Wonwoo: Fever II

Stay Strong Seventeen 2

 

-----------------------

Getting out of the bus was almost mission impossible, his feet trembling and head spinning, he swore he has never felt anything like it before. Yes it was a tough couple of days and Wonwoo had a feeling that they were about to get even tougher for him. He swolled hard as he made his way to their building leaving Dino and Scoups behind him, the two stopped in their tracks talking to each other.

He barely was aware of where he was going, he tripped and almost fell few feet away from their main door. He stood up taking a deep breath, leaned on the wall for support and continued walking straight to his room. He passed by Hoshi and Deokyeom, the two bickering about something he couldn't care less about right now, he could see red spots forming in front of his eyes blurring his vision. 
 

He honestly can't remember how, but he simple just flopped on his bed. He didn't care that his clothes were still wet and didn't care about where he left his glasses, probably still on the bus, he just laid motionless. He remembers noises coming from outside and wished that he had closed the door behind him when he came in but the noises soon calmed down as he pushed them away in his head. 
 

Overtaken by the darkness, Wonwoo surrendered to the feeling. All he needed was this, even if it was for just a little while. He was only there for about 15 minutes before Scoups jump scared him and hasked him go in the shower. It was only then that he realized he couldn't hide it anymore, he realized that yes, he needed them to know, he needed them by his side.


The clammy feeling was washed away by the nice hot shower, he felt much fresher after that, and he was a bit more awakened. Scoups was too gentle with him and Mingyu looked really worried and when the younger embraced him to ease his pain, it meant the world to him. He didn't know how to pay him back, Mingyu was no pillow but he was exactly the type of comfort he needed.

He woke up again a couple of hours later, he felt the cold towel on his forehead being removed and the comfort of Mingyu leaving his side. He opened his eyes to Jeonghan asking him to eat and yes he was absolutely hungry and he ate everything. He must have been dehydrated as well, because he gulped down about 2 bottles of water in between and he went back to sleep again totally consumed by the darkness and the numbing pain that was throbbing throughout his body.

When his head hit the pillow again, the room was spinning still. The wet towel was once again placed on his forehead this time a bit closer to his eyes, and he liked it giving his sore burning eyes a cool senstation. He was once again consumed by this feeling, his mind was floating somewhere bringing him further and further from them, from the noises, form the world.

It must have been a while now, Wonwoo opened his eyes slightly when the noises around him were getting louder and louder. He couldn't make out any of them, he didnt know from where they were coming from or from whom. His vision was blurry and he closed his eyes again.

He felt the pressure of a sting in his left arm. He barely reacted to the feeling, he opened his eyes for a second "Wonwoo?" He heard his name faintly beeing called and he couldn't figure out who's voice it was.


He hissed when the sting senstation in his arm grew and forgot about the person calling him for a second. Something was happening around him but he was too powerless to understand. Someone was holding his hand, a warm touch, Mingyu? He questioned himself and he squeezed it whining through the pain but soon again, he went back to sleep.

The night was getting darker and Wonwoo was still sleeping. Scoups, Jeonghan and Mingyu were the three main people to stay with Wonwoo and keep an eye on him. Scoups sighed deeply replacing the wet towel again, he was getting frustrated as time went by

"Jeonghan?" The leader softly called "I ... I don't have a good feeling about this" 

The room was dark, only a small lamp was on, they tried to keep the temperature low hoping that it would help Wonwoo feel a bit more comfortable. 

But it didn't seem to be working.

Scoups was getting restless now "It's been hours" he tried to keep his voice low, he wanted to explain himself while meeting Jeonghan's worried eyes.
Jeonghan nodded "I know" he couldn't say much actually. Mingyu was sitting closer to Wonwoo's bed but could hear the entire conversation "I don't want this to get out of control" Scoups continued "I don't want to regret anything" 

"I know" Jeonghan said again nodding in agreement 

"I'm calling them" Scoups decided, and there was no going back once he sets his mind on something. Mingyu's heart was skipping beats like crazy, he sighed squeezing the sleeping Wonwoo's hand into his own.


Wonwoo was breathing slowly, his chest rising up and down in continuous motion, his face and lips pale, cheeks rather too flushed and simply just laying there. His blanket up to his chin and a wet towel on his forehead. But what worried Scoups the most was the fact that Wonwoo's fever wasn't breaking not even a little and it's been a little too long now and it wasn't a good sign. 
When Scoups made the call, Mingyu tightened his grip on Wonwoo's hand praying hard for him. In his heart, there were words he couldn't utter, he prayed silently for Wonwoo to be okay, for this night to simply pass.

The doctor was no stranger to them, he was a crew member. He toured with them countless times and took care of them at times of injuries. He took a look at Wonwoo's sleeping figure, he was rather surprised by his complexion, he measured his fever and no doubt Scoups was right, this was no ordinary fever "Oh guys what happened?" The doctor asked as he proceeded to check on Wonwoo's heartbeats among another things while Jeonghan calmly tried to tell him the story, the doctor sighed finally attaching the IV drips into Wonwoo's vein "You should've called me earlier" 

Wonwoo hissed at the sensation, he stirred a bit in his sleep and that's when the doctor started calling his name a couple of times but to no vail.

Wonwoo went right back to sleep a few seconds later. 

In the middle of it all, Mingyu has gone silent, he has been silent for a while now and it was something quite unexpected from the always happy virus. Scoups was basically blaming himself for everything, he shouldn’t have listened to Wonwoo, he should have called earlier. And even though Wonwoo was simply sleeping at this point, Jeonghan’s hands were shaking, nervously holding onto the fabric around the hems of his sleeves.

No one was allowed inside the room except for the three of them, everyone was still confusedly waiting in the living room. When Scoups ran through the hallways opening their main door to reveal no one other than their own close personal doctor, everyone was suddenly worried. Wonwoo wasn’t the type to get sick easily, but this wasn’t like anything he had before.

Wonwoo’s head was foggy, his body floating not to mention this boiling sensation he had under his skin. A cold hand pressed against his forehead drawing him a little out of his sleep. He opens his eyes ‘’Mom’’ he mumbled almost to himself. Was it her again? Her fingers brushing against his cheeks, ‘’Mom?’’ he mumbled again before a breath escaped his mouth and tears fell gracefully on his face. He wasn’t sure if he was dreaming or not, but his mom was once again hoovering on top of his head. He was once again pinned to the floor, and the floor was too cold, he shivered badly as all he wanted was to touch her, to hold her so tight even if it meant that he would do it for the last time. He was too tired to fight the feeling, tears kept falling down his face and she was brushing them away.

And that was the last time he ever saw her.