Encounters Galore & Megumi's Time To Soar-No Snore

Third Time's The Charm
Erika walked the hallways of Eitoku silently. Of course as usual she was the only one of her friends that had actually made it to class on time and now she was the only one who was going to be eating in the cafeteria. All of the others except for Jun-chan had decided to go and get some medicine of some sort...they'd all been puking in the morning..except for Megumi oddly enough.

Erika had decided not to ask what on earth had happened at the club last night.

Her night had consisted of completing the stitches on her newest stuffed bunny creation, yelling at her diary as it was locked and she’d lost the key, and dreaming about Kamenashi-sama.

Of course that was all they were…dreams.

Quite obviously nothing would ever happen between them again because Shota had made her seem extremely unlikable and why on earth would Kame-sama want to date a shy unlikable girl? He could get so much better.

At that moment Erika saw Haruka walk in and waved to her. She was Megumi’s new roommate and a very secretive person but she was also extremely sweet when she wanted to be. So Erika decided that she would rather have lunch with her than have it alone.

“Haruka-san! How are you?” She said running up to the girl and watched Haruka glance around as if she was looking for a way out. Erika almost frowned but then Haruka nodded as she walked along with Erika.

“Oh its fine…I’ve just really been in a bad rut lately.” She said and then shook her head as if she didn’t want to talk about it and Erika nodded.

“I know what you mean. My stable boy has really been pissing me off lately. At first he used to stay out of my way what a loser right? He should be happy to even be associated near me like seriously...but it's so odd cause like all he does now is get in my way and get mad at me! Imagine that right?” She said shaking her head glaring at the plant ahead of them and Haruka laughed and patted Erika’s shoulders amiably.

“Erika-chan I doubt the poor plant feels your harsh gaze…you’d be better off going home and yelling at the boy.” She said and Erika blushed and nodded as she tried not to look so stupid again. After all it was okay for her to look dumb in front of her friends but she barely knew Haruka and that was just embarrassing...what if it got around that she was dumb on top of her million other incapabilities! Would she get harassed like the other kids who had been harassed over time?

She hoped not.

“Say Haruka…are you dating anyone? As far I’ve seen you’re really almost always on your own. I’ve always wondered why you are the daughter of one of the head pilots of Japan Air. It never made sense. OHHH do you have an overseas boyfriend? How romantic!” She said sighing and Haruka blushed and shook her head.

“Ehh…no not really Erika-chan.” She said shying away slightly slouching and Erika wondered how it was possible that Haruka seemed even shier than her. Haruka had never looked shy…just really really quiet. Was she shy? Or was it something else? It didn't look like Haruka was shy even now with her squared shoulders and how she looked directly into Erika's eyes..it just looked as if someone had broken her. Broken her into pieces like a broken ragged doll Erika thought sadly as she stared at the pretty girl with an odd feeling to hug her.

“So you have one in Japan then right? If you don’t its totally cool cause I mean hey look at me! I don’t have one and I’m living it up right right?” Erika stopped for a moment and thought…she stitched animals on Thursday nights, and dreamt of a boy that she would never ever have.

Yeah no she was a really bad example of living it single well.

At that exact moment Kamenashi Kazuya walked through the halls quite obviously not wearing his uniform but as Erika turned her head and stared at him she didn’t realize that because she didn't really care about uniforms when she stared at her 'Kamenashi-sama'. She didn't realize however that Haruka was staring at him just as intently as her but with a more pained look as she realized that he stared back not at her but at the girl beside her, Erika.

When Haruka saw this her mind whizzed wildly and she remembered how he’d stared at her last year, pulled her hand into corners of the school and how she'd done absolutely everything and anything he'd asked her to. She stopped breathing...and then one day, she started feeling the water rise and float on top of her eyes blurring her vision, what they’d wished to happen had happened. Then it had ended just as quickly and now- he had moved on.

Haruka gulped loudly feeling start to choke itself and as she grabbed she knew she had to flee away from him and Erika, as quickly as possible or she wouldn’t be able to breathe anymore.

She quickly gave Erika a smile. “Neh Erika…I’m leaving neh? Take care.” She bolted quicker than possible.

Haruka was always polite and knew her manners well, she'd always say goodbye...even if she was dying.

