Together Again and Hiro Might Be The Only One Sane

Third Time's The Charm
ENJOY LOVELIES! TWO NEW CHARACTERS: MIZUSHIMA HIRO FROM HANAAAA KIMI!! AND NISHIHARA AKI FROM HANA YORI DANGO!!!

------------------------------------------------------------
“OI, look at how sweetly those two are behaving! You never share with me like that.” The girl was saying to the boy angrily, she was stamping her foot on the ground and looked as if she was going to punch the dude.

“Well I don’t love you that much.” He said smirking at her with a look on his face that showed he really was a bit of a smart when it came to her.

“What a horrible boyfriend!” The girl screamt and the boy shrugged uselessly. He didn't seem to care much about what kind of boyfriend he was to this poor girl.

“Aki, seriously I’m just dating you cause you put out for me.” He said truthfully sitting up from the grass. Looking now at the girl’s shocked face, it almost hurt him, so he sat up and decided that it was probably time he stopped using her.

“Gomen nasaii Aki…I guess we shouldn’t see each other anymore.” He said, he loved her...but only in one place, in bed. That couldn't keep happening if he had to eventually get serious with someone, he couldn't date a high school girl who was a 'host' of all occupations. Aki’s eyes widened at the surprise of the deception.

“Hiro… you really do just want a girl to sleep with don’t you?” She said her voice shaking in realization of what kind of man she'd trusted for so long now. She’d kind of thought he was joking,but of course Hiro didn’t joke. Hiro really didn’t do much that made him stand out. It was really just his looks that had attracted her to him, which was why when he was young she'd hated him! What on earth had influenced her to start dating him even with his looks? She really didn’t know... or rather she couldn't really remember.

Perhaps it was the way he hadn’t really given her a choice and shoved his tongue down .

But it had been a good kiss she remembered well.

It was that forceful, aggressive, absolutely horrible kiss she decided.

But of course nowadays Hiro didn’t even do that as well to her.

“Hai,” He said lazily and Aki got up as he slept back down and stepped on his chest with her simple black shoes.

“Well you know what Mizushima Hiro I don’t want to be with you either and you were horrible in bed! So-I don’t even want to date you. You can go to hell for all I care.”

“Don’t speak too much in anger and piss me off Aki or I’ll tell everyone in school, where you work.” He said lazily and Aki’s eyes widened as she shook her head. He was using that as leverage against her? So what if she worked at a host club? So what if she'd had to be the one who usually ended up with the old men later? She needed the money bad! And she was learning to be a better lady...something she'd always been horrible at her.

One day when she became a number one like Rosa she'd definetely ruin Hiro's life.

“You really can’t be trusted can you Hiro?” She said her voice shaking a little with the weak voice of someone who has just been deeply hurt. Yes, she supposed if she was to admit it fully Aki had probably loved him just the slightest bit.

She’d found his quiet behaviour charming, and found his unspoken words of love intriguing. It was with him she'd learnt how to talk with just the power of your eyes, it was very possible.

She doubted they'd even had very many actual conversations with each other throughout the duration of their relationship.

Mao and Shun both turned to the couple who were fighting far off as they were making quite the commotion. They glanced at each other ready to mock the couple into oblivion quietly. Mao shifted her head to get a better look at the girl and boy ready to mock their looks but she immediately recognized the two of them as one a previous enemy and one a previous friend.

She started towards the two of them in shock at seeing them again. She hadn't yet realized that she was leaving Shun behind but she knew he’d probably following her anyways. Bouncing on her sneakers she tapped the girl’s shoulders lightly. “Aki?” She said quietly hoping that Aki would recognize her just as easily but it would probably be hard to. She was no longer the tight braid wearing black haired girl she was before. Her image had changed drastically, and her personality itself had gone through drastic changes.

It was Mao, but Aki couldn’t recognize her. Aki and Mao had been the closest friends possible in school. Mao had attended a ‘normal’ junior high, and so had Aki. Aki had never really known about Mao’s connections to the upper class and when one day Mao had simply disappeared and not told Aki where she was going Aki had been incredibly depressed. She’d missed her friend but of course she’d had no idea how to meet up with her as she also had no idea as to which school Mao had decided to attend.

