Jeonghan

Stay Strong Seventeen 2

Inspired from the time when Jeonghan fainted in the hotel after their concert in Japan

—————

Jeonghan POV:

I wasn't feeling well since that morning, I've  been getting cold sweats, my head throbbing and overall just exhausted.

 

We finished the concert and I heaved a long sigh I didn't know I was holding, I did my best ... God I hope I did good and nobody noticed how bad my condition was.

 

Saying my last goodbye, I bowed to the audience and it was almost impossible for me to stand up again.

I felt The8's hand slide over my back and hold me by my waist, and he helped me stand back up. At this point, my legs were about to give up on me and I hardly could stand up and honestly, I have no idea how I made it all the way back to the hotel in one piece.

 

I just kept quiet the entire ride trying to rest my throbbing head but who was I kidding? We were in an after concert bus in Japan, everyone was still too excited and no they were nowhere near quiet on the ride back to the hotel.

 

The last thing I remember was after I took my shower. I was sharing the hotel room with Seungcheol and he hit the shower right after I stepped out. I was standing next to my side of the bed, drying my hair and that's the last thing I remember before everything suddenly became dark.

 

Seungcheol POV:

I walked out of the shower and the sight of Jeonghan laying on the floor with his eyes closed terrified me.

"Jeonghan?" I shouted his name and run towards him, I gently tried to pick him up in my arms, pushed his hair away from his face and shook him a little.

Jeonghan breathed in heavily, he groaned and mumbled something I couldn't understand.

 

He looked completely out of it and I panicked for a while before I picked him off the floor and placed him on the bed. He was still mumbling something and I tried to catch what he was saying but I couldn't.

 

"Jeonghan?" ... "Hannie open your eyes, look at me"

But he couldn't and I think my voice pierced through his ears because he squirmed and whined and struggled to catch his own breaths.

"Shhhh I'm sorry" ... "I'm sorry" I tried to calm him down, trying to control my own tone of voice.

He wasn't ready to wake up and I felt bad for how pale he was getting, he was having a hard time merely breathing and I couldn't just stand there and watch.

 

I quickly reached for my phone and called our manager, I told him what happened and he reassured me that everything will be okay but my heart couldn't stop beating. I rushed back to Jeonghan on the bed, I tried to put him in a more comfortable position, he was motionless and breaths too hot and paler than I've ever seen him.

 

"Tell me what's wrong buddy? Where does it hurt?" But Jeonghan never replied, I held his hand tightly and just waited, I wasn't so sure what to do, what if I made it worse?

 

No one's POV

It didn't take long until the manager came knocking on their door followed by a doctor. Seungcheol opened the door and the two hurried their way to check on Jeonghan. They tried to explain what happened with the little Japanese they knew and the doctor simply listened and nodded trying to figure out what he was dealing with.

 

He checked his vitals and put him under an oxygen ventilator for a while and his breaths seemed to have calmed down. Jeonghan was warm, the doctor showed them the thermometer and it read 38,8 degrees and they knew that Jeonghan was probably suffering from it for a while now.

 

A while later, Jeonghan was hooked on an IV drip, a set of antibiotics and multivitamins were running through the tubes stuck to his forearm and Jeonghan looked merely sleeping. The doctor told them that Jeonghan was dehydrated and overworked, he recommended complete rest through the night and to take it easy on himself the next day because probably he would still be tired.

 

Seungcheol sighed deeply as the doctor left. His manager left with him for a while to figure out the paper work. Seungcheol rinsed the wet towel and placed it on top of Jeonghan's forehead for what seemed to be the hundredth time, he tried to stay awake for as long as he could until sleep took over him and couldn't open his eyes anymore.

 

He fell asleep right next to Jeonghan and when he woke up, it was already morning. He opened his eyes and Jeonghan was starting right back at him

"Heyy" he woke up shaking the sleepiness away "How are you feeling?"

 

"Better" Jeonghan whispered, his voice tired but at least he was awake and looked much better than last night.

Seungcheol reached his hand to press it again Jeonghan's forehead and he was glad to feel that his fever was gone. He smiled and pushed his long soft hair away from his face "I'm glad you're feeling better" ... "Let me get the others and get you some breakfast?"

 

Jeonghan nodded, he was still exhausted but he knew that they still had some time before their flight that evening and he didn't even want to leave the bed until then and he had to wait until the doctor came back for another final checkup before clearing Jeonghan.

 

Soon, the room was flooded with the rest of the members. Up until now, they had no idea what has happened last night and they nagged at Scoups for not telling them sooner but in the end, they calmed down the moment food arrived.