Erika however could barely say good-bye as she could only concentrate on one person, who was taking up all her attention, at the moment and that was the person who was making his way towards her so she waved Haruka off and walked forward towards him in a strong movement surprisingly but then she felt her own throat close up for a much different reason than Haruka’s. She wondered if this was the effect he had on every girl? Haruka had felt the worst type of pain gushing through her body but Erika felt not pain, but happiness, and adrenaline gush through her body as she neared him.

Her mind started to panic and her thoughts started to get jumbled until she could feel all her fearsome feelings muddled to form one common notion.

That notion was that now not only was she going to be perceived as a shy, unlikable girl but she was also going to have can’t-even-talk added to her list of cons on the reasons why Kame-sama shouldn’t ask her out.

“Erika.” He said stopping in front of her for a second and Erika felt a foolish grin rise on her face as her body moved left to right in a girly manner nodding slightly and just as she was about to open and definitely make a complete fool of herself he walked away.

Erika almost fainted a little as she leaned against the wall of Eitoku staring at his back which was fading into the distance of the school and disappearing down a flight of stairs. Why was he so perfect? Why was she so flawed? A million and more questions plagued her mind as usual.

She couldn’t help but thank god that he was one of those anti-social types and didn’t like talking to people a lot because if he had spoken to her with intentions of getting a reply Erika would have definitely have lost any chance she might have had with him. She just couldn’t behave normally with him. It was just million times worse with him than it was with other males that surrounded her.

Other than that stupid stable boy of course.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Megumi walked the hallways happily; she had been one of the sober ones last night. Which was actually quite new as she was usually the one who was puking. She could even remember puking on her brother once by accident, and of course that had been one of the only times he even acknowledged her half existence as his sister...by slapping her...but it had still made her feel kind of loved by Kame.

Yes, this whole turning over a new leaf thing was really working out for her. She was not sleeping with people, she was still embarrassing Mao, she was not drinking as much, and she had a long-term boyfriend.

Well…a long-term boyfriend since last night…would that be considered short term? She wasn’t too sure about it all.

She giggled nevertheless as she spotted Toma across the hallway, he also had been one of the sober ones last night but she didn’t trust him with Mao. He seemed to treat her as if she was the one who was supposed to take care of him and in Megumi’s mind Mao had enough on her plate and didn’t need to take care of someone else other than those important to her. Megumi also felt that Toma didn't have the right to fall into that category just yet...or ever.

“Oi Toma! Wait up!” She said and saw Toma stop and glance at her menacingly. She glanced back just as such but then immediately changed her look as he did, of course they had to put up a façade of friendship in front of everyone else in Eitoku but it was obvious he hated her for some reason, coughMegumithoughthewasgaycough, and so she hated him.

“Nani Megumi-chan? Want to find out if any guys have been spreading rumors about your ‘habits’ already on the first day?” He said in what might have sounded like a sweet tone of voice to anyone else but she could recognize the tiniest hint of malice behind it.

Toma was soo gay.

She’d prove it too but not yet cause she was still really busy trying to get her first real relationship to the three month mark because she figured that was what you called a long term relationship.

“Noo I just wanted to ask you what does Yamapi-kun like in his girls?” She grinned widely at him almost teasingly and he shrugged as he started walking and Megumi trudged right along with him. She heard him sigh in frustration and grinned evilly.

HAHAHAHAHHAA I am so evilll super evil Megumi-chan for the win! That's right Toma you'll have to deal with me for the rest of...well whatever time there is left for lunch. She thought continuing to grin her evil smile.

“Well…most of the time he likes them to be extremely noncommittal, not at all intellectually stimulating, and of course completely emotionally detached women so that they won’t feel bad about not being called the next day. Why does Yamapi not have your cell number? Aww poor you. I remember you giving it to him on the day you guys met though!” God he was even acting like the perfect y male Megumi noticed as she grinned widely and punched Toma’s arm a little harder than what would be considered friendly by most people, but then again she hid her emotions well towards the outsiders so only he would be able to make out what she felt for him.

“NO! Of course not actually he woke me up in the middle of my sleep saying he couldn’t wait any longer to call me!” Of course in reality Yamapi had indeed not called yet and of course Toma seemed to already know she was lying through her teeth when she said this seeing as how he had known Pi for much longer than her.

