Major Confusion and Mao's Hidden Explosion

Third Time's The Charm
ENJOY!!

------------------------------------------------------------
TUESDAY

3:00 AM

“So it’s three o’clock in the morning and you’re coming back to school with me dressed up as a guy. How do you feel?”

“Absoinggreat. DidItellyouNatsu-“

“Perhaps I shouldn’t have asked.” Jin said grinning widely as he felt Jun leaning on his shoulder for support. The kid had gotten drunk so easily. He almost felt bad for the guy. He didn’t know what had made him dress up as a girl, quite convincingly might Jin add, and move to Tokyo and yell at Aya like that but it was obviously something completely insane. Jin had a thing for the completely insane it had to be expected with falling for girls of the likes of Megumi and Rosa at the same time.

“So does my dearest Mao-chan know she’s rooming with a guy?” He asked and he heard Jun start breaking down in giggles. He should warn Natsuki later not to let this one get too drunk. It was bad enough that he had a lot to hide and practically went broadcasting it but Jun drooled (on Jin’s Armani) and giggled (like a girl), too.

“Mao…know me? GYAHAHAHAAA...HAA...ha.” Jin almost broke into laughter himself hearing the most odd laugh in his life. He was always curious to see whether Jun laughed like that when he wasn’t drunk. “She thinks I’m her best best best besttt girlfriend. She wants me to pick out her clothes. She wants to say sorry for selling out my secrets. She wants us to go bra shopping together even! Fix up our mutual friends! Do you think that a girl like that would really pick up on who I really am?” But she had picked up on who he really was perhaps not exactly what he was but she had gotten to know him better, worked her y angry woman magic on his brain and brainwashed him into thinking she wasn’t that bad a girl...because she wasn’t. “What I am...she doesn’t know what I am.” Jun laughed but the small disappointment in his shaky voice was evident to Jin. Jin turned his head sideways to look at Jun with a confused expression on his face.

“Matsumoto-cha- Matsumoto-kun if you don’t mind me asking you…why on earth are you here?” Jin couldn’t think of one logical reason for him to be doing what he was. So however out of line he was being he figured he might as well question the drunk man. It wasn’t like he would remember anything the next morning and if he did he’d just greatly regret it as most drunk people regretted being drunk and spilling all their secrets.

“I hate women.” Jun answered instantly looking completely serious but Jin couldn’t help the burst of snickering that burst forth from his throat as he bent over and doubled in laughter snatching onto the silky fabric of his suit with his fingers positioned like claws over the cloth.

“Oh yes that completely makes sense Matsumoto. That’s the best ing reason I’ve heard to dress up as a girl and move to Tokyo.” He said laughing as he wrapped an arm around Jun affectionately as if they were friends. Jun immediately found his face getting somewhat disgusted with the affectionate gesture. It was alright to touch him only if Jun made the first move himself.

“No no…I seriously hate women. They’re horrible people really. They can never choose anything. Who they want, what to eat. I really mean everything. Mao can’t pick out her clothes for and when she picks them out finally they’re complete and they look all wrong on her. Aya can’t pick whom the hell she wants to be loyal to and Maki…well she can’t even see all the choices in front of her. She’s completely oblivious to the fact that her best friend’s boyfriend is entirely in love with her. Don’t even get me started on Erika. Megumi just ing doesn’t care and thus doesn’t matter. She’s the worst one out of the lot really too much of a . ” Jun grumbled quietly. Jin stared on at the confusing little teenager in front him barely containing himself from defending Megumi’s pointless reputation. Why did it seem like all Jun ever thought about was being the best type of person possible? Why did it seem like Jun wanted to be completely perfect and above everyone else? Why did it seem like he had to beat something when there was nothing to be beaten?

“Well…sorry but you and I obviously have different opinions on women then. I’m quite sure yours is wrong as well.” Jin said matter of factly as he slid out of Jun’s lean and went on ahead towards their school. Jun’s jaw dropped in awe. The bastard put his arms around him and then ducked under and said he was wrong all in a minute?! Oh no he didn’t!

“What?”

“Well…I think women are so absolutely great that I want to worship the ground they walk on. I want to meet as many of them as possible if I can’t be one myself adore as many of them as possible and maybe if I’m lucky find the one that was made to match my half of a heart.” Jin finished grinning widely as he turned his head sideways to see that Jun had caught up with him quite easily. Perhaps he wasn’t as drunk as he wanted to seem.

