Wonwoo: Lucid Dreams

Stay Strong Seventeen 2

 

-----------------------------------

''Come on'' Hoshi's voice could be heard throughout the training room, louder than the music that was playing for the past two hours ''One more round'' he ended the sentence with a clap. Wonwoo sighed, trailing after the younger ''How could he be so excited?'' they've been here for the past two hours trying so hard to perfect their moves. Wonwoo has always admired Hoshi's enthusiasm, the kid was so talented, no doubt of that, and above all so creative and hyper...very annoying but kind and caring.

He couldn't lie, Wonwoo would rather be home right now, probably laying down somewhere quiet and warm. Ever since this morning, he developed a small headache, nothing serious but it was starting to distract him a bit. He ignored it for a while and made sure to pop a painkiller on his way to the van before practice but it seems like it didn't do much ... well anyways, he didn't think much of it and continued trailing beside Hoshi who just came back from resetting the music, took his position next to his brothers and started the routine all over again. 

The day is almost over, they've been here since morning and they were exhausted already even Hoshi surprisingly, Wonwoo chuckled at him when the younger just lay on the ground motionless complaining to S.coups about going home already and buying him dinner ... oh yeah, they haven't eaten yet.
He was glad that at least he had that one apple before leaving the house this morning.
S.coups finally gave in ''What do you want to eat? Hyung will get it for you tonight'' as strict as S.coups was as a leader, he always gave in especially after a long day like today. S.coups knew that everyone was exhausted and he wished that they all would go home already but there was a few pending things to be done. 

He was sitting on the floor, his back against the cold wall, he was sensitive to the cold, he could feel his spine shiver but the sensation was never new to him. Everybody knows how sensitive he is so when he was wearing this thick black hoodie while everyone else was wearing tank tops and t-shirts, nobody questioned him.
Wonwoo rested his arms on his knees, he was too quiet like usual, breathing in some air as it was finally time to wrap up the practice. His eyes silently followed s around, suddenly flinching at the tingling sensation above his eyes, his headache is getting worse, obviously because he was in the training room for hours constantly moving and jumping and everything in between. He picked his head up when a special someone sat next to him, Mingyu, his roommate and closest friend. 

Mingyu casually sat next to his roommate, mind still wandering around how everyone got upset because S.coups offered to buy Hoshi dinner ''What about us'' Dino asked and Scoups regretted his words, now the chaos started and Mingyu laughed amused by Seungkwan's pouty face and Deokyeom's extravagant betrayal reactions. Wonwoo glanced over at his friend but didn't say anything, also amused by the chaos unfolding in front of him. 

''All good with you?'' Mingyu asked now paying extra attention to his roommate, Wonwoo slowly nodded pointing at his head ''Headache'' he mumbled but didn't say much. Mingyu frowned feeling worried about his friend ''Is it bad?'' he asked and Wonwoo shook his head ''No'' He was a man of few words, he didn't elaborate much but Mingyu was still worried. He ran a hand on Wonwoo's back, cold, even when he was wearing his thick hoodie. Wonwoo leaned to the touch, Mingyu was always warm, they were they exact opposite.
He closed his eyes for a second, he didn't need words to reassure each other, Mingyu knew that Wonwoo wouldn't talk much but he knew that if it was serious, Wonwoo would tell him for sure. 

Suddenly, cheers could be heard, Mingyu and Wonwoo's attention were diverted, and Scoups gave in again, dinner for 13 is on him tonight. A smile escaped them as they got excited for a second, Mingyu's hand never leaving Wownoo's back soothing him a little. It was finally time to leave, some had to stay behind, Woozi, Joshua & Jeonghan had some recording to do and the rest quickly packed up their things and were now walking their way to the parking lot. 


The ride home was smooth and fun just like always, everyone being so playful, making jokes about how Scoups will be paying for their meal tonight which ended up being Cheese Ramen, noting fancy but they all enjoyed sharing a meal. As soon as they got home, everyone went straight to their rooms to freshen up and got ready for dinner. Even though not 13 of them were there but isn't it always the case? There are so many of them that it's kind of rare to see all of them together, at least one of them will be out for an individual screen time or a personal chore.


Wonwoo hit the shower first and Mingyu trailed right after him. Wonwoo passed by with a towel around his neck, looking fresh and comfortable in his pajamas. Mingyu didn't say anything, he was on his phone when Wonwoo walked out and he casually took his clothes and went inside their shared washroom. Wonwoo slowly walked to his bed, damn this headache is getting worse by the minute. He ruffled his wet hair with the towel for a while and laid on his bed, it was just for a second, he was waiting for Mingyu to come out and join everyone for dinner but he must have dozed off.

Mingyu came out of the shower a while later, as he walked to his side of the room, he glanced over at Wonwoo's slender figure sleeping with his towel still in his hand, he smiled, they always thought Wonwoo was the cutest while sleeping. He decided not to wake him up for now until dinner was ready and about thirty minutes later, it was. Mingyu came back to his and Wonwoo's room when dinner was finally ready. He walked in to wake him up and was about to shake him up when he heard him mumbling in his sleep. Mingyu stopped for a while "Mom" ... "please" ... "Mom" he was shocked and suddenly worried "Mom?" He said to himself, was Wonwoo dreaming of his late mother? 


It was unusual and somehow really sad. Wonwoo's mother passed away months ago, they were close and to be honest this was the first time that Mingyu ever heard him mumble her name like this. It was rather heartbreaking, the whining continued and Mingyu got even more concerned, he reached out for Wonwoo, his hand on his shoulder and softly called his name and shook him gently. Wonwoo opened his eyes but didn't move, for a second, his eyes were glassy as if he was still dreaming but the second time Mingyu called his name, he seemed to have regained consciousness. 


Wonwoo looked around him to find Mingyu hovering over him with his big worried eyes. Startled, Wonwoo sat up, he was still processing the dream he just had "Are you okay?" Mingyu asked now sitting next to him on the edge of the bed "You were saying something about" he stopped for a second to take a better look at Wonwoo's face "Your mom" 

Wonwoo blinked, he heaved a sigh, and nodded "I'm okay ... just a headache" he said before holding on the side of his head suddenly looking dull. Mingyu helped him up and ran to their washroom again, rampaged through some stuff, and came back with painkillers which Wonwoo happily took "But what about you mom?" He asked but Wonwoo brushed him off "I don't remember saying anything about my mom" 

"Are you sure? You looked kinda out of it" 

"I'm sorry but ... I don't remember" Wonwoo's response came out as a little cold, he was pushing Mingyu away, he didn't want to talk about it and Mingyu wasn't going to push him to do it. The younger gave him a silent sad smile "Okay" he said "Let's go everyone's waiting on us for dinner" Surely, Mingyu wasn't going to let it slide but he wasn't going to pressure Wonwoo to talk as well. He's always been patient with him, Wonwoo didn't speak much and it wasn't easy to understand him all of time as well but for now, Wonwoo needed to eat and rest and maybe tomorrow they can talk about it.