Memories Are Fake and Maki Has A Heartache

Third Time's The Charm
Enjoy!!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mao woke up happily, how much fun last night had been! Meeting everyone after so long. Then there was Toma-kun, if possible he was looking even more handsome than before! It seemed for sure now that she was out of Shun’s mind too which was always a good thing! Maki looked happier than ever and as usual she was having her normal life staying normal.

Erika was still the same anti-flirtage girl with guys but hopefully that would change with the coming term! A little bit would be okay as long as she didn't flirt unhealthily

She looked down at the floor expecting to see Megumi looking up at her but obviously she was not there.

She sighed woefully and looked at the floor, out of all of them Megumi was probably considered the ‘easiest’. She wondered idly if Megumi did in fact ‘put out’ with Yamapi last night. It was almost an instant click; she’d sensed it the moment they’d walked in.

It was almost as if Yamapi had deemed all the other girls in the room undeserving of his partnership. Mao didn’t really like him at all. She thought him too sarcastic, arrogant, and unfriendly. She could hardly believe that Toma-kun was friends with someone like him!

As she climbed down and entered the living room of the apartment her family lived in she saw her mother smiling at her happily. “Good morning,” She said and her mother glanced around.

“I didn’t bug you guys last night because I knew my daughter would have been tired coming home at 3 o'clock," Here her mother paused as if saying it was an unacceptable time to come home.

"but I thought your friend Megumi-san would be here as well.” Her mother said and Mao shook her head slowly trying to come up with an excuse that wouldn’t make Megumi seem like a total slag.

“Eto…she had something to do suddenly. Her mom called her cell phone urgently last night.” Mao said and smiled happily, content that she had come up with a nice answer, but now her mother looked at her as if she was crazy.

“Wipe that smile off your face! What if something bad has happened to one of Megumi-san’s relatives neh? It’s nothing to be smiling about!” Her mother said in displeasure and Mao nodded slowly uncaring because she knew it was a total lie. However this made her look cold and unfeeling to her mother.

“What kind of girl have I raised,” She heard her mother mutter under her breath and Mao laughed as she bit into her egg sandwich.

“A girl who’s leaving for school again tomorrow. You really sure you want to spend your last moments with me whining about my behavior?” She said standing up and giving her mother a hug from the back and her mother, as mothers often did, turned around and hugged her back and grabbed her face and took off the 'evil' eye.

“My little girl, I only wish I got to see you more often. Then again Eitoku is a very good school, sure to let you be in Japan’s eye forever if you make use of the opportunity.” She said and Mao grinned evilly.

“Of course Mom!” Obviously her mom had no idea that Mao was the gossip queen of the century. She was already going to be in Japan’s eye when she graduated from Eitoku, she’d made sure of that. Maybe even one day in the world’s eye if she worked hard. For a moment she fantasized about people from all different cultures speaking her name talking about her latest actions and she laughed. If only it were that simple, if only what you imagined could come true that easily.

“Neh mom let’s hang out today right? I mean you don’t have work on Sunday’s anyways! Let’s go watch a girl movie. I didn’t get much time to talk to you since Megumi was over and I had to keep the little rich girl entertained.” She said almost bitterly her mother clucked disapprovingly.

“No talking like that about your friends Mao-chan.” She offered her a grin though and nodded yes to the movie idea. It seemed good, after all to Mao as she hadn’t watched a movie with her mom since the last time Mao’s father came back to Japan three years ago from America with her twin brother Koyama. Obviously they weren’t coming back soon so she might as well make the best of the alone time she had with her mother. She felt bad leaving her mother alone on most times but she knew her mother knew how to take care of herself well so really she didn't have to worry too much and check in a lot. She sometimes felt sorry for her mother seeing as how she was almost always alone. She wondered sometimes how her parents relationship survived with them being so far away from each other.

Which reminded her she hadn't talked to Koyama in a long time.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Maki looked up at her bedroom ceiling. The day before she left for school she came back home to look up at things and catch up with her own family. She missed Shun’s house though. It was so cozy and homely; albeit he was probably one of the richest people in school he hid it well. It was a modest middle class house (that was slightly on the larger side but no where near as large as her own house even though he was far richer). Living there had been a different experience for Maki itself.

