Caught Red Handed and Maki's Not So Stranded

Third Time's The Charm
ENJOY GUYS!! CHAPTER 25 is really quite long. Take your time reading it. Mainly AyaxRyo and MaoxJun
----------------------------------------------------------

It was wrong to enjoy the feel of his arms around her waist. It felt wrong…the way his fingers were tracing circles on her waistline.

She missed being cared for and being treated like this, like the most precious object in a safe. Ryo made her feel like any moment she was with him. She felt cherished.

She started remembering past times she’d danced with him at clubs. He’d often tell her that he didn’t know how to dance like that. He didn’t know how to dance at all unless it was something like the waltz or the tango. Unless it was something beautiful he wouldn’t put effort into it.

A line she’d often heard from him when she’d first changed her appearance and hurt him. He thought with her change of appearance she’d had a change of heart as well. She’d been the one that had walked out after all.

“I don’t associate myself with anything that isn’t beautiful.” He’d told her when they’d first started talking to each other after their break up.

That night she’d buried herself in her comforters with only Ben, Jerry and Jun’s voice on the phone to comfort her.

She hadn’t been this close to him for a long time. She could see the bags under his eyes and immediately worried. Was he not getting enough sleep? Why? It was usually her who would have the problem sleeping. Aya had been diagnosed with a mild form of insomnia when she was around nine-ish, at the exact time she’d entered her new family.

She grinded up against him and Aya almost laughed at the heat she could feel from his cheeks. He was so shy! Jun would have already started making her feel shy! Aya grinned cheekily as she backed off him a bit so that he wouldn’t end up burning the club down with his flush. It wasn’t something that she normally found attractive. Usually she would ditch the boy who would get so worked up over just a small innuendo but in Ryo she found it, dare she say the word, adorable. She turned around to face him and wrapped her arms over her head.

"Aya..." Ryo said softly leaning into her hair to speak to her. She could practically feel every single strand of her hair that was moving with his breath.

"Yeah Ryo?"

"I haven’t really moved on from you. You know that right?" He asked his voice shaking a little. Ryo cursed himself. He had promised himself he wouldn’t bring this up tonight but…just as he was with her now like this he wanted to clear everything up. Wanted to sort out the skeletons in their closet.

"It’s kind of hard to believe seeing as how you hang off Rosa any chance you get, you love flaunting Masami Nagasawa in the press’s face and don’t think I haven’t realized you’ve been hanging out with Lindsay Lohan far too often lately. So don’t worry about lying to me about things like that because it's fine don't worry.

It's not like I didn't have my share of people right? I had Jun first of all... I mean how many times have we had a whole gossip girl page all about us…and then there was one’s gossip girl didn’t get. There was gorgeous Kame who is somehow even colder than you, then there was Koki who was rougher than you…and then there was Zac Efron…that’s right! Zac Efron…the. But he at kissing even more than you so I ditched him." Actually she was completely lying and pulling these names out of her arsehole but how else was she supposed to make herself seem as if she was unaffected by the rumors of his love life? Ahh if only Jun was here she could jump on him and…well use him as usual.

It wasn’t like she felt good about it, in fact the first time she’d used him she hadn’t actually wanted to. Jun had convinced her to. He just didn’t like Ryo so he grabbed whatever chance he had to hurt Oguri Ryo deeply.

"I just...you baffle me Ueto Aya." Ryo said standing stationary as Aya continued spinning and swinging her hips.

Did she now? Aya scoffed. Ryo was the one who baffled her. "Well then... be baffled no more! The song’s over anyways so I'm going to...just head on over back to Chuck the ert." She said shifting her hair away from her face with her hands as she blew Ryo a fake kiss and turned her back on him the smile immediately vanishing from her face. How dare he? He was the one that confused her. Every single party she’d been to with him he’d always come with a girl, not alone and single. There was nothing wrong with being single at his age but yet he’d come with a girl, as if he was especially trying to show her. It didn’t help the whole time she could feel his gaze on hers either. Why couldn’t he decide whether he was done with her or not? That would be the only way she’d truly be able to even consider moving on from him. She’d left out of necessity! Not out of boredom. (Unless of course Jun blocked his gaze from reaching hers by stepping into her view, which he did quite often)

She started walking through the throngs of people to get back to the VIP room. If he continued doing things like this she’d always be stuck in between. She would never be able to decide what she actually wanted to do. Suddenly she felt a warm palm wrap around her wrist and she felt herself pulled and pushed into him. She already knew it was him. It wasn’t like there was something particularly distinguishing about the way he held her but…she could still tell. It was inexplicable. He looped his one arm over so that she couldn't walk away from him, from the talk he wanted to have with her.

