high boots. She was probably off to do something real bad he noticed and almost hoped.

He turned around to see the teacher staring at him and quickly used the worldwide girl explanation for bad fashion mistakes. “Oh that skirt was so 1980’s, like yuck…who wears leather on their body anymore?” He said putting on a voice so that the teacher would understand, and he did. He nodded righteously.

“It just doesn’t go, I wish girls wore something a little more flirty but that left something to the imagination you know?” He said and Jun nodded shyly like he supposed a girl would, he even threw in a high-pitched giggle for kicks.

“So that’s the library you go there to read, that’s the washrooms where everyone has a shower together,” Jun squeaked and the teacher gave him an odd look again and then shook his head as if understanding something. Jun was quite sure that he heard the teacher mutter something about self-esteem issues.

“It’s usually empty around midnight if you really feel the need to go alone, but you really shouldn’t be bothered about things like what other girls will say about your figure.” Jun’s eyes widened. Girls bothered about things like that here? In New York everyone was skinny as a stick so really he’d never seen a girl complaining about it.

“And that’s where the boy and girl dorms meet in the lounge or common room as well call it.” The teacher continued on and Jun glanced in the room to see a girl looking shyly at someone he recognized very well. “Kamenashi-kun?” He said softly forgetting to add the girlish tinge to it. He remembered meeting Kame in a

“Ahh yokata…you know Kamenashi-san? Then he can show you around the actual school right?” The teacher said relieved that he didn’t have to show Jun around. Jun stuck his tongue out at the teacher’s back as he trailed behind him. Well it wasn’t like he wanted to spend more time with this jerk either. “One more stop right?” He said in what he hoped sounded like an annoyed girly whiny voice.

“Yes, and here it is…Room 215. Your roommate’s name is Inoue Mao. Please…be wary of her. She’s not the best girl in the dorm to make friends with.” The teacher said disapprovingly and Jun shrugged and as the teacher walked away he yelled out.

“WAIT! Aren’t you supposed to show me inside?” Jun yelled out and the teacher turned around slowly and stared at him oddly. Jun was confused himself. People in Japan were being so rude to him.

“I’d rather not see what was happening in that room this time. Take in mind that you’re the first person to room with her. Well, the first person who wasn't her friend from the start.” The teacher said leaving Jun all alone to face what seemed to be quite the scary, anti-social girl from what he gathered from the teachers words.

Jun frowned as he opened up the door and saw a half- girl staring back at him. For a second time stopped as he stared at the girl’s face surprisingly and not her body which was bared open to him. He felt shy, and flustered as the beautiful girl in front of him glared angrily.

Then he realized he was dressed as a girl and had left the door open so he quickly turned around and shut it and stayed that way his eyes away from her afraid to fall back into a daze if he stared into her eyes again.

“So you’re my new room mate huh?” She said a bitter tone in her voice, probably bitter due to the fact that she had to share a room with someone. Or it might have been due to the fact that a guy...well a girl to her...had just seen her topless. BUT HE HADN'T! How could he? Her eyes hadn't allowed his to wander anywhere! She'd held his gaze in a perfectly dangerous way that reminded him of his own mother.

“Uh…yeah! Jun! At your service!” He said in his American accent which was sneaking up on him. For some reason his head wouldn't stay straight and he kept bending it downwards so that he wouldn't see any part of her. Though he already knew that probably she had been dressed 30 seconds after his entrance.

He was afraid, he realized, this girl was the first woman to really get him to be afraid since his own sister.

“Ahh American neh? Fine I’ll call you Jun…I was never really into the whole politeness thing Japanese culture has anyways. To make it plain and simple…stay out of my way Jun…I’m not going to show you around, and I’m not going to make friends with you. In fact just stay out of my life. If I bring a guy back to the room you immediately go to the commons all right? I’ll do the same for you but from what I can tell you’re far too…well whatever you get my point Jun?” She said grabbing his shoulder and immediately Jun bit his tongue from squealing.

“Hai! I mean yes…no wait I actually meant hai!” He grinned back at her foolishly and watched her glance at him distastefully.