She’d only recently gotten very little information on Mao from the gossip train, Mao was practically the queen of, that she was sort of dating Ikuta Toma…Aki’s favorite up and coming actor.

Talk about a burn. Not only does your best friend disappear from the face of the earth, when she finally returns she's on the cover of the tabloids with your favourite celebrity.

“What is it?” Aki asked somewhat rudely, not recognizing her friend. Mao almost wanted to just turn around and forget about introducing herself to this new rude version of Aki. After all she hadn’t been treated like a normal person for a very long time and it wasn’t like Aki was at all affected by her commanding presence.

“OI! You really don’t remember me baka?” She said pushing Aki hoping that would ring some sort of bell when Aki suddenly pushed her back just like she used to and Mao felt a smile creep up onto her face. Shun in response to the smile almost looked shocked. She was never this friendly to strangers usually.

He started to try linking the girls. Maybe she was one of Koyama’s ex-flings?

Nooo Mao hated all of Koyama’s flings.

Maybe she was someone she’d met a the club last night?

Nooo then why wouldn’t the girl remember Mao?

Maybe she was a yakuza?

No that was just stupid.

Shun grinned though as he watched the girl curse Mao out and Mao eagerly cursed her back with an almost joyous expression on her face as if she was going to hug the girl who didn’t want anything to do with Mao.

“OI! Whoever you are can’t you see I’m trying to break up with my boyfriend?!”

“Aki you really are the dumbest host I’ve ever seen how on earth do you keep your guests entertained?” The boy lying on the ground lazily said. Shun couldn’t help but compare him to Yamapi or Kame. It looked like they would get along well.

“HIRO! URUSAI!” Aki said loudly getting ready to kick him when Mao suddenly started laughing.

“You guys are exactly the same…except for the fact you two are dating and all.”

“WERE DATING! Who the are you? Seriously. I’m not into this type of guessing .” Aki said glaring at the girl looking as if she was going to direct her kick to her.

“I know you told me that a million times. That's why I'm doing this to bug you dumb . Want a hint?” Mao asked curiously and Shun almost laughed at the exasperated look on Aki's face. She looked as if she was about to direct the kick towards Mao herself instead of the real reason of her wrath, her somewhat nonchalant boyfriend.

Shun sat himself down beside the boy and introduced himself while the two girls sorted it out. He might as well just ask ‘Hiro’ why Mao was so interested in this girl.

“I’m Oguri Shun,” He said in a friendly tone of voice that was completely fake and he didn’t really want to make friends with the boy but he couldn’t just stand around watching Mao and the girl fight. It was boring.

“I’m Mizushima Hiro. Why are you talking to me?” He asked bluntly and Shun turned to face him a look of indignation but of course that was complete hypocrisy and the boy already knew that.

So Shun relaxed his fake demeanor and settled onto the grass just as comfortably as the guy and kind of understood why the boy didn’t react much to the girl’s threats. The grass seemed to have a calming effect on the body.

He started comparing it to a doobie (A/N: A doobie for those who aren't familiar with this slang is a cigarette)

He turned to look at the boy and decided that maybe this boy was just a little too relaxed. “Oi…Mizushima. Why is Mao so interested in this girl?” Shun asked and Hiro shrugged a little.

“Oi, Oguri…Aki and Mao have been friends for ages. They haven’t kept in touch at all since high school. Aki’s really forgotten about her now but it took her a long time to do so. It seems like Mao’s had her in the back of her mind the whole time.” Hiro said mocking Shun. Shun let out a groan.

“That’s a horrible summary, Mizushima. Where do you fit into all this?”

“I don’t. I’m not even friends with either of them. Aki’s just really pretty and a real easy lay. Who could resist both those qualities? Especially the last one. That’s why I went chasing after her and now I’m breaking up with her. It’s still a work in progress though cause your girlfriend stopped that as soon as she recognized Aki.” Hiro said laughing and Shun shot his eyes wide open.

“Ohhh nonononono she is not my girlfriend. I have a girlfriend. She’s real pretty too her name is Maki not Mao. Mao can’t be my girlfriend look at her she’s too odd. She’s not only odd…she’s...really odd and she doesn’t know how to be normal and not odd. Just look at her she’s far too excited about something as simple as seeing someone from her junior high, and she’s bouncing uselessly and she’s left me with the ice cream. That might actually be a good thing.” Shun said as he remembered the ice cream in his hand and started it. The ice cream came back to its original owner after all he thought letting out an evil laugh as to which Mao looked at him oddly but didn’t regard the ice cream in his hand.