She didn't want to run away though, she was actually kind of glad he’d pulled her back. She sure as hell didn’t want to spend her evening with Chuck that was for sure. But…this way wasn’t she betraying Jun and all the effort he’d put into her to try and get her over him?

“BAKA! Get awayyy… you know what he’ll try and do. He’ll try and convince you he won’t leave you this time. He’ll ruin your hard earned reputation again. This time he might just break your spirit oh dumb one. For the sake of all of us just let go of him!” Jun said in her mind and Aya felt a sad smile float onto her face. Yes it was true that because of Ryo her life had been in the dumps before but if she got to be with him again she really wouldn’t mind her life being in the dumps again. That was the problem with loving someone. It always felt like you could give up everything for them. With the heat emanating from Ryo she didn’t want to leave the confusing, multifaceted man. Everything that had stopped her before was just melting away with the feel of his arms around her.

"Do you know how long I've waited for you to willingly come start talking to me again? Every night I want to just burst into your room Aya and hold you again. But you won’t let me anymore…and that’s always what stops me. I wonder if you’re sleeping fine, are you out with Jun? If he’s making you happy. If you’re safe….and before I realize it the night’s over and I haven’t gotten any sleep whatsoever. " Aya felt him start moving slowly towards the darker corners of the dance floor away from all the people where they wouldn’t be seen so openly embracing each other. Where nothing would get out and she could be sure that it would be only the two of them and no one else would be able to hear their words, their confessions.

"Do you know how many times I've wished I could come running back into your arms and lie there for eternity? How many times I’ve wanted to pull you apart from Masami? My insomnia hasn’t gotten any better. I can’t sleep without you at all." Aya said softly and looked up at Ryo who was staring at her with a surprised look on her face. As if he didn’t know she was still hung up on him! Come on it was so obvious! The odd urge to whack up arised up in her and she pulled his arm off her and leaned back against the wall of the area they were in.

"Aya don't say things like that if you don't plan on sticking with me this time. I thought we would get through it all. Then you walked out on me...on us. I would have got us through. I would have convinced father some way. I would have cleared up those rumours that you still don’t believe I didn’t spread!" She cracked a small smile as she brushed his bangs away from his forehead affectionately.

"No matter how many different ways you say it Ryo I will never ever be worth you losing the company, your reputation, and your pride. I understand that you put the blame on me. I know why now…it was important for you to regain your image in the public eye. But because of that you have to understand that we cannot really last longer than a night. If we do…the press will start questioning the stability of the company and I can’t do that to Dad."

"How about a thousand?"

“What?” Aya asked confused as she cracked a small smile. She’d never been able to understand what he’d said in certain situations.

“How about a thousand nights?” He spoke with such a determination in his voice that she almost gave into his demand.

"Request denied." She answered cracking a small smile as she stood up on her tippy toes to kiss his forehead and she started to walk away when he latched onto her waist this time and brought her face to face with him. With their eyes staring through to each other Aya realized now that she couldn’t possible lie. Not when he was looking at her so closely. He pulled her face up closer to his tilting her head. Ryo savoured the closeness he hadn't been able to experience with this girl for so long. The girl who had run out of the hotel room leaving him alone drenched in shame.

“Don’t Aya, don’t pull away. Please…there’s no danger here so please. Who'll see us? We're just two siblings on a trip to see our brother. Stay.” He said and he grasped her head in his hands in the dark.

Aya’s only thought was Jun. She missed him at this very moment. It was unexpected to be thinking of him as she was finally with Ryo after so long but she was. She wished he could come in like he usually did bursting through the crowds and pulled her away from making another mistake. He would punch Ryo and then pull out his hand as a knight in shining armor would and save her from hurting herself, Ryo, her family, Serena, Blair, Serena, Chuck and Nate, and most of all him. She looked to the side as if hoping to see Jun’s face there but he wasn’t. He was mad at her and rightfully so. She’d shocked him too much. But she’d make it upto him tomorrow. She’d be honest about everything, everything she’d accidentally spilled, and everything she’d accidentally changed. Everything.

“Ryo...do you still love me?” She asked slowly. Would he able to make up for the loss of Jun if she did jump into his arms? She wasn’t really sure. She was used to having them both by her side but she knew if she picked Ryo Jun wasn’t really going to stick around.

“Do you need to ask?" He asked painfully as he squeezed her so tightly that Aya was sure that she would stop breathing soon. There it was. The feeling like nothing would ever go wrong, that this was meant to happen. She felt like she was on air and nothing could bring her down…nothing except for maybe reality.

"Let's lay it out here Aya...let's get this done here where we can talk to each other openly. Unlike in New York where Jun keeps interrupting…where no one wants us to be together.” The song outside switch to a slower one and she felt Ryo rock her as if she was a small child and she slowly rocked with him. Feeling a slight sleepiness befall her.