“Dare I ask you to elaborate?” He questioned sarcastically.

“Dare I say I’m absolutely jealous of you?” Jin questioned back and Jun furrowed his eyebrows shaking his head as if the idea was completely incomprehensible.

“What’s so great about me? You obviously have better physique than me right now since I’m not allowed to exercise and get muscular like I usually am. You are allowed to have girls falling over you like you’re the only thing that matters to them. If anything I’m jealous of you.” Jun said letting the envy he had for Jin hide nowhere in his voice.

“You don’t even know what you have do you? You have them. They’ve accepted you as one of their own. To find out that you’re something completely different will hurt each and every one of them. They’ve come to trust you Matsumoto. Women don’t trust men that easily but you’ve broken through without any effort necessary. Megumi will probably be the least hurt. She can get over things as easily because she was born not to dwell on what she’s lost on what she can lose, what she might be losing. There’s too many things waiting for her to pay attention to her and if you up with her then that’s your fault.” Jin grinned widely shaking his head. Megumi was the one he knew the best after all. He could only imagine her smug face, and strong stance as she walked away from him. She was the kind of woman one could come to worship easily, kind of like Mao herself. No wonder they were so close.

“Maki will want to gouge your eyeballs out as much as she won’t admit to anyone. She’ll pretend like she knew all along when you had her fooled the entire time. She tends to give off the smartest woman in the world aura when she’s anything but. She out of all of us makes the most mistakes.” Jin realized now he might sound a slight bit stalkerish but could he help it if he’d known these girls for so long? He knew how they reacted to things. Jun didn’t really notice it though, Jin could see his eyes starting to glaze over with a small form of guilt.

“Erika will cry and cry. She’ll hide from everything that would tell her the truth. She won’t believe you because she trusts the image you’ve put out in front of her.” Jin said laughing at the memory of his kouhais. Kame’s constant blabbing about her had put all her qualities in clear view for Jin to scrutinize. If only Kame would act on it already and maybe get over her. Then Jin wouldn’t have to listen to it anymore.

Jun stared at the ground and shook his head he still couldn’t wrap his head around what Jin had told him. One of them? What did that mean? He could never be one of them could he? He knew he was acting overly effeminate nowadays but that was only because he was around them so much. His head snapped up as he realized that Jin had forgotten to mention the one person who had probably come to mean the most to him during his short stay here. The one he would miss the most. The one who was so dense she could barely see what was in front of her all the time. “What about Mao?” Jun asked Jin who smiled at him in a way that almost scarily knew every single one of his thoughts.

“You tell me Jun-chan. I saved that one for you. Figured she was special since you were rooming with her."

Jun closed his eyes trying to imagine Mao’s face when she found out he wasn’t really a girl. “She’d look at me with disbelieving eyes. Had someone like myself really been able to fool her? She’ll wonder. She’d come over to me and slap me probably and walk away without another word. After all there is no real need to stop and form a friendship with someone who would deceive her like this. Then she’ll realize towards the end that it’s too late. She already cares for me a lot as a friend but the chances are by the time she comes back to tell me that she’ll never forgive me and banter with me in a manner that I’ll know she’s forgiven me I’ll be gone…and never will we meet again.” He said truthfully. This was really how he imagined it playing out in his head. Mao would be extremely hurt by this and probably wouldn’t be able to handle the truth in front of her were it to present itself willingly. She hated people who betrayed her.

“And you’re truly saying you hate this woman?”

Jun thought for a second before walking up to the entrance that had somehow reached before their eyes. “Not her…every woman but her. I hate Aya because she toys with me, I hate Natsuki because she sells herself and her conversation as a commodity, but…not her. I don’t hate her. I don’t think I could ever hate her.”

“I won’t tell anyone.”

“I figured you wouldn’t actually. Thank you.” He bowed appreciatively but almost tumbled over and felt Jin catch him from the back stifling a laugh. Jun tried to glare at him threateningly but it ended up just looking like a squint, which caused a small bubble of laughter to burst forth from his mouth.

“Wanna sleep in my room tonight? I grabbed the duffle bag you had with you.” Jin asked and Jun simply nodded. He wanted to have one relaxed night where he didn’t need to sleep with his fake s on, where he didn’t have to sleep in a nightgown.

“Thanks.”