She felt herself drifting off to sleep and shook her head. She remembered the third night she was there something had happened between the two of them. She shuddered at the thought involuntarily though she knew she shouldn’t have. It was odd for a girlfriend to be shuddering at the prospect of her boyfriend touching her.

Well no she liked him touching her for sure. She liked his innocent hugs, and his hands clutching hers in the dark and his caresses that just showed he cared. What she didn’t like was his s. She had been so sure that he was going to break up with her that night. She hadn’t let him have her. Maki was a fierce and strong believer in no 'it' before marriage. Actually it was more like no 'it' before love but she had changed it since Shun since obviously she loved him and yet her body had betrayed her by saying no.

Maybe she just wasn’t ready for it?

Maybe she’d been shocked?

Then again she had been there for two days after and the shock would have worn off by then.

“Ahhh,” She said softly drowning in her own thoughts. She hoped Shun wasn’t too mad at her. She wouldn’t blame him, he’d acted perfectly with her at the Karaoke club and that had been a great revelation for her. She’d been sure that he would pull Toma aside and tell him things about their staying together and it not working out in his favor. He might have even asked for tips seeing as Toma was one very charismatic boy, who had lived in London for a year, and Maki wouldn’t be too surprised if he’d done what Shun had so desperately wanted to with Maki.

She closed her eyes softly and relived the scene in her head.

**********Memory*************

Maki looked at Shun’s mother happily and she stared back at her unhappily. Maki sighed, why on earth didn’t Shun’s mother approve of her!? It wasn’t like she was absolutely horrid she was sure of that. She was even nicer than many of the other rich girls she had been bound to see before her. Maybe Shun's mom preferred normal girls like Mao...well its not like Maki could help that!

Maki glared at the onion in front of her as she chopped it roughly. She still wasn’t perfect at it but that was one skill she was taking away from this staying-in-Shun’s-house experience. She’d basically learnt how to be the kitchen help. So she’d be able to work in a restaurant if she ever got kicked out of her house. What a pleasant thought..

She watched Shun’s mom stir things in the fry and sighed as she set out the table. “Ano…Mrs. Shun I’m done setting the table may I leave before dinner for a little while now?” For once Shun’s mom didn’t look at her like she had a disease but simply waved her off and away as if that was where she was supposed to be in the first place and Maki had been bugging her with her presence in the Kitchen. Maki huffed displeased; she had never been treated this way in her life! What gave Mrs. Shun the right to treat her like this?

Oh yeah…her son loved her to bits and pieces and Maki loved him to bits and pieces and if she wanted to stay with him she couldn’t afford to bad mouth out his mother to him. Maki walked away from the kitchen to open the door to Shun’s room and she slipped in seeing him on the bed his eyes supposedly shut and the book lying lazily on his chest which was clearly visible through his thin white wife beater style top.

‘Might as well wake him up,’ Maki thought tiptoeing closer to his face and leaning down so she’d be on level with him. Just as soon as she was about to touch him she felt him grab her wrist and quickly she was under him. Her eyes widened by surprise and she almost screamt but then realized this was probably the first time they’d even touched in the three days they’d been here. It was actually kind of funny even. She noticed the boyish grin on his face and couldn’t help smiling as well. “Get off meee you heavy person.” She said jokingly whining as she pushed him off.

“You’re probably heavier.” He said challenging her and she grinned as she punched him lightly on the arm.

“Is that anything to say to your girlfriend? What a loserrr.”

“Look who has low standards dating a loser.” He told her smirking and immediately she’d broke down into giggles beside his bed and all of the sudden she felt a hand clamp down on . She turned to him questioningly and he made a shh sound.

“The old woman will come in and then we won’t get to talk at all.” He said and turning to her slowly wrapped his arms around her waist and brought her closer to him hugging her and Maki sighed happily. She missed curling up like this.

“Sure you want to talk?” She said skeptically as she got comfortable against him and though she couldn’t see it she knew he had an expression of shock on his face.