'AYA! AYA DON'T FALL ASLEEP AGAIN!! Ahhh this girl!' Ryo had often said the first year they'd started living together.

When she'd first entered his family he'd glared at her. He had still been bitter about being called over to New York by his dad. Then two weeks after she’d officially moved the biggest thunderstorm to hit New York in fifteen years had started. Being an insomniac and terribly afraid of thunderstorms she’d cried for almost the whole night before finally giving up and running to Ryo’s room. She hadn’t wanted to go into her mother’s room because she felt awkward there where her new father was as well. Her mother would probably want privacy but Ryo wouldn’t care, sure he didn’t exactly love her like her mom did but she could at least have someone to talk to.

As she’d entered his room she’d seen that it was completely dark and she could hear his even breathing that signified he was sleeping. Aya wanted to break down again. Was no one awake? She hated the state the night always put her in. She felt crippled and alone as everyone had the ability to fall asleep but her. She brought herself up onto his large bed and lay herself beside him. He didn’t wake up thankfully. It was then that she noticed how utterly handsome her ‘brother’ was.

Thunder after thunder had sounded and yet Ryo hadn’t awakened and Aya continued whimpering softly, wallowing in her own misery. Aya would turn to look at his peaceful face every now and then and wonder why he was unaware of it. Out of nowhere she felt his arms wrap around her tiny waist and pull her closer to him as if she was a pillow. She knew this because she’d often held her pillow like this. Aya felt herself choked and started sputtering but still Ryo didn’t wake up. But with each loud thunder that hit her ears she found herself thankful for Ryo’s arms around her, his breath on her neck. It had calmed her down greatly and now she only jumped every time she heard it.

Before she knew it she was asleep in his arms.

That had been seven years ago now. The first time she'd ever fallen asleep with such ease, especially during a storm. Ever since that night she'd been able to fall asleep anytime she was in his arms.

She was supposed to try and get over him. But what was the point of that when this felt so utterly good? Jun wasn't exactly here either. So what he didn't know wouldn't hurt him. She could relax like this for a little while with Ryo.

After all, she didn't really think it was possible to get over the love of your life. Aya wasn’t surprised at all when she wasn’t able to move away from him. Was she going to be doomed to loving him back forever? Would her heart even try to move on?

Perhaps saying the words again would help her move on...or move back? She didn't really know. But the buzz from the alcohol was back and her head was getting dizzy as she slowly rested it on his warm shoulder.

“Ryo, I love you.”

“As a brother I expect?” He said bitterly and Aya looked up at him in shock. In the red blue light of the club he looked so utterly perfect. Aya grinned foolishly. She remembered the words he’d told her the first time they’d kissed and she decided to almost re-enact the scene but in a more adult environment than their home’s living room.

She wasn’t really thinking as she moved closer to his lips daringly. Just before she touched his parted, obviously shocked, lips she spoke softly. “Not as a sister Ryo. Never as a sister.” She said quietly smiling as she closed the gaps between their lips.

Bang.

---------------------------------------------------------

"Must you pull me along like this? I'm not exactly wearing the best shoes in the world to run like this." Jun complained. He stared at his leather coated aching feet as they entered the club. If he ended up tearing this pair of shoes he had no idea where he'd find another one in Japan. As it was Japanese people had small feet but Japanese women probably had nonexistent sizes that wouldn't even be close to fitting him.

"Well who told you to wear those?" Mao grumbled as she glanced around the club quickly and ducked into a spot, which wasn't being paid much attention to pulling Jun down beside her. "Better? Now you're sitting down so stop complaining got it? Just follow me okay? Don't drift away. I don't want to get caught spying alone."

"A good spy wouldn't get caught. CoughNotMaoCough" Jun teased loudly and Mao immediately clapped a hand over his mouth and pushed him against the wall so that his head crunched when it met the hard surface of the wall.

Can anyone say OWWW?

"Shut up Jun-chan!!" Mao said cheerfully and Jun frowned as she pulled both her hands away from him but immediately pretended to be thankful that Mao's hand had been snatched away.

"God it was so sweaty. Please Mao calm down how on earth are you going to hold Toma's hand." He said wiping his hand on the pretty beige skirt he was wearing. He was actually starting to like it. No wonder girls got so attached to their clothes if they made them look this pretty.

“Stop being such a sissy Jun.” He heard Aya’s voice yell in his mind and got startled for a second as he stared at Mao who was looking at him weirdly before just shaking her head away and continuing on with what she was about to say before.

"Hahaa so funny Jun. Seriously sometimes you have to shut up about your opinions. Okay so where do you think Toma and Pi would be here?" Mao said looking around and Jun shrugged as he glanced out onto the dance floor. That would technically be their best bet.