“God you’re ugly eh? Think of getting surgery? A lot of the girls here get surgery so you should do it if you want. Of course I'm all natural though. Oh wait though it seems you already have gotten surgery.” She said pointedly looking at his chest, and Jun immediately glared at her had she just referred to him as ugly? Was she blind? Should he have flashed her his abs or something?

Then he realized again that he was still that stupid species he hated so dearly. And of course the woman in front of him was far too dumb to recognize that he was anything but a girl. Thank god as well. He didn't want to get more embarrassed than necessary.

“Neh Mao chan are you in my class 2-C?” He asked in attempt to be at least cordial with her.

“Oh hell no! I don’t wanna be in a class with such an ugly girl!” She proclaimed loudly glaring at him as if he’d done something extremely horrible.

“EH! Is that all you care about eh?” He said now sort of pissed off at being called ugly twice in the span of exactly three minutes he noted as he glanced down at the extremely effeminate watch that adorned his wrist.

Mao just rolled her eyes and walked out of the room. “If you need me find someone else eh? I don’t want to walk you around or have you follow me…freak.” She added under her breath as if she was trying to hide her voice from Jun's ears. Jun knew she had meant for him to hear though, he wanted to choke her.

Jun sighed and fell onto his bed as he heard the door click with the exit of Mao. She was so pretty and when he’d first seen her she’d seemed so untainted. Were all rich kids in Japan like this, deceptive with their gorgeous looks and biting personalities?

If so, he bet he he’d have no trouble whatsoever getting used to Tokyo. It didn’t seem to differ much from New York at all.

At that precise moment he heard his cellphone, the old one he had one from New York where his New York friends would call him and one for Tokyo where he would be a girl…god this was confusing already he cursed. He pressed a couple of buttons before looking at the text message Aya just sent him.

Lyke Yo gna brd da pln nw cll ltrz k?

Jun struggled with a laugh before finally letting it out. Ahh well at least she used one vowel this time!

He texted back eagerly seeing as he had nothing to do and he was depressed that some stupid girl had just called him ugly and he needed to converse with his best friend in some way.

Hate the people here…the in my room called a freak and ugly…:(

He was sure he’d get an instant reply but the problem with that was he would also hear later on how that air hostess tried to get Aya to turn off her phone before take off so he sent it and turned it off to resist the temptation to reply quickly and decided to go get freshened up and walk around.

The first day of the new term was a settling in day wasn’t it? So he’d have nothing to do today really, just meet people.

Oh god how on earth did girls meet people? He tried to think of New York girls and decided that was how he’d meet people here.

Most New York women were either completely frigid in their introductions holding a stiff hand out or they were completely ty throwing themselves on guys in hugs and kisses on the cheek.

He really thought about it and decided to do the frigid one cause he wasn’t that comfortable in his fake s yet to throw them at someone. He unconsciously looked down at the gel like s in the bra to add a more realistic look.

He looked at the door carefully and then squeezed them. It was actually quite fun he discovered! And they made a little squishy noise as a gush of air released! He giggled madly as he squeezed them and then heard the door open and a girl enter.

“MAO! Oh…um…did I interrupt something?” She said rather shyly and entered the room and looked at Jun who’s hands were still grasped tightly over his extremely fake s. Jun looked at her confused and then her eyes pointed flicked towards the slight dents that were in Jun’s shirt and he giggled girlishly letting go off his feeling it unconsciously slightly bounce and shook his head wildly the way he’d always seen girls do in embarrassing situations.

“Oh nooo of course not. I mean you know us Japanese girls we..” Japanese girls…oh god why had he used that phrase of them all he knew the least about them compared to any other type of girl. Well he’d always noticed Aya was rather tiny in comparison to Blair or Serena.

“I was just checking to see if I’d grown in the chest area! I mean look at me! I’m totally flat neh?” He said quickly looking up hopefully at the girl to see if she was indeed naïve enough to believe his lame last minute thought up excuse as to why he was squeezing his ‘s’.

“Ahhh I know exactly what you mean!” She said coming over happily and sitting down on the bed beside Jun and he almost shied away from her before realizing that he might be getting too into his girly shy character. He silently vowed to try not to become too girly to revert back to his normal, what he thought was manly, state.

“I’m Erika neh…less the first.”