“Feeling risqué today Maki dearest?” He said and she looked up at him and found his face inching closer to hers. Well this was nothing new she welcomed it and let him kiss her.
*********Pause Memory*********

For a second Maki opened her eyes and cringed. God she was such a prude herself, she couldn’t even do the slightest thing that Megumi would have had no problem doing. It made Maki feel inadequate that she hadn’t even let her boyfriend do this. She closed her eyes unwillingly not willing to remember the extremely embarrassing moment.

**********Resume Memory********

Shun pulled her closer and tighter if possible and for some reason Maki found herself lying under him as he moved his hands up and down her body. Maki slowly tried to get her ground and make them level again. She managed it and she was no longer under the very powering Shun.

She let go of the kiss and found herself staring widely into his eyes. He’d later told her that she’d had a scared expression on her face.

“Why’d you stop?” She asked hesitantly, she didn't really want to ask it but she felt that was what any normal girlfriend would ask.

Immediately her answer was the resuming of the kiss and Maki felt his tongue slip into and fought back with her might. She heard him moan into and she grinned arrogantly, she couldn’t help it.

Then it had happened, she could handle being under him. She couldn’t handle him trying to unclasp her bra. She let out a scream and immediately saw Mrs.Shun run into the room and Shun was still there arms up her shirt, she herself was flushed.

Oh lord…Shun had laughed it off saying they had a memory forever.

Maki sighed. Now that she thought of it she hadn’t wanted Shun to go up her shirt. Clutching her face in her hands she almost cried. Didn’t she love him?

She looked deep inside her heart passing by everything and imagining Shun’s face as she arrived at the answer.

She-

A knock came from the door and Maki sat up wiping the tears she hadn’t even realized had fallen. What a stupid reason to cry she mused. She was crying because she didn’t want her boyfriend to go up her shirt.

Okay maybe it wasn’t that stupid, but she really should have let him. Dating for a year now, really he’d been very patient with her hadn’t he?

Maki shook her head there had to be a reason. Maybe she was just old-fashioned.

Yes that was the excuse she’d use now, as it would be useless to dwell on it. After all Shun seemed like he didn’t care so why should she?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jun looked at Aya who was sleeping in the same beanbag she’d fainted in. Jun shook his head. Aya had a habit of falling asleep whenever she fainted. She'd fainted at 3 o'clock and she’d fallen asleep for about eight hours now, which was her usual sleep time.

Which meant she’d be waking up anytime now, Jun thought as he looked at the afternoon sun. She looked so different in her sleep, less fake. She looked like the girl she was, almost like a baby, which gave Jun the strong urge to protect her. Actually he’d always had that urge since Ryo, her own stepbrother, had hurt her back in New York. He refused to remember what followed after as Aya and him had made a pact to never talk about it. His mind was just about to drift off to memories when he heard a soft groan from her.

“Aya baka…are you up now?” He said in a sugary sweet voice to let her know he was being sarcastic.

“Neh? Jun? Where am I?” She asked, she was obviously expecting to find herself in a comfortable four poster bed with lace hangings in New York.

Instead she was welcomed with the somewhat homely presence of Jun's Tokyo's home.

“We’re in my house in Tokyo. You came here because you were ‘worried’ about me.” He couldn’t keep the sarcasm out of his voice and that cause Aya to poke her tongue out at him.

“Shush. It's all coming back to me, I really was worried. Last thing I remember happening was you saying…you were going to turn into a girl.” She said obviously not noticing what she had just said. Jun waited calmly counting.

“5, 4, 3, 2,-“

“Oh muh! ma in god Jun why iz ya becoming uh drag queen? Peep this !” Aya said quickly her ‘sound’ coming back to her.

It ruined any images of Aya being a girl he had. “Well at least your reaction time has decreased.” He said dully and Aya stuck her tongue out.

“Fine I’ll tone it down. Why the hell are you becoming a Drag Queen?” She said and Jun shook his head.

“Did you not hear me last night? I HAVE NO CHOICE! If I want to remain the top heir for the corporation I need to start respecting women," He said this with a clear distaste in his voice as if he hated the species. Which no one could blame him for hating right now! "I obviously wouldn't agree with this on a normal basis! But I want to company...and I'll do anything..even dress up as a woman.My mother thinks I need to get in touch with as many females as possible. What better way than becoming a female? I could suggest one! Go to a host club and pay for the hostesses and touch them all!” He said as if his mother was listening to him. Aya just looked at him as if he was slightly crazy.