"Well Pi likes to dance doesn't he? So Toma's probably with him out there. I figure that's a good place to start. Why else would they come to a club anyways?" Jun said standing up and cringing as he felt the pressure on his blistered heel but he quickly wiped the expression of pain off his face and put a wide smile on it. He saw Mao still slouched on the ground and pushed his hand in her face and Mao looked at it oddly before grabbing onto it and Jun pulled her up and started dancing with her as decently as he could as girls didn't exactly dirty dance with each other...well not unless they were trying to be extremely dirty Jun remembered Blair and Serena dancing with each other once like that and started laughing. That had been a day to have a camera but they hadn't brought one along. It felt odd though dancing with a girl like this. Usually he’d have the girl all over him, whether it be Aya or some random chick who found him hot at the bar.

"What are you doing?" Mao asked seeming evidently shocked by how well Jun could move her hips. She huffed jealously. Why the hell couldn’t she dance like that?

Jun huffed back when he saw that Mao was stationary as a block. He grabbed Mao's shoulders and started moving her around so that she could tell they were dancing.

"If you want to get onto the dance floor and find them without being suspicious you're kind of going to have to dance." He said as if it was the most obvious thing in the world. Which it was really, to him.

"Oh right..." Mao said slowly and started dancing distractedly as she looked for Maki and Toma dancing together. Ahh what would she do if they started liking each other after today?? Alone in a sweaty, passionate atmosphere like this? What if they-

Oh lord would her and Toma break up? Nooo that couldn't happen just after they'd started dating! It was horrible.

Oh lord now she wished she hadn't been such a smart- earlier on today evening and just gone with Toma herself.

If the two of them kissed Mao would just go kill Maki…and then possibly herself. No joke.

"I'm going to go check in the corner there...coming with?" Jun said to Mao who was looking considerably worried. He could already tell about what. He didn't have the heart to tell her that she should be worried about Toma staying faithful to her. He decided to do exactly what Aya would often do to Blair to convince her that Serena wasn't sleeping with Nate.

"Oh my god. Please you are so fabulous why would he even think of that?" Jun said and Mao looked up at Jun surprised. She'd barely heard her words through the loud noise but Mao was sure Jun had just said something extremely nice to her.

"You’re right. I am fabulous. I'm so damn fabulous that I have fabulousity coming out of my !" Mao said dancing more furiously and Jun put his hands on her shoulders and stopped her movements.

"Okay that went a little overboard but you got the feeling right. Now let's go find Toma and get the hell out of here."

"Why do we have to get out of here?" Mao asked confused.

"How would you explain being found here to Toma? Hi...I stalked you on your date with Maki today?" Jun said raising an eyebrow as Mao's own twitched with anger at the girl's words.

"THEY DON'T HAVE A DATE!" She yelled and saw the people nearest to them turn around and look at the two with scared eyes before turning back to their own respective partners. At that very moment Jun’s cellphone began ringing. He glanced down to the caller ID and sighed at the sight of the name and opened it up.

“Moshimoshi Erika.”

“Oh is it Erika? Tell her we are absolutely not spying on Toma. Wait actually don’t tell her anything…that would be bad if she found out. So just keep your mouth shut neh JUN!?” Mao said looking around after her speech. Jun had disappeared.

About three minutes later Jun appeared at her side again and she grumbled glaring at him.

“Don’t do that again. Even if it’s your super best friend Erika!”

"Yeah yeah...let's go Mao." Jun tired as he swayed his hips in the skirt. It felt quite good...and in fact it wasn't as stifling as pants. No wonder those scotsmen wore kilts with nothing underneath. (Though of course Jun himself was wearing underwear) But he couldn’t appreciate Scottish logic with Erika’s problem on his mind. He’d finally been able to come up with a solution but…it would take a lot of work on her part and effort on his part. She probably wouldn’t appreciate it either.

Why did he surround himself with girls like this? Mao who’d drag him to spy on her boyfriend, Aya who would drag him to make Ryo jealous, Erika who was dragging him along to gain an advantage over others.

Maybe he needed an older woman, one who wasn’t juvenile, or vengeful, or ambitious. One who just was.

They neared the corner as Jun felt some guy rub up against him and grin at him creepily. He offered him a half smile and immediately turned around and gagged to Mao. That had felt sick. Jun could already make out the figures of a couple in a heated kissing session and started laughing and turned around to mock them with Mao but saw that Mao was tearing up already.

"Ehhh? Mao why are you crying?" He asked confused at the girl’s tears floating up in her eyes spilling out onto her cheeks in the most beautiful manner he’d ever seen. He’d realized the first time he’d seen Aya cry he’d been fascinated with tears…and Mao’s were spectacular.

"That girl looks a lot like Maki and I can't see the guy's hair color in this lighting. Jun what if it's them?" Mao said softly looking down at the ground in a defeated manner. Jun rolled his eyes. While she may look stunning crying her reason for doing so was absolutely ty thus ruining the entire image in his head.

