Seungcheol

Stay Strong Seventeen 2

Knee surgery

Hip Hop until special

 

—————

He was sedated, his breaths going up and down in a calm manner while Mingyu, Wonwoo and Vernon waited outside.

 

The fall was quite bad, Mingyu sighed remembering the awful events from yesterday.

 

They were working hard and their leader was working even harder, they shouldn't have tried that move on their own. If Soonyoung or a performance team member was there, they wouldn't let them do it but they were practicing and they thought it was a good idea to practice that stunt only for Seungcheol to fall painfully in the ground landing harshly on his knee.

 

A scream escaped him echoing throughout the practice room sending shivers down their spines and they immediately came to his side.

 

At first, it didn't look so bad "I'm sure it's just a bruise" Scoups reassured them as he put the pain away but no, as time passed by he wasn't able to even stand properly on his own.

He sat on the hard cold floor of the training room and held his knee close to his chest trying to deal with the pain that shot across his body.

 

Wonwoo brought a pain relief spray and tried to numb the area. Scoups only leaned his head back on the wall feeling the cold sensation throughout his leg and it worked for a while until ... it didn't

 

The pain was just too much and the leader wasn't able to stand back up on his feet. Vernon was too worried, he had tears in his eyes the entire time while Mingyu and Wownoo were trying to figure things out.

 

Mingyu held Seungcheol closer offering himself as support to lean on while they slowly walked across the room where Seungcheol could lay down on the small couch they had. He was starting to feel dizzy and the pain almost made him nauseous.

 

Wonwoo locked eyes with Mingyu "Min this isn't right" Scoups was panting and almost breathless, he closed his eyes trying to rest for a while suppressing the pain he was feeling.

 

"I'll get the managers, he probably will need an X-ray let's hope it's not that bad"

 

Wonwoo nodded and watched as Mingyu left "Vernon?" Wonwoo called for the younger who was just watching from a distance eyes completely terrified "Can you find me something soft to elevate his knee? A pillow of some kind?" Wonwoo instructed trying to let Vernon's focus on something else right now.

 

The younger nodded and started to look for anything that could fit Wownoo's description.

 

"Cheol?" He called for his leader "Look, we will take you to the hospital and get you checked out"

 

"Wonwoo I don't think I can move" the Leader breathed in deeply trying to hide his distressed expressions

 

"Then don't" Wonwoo coaxed "Don't move until the doctor sees you"

 

He turned around to find Vernon by his side all what he managed to find was one of Hoshi's tiger plushies, Wonwoo took it, gently placing it under Scoups Knee and signaled the younger to stay by his side.

 

A while later Mingyu and the manager came back and seeing the way Seungcheol was biting his lips to avoid screaming, there was no way in hell they would move him anywhere without medical attention so they ended up calling an ambulance.

 

They arrived soon enough and safely put Scoups on a stretcher. It was heartbreaking seeing the way they rolled their leader outside to the ambulance while they followed silently.

Wonwoo went with Scoups in the ambulance while Mingyu, Vernon and their manager followed them in Mingyu's car.

 

Wonwoo hopped out the ambulance and Scoups was rushed to see a specialized orthopedic immediately. After a few hours of waiting outside the examination room, the X-ray showed a torn ACL

 

The news was a bit overwhelming, a torn ACL is considered as a major injury and required surgery and the recovery usually takes months but that wasn't their concern right now. Their main priority was Scoups, making sure that he was okay, and we'll taken cared of.

 

The manager got on the phone immediately informing their superiors while the boys were allowed to go see him for some time. Seungcheol was under painkillers the entire time, Vernon sat next to him talking softly about random things trying to keep the leader's mind off the pain he was feeling.

 

Wonwoo and Mingyu joined the two a moment later when they were done talking to the doctor about scheduling Seungcheol's surgery. Wonwoo sat down on the other side of Scoups bed while Mingyu brought a chair closer.

 

"I feel high" Seungcheol chuckled making the others laugh too "This is good stuff guys you should try it too"

 

"Good stuff huh? being high on painkillers?" Wonwoo joked holding Seungcheol's hand "I'm glad you feel that way Cheol"

 

"Vernon?" Scoups called the younger "Have your eyes always been this shiny?" Scanning the boy's face up and down

 

"If you say so Hyung sure yes" Vernon laughed at the random comment

 

"Mmmm okay" Scoups said before closing his eyes getting some rest before his surgery first thing in the morning

 

It was a stressful few hours, even though the surgery wasn't considered at all that dangerous but they were definitely worried about their Leader. Wonwoo's hands started shaking about an hour ago his tremors and stress getting the best out of him. Mingyu and Vernon noticed and they both sat him down from pacing continuously back and forth the waiting room.

 

Mingyu held Wonwoo's shaky hands tight "He'll be okay we talked about this"

 

"I know ... I know ... it's just" Wonwoo felt burdened, anxious and overly just stressed out, he heaved a sigh "Where's Vernon?"

 

"I sent him to get some stuff for Cheol for when he wakes up and hopefully he'll remember to get us some snacks too" Mingyu chuckled trying to lighten the mood and Wonwoo seemed to have relaxed a bit.

 

It only took a few hours, the nurse finally came to find them. He's okay, their Leader was doing well, just sedated and under observation.

 

They were told that he'll need time to recover

"He is strong so it's okay"

 

He might not join them for a while

 

"As long as he's healthy that's also okay"

 

"No more reckless stunt moves"

 

"Never again"

 

He was sedated, his breaths going up and down in a calm manner while Mingyu, Wonwoo and Vernon waited outside.

 

—————

Definition:

An ACL tear is an injury to the anterior cruciate ligament (ACL) in your knee. The ACL is one of your knee ligaments. It connects your thigh bone (femur) to your shin bone (tibia). You have one ACL in each knee. It forms an "X" shape inside your knee with your posterior cruciate ligament (PCL).