“I’m Jun…less the second.” He was able to catch her witty joke so that was obviously a good sign, this girl might even be fun to talk to.

“So where’s Mao-chan?” She said looking around quietly her eyes wide and innocent he couldn’t help noticing. Now here she was a cute, not quite so y as his roommate, innocent looking girl. She almost made you want to hug her but then again there was that tiny urge that Jun was sure that any man would get seeing her. That urge was to…well oddly enough break her but for now Jun would try to simply make friends with this girl and protect her innocence. He had no interest in crushing her. She was the perfect girl in fact, Jun was quite sure that she would be the only girl who would be happy in her position as a housewife. He could imagine coming home to Erika as she had an apron on and cookies in front of his face.

“God knows…I don’t like her very much. I wish I could move truthfully, I mean she called me ugly and god what does she know…I come from New York…no one in New York is ugly…god what a .” At this he heard Erika turn around with a look on her face that clearly said "say-that-again-and-I-will--you-up". Jun immediately changed his mind, maybe Erika wasn’t that innocent either.

“Ahh gomen nasaii I didn’t know how close you were with her. It’s just I’m not that used to being insulted. I usually just get what I want.” Can you blame me? He added cockily inside his head, grinning widely at the girl and she shook her head.

“Ah forgiven but don’t let her hear that eh or she’ll never befriend you!” She said standing up and looking at Jun who stared back at her clueless as to why she was standing up already.

“Neh Jun-chan…are you an athlete?” She asked suddenly leaning down to grab Jun’s shoulders feeling them lightly and her eyes widened as they looked at Jun’s arms which were quite muscular if he said so himself. He grinned and nodded.

“Took me fifty two days really to get the perfect muscle size and shape.” He said grinning proudly and then he felt a small pain in his arm and yelped.

“What the- what was that form Erika-chan?” He said rubbing his side and she grinned childishly as she shook her head

“I just wanted to see if I would be able to hurt you through all that muscle. Jun-chan I bet the only reason that Mao-chan said you were ugly is because of the muscles…they make you look really really manly. Otherwise you would look like the perfect girl…and now that I look closer you aren’t that less.” She said and before she could reach down to grab his s and realize they were fake, which Jun was almost sure she was going to do, he covered himself up and stood up.

“Neh…I think Mao-chan said something about being in…the common room! Yes the room of commons. You should go find her shouldn’t you? I mean you must have had something important to ask her right?” He said eagerly putting his arm around her to guide her to the door. He wished he could be alone to sort out all the stories he would be using as he met people. So far he had established he was from New York, and he was a girl. That seemed fairly easy to remember seeing as it was all true except for the fact that he was a girl…which he wasn’t.

He was a boy… he hoped to god that he wouldn’t be forgetting his original position to which he had to return to eventually.

Oh couldn't eventually show up sooner? He wished uselessly.

“Oh yeah, hey…Jun-chan how about you come with me eh? I bet you’ll get to meet a lot of nice people on the way and I’m sure you’ll be able to make a lot of friends there. You must be dying to make friends right? Being the newcomer and all…wow…you’re so brave. If I was as brave as you Jun-chan…man I would have climbed Tokyo Tower or something.” She said and Jun really was quite sure that this was his ideal girlfriend. The more he got to know Erika the more regretful he felt that he was rooming with Mao and not her. Then again this would also be a good thing as he’d probably be able to control himself more against the somewhat pretty image of Mao seeing as how she wasn’t pretty on the inside as his shrink back in New York would say. Jun would just say that she wasn't that ditzy. He laughed idly wondering just how much of a kick she, his shrink, would get out of this little assignment his mother was forcing onto him.

“I bet she’d get a huge kick out of the psychological issues these few months will invariably make me go through.” He said out loud unaware of his words and then he looked sideways at Erika who was staring at him curiously, probably wondering whether she was slightly crazier or whether he was.

“Gomen nasaii…I didn’t know I was speaking out loud.” He decided to reinforce his shy image here and quickly turned his head away from Erika’s and couldn’t resist the urge to grin evilly.

He felt her long hair pass by the nape of his neck, which meant she was shaking her head wildly.