Were the emotions she felt for Toma really that strong that she could tear up like this at just the thought of him kissing or hugging someone else? Mao wouldn't be able to last a day in New York. Where the person you were holding hands with was just a friend and a kiss was just considered a gesture of love between two friends.

"Mao Mao Mao. Seriously stop freaking out. It is tres unappealing. I bet you it's not them at all. Look I'll go disturb them right now." Jun said and pushed past the crowd grabbing Mao's hand and dragging her along with him so they didn't get separated from each other with the push and pull of the people surrounding them.

For some reason as Jun neared the two he felt his eyes reflexively shut…well that was odd. His eyes only shut like this when he was seeing something he didn’t want to see; his mother and Nanako were fighting, whenever Yuta was around, whenever…Aya was close with anyone else. He opened his eyes with some force and pulled the couple apart for Mao to see that it actually wasn’t Toma and Maki.

But he felt his eyes sting with the sight in front of him, Aya’s wide gaze staring up at him guiltily at being caught with Ryo.

For a moment he felt those tears that fascinated him rise up in his own eyes before he looked to the ground and pulled them back in. He wouldn’t let them spill…it wasn’t worth it.

Jun turned away from the two quickly and scoffed at Mao and saw that she too was shocked. But why? It wasn't like she should really care much about what he'd just discovered. Was she shocked at the look of pain he was sure was evident on his face at this moment?

"," He heard Aya say softly behind him. Oh so now she was feeling guilty. Couldn’t she have felt guilty enough not to start.

Aya looked towards the ground in shame while Ryo narrowed his eyes trying to take a closer look at Jun but Jun immediately covered his face with his long hair and stuck out his chest as if trying to prove his womanhood. Ryo stared at him confused and snickered as he turned back to look at a gloomy looking Aya.

Jun looked at her disdainfully shaking his head so slightly that she barely didn’t notice the gesture of disapproval. Aya gulped slowly opening to start explaining but she saw the look of shock and disgust disappear of Jun’s face and a look of total perkiness enter in it’s place.

"You guys should totally rent a room if you want to do it here you know? I know this really good hotel around the area if you want."

“Don't Bunny.” Aya said quietly as Jun stared at her as if she had betrayed him. Which she supposed she had in a way. He hated Ryo.

“Oh like you totally have me confused with someone else! I like totally don’t care at all what you guys do as you know teenagers cause I'm like one too but like my name is JUN! It like totally rhymed still though! You guys must be like these mind readers or something right? Like that is so cool! Oh like pardon me I’m like totally blabbing in English. I’ll just like go somewhere with like my y right here. Like she’s like my best friend! She’s here to like spy on her boyfriend cause he might like be cheating on her. Say Mao this isn’t like your boyfriend is he? Cause if he is we should like totally kick his like cause he was like totally cheating.” Jun said as fast as he possibly could looking at Mao whose face was still in complete shock. She paused for a second to look at Jun as if she was crazy since Jun already knew that there was no way this guy was her boyfriend.

“I’m not her boyfriend. I don't even know this girl. But you look a little familiar." Ryo cleared up wanting to get a better look at Jun’s face. He felt like he’d seen someone with that same look of disdain on his face all the time. But in the horrible lighting and the loud music he couldn't recognize who she was or hear her voice clearly. Mao’s eyes started watering slightly. Jun raised his eyebrows sceptically and suddenly found Aya was pushed into his arms as Mao latched onto Ryo and hugged him tightly.

Aya looked at Mao, who she had previously ignored with shock. Who the hell was she?!

“Ryo-nii!” Mao said happily looking at her brother figure and hugging him again. While Aya's eyes were the complete opposite. She stared confused at the scene and then shook her head as she tried not to believe what her mind was telling her was going on here.

“What…the…? Do you pretend to be a brother to everyone Ryo? I swear.” She yelled out loud immediately not really pausing to think rationally about the situation.

“He was like obviously cheating on you! I mean look at you! You’re pretty easy to cheat on I can tell. Guys can’t really take you seriously can they? I know all this cause that’s like my special talent! Oh…my special instincts are telling me you’re a bit of a too!” Jun squealed at Aya meaning every harsh word he uttered in his disguise. Aya looked at him aghast, his pretty face all made up and his hair and the fake s and couldn't help the punch she hit in his s because she knew it wouldn't hurt him one bit. He might have thought that she didn't recognize him but of course she did. That idiot. She would recognize his stupid face anywhere.

