Soonhoon 2

Stay Strong Seventeen 2

The boys were finally allowed to relax a little when the paramedics stepped out of Jihoon's room.

"He's overworked and dehydrated" ... "He hasn't been taking care of himself lately, we can see that he's been skipping meals and has muscle pain everywhere"

"He's fever is quite high but it's been getting better since we introduced nutritions into his body" ... "He'll wake up soon but he'll be tired, he can't leave bed for the next few days, we would recommend complete bed rest until he feels better"

 

Scoups and Jun nodded agreeing to everything they just heard. Glancing over at Soonyoung, the boy seemed to be merely sleeping. He went through a lot today, he was getting better but no matter what they said, Jihoon was still blaming himself and Scoups couldn't help seeing so broken down anymore

 

"Could you please do me a favor and check on Jihoon?" ... "Our friend, he's the one who found him and we've been trying to calm him down but it's ... he's not doing well"

 

"He might be in shock, sure, I can give him something to calm down"

 

"We would really appreciate it"

 

The paramedic followed Jun outside to check on Jihoon while Scoups took a second to check on Soonyoung.

Jihoon refused their help, all he wanted was to see Soonyoung and he did.

Jun helped him to his feet and walked him over to see Soonyoung. He dropped to his knees holding his boyfriend's hands and buried his head into Soonyoung's forearm on the bed.

 

Scoups kneeled next to him, a hand over his back "Hoon he'll be fine I promise" ... "He'll wake up soon and when he does, he would want you to be there for him" ... "You need to calm down, and be there for him Hoon" ... "Please"

 

Scoups pleaded whipping away the tears that left Jihoon's face. The younger picked his head up and nodded, him and Soonyoung would have so much to talk about when he wakes up and he didn't want to see him like this. He gave up to the paramedic who took his BP and gave him a shot.

Jihoon winced and pulled his arm away as soon as the doctor was done. His attention going back to Soonyoung sleeping figure.

 

Things started to calm down a little after the paramedics left.

 

Jihoon was dozing off next to Soonyoung, his head resting by his arm in the bed while his body still on the floor. Jeonghan sat near him on the floor and covered him with a blanket sighting at the way the two looked.

 

Joshua rinsed the cold towel and pressed it over Soonyoung's forehead. Jun was trying to understand how could this happen when they were together almost 24/7 but then he thought about it and realized that the younger was spending more time in the practice room than he normally does.

 

There wasn't much they could do, the antibiotics were kicking in and Soonyoung was sweating and shivering a little. Joshua wasted no time to tighten the covers around Hoshi's tired body and gently wiped the sweat that covered his temples and neck while Jeonghan was still sitting by Jihoon's side on the floor afraid that the younger would wake up suddenly again with a frantic mood.

 

Soonyoung shifted a little, he was feeling hot and cold and clammy. He swallowed hard before he heard his name being called. He struggled to open his eyes, his eyelids were too heavy and burning. He looked up to meet Jun's worries eyes and he was confused for a while, still recollecting his thoughts and trying to remember what happened that made him feel so beaten up and miserable.

 

He felt Jun's hand over his cheeks, his touch felt cold over his heated skin and he flinched. He blinked his eyes now feeling more awake, he took a few sips from the cold water Jun brought to his lips and that's when he noticed Jihoon sleeping by his side.

Jun slowly pushed Soonyoung back to his pillow but his attention was on Jihoon

 

"He's been waiting for you to wake up for hours"  ... "He was so worried, he almost had an anxiety attack and the doctor gave him a shot to calm him down" ... "He cried for a long time"

 

Soonyoung sighed but didn't say anything "I'm glad you're feeling better Soon" ... "You gave us quite a scare"

 

Hoshi finally diverted his eyes toward Jun, his performance teammate was worried about him of course. His eyes radiated nothing but guilt and sadness "I'm sorry we weren't there for you"

 

"No, it's not your fault" ... "I just needed a distraction" his eyes landing again on the sleeping Jihoon.

Hearing their voices, Jihoon flinched from where he was laying on the floor. He jolted his head up alarmed and their eyes met

"Soon-ah" Jihoon called his boyfriend's name in despair, his tears uncontrollably filled his eyes and breaths were stuck in his chest as he grabbed into Soonyoung tightly and all he could say was "I'm sorry"

 

Jun stood up "I'll leave you two alone"

 

Jun left closing the door behind himself, he wasn't sure what was going on between the couple but he hoped that they would figure it out.

 

Jihoon was crying holding into Soonyoung's shirt tightly but the younger was motionless underneath him. Soonyoung didn't even try to stop him, he didn't try to shush him and tell him he was okay, and he didn't ruffle his hair or wipe his tears or pull him closer.

 

Jihoon felt like the world ended

 

"I'm sorry"

"I'm sorry"

"I came home to tell you that I took a break" ... "To apologize to you" ... "To spend time together" ... "I'm sorry"

 

Jihoon was choking on his own words, breaths hitching and tears already wetting Soonyoung's shirt

 

"You weren't there for me Hoon"

 

Soonyoung finally broke his silence, his voice tired and slightly shivering "I needed you and you weren't there" ... "You're my life line and my anchor and you weren't there to save me"

 

Jihoon looked to face Soonyoung, he tried to stop crying and wipe his own tears, gain a little more self composure

"I'm here now" he was confident in his own words "And I'll never leave you again"

 

Soonyoung was exhausted but he couldn't help but to finally react and let his feeling show, he gasped "You better not" ... "I don't know what to do without you"

 

Needless to say that it was a mess of tears and hugs and warm passionate kisses. They've missed each other so much that they couldn't stay away anymore. No one dared to disturb them knowing that the two had their own problems to solve. They loved each other dearly and it wasn't the kind of love to vanish so easily.

 

Soonyoung ended up falling asleep in Jihoon's arms too tired and feverish to leave his bed. Jihoon was glad to have him so close again, he hugged him closer like his life depended on it and he wasn't ready let go anytime soon.