“Dude…that is the lamest excuse of an excuse. I don't want her to be my girlfriend cause she's odd? You can tell you like her.” Hiro said his eyelids drooping uselessly and Shun shrugged almost kind of hating this boy's ability to spot the truth within people easily.

“No I don’t.” He said as if trying to confirm a truth even he knew wasn’t quite the actual truth but what could Shun do about it but deny it? It wasn’t as if he could act on it. Maki was too precious to him in some ways, Mao was not a commitment freak unless it involved Toma, who was his best friend and did actually like Mao in some way so it wasn’t like he could betray him like that. He was someone who had believed in him from the beginning. Even when he was a math nerd.

No this was just far too ed up. Shun should have taken his chance when he had it and he hadn’t. If ever Maki broke up with him then he’d go for Mao but until then he had Maki to hold onto. She was just as pretty, more intelligent considering she almost never needed help in math, and she was definitely the epitome of perfection in some people’s eyes.

“I don’t want a hint. I WANT AN ANSWER DUMB! I WANT AN ANSWER! LIE BUT I WANT IT TO BE THE ANSWER I WANT!” Aki said actually raising her foot, she was taking out all the anger she had on Hiro right now on Mao. Mao easily blocked it with her hand as if she was used to this sudden behavior. Aki looked as if she was close to tears, but it wasn't because of Mao. Shun could tell it was because the shock of Hiro's break up announcement had worn off and now the pain was coursing through her body.

“OI! You didn’t think of me as your best friend at all did you Aki-chan?” Mao said.

“SPELL IT OUT! According to my boyfriend everything has to be spelt out for me anyways right? I'm too dumb right? That's why.” She said glaring at Hiro who sat up lazily for about two seconds looking as if he was to say anything but then he shrugged and lay back down.

“Ex-boyfriend.” He said sluggishly and Aki growled and huffed away from him.

Mao almost looked too happy but she decided to end this game of guess who with Aki and decided to reveal herself. She wondered how Aki would react. Would they do the girly hug? Would the squeal and run away and run back? Would they comment on how they put on so much weight?

No those were things Mao would do with Maki, Erika, and Megumi respectively. With Aki she’d probably stare at each other and then push each other’s shoulders and joke around and go around punching all the guys that pissed them off or commented on their sometimes bordering on lesbian behavior.

If Aki had wanted to she could have become a Yankee and Mao could have followed her as well but they didn’t want to be a part of those crowds that harassed people so roughly. They made their own crowd; they were their own label. Maoki.

And then of course there was Hiro. He was really quite a useless enemy. He’d fight with them every so often but really he’d just insult them a lot in a really sleepy manner.

“I’m Mao. Inoue Mao.” She said finally and Aki looked at her as if she didn’t recognize the name.

Mao now doubted putting herself in a sort of vulnerable position where she could be hurt. Then a look of recognition crossed Aki’s face and Mao sighed in relief.

What she hadn’t been expecting was to be kicked during her sigh of relief.

“! YOU HORRIBLE HORRIBLE ! Why did you never tell me where the you went? What a horrible friend. Hiro lets go. I don’t need to spend time with someone who doesn’t even bother telling their supposed best friend what high school she’s going to.” Aki said harshly and Hiro looked at her slothfully. He knew that Aki wasn't thinking straight...and if the real calm Aki saw this she would immediately hit this pissed off one on the head. With a bat. Multiple times.

As he made his move to get up and follow her out of there he realized he knew this girl too well. Far too well, so well that he was following her even after he promised to break up with her?

No this familiarity with her behaviour, her mannerisms, her smiles, her glares, her laughter...it all had to stop.

And it would stop today.

“Not your boyfriend anymore.” He said sharply, not sounding sleepy at all, looking at Aki with a look that clearly said that he wasn’t going anywhere. However, it quickly broke down into one of shock as he recognized one of saddest gazes he’d ever seen in Aki's eyes, which clearly illustrated that Aki was about ready to cry now.