"You shut up. Calling me horrible things, coming here and insulting me. So what if I had a weak moment? Huh? Like you don't have a million and one moments with me and I don't even return your feelings! So what? You know what Jun…stop it. Stop hurting me so much. Ryo doesn’t even hurt me half as much as you do!” Aya yelled loudly and Jun's face immediately slacked from his harsh look into one that looked like it would apologize to her. Aya looked up at him her chest rising and falling with the anger she felt. Then Jun huffed and Aya shook her head and started walking away from him. Jun started after her but then he heard Mao’s contented sigh and turned around remembering he couldn’t leave this dumb-undeserving-off-his-attention-girl behind.

“Aya-listen-I-don’t…get off me! I don’t even know this girl!” Ryo said trying to get Mao off him as he tried following Aya who was walking away. Obviously Mao and Ryo had ignored the little exchange between Jun and Aya and Jun thanked god for little miracles.

“Ryo-nii you really don’t recognize me?” Mao said looking up to her aniki with a shocked expression on her face. The smile on her face as wide as could be at seeing her 'brother' after so long.

“What the fu-” Ryo started pissed off and Jun couldn't help but smile a victory smirk. At least Aya could pick up this time that Ryo had been messing with her yet again. He would continue to hurt her like this because this was how guys like Ryo were. Jun stuck his tongue out at Ryo who looked at him with a confused expression on his face.

“Like leave her alone now. It’s not nice to chase even after you’ve been caught. Another second and I swear I'll call the cops and charge you with ual harassment. We’re leaving k Mao?” Jun was satisfied with what had occurred so far and now it was time to leave according to him. Mao immediately changed her look from happy to bossy and shook her head in a spoilt manner at Jun. Jun growled, he would throw a fit if she didn’t listen to him.

Mao turned back to Ryo who hadn’t yet left and offered him a toothy smile to Ryo and grabbed her hair into two pigtails and started jumping up and down. With that stupid toothy expression on her face and those silly uneven pigtails there absolutely was no way Ryo wouldn't be able to recognize her she reasoned.

She was right because as soon as she started hopping Ryo's face lit up in a smile and while he still looked pissed off it didn't seem like he was pissed of at her so much anymore.

“MAO?” He asked unable to believe this beauty was his little sister...well at least more of a little sister than Aya was. He hadn’t seen her for 8 years at least and as Mao nodded back at him with a happy expression as she did a little twirl for him to show him how she'd grown up. He couldn’t help but reach out to hug her again feeling happiness bubble up inside him.

As if Jun would let them even touch each other. “Hells no you aint getting caught in that!” Jun snapped his fingers in Mao's face and dragged Mao away from the evil one, Ryo. Ryo grinned as he started back towards the VIP room. Wouldn’t Koyama be surprised to know that now his little sister looked absolutely nothing like him now?

Twins? Like hell.

Now if only he could find Aya and explain to her that little Mao-chan was actually his sister.

***

Maki stared at Yamapi and Megumi as they went out to dance yet again after grabbing two glasses of champagne. They weren’t even waiting to get onto the dance floor to start moving against each other. It was disgusting! (She was trying to remind herself that she had done exactly this and it wasn’t right for her to judge them like that but that was futile when it came to a jealous woman)

She looked out through the glass windows and saw her supposed “date” already out there. Toma was still dancing with the Blair Project. What kind of people did she even expect Yamapi to befriend anyways? He was so anti-social himself! Maki grumbled.

She just wanted to know why the hell was she being ignored by absolutely everyone?!

It just didn’t make sense! She was supposed to be the one that was like super sought after right? Her boyfriend, well ex but no one really knew that yet, wasn't even here! That meant she was technically available and she should have been flocked by people offering to dance with her. Contrary to logic however there was absolutely no one asking her.

Even her beloved Plan B had ditched her for the Blair Project.

“Maki right?” A voice said from beside her and Maki turned around almost whacking the guy in the head with her hand but thankfully he didn’t get hurt as he swerved his head out of harms way and Maki felt her dress go up slightly but didn’t think too much of it as her dress was always fluctuating in length any time she moved.

“Hi I’m Chuck…don’t mind Blair. She just likes blackballing gorgeous girls.” He said and Maki blushed as the guy with amazing bone structure complimented her as if they were good friends. She at speaking English though so this would go nowhere. She could understand it well but she hated speaking it with a fiery passion.

“Domo arigato Chuck-san.” She nodded speaking fast Japanese and watched Chuck laugh at her. Well at least someone was getting a laugh right? Hell even if it wasn’t herself. She should be nice and make other people laugh at least. As she looked out to the dance floor she saw Blair laughing at her and pointing out the scene to Toma, who was teaching her how to do a couple dance.

Maki wanted to do a couple dance! Why the hell wasn't Plan B teaching her?!!

She felt her back slump…she was starting to miss Shun. The sense of security he provided her with. With him there would never be a day she was alone…because he’d be there with her. She would always have dinner with someone, she’d always dance with someone, she’d always walk with someone, she’d always cuddle with someone.