“Anytime Jun-kun.” Jin said wrapping his arm over the younger boys head and letting him lean his shoulder. Jun seemed as if he was exhausted. He pitied the kid. No one at that age should have to look like that. At 16 he was still the biggest player possible, he was moving left and right between girls. One moment he’d have been flirting up Ema who’d reject his advances for the chibi boy and the next moment he would have been calling Aragaki Yui over while all the time comforting Mao about how no one hated her ending the day off with Megumi and none of them had ever made him as tired as Jun looked.

Then again spending too much time with Aya would probably get anyone to become like Jun was at the moment. Jin shuddered involuntarily this girl was powerful as hell.

8:15

“Did you hear?” Fujisawa Ema said while walking beside Koike Teppei. A guy she couldn’t help but hang around with often. At the moment she hated him though. She’d confessed to him and he’d taken it as a complete joke.

What an .

Still she couldn’t keep herself away from the chibi. She hated being in love. Girls like her didn’t fall in love, they were strong and glared at men but she’d found herself head over heels for the chibi boy who could never even hope to match up to her height.

“Hear what?” Teppei asked in shock. He was usually the one after all who came up to her with major gossip.

“Jin had another girl come out of his room today.” Ema said nodding her head and Teppei rolled his eyes. Ema always gave him ty news.

“What’s big about that?” Teppei said scoffing. It wasn’t ground breaking seeing as how Jin was the most wanted man on Eitoku High’s grounds. Beating out all other rivals like Kame, and Shun.

Jin was da man. Da man was the man that every single man in Eitoku wanted to be and every single girl wanted to give up her ‘flower’ to.

“It was someone who’s Mao’s really close friend and I don’t think she knew about it and…well you can only expect what’s going to happen.” Ema said as Mao entered the classroom grinning widely. It was History after all and as boring as the subject was she was absolutely great at it. She was the only one in the class with 100.

Teppei’s eyes narrowed. “It wasn’t Megumi was it?”

“You think I’d be telling you if it was?! It’s not like that’s new news anyways. She’s just stopped going there after she started dating Yamapi chibi but stop being so hung up over her!” Ema grumbled turning around in her seat and growling. Teppei could get on her nerves so easily! Now she wasn’t going to tell him. All that half girl could think about anyways was Megumi and how much he loved her and how much he wanted to be with her.

SHE DUMPED HIM ALREADY! Wasn’t it about time he got over it?

“Wakatta Wakatta…who was it?” Teppei asked regarding Ema's frustration as that of a best friend's. He looked at her with new interest when Mao immediately came over to Teppei and grinned widely and Teppei grinned back at her just as wide. He’d known she would have come up to him at some point. She hadn’t come for weeks now.

“Talking about something I should know about Teppei honey?” She said in a sugary sweet voice sitting on half his chair before class started.

“I’m just trying to get Ema to tell me who it was who was in Jin’s room last night. That would make an awesome scoop neh Mao-chan?” He said grinning with pride and Mao looked shocked but immediately her eyes brightened up as she started bugging the girl she priorly wouldn’t have cared about.

“Ema Ema! Tell us please!” She said pleading and Ema looked at her and rolled her eyes. She didn’t particularly like Mao too much. The only reason she was at the position she was in was because people wanted to give her the position and for some reason Ema had always felt that Mao had never really deserved it.

Especially seeing as since Mao had entered the picture she and Erika her prior best friend had stopped talking.

“It’s nothing really-“

“Whoa!” Hayami Mokomichi the yakuza heir said from the back of the classroom where someone had just entered the room and Mao turned around slowly to look at the cause of commotion as everyone broke into whispers.

Her eyes widened as if she couldn’t believe what she was seeing in front of her eyes.

“Oh thank god you made it in time for class hon.” Jin was saying caressing her cheek.

For some reason that got Mao angry.

“Jin…you needn’t have worried about me so much.” The very fangirly looking girl was saying giggling the tiniest shy laugh as she ducked her face into her hair and Jin nuzzled his face in Jun’s neck.

Mao’s eyebrow twitched.

“Oh god! Not here Jin!” Jun giggled embracing him in an one armed manner, he had a feeling that hand was itching to punch Jin in the face for over acting this.

“Sorry I couldn’t get you enough time to wear your uniform to class. I hope mine will do. It’s just as soon as I saw you wake up toda-“

“What is going on here?” Mao stepped in front of the two and Jin and Jun both turned to look at her in shock as if she didn’t really belong there in front of the two of them interrupting their beautiful little love scene.