“No!! Of course not…truth be told like I do that really really often. Of course since Mao and Maki and Megumi befriended me it’s been a lot less frequent but I still tend to think out loud sometimes.” She said holding onto Jun’s shoulder as to convince him. Jun turned around as ‘shyly’ as possible. God, Erika was so gullible.

“Ah where would I be without you Erika-chan…thank you so much for taking me under your wing.” He said bowing as was custom and practically felt Erika shine with happiness as he saw her feet bob up and down with excitement…or it might have been out of habit but Jun liked to think he caused that bobbing of feet.

“Let’s go then neh? I can’t wait for you to meet Toma-chan, and Maki-chan, and Megumi-chan and-“

Before she babbled on and anymore about the million people Jun was going to meet he quickly grabbed his cell phone and ushered her out the door following himself as he locked the door and unconsciously got quite the look at her disappointedly flat .

“Ah well…its not like she could have been perfect anyways.” He muttered as she turned around flashing him one of her, what he knew to be pageant winning, smiles.

“Hurry!” She said grinning and Jun nodded quickly making sure that the knob was closed and running towards Erika looping his arm with hers and watched her blush and he laughed girlishly to enforce that this was just a friendly gesture.

“Neh Erika-chan don’t tell me you are so shyyy I mean girls in America do this all the time don’t worry neh?” Really he just wanted to end up closer to the cute girl who had caught him grabbing his fake s. Peer pressuring Erika into linking arms with him sure as hell seemed like a nice way to do it.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Toma walked into the room where both his best friends would be staying…truth be told he was almost a little afraid as to whether this would work out. At Karaoke it seemed like Shun and Pi had been almost incompatible from the start, refusing to share anything from a drink to a nacho plate.

Toma walked in happily and grinned. “Ohayoooo mes amis! Comment ca va on this lovely morning!” His eyes had been closed to add to the cuteness of his extremely happy grinning face. As he slowly winked one eye open he saw that both Shun and Pi were staring at each other across the room, truth be told… Toma found it to be a little odd.

Plus the fact that neither of them had said hello to him yet was striking him as off.

“Neh…what’s wrong? Is everything okay Shun-kun, PiPi?” Usually the nickname PiPi was only used to elicit a response from Yamapi when he was in one of his particularly broody moods where he refused to talk to anyone and wanted to burn everything in sight with his trusty pound-store lighter.

“Toma,” was all he got from PiPi today as a response. He decided to act as if he was going to cry he said act because he might as well practice the sad face he'd be putting on for his new drama where he'd be the supporting actor. His first major role.

He felt a pang in his chest and realized je almost regretted the fact that he had made Yamapi come study here for his last year so they could graduate or debut together like they’d always said they would. Perhaps he was afraid Yamapi wouldn't want to be friends with him anymore after meeting everyone here, or vice versa.

“Shun-kun…Maki-chan is waiting for you neh? So you should get up and leave.” Well actually Toma wasn’t quite sure about how truthful this phrase was but Maki was always waiting for Shun so it seemed that his false statement would work out anyways.

“We’re having a staring contest,” Shun said in answer to his prodding statement.

“Baka,” He heard both of them say in unison. Toma freaked out gasping with the O-face permanently imprinted

“THE BOTH OF YOU ARE ALREADY HAVING STARING CONTESTS!! How do you think that makes me feel huh? Your supposed ‘best friend’ for the both of you huh? I feel left out that’s what…make me feel bad on the first day of school…be ashamed of yourselves. You both are horrible-“ At that precise moment both Yamapi and Shun turned to glare at Toma and Toma unconsciously gulped as he felt both of their broody, dark, depressive type glares on him and he giggled nervously as he edged towards the door fumbling to find the door knob.

“Heh…I’ll just um…go.”

“You do that…” He heard Yamapi say turning his eyes back to Shun. It was quite obvious that this staring contest was going to take a while. Toma sighed involuntarily. He could go say hi to Kame but he’d probably try and get Toma to do one of these stupid staring contests and Toma wouldn’t do it with anyone but his best friend, Yamapi!

But Yamapi was a stare . He wasn't loyal at all to Toma like Toma was to him.

