The Awakening of Secret Feelings & Shun's Melting

Third Time's The Charm
5:00 PM
"WHY DO I HAVE TO SPEND THE EVENING WITH THIS WOMAN?" Yui shrieked loudly at Pi who was holding onto Mao’s arm with his own. Albeit Mao looked like she wanted to yank it back with every word that came out of Yui’s unpleasant mouth.

"We’re going down to the cafeteria to eat dinner. You are joining us out of my hospitality and if you dare try anything on my sister I’ll you over."

Yui grinned wickedly. "Can’t wait! I just have to mess with her neh?" She said happily jumping over to Mao’s side.

"What bugs you most?" She asked her in an almost caring manner that could convince someone that she actually did want to help Mao out.

"I’m not his girlfriend. There’s nothing you should be doing to me if you want to sleep with resident man ." She muttered underneath her breath as her phone rung and she flipped it open as Yui and Yamapi glared at each other.

"You have another girlfriend?"

"Why should you care?!" He yelled back. God he could get so sick of this girl! Why did she insist on following him around? In his first couple of days here he’d expected to see Yui and feeling finally relieved that she wasn’t coming and putting her out of his mind had caused her to show up yet again to annoy the crap out of him.

"BECAUSE YOU WERE MY DAMN FIRST!" Yui yelled back and Mao cringed as the moved back away from the two so she could recognize the voice on the other end.

"NO I ING WASN’T. I CAN TELL THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN A AND ONE WHO ISN’T!"

"YOU SHOULD KNOW SHOULDN’T YOU!" She seemed hurt closing her eyes shut tight. She stayed silent for a moment and Mao thanked god for the small amount of generosity. "I DIDN’T MEAN MY FIRST OKAY YAMAPI? I MEANT MY FIRST LOVE! GOD! IS THAT ALL YOU MEN THINK ABOUT!?" She yelled angrily pushing his shoulders and Yamapi pushed her shoulders back. He’d known Yui since he was literally four. Needless to say they’d hated each other for quite a while and he’d used her to find out she’d already been used when he was scared of committing to Masami. It was quite sad for him to admit that he’d given up something like ity which showed a sign of commitment to someone who he knew he would never commit to.

He wouldn’t admit that he felt that way though. That would have him labelled gay and then he’d have to hear Toma flaunt it in his face over and over again.

"WILL YOU TWO SHUT THE UP?!" Mao yelled and was finally able to hear some silence as the two glared at each other. Yui in her perfectly ty clothes that suited her quite well Mao had to admit and Yamapi with his steamy gaze that could be perceived as one of lust but Mao could tell was purely of the want to boil Yui in.

"Mao?" Koyama spoke from the other line.

"Yeah?" She spoke back shaking her head. The idiot. He’d texted her about what he and Erika were about to do.

"Don’t be mad at me neh?" Koyama pleaded silently.

"I’m not. I’m just- did you really dislike Erika that much that you decided to hand her over to someone else? I kind of wanted her to change you too Koyama. You’re pretty loose." She said truthfully and heard Koyama snort. God he was such a nerd.

"God that was sick sounding. Yeah no. I thought she was a sweet girl who deserved to be with the guy she liked. You can never change my PLAYA and me! Ways."

"You are not Tanaka Koki ‘kay?" Mao rolled her eyes at the way Koyama was mimicking their favourite rap artist.

"Anyways I guess call me to tell me how it goes for her neh? Talk to you later hun. Muah love you." Mao said hanging up on her brother and turning to look at Yui who was flushed bright red, as they were both in her room.

"YOU WILL NOT TALK TO THAT IN MY ROOM!" She shrieked out loud and Mao rolled her eyes as she started out of the room easily without thinking twice. After all it wasn’t a hard choice Crazy Who Really Hated Her? Or Crazy Brother Who at Wooing Her Best Friend but Bought Her Kate Spade Bags?

Duh Kate Spade bags!

Pi followed her rolling his eyes as well. There really was no comparison between Mao and Yui. Mao was clearly the winner in every single case as she usually was. He could easily see why Toma got so infatuated with her. It was easy to get drunk on a girl who was able to wield power so well, like it was a birth right when it was anything but.

