Minwon: Wake Up

Stay Strong Seventeen 2

 

----------------

Reaching the hospital, Mingyu finally had some kind of a self-realization, he tried to shake off the dazed state he was in and do something that would actually help. Jeonghan gently took his hand and dragged him out of the van, Mingyu gave him a thankful look before they rushed to the ambulance that just pulled over at the hospital's main entrance. S.Coups came out, and soon after, the paramedics took out the stretcher. Wonwoo was covered up to his neck, an oxygen mask covering his nose and mouth and tubes already stuck to his arms, and they run with him inside. 

It took nothing but seconds, they took him away and no one was allowed beyond that point.

Jeonghan walked back and forward before he finally stoped to catch a breath. S.coups and him had a hushed conversation "What happened in the ambulance?" he asked urgently, Mingyu was standing near by with the manager by his side but he wanted to be part of the conversation as well "They keept him stable all the way here, they said it will be fine we just need to wait for a while'' 

Mingyu finally took a somewhat releived breath for the first time since everything has happened, which right now, felt like since forever. He sat nervously in the waiting room, Jeonghan by his side, his manager and S.Coups talking at the end of the corridor. Jeonghan ran a soft hand on Mingyu's back him gently

"You did good, thank you" the older suddenly muttered,

Mingyu looked up feeling frustrated, he knew about Wonwoo's condition but he took it lightly "I haven't done anything, if I did, he wouldn't be in this condition" He tried to help but never actually did, he never thought that it would turn into this, now he feels like it's all his fault. if Wonwoo didn't speak of his symptoms to anyone else except to Mingyu, he should have said something on his behalf but he didn't and it made him feel terrible.

Jeonghan the younger's back tightly this time "But you did what you can, it could have been worse if it wasn't for you there" Jeonghan was right, what if Mingyu wasn't there in the first place? what if he didn't stumble on Wonwoo that night and found out about his condition? What if he wasn't there today itself.

Two hours have alread passed and Mingyu was now slightly leaning onto Jeonghan, both of them nervously waiting for an update. S.Coups was sitting across them on a chair looking somewhere behind what the white wall of the waiting room had to offer, he was floating somewhere thinking deeply until finally, the nurse came in calling for "Jeon Wonwoo?" and the four of them immediately stood up anxiously

"He just got off surgery, he's still under sedatives but the doctor will see you now"

Without wasting any more time, they followed the nurse to the doctor's office. As soon as they entered the office the much older man greeted them with a smile and asked them to sit down. There was nothing much to be told actually "The surgery went fine, it's unfortunate that he had to go through all of this, this particular condition can cause patients a lot of pain if not treated sooner, but I heard that he had some amazing friends by his side to help him through ... if it weren't for you it could have gotten way worse" ... "You can see him now, but I'm afraid that he'll need to stay with us for few days before you can take him home just to make sure that everything is fine" 

Sighs of relief were heard, they couldn't wait to go and see Wonwoo but Mingyu was rather nervous again. Jeonghan noticed and placed a soft hand on his shoulder "See? I told you, you helped more than you thought you did" he soflty said before the nurse opened the door to Wonwoo's hospital ward.

At first, they all stopped in their tracks, it took them a while before they slowly started making their way to Wonwoo's bed. Wonwoo was paler than ever, they have never seen him this pale before, an oxygen mask still covering half of his face, drips stuck to his arm, and a machine beeping next to him. He was stripped out of his comfy clothes and put into a hospital gown, so thin, he looked so cold but peaceful, he looked like was in deep sleep, like nothing had happened, like he didn't feel any pain.

Mingyu sat at the edge of the bed finding himself a spot near Wonwoo's knee, Jeonghan and S.Coups got those small hospital chairs on each side and the manager stood up for a while before he excused himself to go give the bosses a call and take care of the paperwork. Everything was so quiet, nothing was heard but the beeping sounds. For a second, Mingyu leaned a bit over, he wanted to lay next to the boy on the bed but he decided against it, what if he hurts him again? 

When his eyes fluttered open, Wonwoo couldn't make sense of his surroundings, a faint weird sound was piercing through his ears, going louder little by little as his mind woke up. He took a lazy look around himself, he couldn't move, his limbs felt too loose and body just too heavy to lift like he had no control over them. Suddenly, he felt a warm presence by his side, the mattress sunk a little by his side, he blinked again and he saw Mingyu hoovering above his head. It took him some time to familiarise the figure so close to his head, he knew exactly who it was but still, everything felt so out of place and time, a dream-like feeling. Wonwoo closed his eyes for a second again during which he could feel a warm brush against his cheek, somebody probably touched him, it wasn't threatening but very gentle, he opened his eyes, the tall figure was still there but suddenly he left, why? A man in white came into his line of vision, he couldn't identify who he was because soon after, he closed his eyes again.

He was in and out of consciousness, but they knew he was okay. The last time Wonwoo woke up, Mingyu was talking informally above his head trying to get his attention "Yah, Jeon Wonwoo, S.Coups Hyung says I can have your parts in Trauma right away if you won't wake up" Mingyu chuckled, Jeonghan pushing him to the side a bit "Stop annoying him" he amusingly hit the younger on the back of his neck but this time Wonwoo was most aware "No you're not" he mumbled behind the mask making everyone freeze for a second 

"Hey, are you really awake?" Mingyu asked with a suppressed laugh and shock, Wonwoo shifted his eyes to the boy, he wanted to say more but obviously he couldn't, the sedative was still taking its troll on him, wearing off rather slowly, Mingyu smiled ''Okay, fine'' he said ''I won't take them'' he said before Wonwoo closed his eyes again but this time, they were a little bit more reassured. No matter how small that conversation was, it was enough to make them feel way better about the whole thing. He was okay, he was doing good enough to understand Mingyu's joke and respond to it.

It was enough for them, at least for now