Wonwoo: Sleepless Nights

Stay Strong Seventeen 2

 

-----------------------------------

Of course he remembered

His head throbbed again, this time he had to close his eyes for while. His food in front of him but no appetite, he remembers being so hungry but now, he's so distracted by a dream. He remembers the way Mingyu woke him up, the way he lied to him, he never lied to him, it didn't feel right. Wonwoo glanced up from where he was sitting on the dining table something about a "Water activities" and "Go Seventeen"

He tried to focus for a second 

"So what? Like swimming and stuff?" Dino asked and Vernon was more than happy to answer "More like water gliding and falling off banana boats" Dino chuckled kinda excited "Sounds like fun"

"This is our schedule for tomorrow?" Wonwoo asked but too quiet like usual barely anyone could hear him but the person next to him passed him the small booklet. Scoups smiled "Yeah it sounds like fun" he said smiling. Usually, it would sound like fun but Wonwoo wasn't ready for this, not right now anyways.

Mingyu's piercing eyes would glance over at Wonwoo from time to time but he got lost in the conversation about tomorrow's schedule and didn't notice when Wonwoo left the table. They wrapped up dinner and each were doing their own thing before finally heading to bed. 
 

It was a beautiful garden like place, it was huge and it went for miles on miles as it seemed like it had no end. Wonwoo was laying down on his back, on the floor, cold just like the walls of the practice room, his spine shivering to the sensation. It was peaceful and quiet but also kind of distant and scary. He could feel the presence of someone near him, a warm presence as warm as Mingyu was earlier with him. And suddenly, a few inches away from his face, his mom came to say hi.

His heart skipped a beat, he knew she wasn't in this world anymore, then which world is this?

He tried to move, talk or touch her but he couldn't move as if he was pinned to the ground. When he realized he couldn't even touch her, Wonwoo called out for her "Mom?" ... "I miss you" he mumbled and whined, he could vividly feel the tears coming down his cheeks, the warm trail it was leaving behin as they fell. 
"Oh my handsome son" his mom said patting his head over and over "my handsome handsome boy" she repeated 

"Why did you leave me?"

"I never left you my handsome boy"

"Mom?"

but she never replied back, she kept his head, gently playing with his hair "My handsome boy" was all she kept repeating and it was creepy and scary and Wonwoo wanted more, he wanted to move and hug her tightly and never let her go why can't he move?

The ground just felt too cold.

He opened his eyes but the sight of his mother's face was stuck in his head, he felt like he was somewhere between reality and ... another place that he couldn't put a name tag on.
Mingyu's voice woke him up from wherever he was. And the pain in his head reminded him how reality felt like. He was too confused for a second, Mingyu asked him about something and all he remember saying was "Just a Headache" and he didn't lie but when Mingyu asked him about his mother, Wonwoo didn't really know what to say "I don't remember" sounded stupid but he didn't find what else to say, he lied but it's okay right?

Wonwoo slipped away from the dining room, he barely ate anything, his mind was wandering around in circles, sure his headache was one problem but the dream shook him to his core. He missed his mother so much, and seeing her like this out of the blue, wasn't something he was prepared for. He dragged himself back to his and Mingyu's room and didn't even bother to put the lights on, he laid on his bad with a hand resting on his temples, if he was lucky to get some sleep tonight, maybe this headache will go away in the morning. 

It wasn't until a while later when Mingyu came in, Wonwoo was curled up in his bed seemingly sleeping but in reality his head was running marathons on its own. Mingyu stopped to take a look at him, just by looking at Wonwoo, he knew that he wasn't really sleepy ''Are you okay there?"... "How's your headache?''

Wonwoo didn't even flinch, he hummed in response but never uttered a word. Mingyu was a bit worried ''Shall I get you something?'' he offered and a few seconds later, he could hear a faint ''No'' coming from the sleepless figure 

''You sound tired'' Mingyu stated ''Get some sleep you'll feel better once you get some rest'' 

Mingyu wasn't wrong, Wonwoo would feel much better once he gets some rest but it didn't seem like he was getting any sleep tonight. His tears silently fell on his cheeks onto his pillow, he was exhausted, his body started screming at him after the long hours he spent at the practice room and his mind won't shut up *Mom* he whispered it inside his heart *Why is all coming back to me right now? It's been months* 

Of course, he tried so hard to get some rest and for a long time, he tossed and turned in his bed. Without him knowing, Mingyu looked after him for a while before he surrendered to sleep himself. It was around 3am when Wonwoo wobbled outside his bed to the kitchen to get some water and in his hand, again, he had some painkillers. He probably shouldn't have taken them on his empty stomach, he barely ate anything since yesterday and he wasn't feeling well for a while but gulped them down anyways and went back to bed. 
 

He tried to get some shut eye and eventually did but when Junhui woke him up in the morning, he felt like it was only a 5 minutes nap. His muscles were hurting and he knew for sure now that this headache was no longer a small issue. It is definitely going to be a long day. He sat on the bed when he questioned why was Junhui the one waking him up? The confused look on his face made Junhui chuckle "Mingyu left early for a pre interview"


Okay, that made more sense. Actually, he felt better, at least Mingyu don't have to witness the look on his face or his condition. Mingyu will know for sure how bad things were and the fact that he wasn't there right now meant that Wonwoo didn't have to deal with him yet.

He slowly stood up trying to ignore the dizziness, he dressed up ever so quickly and packed his bag with whatever he could assemble and joined the others. His forehead against the window, he tried to catch up on some sleep since the way to their shooting place was a bit far, his stomach was making a funny feeling because obviously he barely ate anything and he was gulping down pills since yesterday, he expected this to happen. The other problem he was thinking about right now were the words "Water activities"

Everybody was so excited and chatty about it especially Dino, but Wonwoo didn't know where to even start with the idea of him getting into the water. He sighed deeply, a sad sigh that nobody seemed to hear and he thought to himself "It will pass" just like any other day, it will definitely pass and to his surprise, it did