Mao had never really seen Aki a year ago as she’d gone around town looking for her friend. The memory suddenly floated back into his view, the look on her face as she searched Tokyo up and down for her friend and couldn’t find her. He remembered the panic. He remembered the look of defeat on her face.

He remembered telling her she was a dumb for not asking her best friend where she was going to high school; this had obviously been before they started dating and he'd had to charm his way into her skirt. It was when he'd told her the harsh truth and hadn't softened it just to see that smile which signified that he was getting one step closer to earning the trust that was the treasure of her heart.

Aki had always assumed that Mao was going to Ohsaka Gakuen like her. Mao had attended the exams and passed so there was no reason to believe she wouldn’t. She'd even jumped up and down with Aki in front of the board which told them who'd passed and been accepted into the school.

She had always thought it was an unspoken vow between the two that they would attend the same high school as they had elementary and junior high.

Of course obviously that vow had been broken and at the pain of seeing her best friend again the somewhat strong Aki, Hiro noticed, was breaking down much like the vow had. If she didn’t get out of her best friend's sight she might forgive her far too easily or she might hold a grudge against her for even longer.

Aki wanted to hold of meeting Mao for now.

Hiro immediately got up to his feet, the break up be damned he'd worked far too hard to finally get her to smile a true smile. He might as well give her that as a present when he left her.

He gave Mao a look of discontent as he wrapped his arms around Aki’s waist and started to drag her away from Shun and Mao possessively.

“Ja ne,” He said for Aki and himself. He watched Mao nod back in confusion and Shun did as well but with far less confusion. They did it in exactly the same way as well that Hiro couldn’t not believe that they weren’t romantically linked. They seemed to be perfect for each other in a way that Aki and himself would never achieve…which was why he was breaking up with her.

After all what was the point in dating a girl you would never want to marry?

Then again, he thought as he looked onto Aki’s now wet face as she let silent tears pour out of her eyes, and silent whimpers leave .

Who needed perfection?

It wasn’t perfection that made you feel good when you were wrapping your arms around your lover, it wasn't perfection that made it exciting, rather on the contrary. He'd been with the perfect girl for him before.

After perfection what was left to achieve? Perfection was an unattainable goal, which was fun to attain. It wasn’t fun to have in possession. You bored people far too easily with perfection.

So as he guided her to the subway station and entered the train that came by in front of them, waving the hair away from their faces, with her he slowly hugged her and let her lean on him for support, in the crowded cart.

She didn’t seem to be yelling too much but he knew for sure there would be snot on his new sweater now.

“We can break up later I suppose,” He said weakly, surprised at how he'd let his resolve break for her. She nodded in response to him and held on tighter, burying her head in his scent.

“Gomen nasaii Hiro,” She said and Hiro didn’t answer, hoping not to look weak for not actually properly breaking up with her.

But Aki could already tell that Hiro didn’t really mind as he encircled his arms around her waist and rested his head on top of hers.

And she knew she really didn’t mind not breaking up either as she heard his heartbeat match her own and her light sobs finally stopped.

But Mao showing her face in front of her again? That was something she didn't quite know didn’t know how to react to.

Though as she stood there two stops away from her own squeezing Hiro she knew she didn’t want to react to it or think about it just yet.

She might as well savour as much of him as possible after all after this it wasn’t going to be like she would be able to get keep her innocence.

The only reason she hadn’t given it up yet to anyone and hadn’t been forced to by her manager was because she had Hiro, a senator's son. Also, she’d been just 15 when she'd first been told about what she'd have to do eventually.

Of course they thought she was just 19 though.

Now though she was filling out more with age and the lack of Hiro around the club after would raise questions.

Questions that if weren't answered desired response would leave her jobless and homeless.

This time as she sobbed and held onto him tighter, it was for an entirely different reason.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: I love Aki and Hiro's relationship. They remind me so much of that dirty couple in the movies you know? That couple that does all the dirty in the movie, they do the drugs and stuff but eventually they realize that there's no greater high than the love they receive from each other.

AHHHH I wish half the stuff I wrote about would happen to me. T.T

AS USUAL I LOVE MY LOVELY REVIEWERS! Ichigokut3, Zing, missjade, makitear-chan, deppfan, gl, and of course Ayumi! GLOMPAGE TO ALL!