And Yui couldn’t help but follow the two because she didn’t want to be left alone in the dark corners of her lonely room. Even she had to agree at the moment she was at quite the disadvantage.

Damn.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
5:00 PM

"So I’m supposed to thank you right?" Shun said grinning widely as he stared on at the girl beside him who looked almost doubtful of Shun’s behaviour like he wasn’t acting a certain way.

"Are you sure you’re okay? I mean if I was you I’d be far brattier."

"Yeah well that’s always been your problem. You’re always too bratty." She’d just parked in front of Eitoku and let the car keep running as she turned to face him.

"Shut the up Shun." She said turning the ignition of the car back on and revved it up looking at her brother with expectant eyes waiting for him to get out of her car.

"I’m not getting out." WHY THE HELL NOT? She wanted to shout at him but instead she just nodded silently the pissed off look on her face apparent miles away.

"Fine...but you aren’t coming up with me. I’ll drop you off at your brother’s how’s that?"

"How’s that going to help at all? I bet you two are rooming together."

"In Neverland." She agreed somewhat complacently.

"Oh god you’re still using that lame saying? That was like the lamest thing ever. You have any idea how much Mao laughed at you for it?"

"Ugh you’re still on about that girl? I thought you’re dating someone else now." She said and looked at him almost expectantly.

"We’ve broken up. I’m pretty sure I’ll end up breaking up Mao and her boyfriend so she can be mine like she’s meant to be now." Shun lied. He was just thinking it. He would never do anything to ever harm Mao’s happiness. It was hard to admit though that Toma was the embodiment of her happiness.

"Talk about rough player. So glad you’re not drooling after me. I was afraid it’d be a case of like brother like brother." Aya said grinning widely as she sped up and Shun immediately reached for the seat belt.

"Oh god you are such a wimp!" She yelled at him as her hair flew in the wind. She really did miss Jun. Every time she was with Shun his face would float back like he was the guy beside her.

But in a way it was important for the two of them to have this time apart.

"I’m just wondering how on earth they let you have a license and how you’re managing to drive so fast in a city like Tokyo."

"You obviously haven’t watched Tokyo Drift."

"That movie flopped here. Such a Twinkie." He rolled his eyes as Aya turned to look at him with her jaw on the floor.

"I’ll have you know-"

"EYES ON THE ROAD!" Shun yelled as he saw his life flash before his eyes as the bright light of the truck entered his cornea from far too short a distance for his liking.

Aya giggled as if it wasn’t a big deal. She’d had much closer calls. "Gomen ne?" She swerved yet again causing Shun to seriously consider if he should have gotten out of the car when he still had a chance to save his life.

"So where are we going tonight?" He asked panting somewhat at the loss of his life, well almost. Aya was really too, too much for him to handle.

He had to admit he kind of liked it though. He liked feeling the danger. It was something he’d been missing the past couple of years, the years where he hadn’t felt anything surprising around him. Almost everything had been going the way he had known it would.

Until she had entered his life in full speed yesterday everything had been normal.

He didn’t mind. For a second he almost shocked himself before shaking his head. There was nothing unusual about this. He’d been getting bored with Maki, of course some unknown girl who was apparently really hot and his sister was completely going to turn his world upside down. It was to be expected.

There was nothing shocking or new about this. In fact it was broad as daylight kind of like she was. Like even now in the setting sun she looked as if she was-

Shun gulped reflexively as he stared on at his sister unable to drag his eyes away. It was like they were magnetically forced to go towards her. She even turned to look at him offering a smile before she let out a yell of joy from as she turned a sharp corner, which he barely noticed now as if the effect was almost dulled by that of her animated face.

He shook himself out of the gaze almost wanting to slap himself. What the hell had that been? It had felt as if for a minute there was nothing more that he wanted except to see Aya like that- wild and free and completely emotion-filled. No. He wouldn’t fall into the trap. This was exactly how Ryo had fallen.

He loved his brother but he wasn’t as stupid to fall for a girl like Aya who was so uncouth.

"What happened between Ryo and you?" He asked finally and Aya braked the car suddenly but even that jolt didn’t shock him enough to divert the topic by yelling at her like she’d intended.