“Yeah sure Megumi so is that it? Are you heading to your cl-“

“Psychology…first time ever taking anything remotely like it actually.” She said as she neared the staircase hoping that now would be the time for them to part seeing as how she was happy having pissed off Toma sufficiently for today.

“No way.” He said shaking his head as he continued walking with her up the stairs and Megumi looked wide eyed at him as if she didn’t quite understand why he was so surprised.

“What?” She asked and Toma immediately looked defeated as he started ahead to room 112.

The number looked familiar and as Toma stepped through the doors and Megumi glanced at her timetable she saw exactly why it seemed so familiar to her.

“Noooooooo I don’t want to have a class with him. Anyone of my friends but himmmm.” She said whiningly outside the door as Toma had already disappeared inside. After bashing up the window across the room and feeling somewhat satisfactory she entered hoping a free seat would be available…and there was one, right beside Toma sadly.

“Sato-san please try not to be late next time. Take a seat beside Ikuta-san and try not to disturb the class’s learning atmosphere while you are doing it.” The sensei said giving Megumi a look that clearly said ‘I-already-don’t-like-you-don’t-bother--up.’ Well fine it wasn’t like she really cared about her teachers or the marks they handed out to her.

Usually the marks were good but she had a feeling she was not going to like Psych as much as she’d hoped when she’d first seen the course on the list for special courses this year.

So as she quietly slipped into the seat and stared at the one table that she and Toma would have to share for the rest of the year she sighed weakly as she put down her head on the table and looked around for anyone she knew.

She saw one girl that seemed mildly familiar, from perhaps the old days where she had been a and Mao had been a nerd and Maki had been what she was now and Erika had been even shier if possible.

Ahh the golden days…they’d all changed when it was revealed to everyone that Megumi was actually the ugliest brat possible and had cosmetic surgery to change that fact. Well, so what! All she'd really done was gotten a little eyelid surgery! SERIOUSLY! EVERYONE GOT IT!

No actually she’d never gotten down to saying that…she’d always wanted to but she’d never stood up for even her own self against the vast awfully mean crowds of Eitoku High. They would have thought she was lying anyways, there was no real point to it.

Toma looked at Megumi, whom he assumed was sleeping, beside him. She seemed rather distraught. He unconsciously stuck out his tongue out her and glanced ahead in front of him and realized that there really was no one in this class he knew except for Megumi and he also realized he was in no mood to make friends at the moment.

Eventually as the teacher started handing out sheets he spotted Megumi trudge up to look the teacher in the face and Toma almost saw a slight animosity in between the two as the teacher handed out the sheets to Toma and Megumi and he comfortably laid a hand on Megumi’s shoulder and leant in and whispered in her ear.

“Trust me it would be better for you to not fight with her. She does hold power over us in the end.” He said giving her a pointed look as she turned around to face him and she slumped as she looked at the sheet and nodded weakly. It was all about power in the end...he thought uselessly as he stared at the front of the class.

“I know…this is definitely not going to be my favorite class. I hate places like this,” She said and then started reading the sheet, which outlined most of the course and what exactly they’d be looking at.

Toma in a particularly mischievous mood leant closer to Megumi and slumped down the way she was and then as she looked at him he said happily shouting in her ear. “At least you have me!” He’d done it just to see her reaction…and he wasn’t disappointed he could swear she almost yelled inside her head but of course he couldn’t be too sure about that. As he stared at her wide accusing eyes and he saw her shake the fright out of her body.

“Ahem please stop talking and refrain from making noises.” Here the teacher stopped to look at Megumi and Toma and the other students immediately started shutting up and staring at the teacher like robots as to make sure they wouldn’t be picked on either.

“I’m going to skip all the boring stuff and go straight into it. You and your partner sitting beside you are going to be sitting there for the rest of the semester. I suggest this not be a person you get along well with.” She said shocking most of the people that were sitting with each other. Megumi however didn’t turn to face Toma and pretend to be shocked because she didn’t like him and it seemed as if god was working his evil magic on her right now. He had never really been on her side from the beginning of her birth, and she was used to these cruel jokes he often played on her.