She’d always be able to automatically ward of lecherous American strangers she realized as she felt Chuck’s hands on her upper thigh pulling her dress up.

“So…Maki-chan…some champagne?” He said offering her a glass with a smile on her face that she could already tell should never be trusted.

Last time's little drunk adventure itself was enough for her to realized that she shouldn’t grab the glass…last time she'd gotten drunk she'd confessed to her best friend's newest boyfriend, literally like squeaky clean two hours new boyfriend.

But even with that horrible memory accompanying her Maki reached for the glass. Maki often did stupid things when feeling lonely. So she grabbed the glass and out of the corner of her eye saw the glances those three Megumi, Yamapi, and Toma were throwing her, filled with concern. She downed the glass in one gulp and held out her hand to Chuck for another one. She focused her eyes on Yamapi as she drank this one, the odd urge to show off in front of him that she could ignore him just as easily as he was her.

Except it was kind of hard to ignore someone when you were looking right at them.

They only started caring about her now that she'd had a(two) small glass(es) of champagne? God how hypocritical they were! Immediately she grabbed Chuck’s hand and started laughing. He stared at her for a moment not knowing what she was doing and then stared out on the floor. He realized, Maki wasn’t crazy and was somehow trying to show her friends she was fine by herself. So he laughed at her antics but of course to the outsider, namely Yamapi, it looked like he was laughing with her.

Especially when Chuck wrapped his arms around Maki's shoulders and Maki didn’t shake it off.

Yamapi tried not to get angry. He really did. He closed his eyes and took a deep breath stopping dancing with Megumi for a couple of moments. He gulped the knot that formed in his throat. But as usual Megumi effortlessly pulled his attention back to her as her hips pushed against his seductively. Yes Maki was starting to bare too much of a resemblance too much a resemblance to Masami he realized as he pushed back at Megumi. He glanced back at Chuck and Maki out of the corner of his eye and saw that they were getting closer to each other and immediately decided to screw, as in forget about, Maki.

She was an adult, she could take care of herself couldn’t she? He continued moving against Megumi pushing her back but Megumi would only push him back front. Their battle of hips was almost like a contest as if trying to decide who would be the more dominant one in their relationship.

If only it was that easy for Toma. Toma looked on jealously to the scene playing out in front of him with Maki and Chuck. He almost broke apart from Blair right then before remembering his manners and turning to talk to her. “I’m so glad I met you really. I am.”

“I’m glad I met you too Tom after like such a long time. P-dog told me a lot about you but of course took some time to actually meet up right?”

“Yeah. Sorry about that. So are you sure your boyfriend doesn’t mind that you are dancing with someone else?” Blair shrugged as she glanced back at him doing the step he’d just taught her and he mimicked it and grinned at their foolish movements.

“I’m quite sure Nate’s living it up without me. Is he still with that blond girl?” She said and Toma looked up from her face to across the room and saw that Nate was indeed not paying the slightest bit of attention to them and was animatedly talking to the blond girl.

“Are you settling for him? You could have anyone at your feet Blair. I mean anyone.”

“Even you?” She said suddenly spinning into him, catching Toma off guard.

Toma looked up at the ceiling to avoid looking at Blair suddenly finding his eyes slowly drifting off to Maki. Toma sighed seeing that Maki was downing yet another glass of champagne and laughing even more hysterically with Chuck. He was worried now. The first glass he’d understood but so quickly to have another two? She wasn’t exactly slowing down either he noticed as she reached out to grab another one from Chuck’s hands, he started towards her worry evident on his face. He'd conveniently forgotten Blair's question for him the moment he saw that Maki was the slightest bit in danger.

Blair however wasn't about to let him go that easily. She grabbed onto his arm to stop him. “Even you?” She asked again and Toma gulped and gave a shy smile to the beauty.

“I’m flattered I am but my heart already kind of belongs to someone else and I can’t-“

“Put someone else’s name on it that easily and pretend it’s not someone else’s property? That’s exactly what I’d be doing if I went away with anyone that wasn’t Nate Tom. Though,” Here Blair looked back to stare at Nate whose hand was resting on Serena’s knee and she tried to fight the tears arising in her eyes. “I think I might be the girl he’s pretending to give his heart to.” She said and started coughing immediately as if to cover up the seriousness of her words. Toma stared at her shocked at how deeply the words she was saying were affecting him.

Was that what he was doing with Mao? Had he been lying to himself when he’d taken her out the night before? When he pictured her face in his mind he really did feel his heart speed up…but then he looked at Maki and his heart stopped in that dramatic way.

“Go, Chuck is bad for her. He’ll probably try and have with her if you don’t go now and exercise your ‘ownership’, as he calls it, over her.” Blair confessed and Toma nodded as gave Blair a quick hug. Blair looked shocked as she felt his arms wrap around her and she looked up at him shocked.