Remember to tell me what you guys loved and hated about this chapter. I'm sorry about the lack of the other characters.

I feel Jun deprived don't you? Well good news is...(for me at least) I'm planning on making him have at least some role in the next chapter.

AND NOW WITHOUT FURTHER ADO I HOPE YOU LOVE THIS NEW...ACTOR'S CONFERENCE!

Mao: Ehhh Maki-chan! Wait up eh I have something to ask you.

Maki: What is it Mao-chan? *confused*

Mao: *giggle* Are you and Yamapi-kun going to kiss in Kurosagi the upcoming movie? I KNOW It's not really you guys that do it...it's Tsurara and Kurosagi but I love that show and-

Yamapi: *claps a hand over Mao's mouth* Mao...do you really think we're allowed to tell you stuff like that?

Yui: Exactllyyy and I think that Yamapi-kun would rather kiss my character. So don't worry about anything.

Mao: I wasn't really worried...but now I feel like I have a reason to be if he's kissing you-*muffled cause now Yui's clapping a hand over too*

Maki: *giggle* Kawaii Mao-chan!

Shun: She is...she really is. *nods dreamily*

Maki: *grabs his hand*

Shun: *pulls away* Oh hell no...we're breaking up soon girlie. Hiro taught me a couple of lessons this chapter.

Maki: Ehh? You're joking! You're joking right?! *shaky voice*

Shun: You're right I am joking *foolish grin*

Maki: BAKA! *slaps his head*

Yamapi: Yeah man please stick with her so she gets another reason to not follow me around like a sick puppy.

Maki: I do not follow you around like a sick puppy.

Yamapi: You follow me around, whether your sick or not...well that has to be debated after we look inside your head to find out whether you're erted or not.

Maki: You're sick. You guys are sick! All of you!

Hiro: I'm not sick.

Jin: I haven't done anything to be sick.

Kame: I would lie like Jin...but there's no point. Everyone already knows I'm quite sick.

Jin: *scowls at Kame* I WAS TRYING TO LOOK GOOD TO MAKI-CHAN!

Kame: That would never have happened anyways. Face it Jin you have no hope.

Jin: OH! Now I know why Ueda fought with you eh!

Megumi: Oh god...here goes their Johnny brother mentioning again.

Erika T.: Boooooring. This is why Shota's got one up on you Kame. He actually talks about people I know. Like the other Erika.

Shota and Erika S.: *talking a corner looking suspiciously close to each other*

Erika T.: *looks a little hurt as she turns away* Right Right...but no one could beat you Kame-sama anyways.

Jin: Uhoh...Kame got competition! He's never really had competition other than Yamapi...which was why he was so y to him for like ever before they become like the bestest buds ever.

Yamapi: Admit it, it made you jealous.

Jin: NUH UH! ANYWAYS I WASN'T THE ONLY ONE JEALOUS!

Yamapi: Oh yeah...who else was jealous?

Jin: *thinks* TOMA! TOMA-KUN WAS JEALOUS TOO!

Toma: Please...I'm always jealous...Yamapi gets the hot ad with POSH AND BECKHAM! Okay and that was around the same time as when he and Kame got it on. POSH AND BECKS!

Jin: *edges away*

Megumi: *slaps Toma on the back* Stop scaring people!

Toma: Stop hitting people! Be more like a girl god.

Megumi: Jin wanted to be the girl in our relationship. He asked to even wear the-

Jin: NOTHING! SHUT UP MEGUMI! *jumps on her back and surprisingly stays up as he claps hand over *

Jun: OOHHH hehehehe Jin doesn't way anything. Even Megumi can hold him up. You see kouhai jin..you will always be less superior to me! THE GREAT ME! *evil laughter*

Mao: Urusai.

Jun: *immediately stops evil laughter and stares at her obediently.*

YOUTUBE VIDEOS I RECOMMEND YOU WATCH!!!:

TomaxMakixPi: A country Girl's Love:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7u6j6jLgLck

MaoxJun: Fix You:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7u6j6jLgLck

MaoxJun, Yamaki, RyorikaS.: Missing:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JBDnD9rAfHk

ShunxAya: All You Wanted:
http://www.youtube.infamousx.com/v/h8TomM7KA6Y

XOXO

Lillith