She’d just have to fall asleep for most of the class and dream of Yamapi. Ahh yes that would be perfect…Yamapi beside her…Yamapi kissing her, and dancing with her last night, Yamapi holding her hand, and then that led to thoughts of what she and Yamapi might do and then that lead to thoughts of how it would feel now that she actually cared about the person…and if it would happen or not or whether he was a gentleman or-

“SATO-SAN! Please pay attention!” She was broken out of her extremely wonderful thoughts of Pi by the teacher and Toma winced at how loud exactly the teacher had managed to be.

“Now that Sato-san has floated back down from space to join us on earth shall I continue? The person beside you will be the person whose brain you will analyze and will explain through the five schools of thought as to why they behave that way. I want a 10 page essay which will thoroughly explain the patients past, present and how they might react to certain situations presented to them in the future. For this you must spend a great degree of time with the other person. I suggested it be someone you don’t particularly like that much so that you understand that everyone has their problems in life and you have to learn to accept people with all their odd antics and behaviors. If I see you get along too well with your partner during the beginning of the semester I will seat you with someone I find suitable. Are we clear?” She said finally and Megumi shrugged and looked at Toma…well it wasn’t like she didn’t already spend time with the gay man so this would be easy. She’d probably explain why he still hid in the closet when he should just come out and make it easier for everyone.

“Hai!” She said first and the teacher gave her a small nod and started writing about the five schools of thought on the board and Megumi watch Toma lazily stare at it not bothering to take out his notebook and start writing as she was. Albeit her notes were always total bull

“Why aren’t you taking down anything?” She asked. She might as well get to know his odd freakish behavior.

“I have photogenic memory. I read something once I remember it.” He said easily as he read the words out loud and turned away from the board easily and looked at Megumi’s face that was displaying emotions of surprise, astonishment, and sudden admiration.

“Eh…Toma-chan…want to be study buddies?” She asked grinning widely and cutely as possible. Yes she was planning to use Toma only for his vast knowledge. He looked at her doubtfully and she kept smiling her cute smile.

Toma seriously thought about it. He knew for sure why she was asking. Most people asked him this question after he revealed he had photogenic memory. They thought this made him smarter for some reason. Really he was just a dumb guy who remembered things easily. That was why he at math usually unless he had a calculator.

As he stared at her he decided he would make her suffer for even thinking of trying to use him. There was only one girl who was allowed to use him and throw him away like dirt and Toma wouldn’t get mad…and that was Maki.

It didn't sound as good as he thought it would when he'd first thought it. He slapped his face in his hand and immediately looked back to Megumi.

He grinned widely and nodded. “Of course! We have to pretend to hate each other for now though cause otherwise sensei will move us ty !” He said and winked at Megumi even thought he really did want to call her a ty because that was exactly what she was

She nodded back at him, happy that the time to insult each other was here. “Of course you dumb piece of ! You rely on your best friend for everything don’t you? Even like picking up girls and stuff! That is soooo weak. Not hard whatsoever!” Ah this was feeling very good Megumi decided and as she saw the teacher glance at them appreciatively she knew this was working too.

She offered Toma a victory wink, which he started laughing at and returned with a thumb up, and Megumi felt the start of a really odd relationship, it sure as hell wasn’t friendship unless they were the fakest friends possible.

Though this relationship she could already sense had drastically reduced the animosity between them. Perhaps it was the finally getting all the swearing hatred between them out of their mouths and out in the open.

And hey, she thought casually, perhaps this would help him approve of her for Yamapi.

She still thought he was gay though.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: OMGGG I love this chapter. I know it doesn't include anyone too main but I love it anyways. It was so much fun to write. I love writing both Toma and Megumi so it was awesome. Erika is one of my favourites to write as well so that was a lot of fun.

I'd like to thank my reviewers and tell anyone else reading this to comment as well! It's located on the contents page beside the main index button!

THANK YOU GUYS SO MUCH!: AX, Makitear-chan, Zing, _lilbee, CrimsOn, Ichigokut3, and GL!

THANK YOU GUYS SO MUCHHHHH! *GLOMPLOVEGLOMPHUG*

And now the much awaited Actors conference!