“You deserve a lot better than Nate B. He might be the one who owns your heart but he sure as hell doesn’t deserve to with the way he treats such a beautiful woman. You're one of a kind remember that babe.” He said and kissed her forehead and Blair stood there not moving as everyone around her twisted and turned and Toma dashed off towards Maki.

Did she really? She couldn’t help but wonder if Serena and Nate were meant for each other. They kept meeting, and they kept making the same ‘mistake’ over and over again. Perhaps it was her that was the problem, after all Nate and Blair could barely find the time to fit each other into their hectic schedules and they were always somehow prevented from ‘committing the act’. It was no wonder he had found someone else to take her place.

“But I could never find someone who wasn’t you for myself could I, Nate?” She said to herself quietly as she twisted her fingers into the fabric of her dress. Then quickly wiping the sad expression of her face she bounded forward towards the blond two. Well, if you can’t break them apart forever you might as well just do it for now because either way Blair knew it still felt hella good.
-----------------------------------------------------------

“We’re on our way out,” Mao said as she felt herself being dragged to the door.

“I know,” Jun said giving her his own powerful gaze but of course he was shocked to find that Mao was looking at him as if she was curious not as if she wanted to kill him because she didn’t get to spy on ‘Tomaki’ at all.

Jun stopped and stood there with Mao and turned her around to make her face Toma and Maki who were in the glass room talking with a man that Jun recognized easily as the erted Chuck.

“You’ve seen everything now can we get a move on please?”

“Why can’t we stay longer?” Mao said choosing to be very nosy and Jun growled as he felt his mouth want to open up and spill all its secrets to her. He wasn’t that dumb, this was the gossip queen of Eitoku and Jun’s secrets would skyrocket her popularity up to well, the skies. There was a reason it was called skyrocket you know?

“Those were people I knew in New York. I kind of disguised my look when I came here. I had blond hair and stuff before.” He said choosing to slip out only the basic details.

“Oh! You liked Ryo or something? Is that why you and that other girl were fighting?”

“Something like that yeah,” He figured and Mao stopped to glance back at Toma and Maki who were now leaning closer to each other as Maki whispered something in Toma’s ear and Toma stared at her appalled by her suggestion.

“Mao? Earth to Mao!! You know Maki would never do anything like that to you. Stop being so paranoid.” Jun said pissed off at the way Mao was behaving. If he had to have a girlfriend she definitely wouldn’t act like Mao was right now.

“I can’t help it! All right? I’m just really possessive Jun okay? Deal with it somehow.” She said as she stood still at the exit of the bar and the bouncer looked at her as if he was telling her to make a decision to leave or to stay.

“I can see that Mao but look…they both really love you and they would never hurt you that way. You two just started dating. Do you think he’d cheat on you that quickly?”

“OF COURSE! Why would anyone in their right mind want to date me!? Look at me. I am not worthy of a guy like Toma. Who is smart and handsome, and funny and quirky and he’s the best joker and he knows style well and he’s an actor on top of that-“

“Look Mao shut up okay? You just need to trust Toma and Maki cause you are over exaggerating everything. Okay? Toma’s not that great and you are extremely pretty, perhaps not as much as your other friends but you are definitely stronger than them and you are the only girl whose s rival my own.” Jun said and Mao grinned sheepishly.

“That’s true isn’t it?” She said and yawned lazily. Jun grinned as he felt Mao slip her arm through his leaning on his shoulder and he leant back on hers. He’d finally been able to calm her down. He felt his heart fall slightly as the image of Aya and Ryo kissing came up behind his eyes and shook his head.

Whatever Aya did now wasn’t his problem. He was going to get over this stupid infatuation of his. He’d tell her he was sorry for those things he said tomorrow and finish his obsession with Aya once and for all. Tomorrow...would be the end.

------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: Thanks for reading guys!! It's not over yet. I still have my darling beautiful long chapter dedicated mainly to Tomaki coming up and then it'll be complete.

Thanks for reading guys I really appreciated it!: Ichigokut3, xxing, Zing, Calliope, sara, and...gl!! *superglompage*

Because I'm not allowed to stay on any longer no actor's conference buttt previews from the next chapter:

“You are extremely hard to shut up when drunk you know that Maki?”

“Yup! Toma-kun’s the best baby sitter ever. Cause he let’s me do anything I want.”

“I wouldn’t let you do anything.”

“In a sweet way or in a possessive way?”

“I’m hoping both.”

“You should have never left me in the first place…with Chuck or anyone else. You’ll have to remember that for next time.”

“Well did Miss A. and Mr. M have ual relations ever? Or like kiss or anything?”

"MASSU’S HAVING A BABY?"

Warning Next Chapter: SUPER LONG. Cause I got a bit carried away with the Tomaki.

<3