Toma nodded as he acted out his thoughts and then realized that he was completely lying to himself and the reason he didn’t want to Kame’s room was because of the fact that a)Kame would either puke on him from a previous hangover or b) Kame would glare at him in a way that wasn’t a friendly staring contest and more like a get-the--out-of-my-room.

“Ja-ne!” He said going outside heading towards the common room as he spotted Mao’s bouncy brown curls going in the same direction.

“MAO!” He yelled out trying to catch her attention and watched her turn around and for that brief moment when she flicked her head back with such power and grace she looked exactly like her mentor Maki and he felt his heart stop.

“Maki,” He said quietly his mouth not listening to his brain signals which were clearly saying that it was Mao not Maki. He shook his head violently. Not now..he had promised himself and it was stupid of him even to think of two people as similar when in fact they were almost polar opposites in the looks area.

“No can’t think of that.” He said softly out loud before he started walking towards her wiping any hesitation of his face and replacing it with one of his wide sunny smiles that were so well received by the mass population of girls in Japan. He didn’t have a job today but he had been invited to an opening of a club and he’d been hoping to ask Mao out to it anyways.

Sure he didn’t like her, or at least he didn't like her as much as Maki, but this way she always brought Maki along. Plus, it wasn’t like Mao was horrible company it’s just that she’d never made his heart thump the way it did for Maki.

That didn’t mean she wasn’t good conversationalist though.

He watched her smile and join her hands behind her back as she yelled out. “Toma-chan! Ohayo.” Her yell seemed to get gradually louder but he decided that it was because he got closer and not because her voice got louder…though his ears did hurt a little from her loud yell.

“Ahh Mao-chan I wanted to ask you,” Here he looked down as a boy who was in love with a girl would he even held his breath so that a slight blush would rise to his cheeks and watched her turn her head shyly away too.

“Are you busy tonight? I have these passes to the opening of the new club and I wanted to know if you could come with me-“ He paused here taking a deep breath before adding on to his prior sentence. “And you could bring Maki-chan of course…Shun-kun will come too actually let’s just all go but I wanted to know especially if you could come with me…as I’m supposed to be a guest of honor or at least one of them and…I want you with me and-“

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thats it! I'll continue more of it later next week but thats quite a bit already. We'll find out Mao's reaction later in the next chapter! Lots of exciting things coming up...ESPECIALLY:

A lot more of the guys and Maki, which I know a lot of you have been looking forward to.

THANKS FOR READING!

Thanks to those who commented I love you guys! namely: Ichigokut3, AX, Zing, Makitear-chan, and Gl! <33

Comment again and receive even more love than before! For a limited time only!

And here is this week's, very likable apparently, ACTOR CONFERENCE!!

[Theme song star-]

Yamapi: MATTE! How can we decide who sings the theme song

Author: I didn't even know we had a theme song

Shun: BAKAA Of course we do. I'm not happy with you you know...I still wasn't in many scenes *glare*

Author: MUAHAHAA...I'm the one with the keyboard Shun...mee so you just have to wait.

Toma: Well Shun-kun...I'm happy ^.^

Shun: That's cause you got scenes...with MAO of all people *jealous*

Author: OOO I sense a mud fight! *chants*

Yamapi: Nani? Really a mudfight? Our author iss really an idiot isn't she? How could we ever sign that stupid contract?

Jun: I know *is broody cause he just got out of his three hour make up session that makes him a girl* You know you guys should at least let Ara-

Yamapi and Toma: NO! Arashi is not singing ANOTHER theme song.

Jun: *broody squared*

Author: Well noww... can I sing the theme song?

All: NO!

Author: *takes out pen and laughs evilly while lightening strikes*

All: *scared* Why??

Yamapi: Yes why is Maki holding onto me!? *looks at her oddly as she grasps his arm*

All: *look at Maki*

Maki: *nervous giggle as she lets go and composes herself* I think its time to actually start the theme song neh? OREEETTAAA AWAIII TSUBASA KIMI-

All: *disappear*

Maki: EEHHH I'm not that bad am I?

[/end]

Gomen nasaii if it wasn't as funny as last week I'm not feeling comedic at the moment.

HOPE YOU ENJOYED READING THIS CHAPTER!