Jin: I'M YOUR SPECIAL HOST TODAY! BRAP BRAP! ARE WE FEELING THE LOVE YALL?

Pi: What the hell are you doing here? Are you even in the story?

Jin: *STARTS CRYING* Why must you do this everytime?! I feel so bad you know? I'm like always left out. You, Toma, Ryo, I bet even Yuu will show up soon but I'm the only one left out! Even Jun is in this!

Jun: Ahem...that's Matsumoto-senpai to you Akanishi. Such a cocky debut.

Jin: *flushes...not blushes*

Kashi Yu: Ahh who is this trying to hug me?! *tries pushing Toma away from her but he still tries to hug the manophobe finally raises her hand to slap him*

Shun: *saves Kashi Yu* Konnichiwa Kashi-san.

Kashi: *in awe*

Shun: *does an ikemen flip of his hair like Junno often does in Yukan club*

Kashi: *is not in awe anymore*

Maki: *PISSED OFF* OI! JUST BECAUSE WE STOPPED TALKING IN THE STORY DOESN'T MEAN YOU CAN GO OFF CHEATING ON ME! BAKA SHUN!

Shun: *shocked* We're still together?

Maki: *SHOCKED* UH DUH! WE WERE ON A BREAK!

Shun: NO WE WEREN'T YOU WENT AWAY SAYING THAT YOU DIDN'T WANT TO DO THIS.

Maki: OH HELLZ NO! WE WERE ON A BREAK!

Jin: And doesn't this remind you all of Ross and Rachel from the popular New York set show 'Friends?'

Maki: DO NOT MAKE SIMILARITIES BETWEEN ME AND RACHEL RIGHT NOW!

Jin: *shies away and is going to cry again but gets glomped by Aya*

Aya: *glomps* Jin-kunnn don't get sad! You always have me neh? Maki's just iffy cause she doesn't want Shun to go move on from her cause she super duper lo-

Maki: *JUMPS ON AYA* BAKA BAKAKAAAAAA

Shun: *grins in an arrogant manner* WHO'S THE MAN NOW!? HUHH HUHUHH TOMA, PI, JUN, AND EVERY OTHER MAN IN THIS STORY?

Kame: You wanna a fight Oguri? *spits out spit in a tough way*

Erika T.: OMGZZ THIS IS SHO HOT!

Shota: *shakes his head* Seriously I still have no idea what my role in this story is.

Author: Ehehehe...not sure of that yet....

Jin: OOoOooOoo can I have a role? Pleaseeee pleaseee

Author: *nervous giggle*

Jin: *puts on his hot face*

Author: *gives in and jumps on Jin nodding* YES! YOU CAN HAVE A ROLE! YOU CAN HAVE JUN'S ROLE!

Jun: OI!!

Mao: OI- no matte...Jin might be a little hotter than Jun...yeah okay...I have no problem with letting that room with me ^.^ *wiggles eyebrows in a manly way*

Jin: *gets a little scared*

Jun: OI!

Mao: Well you know what Jun it's just like- *is immediately picked up by Jun from the bottom and is swung over his shoulders* AHHH YAMATEEE I'M SCARED OF HEIGHTS!

Jun: Shut up idiot! I'm not letting you room with any other man who knows what they'd do to you?!

Mao: JUNN we're just acting...but that was cute neh?

Jun: *blushes*

Megumi: OMGOMGGOMG I SEE SOM-

Toma: *shut her up by clapping a hand over * You ruin stuff before it even starts don't you?

Megumi: *huffs away and goes and stands beside Pi and glomps him*

Erika S.: What happened to the fight between Kame and Shun? I was kind of looking forward to that.

[Jun and Jin both start towards her, Mao stares at them both huffily and they both go back slowly]

Mao: THAT'S RIGHT! MY GO NO WHERE BUT STAY WITH ME!

Jun and Jin: Your whats?

Mao: Ehhehee I'll just go hang with Toma-kun neh? *Jun and Jin start after her*

Toma: *shocked by Mao suddenly jumping behind him and holding onto him from the back* EHHH?

Shun: *dies*

Toma: WHOS THE MAN NOW!? MUAHAHAHAHAH

Megumi: *punches Toma* ORE! MUAHAHAHHAHAHA