“Well? Don’t I deserve an explanation? Come on spit it out.” Mao demanded. She couldn’t keep her bossy nature out. She felt almost betrayed for some reason. She’d never known Jun had been interested in Jin.

She’d never even known Jun was really a girl now that she thought of it. Not a girl like that at least. You know liking other boys and stuff.

Oh god what the hell was she thinking?!

She needed to stop! Of course Jun like guys! And she completely had a right to! Not just because Mao said so but also because biologically it was her birth right. .

This was weird...Mao shouldn’t really be explaining why Jun should like guys right? Plus she referred to herself in the third person. Very weird..

“Um I’ll see you later then?” Jin said looking to Jun and Jun turned away from Mao’s face almost reluctantly. That idiot had gone and made Mao mad. He’d hoped Mao wouldn’t end up caring too much about this little plan of theirs but obviously with that irked expression on her face Jun could already tell she didn’t believe their little charade like he’d thought most people wouldn’t.

Still it had been their only option. After all what other reason could Jin and Jun have for hanging out together at 3:00 in the morning? And it wasn’t like he himself had a problem with the idea. It could only enforce the idea that he was a girl for the students of Eitoku. Plus it felt so great to wear trousers again instead of a skirt to school. He almost loved Jin for the idea since he could sleep without the fake s on...that was always good.

AND BOXERS! FINALLY BOXERS! LET THE AIR FLOW THROUGH HIS USUALLY RESTRICTED AREAS NOW!!

“Sure hun,” Jun grinned flirtatiously and Mao ducked her head under her hand. Why did it seem so tempting? God that was weird like a temptresses seductive look.

Since when had Jun ever been in control of that expression?

“All right then. Today at three?”

“We’re meeting today at three?”

“I guess we are now.” Jin said grinning widely as he leant in for a kiss on the cheek and Jun flushed with anger as Jin kissed his cheek. The whole way here they’d been fighting about if Jun would let Jin do such an atrocious thing to him.

It was hard to believe that yesterday he’d been hating this guy for blowing air kisses to Mao and now Mao was standing there glaring at Jun as he let Jin abuse his cheek.

As Jin finally left the room the class silenced almost waiting for Mao to make a move. It was no secret due to Megumi that Mao had liked Jin forever ago and seeing her most recent inductee obtain him without any trouble had to leave a bit of a sting on Mao’s part.

“Well…Matsumoto I gotta admit you look hella hot in pants.” Hayami Mokomichi said grinning widely at Jun and Jun smiled shyly and nodded.

“Arigato Moko-kun.”

“Ahh and being so polite you charm my heart! This is the true Japanese woman.” He said grinning widely and Jun pretended to blush shyly while really all he was thinking was how much of an idiot this guy would feel if he knew that Jun was actually pure .

“I’m going to skip. You coming or what?” Mao said suddenly looking at Jun in an expectant manner. She actually hadn’t been about to skip History the class she didn’t really enjoy but found herself excelling in nevertheless but suddenly she felt like she needed to talk to Jun alone.

“Uh..sure?” Jun said grinning widely looping her arm through Mao’s and Mao looked at it almost accusingly and pushed it off her as she walked out of the door leaving Jun with a confused look on his face as he dashed after her.

------------------------------------------------------------
12:15

“Koyama darling! You came!” Mao said standing outside the gates to look at her brother happily as he entered the grounds almost begrudgingly. His sister really was a piece of work.

“Of course I came Mao. Why wouldn’t I come when I got the most threatening message possible on my dear little innocent cell phone? I doubt our mother would be proud of you if she heard all the cuss words that came out of your mouth like they were fake compliments?” Koyama said giving her the tightest hug possible. He almost hoped he’d break some of her bones. He’d never done something this extremely embarrassing before this thing his sister was asking it of him.

And partially the only reason he was doing it now was because he kind of wanted to.

Not that he’d admit it to Mao he gave her a hard time yesterday just because he didn’t want to come off as obvious...and now he’d been able to find easy access to everything about the girl that intrigued him...what had been her name again?

Right. Erika. Still this was dreadfully embarrassing.

“So remind me why I’m doing this again?” He asked his sister a little sullenly as they walked through the beautiful shaded courtyard and started to enter the school yet again.

“Erika is absolutely incapable of talking guys or telling them anything. I want you to help her, as you’re the biggest flirt I know. Other than Jin perhaps.” Mao almost said Jin’s name bitterly. She didn’t know why. She thought she’d buried the short-lived Jin thing a long time ago.

