Minwon: Restless

Stay Strong Seventeen 2

 

------------------

Mingyu knew that Wonwoo was sick, he just wondered how bad it was? or what else the older was hiding? 

At times like these, they all hid things, tried to do their best, and let the show go on but in the end, things would go wrong and Mingyu had a bad feeling that Wonwoo was hiding more than just a cold or maybe a possible injury. He sighed as he helped the older get to their apartment and watched him closely as he changed his clothes, Wonwoo could barely stand up properly. Finally, Wonwoo hit the bed, he groaned the second his head hit the pillow "Headache?" Mingyu asked and Wonwoo hummed "Do you need to take something for it?" 

"I already did" Wonwoo answered and it made Mingyu chuckle "When exactly? when you were sleeping in the van?" he stopped for a second, "During the performance?" Wonwoo sleepily hummed again

"So you had it even back then? The headache I mean" Wonwoo hummed once again but this time his voice seemed to be getting fainter and calmer, Wonwoo was already asleep. Mingyu sighed and turned off the lights before he exited the room and closed the door behind him and went to the living room. Dino, Hoshi, and Jun were getting ready to play some video games, installing their gadgets in the TV and talking excitedly about how they will beat each other. Mingyu flopped on the couch and was having fun watching them bicker at each other, they were there for a while and he ended up sleeping on the couch. 

It was around 3 am when he woke up, he found himself sleeping on the couch with a small blanket on top of him, he figured that one of the boys covered him up before they headed to bed but that wasn't the reason he woke up, He pciked his head up there was a dim light coming from the hallway, someone must be still awake.  He pushed himself off the couch, he thought he should go sleep probably on his bed, but as soon as he reached the hallway, he somehow forgot about going back to sleep for a while.

The bathroom's door was open, lights were on and Wonwoo on the floor drenched in cold sweat kneeling in front of the toilet bowl. Mingyu froze for a second before he walked inside the washroom, the sight made his heart race. His sudden presence scared Wonwoo for a second but didn't change the way he looked. Mingyu kneeled next to the boy on the floor. Wonwoo was holding into the fabric around his stomach, breathing deeply while sweat was literally dripping from the sides of his face to his cheeks. He must have been here for a while, Mingyu's heart sunk 

"Why are you up at this hour?" Wonwoo asked, a stupid question to ask considering the situation at hand but the ice had to be broken

"I can ask you the same thing" Mingyu answered offering a soothing hand on Wonwoo's back "Are you okay? What happened?"

Wonwoo was breathing deeply "I must have eaten something bad," he said not making a move and staying still in front of the toilet bowl

"Do you think you're going to throw up?" Mingyu asked and Wonwoo swallowed hard "I already did" he said before his face changed into a weird uncomfortable look, Wonwoo immediately curled himself closer and heaved into the cold ceramic. Mingyu hurried to pull Wonwoo by the shoulders and waited until the older was done.

Wonwoo was panting badly, he moved away from the cold floor holding on to Mingyu to stand up

"Are you sure you're done?" Mingyu asked worried 

"I don't think there's anything left Mingyu" Wonwoo sounded exhausted still taking deep breaths 

They slowly moved to the sink, Wonwoo washed his face with cold water and brushed his teeth to freshen up. Mingyu was there the entire time making sure Wonwoo won't slip or fall again. His immediate intentions were to take Wonwoo back to his room but the older stopped him "The boys are sleeping and I don't want to wake them up" Mingyu didn't didn't agree at first but Wonwoo didn't seem like he could fight him so gave in and they both walked back to the living room couch.

Wonwoo slowly sat down "How do you feel?" Mingyu asked

"Better I guess, a bit dizzy, my stomach hurts" Wonwoo answered his eyes closing tiredly.

Mingyu sighed and helped him lay down, he brought the small blanket and covered him up "Let me go find you some pain killers, what did you eat that we didn't? Were you eating snacks alone Wonwoo-shi? that's not fair" Wonwoo chuckled feeling more tired than ever

"How dare I not share a pack of ships with my 12 members? ... Never" 

The fact that they were able to tell jokes at times like these kinda made Mingyu feel a bit relieved,  at least, Wonwoo was doing okay enough to tell jokes, he quickly went roaming inside their cabinet for some pain killers and came back as soon as he could and found Wonwoo at the exact same position he left him in. He helped him to sit up slowly and gulp down the pills. Mingyu sat on the floor right in front of Wonwoo, he brought the bottle of water and had a sip himself before he turned back to Wonwoo again. The boy's eyes were closed obviously too exhausted but he wasn't sleeping quite yet.

"Still dizzy?" Mingyu asked and Wonwoo hummed trying to avoid a conversation as his stomach was still playing tricks on him, Mingyu was silent for some time but again he couldn't help to get some answers"Earlier when everyone was looking for you in the waiting room, where were you?" Wonwoo opened his eyes only to stare up at the ceiling "Washroom" he answered painfully "I was throwing up" ... "It hurt" 

Mingyu looked up in shock "And after the performance too?" he asked very worried, Wonwoo hummed and Mingyu jolted up "What?" ... "And you didn't bother to tell anyone?" 

"I just told you" Wonwoo mumbled closing his eyes again

"Don't you think it's a bit too late?" Mingyu was triggered but when Wonwoo didn't answer, he sighed and calmed himself down for a bit "Are you sure you're okay?" Mingyu found himself asking the same question again

"I'll let you know from now on if I wasn't I promise" Wonwoo's promise made Mingyu's heart settle, at least for now

"I can't believe you hid this from us ... it's too much really" Wonwoo didn't say anything, Mingyu was bickering like usual nothing new "Okay, fine just sleep, for now, let's see if you feel better in the morning"

Mingyu was upset but Wonwoo knew that he was just worried, he smiled to himself as he closed his eyes and let the darkness take over him slowly knowing that Mingyu was now laying down on the other side of the couch sleeping close by.