For some reason Aya found she didn’t want him to anything about it. Either version of the horrible story. One would make Ryo look bad; one would make her look bad. She felt like Shun was kind of the innocent brother now, the only one who was supposed to stay out of this. She couldn’t explain it but all she knew was she had to try and keep Shun away from this topic.

"Absolutely nothing." She said softly while a car behind them honked and they could hear the Japanese couple swearing behind them on their changing speeds.

"These days youngsters!" They shouted apparently annoyed as they whizzed past Shun, who could barely keep his eyes off Aya and Aya who could barely keep her eyes off her feet.

"Why won’t you tell me? I’m going to find out once I get to New York. Wouldn’t you rather I knew the story that’s actually a version of the truth."

"We’re here." She said softly as she started moving the car towards a parking spot. Shun realized they were back at the Ritz, where Aya’s hotel room was.

"Aya,"

"Don’t ask please Shun. I already know how a lot of people look at me because they know the truth about it all; they know the lies of it all. The looks are the damn same. I don’t want those looks from you." She struggled a little he could tell as her hand shook as it raked itself through her long bouncy locks. He felt like reaching out to it and helping to steady it. It looked too unsure of itself, of its movements, as if there were two sides to every decision the hand had ever wanted to make.

Shun felt like making it easy for that hand.

He felt like guiding it into his own.

"Then mine shouldn’t change either should it? I’ve heard the lies." He fought back not willing to give up no matter how much Aya tried. She smiled weakly and got out of the car. He wished he could just tell her. You don't have to worry, you don't have to shake. You can trust me.

"Promise me something." Aya said softly her eyes shooting up at him with so many expressions hidden beneath that he found it hard to pick out which one was the most beautiful.

"What?" He asked softly. It was odd; these feelings didn’t seem very much like they were true. After all true emotions had to be the ones he had with Mao right? The ones where he felt like he could stay in a spot forever with her and be happy, never want change?

"You won’t reveal anything." She said softly as if she almost couldn’t believe the words coming out of .

"Of course I won’t." He had to bite back the insulting comment that surfaced automatically in his head out of habit. No one would really care about her anyways.

"Good." She said nodding and suddenly without even realizing he found himself dragged into the hotel and into her hotel room. Now normally when a girl did something like this it could only mean one thing.

Or it could possibly mean a number of things but the teenage boy, like Shun, would assume only one.

"Aya-"

"Wait here I’m going to go change," She gave his hand a small squeeze of reassurance and he clapped his hands over his mouth. Wow- this was not happening here. Perhaps it was the lack of anything from Maki or anyone but he found himself getting a little bit anxious. He didn’t want to do anything, at least not with Aya!

He really did want to know what the hell had happened between Aya and Ryo though.

But it seemed like Aya had other plans.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: How did you guys like that? I'm so sorry if it wasn't worth the wait but I don't have enough written yet to post up the entirety of the thing.

The endings a bit of a cliffy and it could go one of two ways. I'll get you guys thinking about that until the next chapter is posted (SOON I promise)

In the mean time: THANK YOU SO MUCH ALL OF YOU GUYS: nad_skyblue91, biniBningPunkista (who I cannot believe is checking for me! *glomp*), Christine, yulyachen13, Calliope, gl and hontoni crazy! You all rock a lot and I really appreciate your reviews.

I've started writing under another name here =D Just for one story for the heck of it which I had to post but felt really guilty for not posting TTTC so I didn't use the same name. If you find me you'll know. =D I'll let you know.

Anyhooo now chapter previews:

"What do you want me to say? I forgive you? Cause I really don’t."

"Are you that adamant on not telling me?"

"IF YOU CAN'T HANDLE HOW I LOOKED SUPERFICIALLY HOW COULD YOU HANDLE THE PAIN I FELT INSIDE!"

"Ryo’s been telling okaa-san that you’re going to come meet her."

"We’ve gone over this. Multiple times now. So many times you’re starting to look a bit pink and not red."

"It feels odd letting someone who likes me see a picture of the boy I like."

HOPE YOU ENJOYED IT AND OF COURSE COMMENT! Because that is love and it's true I get a lot of my energy from comments =D

Lillith XOXO.