Like a long time ago. So why was it springing up like this again?

“Ahh…I’m not good with girls like her.” Koyama whined in an attempt to get out and perhaps be able to convince himself that he wasn’t good with girls like her. The truth was he was fantastic with girls exactly like her. He got them to open up. The problem with girls like her was he usually ended up forming some kind of cutesy emotion for them.
It was disgusting. He didn’t form lasting cutesy mother type emotions for anyone except Ryo who was older than him anyways but needed so much mothering it was scary. Those emotions were reserved solely for his y wise brother Ryo-tan.

“All I know is you get her to open up and I’ll do anything for you okay?” Mao reasoned that giving him a reward or something, which would make him accept this odd proposition of hers. She wasn’t even sure why she was doing something like this now that she thought about it. Doing it with Jun had seemed like more fun or at least talking about it with the crazy gaijin girl. Now it almost seemed bland.

But she did still want to help Erika get over her fear of guys. She couldn’t be the only one left behind without a boyfriend or even anything to go on. It would be too cruel.
“Anything?” Koyama asked a little shocked at his sister’s exclamation when he suddenly realized that there was something missing here.

“Where’s Jun?” He exclaimed looking around for the gorgeous longhaired beauty. Koyama got a feeling that she was usually there tagging along right behind Mao but it was not to be so today.

“Don’t worry about her.”

“I’m not. I’m just asking where she is.” Koyama said a little worried about the reaction he’d gotten out of his sister. She usually got very distant from issues that bothered her. She pretended like they didn’t exist at all that was why she and Shun had distanced themselves so much since the last time he’d seen the two together. This was why Jun wasn’t here today he could almost bet.

“I get it.” Mao blinked slowly looking straight ahead. She shouldn’t have yelled at Jun. She wasn’t sure what had made her do it but she’d yelled. Louder than she’d heard herself yell before.

That’s why she’d gone away from Jun trying to look as composed as possible and avoided meeting up with her at lunch like the text message Jun had sent her had asked of her.

“So we’re going to go start the plan today?” Koyama said softly in his sister’s ears trying to bring her out of the small daze she had fallen into so easily. She blinked for a moment before smiling widely and nodding as if she hadn’t just slipped in her cover to pretend that she wasn’t thinking entirely about forgiving someone.

After all Mao didn’t forgive anyone. But then why did Jun need her forgiveness anyways? All the poor girl had done was spend a night in some guy’s room! It wasn’t something Mao should really ask forgiveness for.

“Off we head to the cafeteria!” She yelled happily and grabbed Koyama’s hand as she dragged him towards the Cafeteria.

Now called the Love Headquarters for Mao’s purposes in Operation KoyErika. This was where she’d brief him in on step one of the plan.

Get Erika Comfortable.

------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: Sorry for the lame ending but anyways another chapter is coming up sometime soon so =D It should help with that cause that ending will be better. This was mainly MaoJunage and the other one will be mainly KoyErika =D

Thanks for reading my lovely commenters who I adore! yulyachen13, Christine, nadskyblue_91, mymyx2, Calliope, andddd biniBningPunkista! =D

I love you all =D And yes I have to catch up on my reading with your stories after exams which are shortly coming up. T.T

Do you guys like the new poster btw? I love it =D Thank you so much ning from deliri0us =D they're a pretty awesome group of photoshoppers =D. I'll be getting posters for each of the characters with their three once I reveal all three.

Thanks for reading and I hope you enjoyed it!

P.S. The arrangement of the men in Maki's poster has nothing to do with how she'll end up being with them cause I haven't figured that out yet T.T Yamapi just happened to be last and Toma just happened to be the one right beside her. (And we all know Shun has passed on)

Preview for Next Chapter:

“That’s funny Shun. Real funny.”

“Revenge dahling. Revenge.”

“Thanks for the advice my little science nerd.”

“So…can I borrow Erika for a minute from the class then?”

“Yui- god. Please don’t even tell me what you’re doing here.”

“Mr. Nobody? WHOEVER I AM? I WAS IN HIGH SCHOOL MUSICAL ! WHO THE HELL ARE YOU?”

“Pi is not my boyfriend. In fact I’m single…super single.”

“Good news for me cause I was kind of planning on asking you out.”

Hope you enjoyed it!