“Oh and how do you plan to meet them, gain their trust and many other things in order to gain insider information into a girl's world? It’s not as if you’re great at making friends Jun- or should I say June?” Aya asked her eyebrow raised skeptically as if she didn’t believe that this messed up plan would work. Truth be told Jun wasn’t sure if it would work either so he was okay with Aya’s sarcasm.

But it wasn’t like he had any other ideas that would cause him to break out as the president of one of the foremost corporations in the world.

“Aya where are you going to school here?” Jun said assuming that she would stay here and Aya shook her head. She hadn’t really thought of going to school here, she’d just thought that she would convince Jun to come back to New York with her but now she wasn’t sure what she was doing anymore.

After a few seconds she'd come to her decision. “I’m going back to New York Jun, call me when you want but I still need to go back to attend Constance Billiard. Then you can call me whenever you want me to come over I’ll be there in a jiffy you know I have the fastest private jet on the east coast.” She said shaking her head as she watched him start pouting.

Aya chose to stay strong; her life couldn’t keep adjusting to Jun’s. She needed to make a stand now. If she were to keep living following her best friend she would never learn to be independent.

“Why do you want me here anyways?” Aya asked defiantly and shook her head well that wasn’t going to work, Jun wanted her here to stay.

“Cause I want to talk with someone as a guy. The whole time I’m going to be squealing loudly pretending to be a girl. God I might even have to wear a kimono.” He shuddered at the though and Aya grinned widely.

“What if someone asks you out eh?” She said squealing at the thought. Then she’d want to stay here just to stalk the date and see how Jun handled it. She giggled even more at the thought of Jun kissing a guy someone.

“Aya stop picturing dirty things.” Jun said obviously displeased frowning at her. Aya shrugged.

“All I know is I’m not staying here watching you become even more of a wimp.” Aya said nonchalantly. She didn’t need to look to Jun’s face to know that he was scowling like a mad man right now.

“Help me out Aya,” He said finally in a defeated tone that even Aya was shocked to hear from his voice. She gulped softly hoping he hadn’t heard her momentarily lapse in being mean to him. She stared at him, really stared at the way the light fell perfectly on his long curls and his face, his graceful face her mother had always said. Most of all she stared at his body. It actually was quite girly.

“You know Jun…you actually might pull this off,” She said softly smiling and Jun looked at her.

“I know its stupid just how girly I can look eh? I just need a pair of- I just don’t know how else to do this. Aya please stay.”

“You were always hopeless with girls where it mattered, Jun. All the girls just told you you were what they wanted because you were extremely charming to them offering them so many compliments. In fact there really was only one girl you didn’t compliment at all,”

“I forget her name.” He said quickly and turned away.

“And when she questioned you about it because she'd been getting pissed of...you’d struggled with the answer until finally saying. Je t’aime! In rapid French.” She said smirking and Jun could feel the blush rising on his cheeks.

“She’d told you that you were a fake, that she would never date you in a million years, that your hair was too girly, and that you were a stick and she needed a slightly built guy…but in not so many nice words.”

She realized that Jun was perhaps shaking a little and she decided to stop and say something that she'd never added the many other times she'd retold this story.

“I’m sorry Jun. I think I realized I never had said sorry for those words.” She said getting up and hugging him and Jun’s eyes widened as the flush on his face increased as he pushed her away.

“Baaaka its not like I like you anymore. I’m over you…overrrrr. Not that I was ever under you…wait! I didn’t mean it like that. I mean-“

“Jun,”

“Hai?”

“Urusai!” She said angrily and lifted him up on his two feet. She then twirled him around and then grinned evilly.

“Jun-chan? Let’s go shopping ne?” She said and immediately grabbed him by the wrist and dragged him towards the front door shutting it with an extremely loud bang.
------------------------------------------------------------------------

Let's hope you liked it!

I worked really hard and stuff so I would like you guys to comment. At least three per chapter is my quota but of course I would definitely like more than three. I do my comment replies on the comment page but thanks to hateytb, Zing, and Makitear-chan!!